Thread: Justice (🎶 How does it work?).

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 times in 982 posts

Default Justice (🎶 How does it work?).

Hi folks. My 2nd attempt at a thread. Am hoping this one will be useful.

This idea is about looking at issues that involve justice. I will start with a story/vid that is spoken from a lawyer’s POV (and I might post this guy again — Steve Lehto — downthread too because I like his talk), but I mean this to be a general place for talk and stories about justice here on everyday Earth.

By “justice”, I basically mean earnestness. One of our key parameters. Everybody has experience with it, from being both good and bad, is my personal take.

Landlord Tells Chicken Restaurant It Can't Sell Chicken
    106K views 20 hours ago

Steve Lehto
    347K subscribers

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

All is one (24th November 2022), Casey Claar (11th November 2022), ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), Harmony (10th November 2022), Icare (26th April 2023), Inversion (21st November 2022), Ioneo (8th November 2022), iota (16th November 2022), Ivanhoe (8th November 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (17th November 2022), Kryztian (8th November 2022), Miller (9th January 2023), mojo (27th December 2022), Nasu (25th November 2022), palehorse (24th November 2022), shaberon (17th November 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: Justice (🎶 How does it work?).

I am not justice - earnestness...lol. But I'll bite...

Justice in the broadest sense is 'doing the right thing'. But that is justice with the belief in morality. Justice in our world is a bit less cut-and-dried. Justice has been watered down to defer to ethics, a means to moderate and redefine morality.

Earnestness has little to do with justice. Justice may claim to be honest and consistent but it never is because it can't be either honest or consistent when ethics are employed to qualify morality.

How much is one life worth? That depends on who has to pay and who gets the reward. If it is Pfizer reaping the benefits, then one life is worth any amount of money. If it is the common man who stands to gain, then economists and politicians will explain why there is not enough money to pay for it.

That is the primary driver of our justice system in today's world, if it ever was anything else.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

All is one (24th November 2022), Harmony (10th November 2022), iota (16th November 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (17th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (10th November 2022), Miller (25th April 2023), Nasu (25th November 2022), shaberon (17th November 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Looks like an every day legal dispute that will be resolved in the courts, but someone wanted to publicize it outside of court, for some reason.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

All is one (24th November 2022), iota (16th November 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (17th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (10th November 2022), Miller (25th April 2023), shaberon (17th November 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I am not justice - earnestness...lol. But I'll bite...

Justice in the broadest sense is 'doing the right thing'. But that is justice with the belief in morality. Justice in our world is a bit less cut-and-dried. Justice has been watered down to defer to ethics, a means to moderate and redefine morality.

Earnestness has little to do with justice. Justice may claim to be honest and consistent but it never is because it can't be either honest or consistent when ethics are employed to qualify morality.

How much is one life worth? That depends on who has to pay and who gets the reward. If it is Pfizer reaping the benefits, then one life is worth any amount of money. If it is the common man who stands to gain, then economists and politicians will explain why there is not enough money to pay for it.

That is the primary driver of our justice system in today's world, if it ever was anything else.
    Thank you for asking. One life is presently worth US$7m, not including vital signs or lawyers’ fees.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (16th November 2022), ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), iota (16th November 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (17th November 2022), Miller (25th April 2023), mojo (27th December 2022), shaberon (17th November 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here is Sonja from Montreal, talking, working through issues that I see as involving justice.

She references society and social/propaganda pressures, talks about the value of community.

I am only to ~36:00 here. I quite liked her recent vid about hormone replacement therapy, and the spoof one Diary of a Mail-Order Bride: Croatia

First couple min - directions
    ~3:00+ - social environment, internet ‘traps’
    4:35+ - PsyOps on the internet
    ~20:00+ - different phase now, carbon tax time?. Pandemic made us more compliant.

God Takes You In Different Directions

thetruthergirls
    106K subscribers

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), iota (16th November 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (17th November 2022), mojo (27th December 2022), shaberon (17th November 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Channel owner doffs his stage persona and speaks deep. About the importance of knowing history, about his gauge of the current times in context of what has been. For this (majority) part of the vid, he talks walking on a trail through a forest.

When the scene turns to indoors, he talks about the YouTube aspect of why their (many hands) channel exists. Interesting take on how the comment feedback affects him. Compares it to quantum physics discoveries of ‘observer effect’.

This Is Why Our Channel Exists - Townsends
    32K views 6 hours ago

Townsends
    1.99M subscribers

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), iota (16th November 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (17th November 2022), mojo (27th December 2022), shaberon (17th November 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,527 times in 4,011 posts

Do you mean Justice, or the court system?

