+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Itaewon's 'Halloween crowd' crush accident killed 149 people... injured 76 people

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,113 times in 807 posts

Default Itaewon's 'Halloween crowd' crush accident killed 149 people... injured 76 people

source: https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/artic...&ntype=RANKING (Korean)

At least tens of thousands of people gathered in front of Halloween in Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, causing a massive crushing disaster.

There was 225 casualties, 149 deaths and 76 injuries, reported by the fire department as of 6:00 AM on the 30th.

Of the deaths, 104 were confirmed dead after being transported to several hospitals. 45 people died on the spot and their bodies were temporarily placed at the Wonhyo-ro multi-purpose gymnasium, and then moved to the mortuary of Soonchunhyang University Hospital in Yongsan-gu.

Of the 76 people injured, 19 are known to be seriously injured, and the death toll could rise further in the future.

The party had to go on!

==
    It seems many people become zombie-like beings who have no situational awareness.
    Last edited by Hughe; 30th October 2022 at 00:19.
    For free society!

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (30th October 2022), Denise/Dizi (30th October 2022), gini (30th October 2022), Harmony (30th October 2022), Ioneo (30th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th October 2022), justntime2learn (30th October 2022), Le Chat (30th October 2022), Nasu (31st October 2022), Orph (30th October 2022), pabranno (30th October 2022), RatRodRob...RRR (30th October 2022), The KMan (31st October 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

Default Re: Itaewon's 'Halloween crowd' crush accident killed 149 people... injured 76 people

WOW...

How sad is it that people just mob forward without even considering some may have fallen in the front, and been crushed as a result of having nowhere to go... How important is a dang celebration that people have to behave is such a frenzied manner?

It almost looks like an American mall on Black Friday. People need to grow up and learn to respect themselves and others... No gathering is worth dying over.

I feel for those who lost their lives, and those left behind who are left to mourn these senseless deaths.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (30th October 2022), fifi (1st November 2022), Harmony (30th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (31st October 2022), justntime2learn (30th October 2022), Le Chat (30th October 2022), Nasu (31st October 2022), pabranno (30th October 2022), RatRodRob...RRR (30th October 2022), The KMan (31st October 2022), Vangelo (30th October 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Itaewon's 'Halloween crowd' crush accident killed 149 people... injured 76 people

The crowd at the site just before the Itaewon Halloween Day disaster

The video length is three minutes. While one guy was climbing on the big sign to escape from the imminent danger, people were laughing at him.

@Denise/Dizi

The general public is driven by fear and madness, stupidity.
    For free society!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (30th October 2022), Harmony (30th October 2022), Johnnycomelately (31st October 2022), Le Chat (30th October 2022), pabranno (31st October 2022), The KMan (31st October 2022), Vangelo (30th October 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

For those who sense something else possibly at work, this is a (divine?) perspective when asked what happened at the Travis Scott concert where 9 people died. Source: www.getwisdom.com

"Was there anything sinister behind the tragic loss of nine lives from the uncontrollable crowd surge during the Astroworld concert in Houston, Texas with rapper Travis Scott?

Unfortunately, this was manipulated to happen. It was done through mind control to create within the concertgoers a very strong and uncontrollable impulse to get closer to the action, closer to the performer, and to blot out of the mind any hesitation or thoughts about the consequences of so many people pressing together, wanting to surge forward all at once. This is an example of the kind of malicious predatory behavior done solely for the amusement of depraved beings who have power over you and delight in making you unhappy. It is particularly annoying to them to see large groups of humans in a happy moment celebrating in large numbers, when they want you to be cowering in fear and living lives of desperation and struggle. After all, that is what they are working towards through your politics and attacks on the environment, as well as the biowarfare they launch against you."
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Andre (31st October 2022), Chip (1st November 2022), Harmony (31st October 2022), Johnnycomelately (31st October 2022), pabranno (31st October 2022), selinam (31st October 2022), silverfish (31st October 2022), The KMan (31st October 2022), wondering (31st October 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)
    For those who sense something else possibly at work, this is a (divine?) perspective when asked what happened at the Travis Scott concert where 9 people died. Source: www.getwisdom.com

"Was there anything sinister behind the tragic loss of nine lives from the uncontrollable crowd surge during the Astroworld concert in Houston, Texas with rapper Travis Scott?

