Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Liz Truss resigns as UK Prime Minister

1. Link to Post #21
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Liz Truss resigns as UK Prime Minister

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    44 days in the job in one of the most turbulent global political climates and all she gets is ridiculed, compared to a lettuce and Public Duty Cost Allowance (PDCDA), worth up to £115,000, every year for the rest of her life.
    I suppose the proof is in the pudding, (aka, what did she actually accomplish) ?

however, I do agree that she seems to have skated out of there pretty easily; which makes me tend to distrust and focus abit more on accomplishments.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (24th October 2022), Denise/Dizi (21st October 2022), Johnnycomelately (21st October 2022), Matthew (21st October 2022), Tintin (23rd October 2022), Vangelo (22nd October 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,320 times in 4,085 posts

I apologise for my droll, deadpan twang - I've lost all hope in any of the rotten bunch in Westminster. The global coup is still on going, they would probably be risking their lives to go against the script. I didn't have enough enthusiasm to see what she was doing in her 44 days aside from the tax u-turn and globalist appointments.

I noticed your post norman, probably the best way to look at it all

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Quote Posted by bogeyman (here)
    A friend of mine works within the House Of Commons in the policy department, he told me it's a "complete shambles believe me".
    . .and today's UK Column opens with (almost) glee about how all this revolving of doors is at least slowing down the passage of draconian legislation through parliament.

UK Column News Podcast 21st October 2022

I'm starting to wonder if there are steadier hands at work behind the curtain. For all we know, 'Britain' might already be making plans ( or even committed ) to join BRICS as soon as this crash and flush out has run it's course.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

avid (21st October 2022), Bassplayer1 (24th October 2022), Brigantia (22nd October 2022), ClearWater (22nd October 2022), Denise/Dizi (21st October 2022), Johnnycomelately (22nd October 2022), norman (21st October 2022), Snoweagle (23rd October 2022), Spiral (21st October 2022), TargeT (21st October 2022), Tintin (23rd October 2022), Vangelo (22nd October 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,437 times in 8,340 posts

Liz Truss: 45 days in 45 seconds

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (24th October 2022), Brigantia (22nd October 2022), Denise/Dizi (21st October 2022), ExomatrixTV (24th October 2022), Ivanhoe (23rd October 2022), Johnnycomelately (22nd October 2022), Le Chat (23rd October 2022), Tintin (23rd October 2022), Vangelo (22nd October 2022)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,016 times in 2,210 posts

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    I apologise for my droll, deadpan twang - I've lost all hope in any of the rotten bunch in Westminster. The global coup is still on going, they would probably be risking their lives to go against the script. I didn't have enough enthusiasm to see what she was doing in her 44 days aside from the tax u-turn and globalist appointments.
    The whole thing and politics in general has become so ridiculous perhaps the only way to penetrate the madness and create a shift is to Out Gaslight the Gaslighters...

'They' have been gaslighting the world with never ending reverse reality - twisting everyone's head out of shape with the nonsense and insanity - trying to dumb us down at every turn and kill us - the whole thing is a bad joke anyway....

We have the Monster Raving Loony Party waiting in the wings...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offici...ng_Loony_Party

and maybe the Silly Party could also be brought into being - in the world of reverse reality - the Silly Party would really be the Sensible Party -

If ever there was a time for all the Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrels to come out and save us from the rotten, boring, self serving fakes..... it's now....

And come on..... Malcolm Peter Brian Telescope Adrian Umbrella Stand Jasper Wednesday (pops mouth twice) Stoatgobbler John Raw Vegetable (whinnying) Arthur Norman Michael (blows squeaker) Featherstone Smith (whistle) Northcott Edwards Harris (fires pistol, then 'whoop') Mason (chuff-chuff-chuff-chuff) Frampton Jones Fruitbat Gilbert (sings) 'We'll keep a welcome in the' (three shots) Williams If I Could Walk That Way Jenkin (squeaker) Tiger-drawers Pratt Thompson (sings) 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head' Darcy Carter (horn) Pussycat (sings) 'Don't Sleep In The Subway' Barton Mainwaring (hoot, 'whoop') Smith.......... before it's too late...