Plenty of innocent people in the penitentiary.

I would say Justice works automatically, is the principle of absolute Equilibrium.

I suppose it is unclear to most people how this unfolds from a psychological plane to the physical, but it does, just not necessarily in a time scale convenient for mortals.

Thus, if you die in an unjust condition, you go to Hell. I would suggest that is much more real than legal proceedings.

At issue then is really the field of Law, which most do not understand. Here, I would call attention to Trespass, as used in the Lord's Prayer. Does anyone know what this is, or has it become empty words?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

All is one (24th November 2022), ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (17th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (21st November 2022), mojo (27th December 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    Do you mean Justice, or the court system?

At issue then is really the field of Law, which most do not understand. Here, I would call attention to Trespass, as used in the Lord's Prayer. Does anyone know what this is, or has it become empty words?
    Good question, the first one. The title, with the music notes emoji, is intended to evoke that song about magnetism (Insane Clown Posse?). I used the courtish setting for my first two posts, but I really mean justice generally.

Your final question is the kind I am looking for, thank you. Would you please unpack that nugget? To me it means to respect personal boundaries, to not bind by way of having personal knowledge.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

All is one (24th November 2022), ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (17th November 2022), mojo (27th December 2022), shaberon (24th November 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dan Gryder is living an earnest life. Personal statement of his life purpose is at 42:20/43:55.

CAF's Russ Royce: Not Really An Airboss
    9,016 views Premiered 96 minutes ago

Probable Cause: Dan Gryder
    93.2K subscribers

“See the Blancolirio report here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C342d...

This video contains a cross section of several topics, Carol/Karen, what's the difference.
    The main topic of this video is towards the end but concludes with a solid opinion on the deadly CAF crash in Dallas where 6 lives were lost during an airshow mid air collision. Your opinion matters. If I got it wrong now is the time to tell me, but I am not liking what I see at CAF.”

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), mojo (27th December 2022), shaberon (24th November 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here is Mr. Gryder again, passionate and knowing, pushing (what I mean by) justice.

This one includes actual law, which he is critical of. Both the FAA mandated training for the incident flight-scenario (aerodynamic stall), and the politically vested interests of the lawmaking that ensued.

I include the complete lengthy description, which includes a request for financial help, out of respect for this person. Not meaning to disrespect people who cannot afford to help: neither can I.

The Big Lie: Colgan 3407
    5,844 views Premiered 2 hours ago

93.7K subscribers

“Colgan Air Flight 3407, a Continental Connection Flight 3407 was a scheduled passenger flight from Newark, New Jersey, to Buffalo, New York which crashed on Thursday, February 12, 2009. The aircraft, a Bombardier Q400, entered an aerodynamic stall from which it did not recover, and crashed into a house at 6038 Long Street in Clarence Center, New York, at 10:17 pm EST (03:17 UTC), killing all 49 passengers and crew on board, as well as one person inside the house.

This video documentary explains how the plane crashed, and the image that was projected by politicians with respect to what they wanted you to think the cause was, and how the 1500 hour rule came into existence. This film shows the truth about the real reasons for the crash, (The Captain followed FAA altitude bust training and conditioning during the crisis) and how the new 1,500 hour rule has crippled our industry, and lowered actual safety levels.

FROM THE NTSB REPORT: https://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/a...
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    "The captain’s subsequent control inputs were also not appropriate because he pulled back
    on the column rather than pushed forward to reduce AOA. As a result, the airplane’s pitch
    attitude and AOA increased and its airspeed decreased. After the stall, the AOA oscillated
    between 10° and 27°, the airspeed remained below the low-speed cue value, and the stick shaker
    remained active. The stick pusher activated when the airplane’s airspeed had decreased to about 100 knots and its AOA was about 18° (which was about 10° higher than the AOA at the time of stick shaker onset). FDR data showed that the control column moved forward temporarily after stick pusher activation and then moved aft. The stick pusher activated a second time when the AOA was about 21° and a third time when the AOA was about 22°, but the control column continued to remain aft of its neutral position. The NTSB is concerned that the captain pulled against the stick pusher three separate times during the stall event and that his control inputs fought the stall protection system’s attempts to decrease the AOA and reduce the severity of the situation." But why? The answer is in this film.

"Overriding the stick pusher required an 80-pound opposite breakout force and then 66 pounds of continued aft force. FDR and stall protection system data showed that the stick pusher activated a second time about 2216:40, and the CVR recorded the captain making a grunting sound about 2216:42 In addition, the captain had not yet called for the landing gear to be raised or for the flaps
    to be retracted. However, about 7 seconds after the stick shaker activated, the (GA trained) first officer raised the flaps (A Go Around in her mind) and "then" told the captain about the action she had just taken." Full power, flaps up. But why? The answer is in this film.