Unfortunately, this was manipulated to happen. It was done through mind control to create within the concertgoers a very strong and uncontrollable impulse to get closer to the action, closer to the performer, and to blot out of the mind any hesitation or thoughts about the consequences of so many people pressing together, wanting to surge forward all at once. This is an example of the kind of malicious predatory behavior done solely for the amusement of depraved beings who have power over you and delight in making you unhappy. It is particularly annoying to them to see large groups of humans in a happy moment celebrating in large numbers, when they want you to be cowering in fear and living lives of desperation and struggle. After all, that is what they are working towards through your politics and attacks on the environment, as well as the biowarfare they launch against you."
    Yeah I dunno ... pretty sure you don't need some sort of sorcery style mind control to make people want to get closer to the stage during an event, wouldn't that be a natural desire? Its not remotely unusual or requiring a sinister element, and thus, usually there's crowd control mechanisms to help prevent these types of things at events.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Harmony (31st October 2022), Johnnycomelately (31st October 2022), Nasu (31st October 2022), selinam (31st October 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,744 times in 997 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

Yeah I dunno ... pretty sure you don't need some sort of sorcery style mind control to make people want to get closer to the stage during an event, wouldn't that be a natural desire? Its not remotely unusual or requiring a sinister element, and thus, usually there's crowd control mechanisms to help prevent these types of things at events.
    Crowd crushes never really registered with me until I was in one. City team was in or near the Stanley Cup finals, I think it was next day after a raucous night of celebration, when at least one fire was built in the middle of Whyte Ave.

In just a part of a block, but lots of people, cops on the otherwise empty street yelled and threatened people to not step off the curb. What I hated most was, to be euphemistic about it, not feeling much care for the other poor folks close around me. I have exploded in one on one and a one on six confrontations, but this was different and frankly scared me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Nasu (31st October 2022), pabranno (31st October 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 times in 442 posts

A large number of these young people were wearing masks, which may have contributed to the number of fatalities, especially if one starts hyperventilating in a crowd. I watched quite a few video clips of the event, most of which were filmed minutes after the stampede. The thing that seems really odd to me is that I could not find a single person crying, distraught or traumatised. Surely, many of them would be comforting each other in the aftermath. But all I can see in video after video are people walking calmly along the street or standing around. Admittedly, I didn't search any South Korean social media platforms where I'm sure there must be lots of other non-official videos since almost every one of these kids had their phones there. Anyone else find this odd?
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andre For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (31st October 2022), pabranno (31st October 2022), Tyy1907 (31st October 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)

It would be a natural desire but to put common sense away completely, to put everything on the line just to see better? It's like they're switched off, turned into zombies. That's what witnesses said about the Travis Scott concert.
    Like they were under a spell.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

16. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,301 times in 4,083 posts

I saw about this on twitter but didn't realise it would be as bad as it's turned out. Before I realised there would be more than 20 fatalities I was wondering why the high number of cardiac arrests? I jump to think of the you-know-what but other comments argued that cardiac arrests are common in a crush.

The events from twitter' ƒαrαн

https://twitter.com/twinkyxstar/stat...81496658825216

Then there's this headline focusing on the cardiac arrests

And I wasn't the only one scratching my chin about this but it may well be typical for the tragedy.

A tragedy it hurts to look. I feel so sorry for anyone effected.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (31st October 2022), pabranno (31st October 2022), Reinhard (31st October 2022)

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 times in 442 posts

Telegram comments I read raise some very interesting issues such as how likely is it for so many people to suffer cardiac arrest simultaneously? And how likely is it so many (in the videos) would receive CPR if they were victims of a crush where ribs and so forth may be broken? And is there a link to the 5G rollout in South Korea that ccommenced in August? Question everything, right!
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Andre For This Post:

Vangelo (1st November 2022)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

There was no real fire at the cinema. The panicked children created stampede out of survival instinct. 70 children were killed.

==

When I was in middle of 20s I was living in Seoul. I got used to take the hell subway that gave discomfort due to crowds in rush hours in the morning and evening. I had no control over while I was pushing or pulled by the flow of crowds in the narrow hallways of underground subway station. One day I felt it was not worth to live like this.

Whenever an accident occurs in big cities, it results hundreds causalities.

Many Koreans love to go to crowded places. They really like to watch people and be part of the whole, which I think represents the deadly collectivism.
    Last edited by Hughe; 1st November 2022 at 09:05.
    For free society!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hughe For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (1st November 2022)

+ Reply to Thread