Monti Pajton - Izborna noć/Monty Python - Election Night

just a thought -

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (24th October 2022), Brigantia (22nd October 2022), Denise/Dizi (21st October 2022), Ernie Nemeth (21st October 2022), Ivanhoe (23rd October 2022), Johnnycomelately (22nd October 2022), Le Chat (23rd October 2022), Matthew (21st October 2022), Michel Leclerc (23rd October 2022), Tintin (23rd October 2022), Vangelo (22nd October 2022)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	EE6AA066-5501-4BF8-883D-672FEAE4967E.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	49768
    Who will even read her résumé?
    Last edited by ulli; 21st October 2022 at 23:26.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (24th October 2022), Bluegreen (21st October 2022), Brigantia (22nd October 2022), Denise/Dizi (21st October 2022), Johnnycomelately (22nd October 2022), Mercedes (25th October 2022), mojo (22nd October 2022), Pam (24th October 2022), RunningDeer (21st October 2022), Spiral (22nd October 2022), Tintin (23rd October 2022), Vangelo (22nd October 2022)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Thank you Michel Leclerc and others. Since the equation pro-EU = pro-Ukraine does not hold for everyone, let’s take another look.

I have analyzed in some detail elsewhere how the EU began as a peacemaking organization to calm Germany after its three wars of aggression. In that regard it has been an outstanding success. Germany’s problem was an expansionist, imperialist agenda (jealousy of England?) launched from its unpromising base in the middle of Europe. Eastern Europe was the local part of that Lebensraum agenda, and being a huge country within that region, Ukraine played a part in that story. But this is Slavic territory culturally linked to Russia. The earlier stability ended after the Cold War when the US decided it was the one and only superpower. Stirring neo-nazism was its modus operandi for influence in that area. Ukraine is the battleground and Russia is geographically in the front line and obliged to defend herself. But Russia, like any other country, has a populace and a governing elite. What is exotic about Russia is that the populace might be getting behind the government because it looks after them in a way not seen in say London. This is corroborated by the elite being in the opposition, and making its influence felt through all those oligarchs who robbed their fortunes during the collapse of the Soviet Union. A lot of that stolen cash would seem to be funding the British Conservative party.

The above is my briefest view of the international situation. I come to the Tory party, which has ruled the country and the British Empire for around three quarters of its history, something that has happened for the most part throughout Europe (but very much not in Russia). An elite minority has been in power more or less all the time, with brief interludes of opposition party rule. In demographic terms, what this means is that the interests of the majority have rarely been represented, and since the popular vote was introduced, this has continued with people often voting perhaps against their own interests. As they are now discovering, the ‘Red wall’ constituencies are only the latest example of this ‘turkeys voting for Christmas’ syndrome. No one on this forum should be surprised to see this anomaly being sustained by the mainstream media, which is particularly vicious in the UK with the Murdoch tabloid press selling millions of copies daily to factory workers and the like, something not seen elsewhere. Populism is the derogatory term used to describe what happens when ordinary people take an interest in politics. However the term covers two diametrically opposed phenomena: the difference between left and right in this regard is that the left has the uphill task of promoting radical change to the never-ending injustice, while the rightist version is designed to prop up the status quo. While conservative populism was always something of a contradiction in terms, that fact has now become brutally clear by introducing blatant soak-the-poor policies.

Meanwhile, the left-leaning opposition has its hands tied in both the two major areas we are considering. First, since Brexit was decided ‘democratically’, Starmer has to devise a platform designed to make Brexit work, instead of updating a remainer agenda into a ‘closer ties with Europe’ one, still less applying to rejoin the EU. Since the instigators of Brexit are themselves proving totally unable to make Brexit work, that is a difficult challenge that is drawing flak away from the government to the opposition. What Mercouris is doing is criticizing the government, which is fair enough, but he is doing so as a disappointed Brexiteer, which I find extremely dubious.
    And secondly (and this would explain Corbyn’s ejection), Starmer has to buy into the warmongering narrative of an evil Putin invading Ukraine in an illegal war, and possibly committing war crimes in the process. People, including civilians, women and children, get killed in war, that is what war means. ‘War crimes’ is an oxymoron; clearly there is something criminal about fomenting unnecessary wars. So we have two major policy issues where the opposition is stymied and unable to offer a radically alternative agenda. All this should be making life much simpler for the party in office, but this just goes to show that the degree of stupidity required to engineer this self-inflicted Tory meltdown was much greater than we thought.

As far as I can see, what is happening is the latest – American – version of imperialism. There is no need for a ‘planned takedown of America’: this is how empires invariably collapse as they make themselves too objectionable to too many. Brexit fits in with this picture of defeating Russia in two ways, by simultaneously weakening Europe and furthering a criminal agenda seeking to turn the UK into an offshore tax haven. This would seem to point to an inconsistency in a stance that is both anti-EU and anti-Ukraine/pro-Russia. This needs to be set alongside the toxic anti-EU pro-Ukraine combination, suggesting that a strong EU would seem to have a key rôle to play in any favourable solution.