Some video footage for this film used in cooperation with and by written permission from youtube channel "Baron Pilot" See the full episodes on Kim's story and their channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqip_...

SUPPORT FOR THIS CHANNEL: Thanks for all your help! I do NOT monetize or place ads on my YouTube videos! If you are seeing ads as you play this video, it's not me, and I don't get any money. I also "don't" do:
    1) Sponsorships,
    2) Go Fund Me,
    3) Patreon, or
    4) any YouTube Advertising.

This COLGAN 3407 video was created from my own notes, study, and travel since 2013 - a total of 8.5 hours of video footage and more than 200 hours labor to assemble and edit into this short 36:30 film. If you are able to offer support we very much appreciate it. If not, that is OK too! I pay all my own expenses as I go. Help if you can! If you liked this video and my effort, please donate a very small amount ($1 or $2) direct to Dan for helping to travel make this aviation content possible, and for getting the DC-3 animal air lift mission flight ready. See the web site below for that. Please keep donations to my cause "small" and ONLY participate if this content helped you, your understanding of the risks of commercial air travel, or the aviation industry.

All electronic transactions are safe and secure via the four mobile banking applications listed below. All electronic donation support is received 100% in full, with no fee's or transaction percentages lost! Thank you! Dan Gryder

See Airlift web site at https://airborneanimalrescue.org/

Venmo @DanGryder
    PayPal Dan@DanGryder.com (or) https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/dangr...
    Zelle Dan@DanGryder.com
    CashAPP $DanGryder (or) $AirborneAnimalRescue”

Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 24th November 2022 at 06:00.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), mojo (27th December 2022), shaberon (24th November 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

You may be interested in reading "The Most Dangerous Superstition" by Larken Rose
    It explains in details what is authority and it is intimately related to Justice.

In part II he wrote about the concept of it and how flawed it is, that the underlying premises of ALL governments is utterly incompatible with logic and morality, so is Justice. It is purely like religious belief, nothing more nothing less.

I am quoting from the book :

"The belief in 'authority,' which includes all belief in 'government,' is irrational and self-contradictory; it is contrary to civilization and morality, and constitutes the most dangerous, destructive superstition that has ever existed. Rather than being a force for order and justice, the belief in “authority” is the arch-enemy of humanity."
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

All is one (24th November 2022), ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), Ioneo (13th August 2023), Johnnycomelately (24th November 2022), mojo (27th December 2022), shaberon (24th November 2022)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,527 times in 4,011 posts

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)
    Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    Here, I would call attention to Trespass, as used in the Lord's Prayer. Does anyone know what this is, or has it become empty words?

Your final question is the kind I am looking for, thank you. Would you please unpack that nugget? To me it means to respect personal boundaries, to not bind by way of having personal knowledge.

Close.

It defines Sovereignty.

In the general mechanical sense, "two sovereign bodies cannot occupy the same space". So, if your fist goes into the boundaries of my nose, you have Trespassed me.

Most people these days probably think of it in terms of "you stepped on my property", which is also correct. The deceit is the sign "Private Property -- No Trespassing", because you haven't got any Private Property. That would be a legal entity, and so for example if we check a box for "Residential Property", we have confessed to being a transient, a vagrant, and such a property is attached/taxed by a polity.

Trespass means an actual act. And we are typically taxed/punished for "potentially" Trespassing, such as the mandatory purchase of driver's insurance. I didn't run over anybody. I didn't cause any damage. But I have to pay because I "might".

So Trespass pretty much covers anything with a victim, like if I steal your bicycle. All that a court system can do is assign penalties in the event of Trespass. The courts or police have nothing to do with whether, for example, you take my life. How in the world could they guarantee me 100% protection at all times? That is ludicrous. If presented with evidence, they can prosecute. That's it.

There cannot be two Sovereigns in the same place, so, how, for example, can I have a sovereign United States in the same location as a sovereign state? Can't be done. The state is a sovereign, except where I have my private property. Which is exactly how everything was made. For instance, if we look at the Louisiana Purchase -- a Treaty -- all private properties remained intact when the kingdom of France relinquished its courts and so on. If you owned Baton Rouge, nothing affected you. At this point in time, obtaining anything private is rather near impossible.

These principles of law were crucial from pre-Biblical times, up until the beginning of the twentieth century, with various new laws -- which all use different terminology -- whitewashed everyone's comprehension.

