+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Personal Protection

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Default Re: Personal Protection

I've got a .38 revolver that shoots .357 magnum if I want, but it's kind of big, and I'm thinking a .32 revolver for carry -- I that's what James Bond had :-)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Nasu (24th September 2022), pyrangello (20th October 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Tucker Carlson examines the crime wave in big cities run by woke officials, and the need to protect yourself:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

pyrangello (20th October 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 times in 973 posts

I mostly have to protect myself from yours truly.

Tonight I figured out a way to keep a hip-pad in place, so falling off my cruiserboard won’t be serious. Had a huge scare last month, followed by some serious healing. Don’t want to “test God”.

Details, for folks who might be concerned about damaging of hips in a fall: ...

This uses a plastic pad, probs a knee pad of tradesmen who work in their knees. Previously, just tucked it in the side of my shorts, but it always wanted to fall out of there and down my pant leg, even defeating my brainstorm of buttressing the shorts-containment with gorilla tape (best duck tape).

What worked was suspending it in that same shorts-position, inside a plastic bag that was hung by a big knot out the top of my trousers’ belt. Centred/centered it in the bag with that same good tape. Only down$ide, that I can $ee, is $k8ing to the bar more often. ~8O

Hey how come nobody talks about Jorge Sprave’s solutions, magazine-fed fast-cocking ~crossbows?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

pyrangello (20th October 2022)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,930 times in 428 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    I've got a .38 revolver that shoots .357 magnum if I want, but it's kind of big, and I'm thinking a .32 revolver for carry -- I that's what James Bond had :-)

I heard once that -> the greatest danger to a prepper is another prepper..
    Is every mind connected to form a peer to peer network that creates the illusion of a shared reality, making the appearance of material reality a simulation created through shared beliefs?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

Peace in Oz (20th October 2022), pyrangello (20th October 2022)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here’s a different take on ballistic shields for home protection against normal handguns.

2 models, from the same (USA) manufacturer, currently US$399. and $499. Uses a Kevlar panel in the middle.

RTS Tactical Bulletproof Memory Foam Pillow Test & Review (Seriously...)
    6,083 views Premiered 3 hours ago

Mrgunsngear Channel
    752K subscribers

“We take the RTS Tactical Level IIIA armored memory foam pillow out to the range to see what rounds it will, and won't, stop 🇺🇸

Link to pick one up: https://mrgunsngear.org/3TYg6JO”

10. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This might well fit a thread dealing with A-2, or government overreach, or the current regulatory clown-show. Couldn’t think of one or find one, so here be it. Lots of depth to stories like this, relevant to the prevalent gun-defence theme here. Lots of legal actions happening now regarding firearms in the US of A.

US Navy Sailor Wrongfully Convicted For Illegally Selling Machine Guns
    4,454 views Premiered 2 hours ago

Mrgunsngear Channel
    752K subscribers

“Petty Officer 1st Class Patrick Tate Adamiak, an active duty Navy Sailor, has been wrongfully convicted for selling machine guns, grenade launchers, and more!”

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Nasu (28th October 2022), TargeT (28th October 2022)

12. Link to Post #27
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

it's kind of big,

M16 and the AR15 are both basically .22's

I've taught self defense for quite a few years, if you want a great conceal carry, well this is it i've done a lot of research and actual work in the field, I own two of these now.

Do with that what you will (btw, the caliber isn't the problem, the use or understanding is.)

YMMV
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (28th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (28th October 2022), Nasu (28th October 2022)

14. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    it's kind of big,

M16 and the AR15 are both basically .22's

I've taught self defense for quite a few years, if you want a great conceal carry, well this is it i've done a lot of research and actual work in the field, I own two of these now.

Do with that what you will (btw, the caliber isn't the problem, the use or understanding is.)

YMMV
    I hear my ego goading me “You know more about Sigs than this guy!”. Oof. Can’t trust that sly input. For one thing, I have no hands on, at least since early 1959.

SIG Sauer - Where does it come from? 🇩🇪 German?🇨🇭Swiss? 🇺🇸 American? ???????
    18,095 views Premiered 13 hours ago

9-Hole Reviews

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

TargeT (28th October 2022), TomKat (28th October 2022)

16. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Casey Claar (here)
    I would rather work on deepening my connection with my Guidance system to position me away from bodily harm. I would never shoot anyone regardless of the situation so for me it seems the more viable option. I may also have at my disposal ways of making myself invisible. It is necessary ( in my case ) to think out beyond the current life and cause no harm that could cause me more harm than good. We all have our roles to play. I am just pointing out that the tools at our disposal go WAY beyond guns. Which does not exclude them but simply offers more choice. Big subject, and I thank the OP for bringing it to the floor.
    Dear Casey, belated response to your leveling/evening post. I have long noticed that I attract what I fear, and have taken this as a hint to not not prepare for specific defence scenarios. All of my dangerous people-situations have been resolved through spontaneous use of strengths that had been grown elsewhere.

Now, I feel like one of the mischevious elves or some such part-material or immaterial little thing (what an ex-GF said she had seen, and which she described), for asking you this. Do you care about the safety of people who are only aware of the physical-fraction of life, enough to give them advice on how to ‘defend’ in their way?

In this vid, the woman guest/student says she wants to be equipped to protect her children. Disclaimer from me, I don’t know if she even has kids, and maybe she knows more than she admits, but I think the vid gives good pointers for new and/or lesser-physique folk. A dozen or so implements, the smaller range of handguns and some carbines (pistol-round long guns).

Some good basic points of training too, “Finger off the trigger” when you aren’t intent on targeting.

What Is The Best Gun For A Woman? Let's Find Out!

Mrgunsngear Channel
    787K subscribers

19,543 views Premiered 10 hours ago
    “What is the best gun for a woman who's not an experienced shooter? Let's try some options and find out 🇺🇸

This video but with links that we can't post here: https://mrgunsngear.org/3ZEwlOw”

Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 5th April 2023 at 01:07.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Casey Claar (5th April 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2