I suggested my forum membership might be in jeopardy. What I meant was that when you find an alternative media outlet claiming to be better informed than the broadsheets but aligning itself with the vicious tabloids backing these unhinged politicians, if only on the single subject of Brexit, then the only reason for hanging around in a very uncomfortable position is the fact that, here at least, dissenting voices are allowed, such dialogue being the only way forward. This forum has the much-needed open-mindedness to make a useful contribution, but more work needs to be done on this issue.

History has gone from warring gods to warring kings (cf. Richard III) to warring politicians. The next step in this ‘trickle-down’ agenda is the entire world at war, compared with which World War II was a walk in the park. The twentieth century saw great advances in multiplying civilian casualties, culminating in Japan, and the Japan campaign culminating in you know what.
    The only viable alternative is therefore a grassroots-up approach, one which reverses the cause of war, namely aggression whether to stamp out some perceived evil or to steal some advantage, into something more tolerant, such as incompetence or learning difficulties experienced by an immature human race on the way to greater things. As always, we have two different perspectives on the same data.

The idea of some controlling superforce using crass incompetence as a weapon is to say the least somewhat counterintuitive. Another perspective could explain the same data, and might just obviate the need for some putative superforce, be it behind-the-scenes human, terrestrial, extraterrestrial, interdimensional or from beyond the multiverse! Occam’s razor working overtime.
    Johnson and Truss have been exploring new depths of ‘incompetence’ while setting themselves up for a generous life pension at everyone else’s expense, no more résumés needed. The only way to get round the sheer incompetence is to tout Truss (as some have done) as a Lib-Dem mole who has infiltrated the Conservative Party to bring it down. This does not need to be actually true for it to describe what is objectively happening, albeit as an unplanned side effect. After all, incompetence/inexperience can typically involve doing something and simultaneously undoing it – e.g. a baby tackling its very first mouthful of nonliquid food and spitting it all out. It may be a fascinating instance of Jung’s enantiodromia, whereby something switches to its opposite: the totally dumb turning into a stroke of genius, why not? However, the question as to whether this is a brilliant ploy or total lack of self-awareness is secondary to the lesson it brings for all, namely when something goes (horribly) wrong, the next step is to work out why and try something different, i.e. more intelligent. The baby copes better second time around because it has eliminated the surprise factor, and is hungry after all: it’s called learning from experience, and it is an imperative for growth, including Trussian growth. Was it Spiral said above ‘we are in uncharted territory’? Precisely so. But we are learning. We have an instinct for learning; and so do our pets. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...uck-cat-parrot

From the above, we might learn that Brexit and Ukraine are two aspects of a single problem. One major battle in the current war is being fought in and over the UK. A small symbol of this battle is the way British cars in mainland Europe now bear UK instead of GB plates. This is doubtless the work of the breakaway disUnited Kingdom, but for a while it looked like they were bringing loads of migrants from eastern Europe. The fact of the matter is indeed that many former British tourists have now themselves become asylum seekers on the continent – voting with their feet. This is the other half of the flight or fight instinct. However, we are trying to get beyond pure instinct where this huge brain/mind of ours can be of some use. So how would this work? Over to you, I don’t have all the answers
    It might have something to do with multiple equations of the type we started with. Say, UK = UK = EU = RF… Médecins sans frontières. The next step might be UN-member Russia applying to join NATO. Totally ridiculous… for now.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (24th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (22nd October 2022), Michel Leclerc (23rd October 2022), pabranno (24th October 2022), Tintin (23rd October 2022), Vangelo (22nd October 2022)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

interesting break down from a "local"

edit:
    full disclosure, I could only make it through about 2/3 of that video... Russel Brand's humor is a bit obnoxious to me; and not very funny... maybe it's too referential on topics i'm not aware of, maybe not....
    Last edited by TargeT; 23rd October 2022 at 22:56.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (24th October 2022), Ivanhoe (23rd October 2022), Mercedes (25th October 2022), Michel Leclerc (23rd October 2022)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,185 times in 1,359 posts

It looks like the next PM will be Rishi Sunak, as Johnson has pulled out of the race. Penny Mordaunt doesn't have sufficient support to win.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-63327087

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (24th October 2022), Mercedes (25th October 2022), Michel Leclerc (23rd October 2022), Spiral (24th October 2022)

17. Link to Post #29
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,278 times in 21,093 posts

• Nigel Farage Blasts Uk Prime Minster Debacle: 'It's An Embarrassment':

Former Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage discusses Liz Truss' resignation as U.K. prime minister amid Europe's political and economic turmoil.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (24th October 2022), Brigantia (24th October 2022), Mercedes (25th October 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2