So far, I am unaware of any Constitution other that the Constitution for the United States that even preserves sovereignty; in Canada, you are a subject of the British Crown; in Germany, of the European Central Bank. Here, we just consent to giving it away in exchange for statutory law, making the Americans about the same as anyone else.

In traditional monarchies, a "Good King" is defined by protecting people against "high renters and oppressive taxes", and when they take office, they administer a Jubilee, which is the erasure of personal debts (not business debts). Who in the world would even think that is good these days?

One could say, in the U. S., the Treasury has been Trespassed by the bank (but not, for example, in China). After a few generations of bending the old laws, then the Federal Reserve was easy, and moreover, the Secretary of the Treasury is an agent of the IMF, i. e. is a foreign agent.

According the the old laws, the Federal Government would have jurisdiction only on private properties they actually bought, mostly federal courts and military bases. Aside from that, there would be nothing they could do, would be about like a flea on an elephant.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

All is one (24th November 2022), ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), Johnnycomelately (24th November 2022), mojo (27th December 2022), palehorse (25th November 2022)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A scientist continues his quest for truth in mainstream science. Field is cosmology.

Battling fakeness in science is a steep uphill fight, because of the smarts of and the personal professional investment of the say-holders.

“Science changes when the old scientists die.” - Lord Kelvin, iirc.

Impossible Galaxies
    590 views Nov 24, 2022

LPPFusion
    11.6K subscribers

“In the fourth episode of LPPFusion video series, “JWST and the Big Bang Never Happened Debate”, LPPFusion Chief Scientist Eric J. Lerner shows how data from the ALMA telescope further contradicts the Big Bang, expanding universe model. Independent measures of the sizes of distant galaxies shows that the Big Bang formulae for sizes can't be right--they would lead to impossible galaxies that have smaller size than these independent measures permit. But the galaxies are real--it is the Big Bang hypothesis that is impossible.”

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), mojo (27th December 2022), shaberon (29th November 2022)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,296 times in 1,657 posts

Its work this way... "Argentina 1985" film

Based on real events, the story follows the events surrounding the 1985 Trial of the Juntas, which prosecuted the ringleaders of Argentina's last civil-military dictatorship (1976–1983), and centers on the titanic work of a group of lawyers led by prosecutors Julio César Strassera and Luis Moreno Ocampo against those responsible for the most bloody dictatorship in the history of Argentina. The narration reflects on the true meaning in the concepts of memory, truth and justice under the slogan "Nunca Más" ('Never Again').

It is the FIRST trial worldwide execute by civil justice against military and won.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina,_1985

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina,_1985

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina,_1985

free link: https://freemoviesfull.net/movie/argentina-1985-89455

( I used this link 3 years now without problems, when freezes, very rare occasion, just reload the page and /or change Server)

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), Johnnycomelately (25th November 2022), mojo (27th December 2022), shaberon (29th November 2022)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dan does justice for Richard Floyd McCoy, aka DB Cooper. A strong statement in favour of holding the FBI accountable to law.

Busy people please skip to ~1:00:00 of 1:10:25.

D.B. Cooper - Deep fbi Secrets. Part 2
    5,379 views Nov 28, 2022

94K subscribers

“CAUTION: GRAPHIC IMAGES AND STRONG LANGUAGE CONTENT.

This amateur film documentary is the culmination of almost 20 years of investigating the famous D.B Cooper hijack mystery. I produced Part 1, entitled "D.B. Cooper Deep family Secrets" for the 50th year anniversary of the start of this mystery. You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3DkE...

Of all the self-proclaimed "persons of interest" that truly wanted their relative to be D.B. Cooper and write a book, all of them were very accessible and willing to talk. Very early on I had made numerous attempts to contact the McCoy wife and children. They were not talking and would never return calls or emails. About two years ago, I found the obituary for both McCoy's wife and his mother. Both had died within a few months of each other. Would the kids be able to talk now? It was worth a shot. I placed a call to Chante McCoy and left a message, she called me back the next day and she confided that while they did not seek attention or a movie deal, they both knew that their dad had committed both hijackings with their mother as accomplice. It was a taboo subject in their family. Technically, Richard’s wife Karen could still be brought up on charges as an accomplice. That phone call started the friendship with both kids, and our equal desire to explain who their dad was, and why he did what he did. While the kids were too young to remember these events, each felt a need to clear the record and apologize to America for this 50-year mystery. Being able to talk about it and tell this story became therapy for both. Both kids had lived their lives with this deep family secret.

In summary, Richard Floyd McCoy was a decorated Vietnam vet that returned to America and was dis respected and told that he could expect no career in law enforcement. He planned and completed the first hijacking (Northwest 305) on November 24, 1971, but in the process, was unable to retain his grip on the money bag in the jump that night. Richard was a college student at BYU that year. Since he completed the D.B. Cooper jump on his thanksgiving school break, he planned the next one (United 855, April 7, 1972) for his college spring break. One of the main nuggets in Part 1, was where I obtained first person recording of Denise Burns (McCoys sister-in-law) explaining off the record that she was the babysitter for both kids for thanksgiving of 1971, and that both Richard and Karen were away for these days. Previously she had provided alibi for Richard to FBI that the entire family was at home for thanksgiving of 1971.

In this part 2, I began to look at why the FBI has never solved this, and why the FBI could seem to want to keep the mystery alive. In my recorded calls with FBI's main players Larry Carr and Ralph Himmelsbach, each were adamant that D.B. Cooper was "NOT" McCoy. "Anybody" but McCoy was their stance. The details of the killing of Richard McCoy were surrounded in nonstandard and conflicting documentation. For years I had tried to speak with Nick Ohara, the FBI person who killed Richard that night. In this film, part 2, I finally got my lucky break. I found the actual D.B. Cooper parachute, and I got my two conversations in with Nick Ohara. FBI explained why the deep FBI secret, and they did it on digital recording devices.“

Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 29th November 2022 at 05:02.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), mojo (27th December 2022), shaberon (29th November 2022)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Michelle Rempel Garner speaks up in the Canadian Parliament.

So far, I like this politician. She’s local to me, by about 3 hours drive. Federal representative for the Calgary riding of Nose Hill. Here she talks about national debt, and at ~7:00+ takes aim at downsides of the planned/coming AI.

Get ready to be shocked: Trudeau doesn't want you to know about these big threats to you
    17,818 views Dec 5, 2022

Michelle Rempel Garner
    50.6K subscribers

“Get ready to be shocked: Trudeau doesn't want you to know about these big threats to you because he's making them worse 🤯🤯🤯”

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), mojo (27th December 2022)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Poetic Justice for “zero emissions”?

Quote New York Post: “High utility charges could derail MTA’s $1.1B electric bus transition”

By David MeyerDecember 25, 2022 | 7:02pm

The MTA’s $1.1 billion plans to buy 500 new electric buses could be derailed unless New York state’s utility regulator cuts the authority slack on its electric bill, transit officials warned.

Gov. Kathy Hochul and her appointed MTA leadership have touted ambitious plans to convert the entire fleet of 5,800 to electric power, beginning with the new purchase. But powering just the existing 15 electric buses currently costs two to three times diesel or natural gas, officials wrote in Dec. 6. comments submitted to the state Public Service Commission (PSC).

State law signed by Hochul last year required the PSC to reduce the impact of peak “demand charges” on large-scale electric vehicle (EV) charging operators like the MTA. The commission has until Dec. 31 to come to a decision on how big of a discount to give.

But the leading “solution” on the table “would result in far higher cost to operate an electrified fleet when compared to the MTA’s current predominantly diesel and gas vehicles,” the authority warned.

“Such a major cost escalation will undoubtedly harm the MTA’s ability to provide services… possibly resulting in cutbacks, increased customer fares, and deferrals of other customer service-oriented initiatives,” the comment said.

Other states give massive short-term rate discounts to EV chargers to help build demand. California, for instance, gave commercial EV chargers a 100% discount on demand charges for five years, the MTA wrote.

New York’s proposal, in contrast, would only provide a discount 12% of the time and at significantly lower rates, transit officials said. To achieve those discounts, the MTA would be forced to pay a hefty price to develop “sophisticated energy management capability,” it said.

“This adjustment would do very little to defray the sharp escalation in operating costs it would face [of] running an electric bus fleet in New York City,” officials wrote.

“The incentives the proposed solution offers are wholly inadequate in reducing these existing cost barrier that constrain the MTA’s ability to convert its fleet, and do not even partially meet the MTA’s needs.”

The MTA plans to spend $1.1 billion on 500 new electric buses.

A spokesman for the transportation authority declined further comment.

Electric vehicle industry advocates have argued that demand charges pose a substantial deterrent to widespread adoption. The charges are based on the peak amount of electricity used — no matter how long that peak was achieved.

“Someone might come along once or twice a day to use them, but somebody’s not always plugged into them,” said an individual knowledgeable of the PSC’s ongoing deliberation.

“We want to get to those traditional demand based rates, but when only 1% of the cars on the road are EVs, we just don’t have the charging base from a customer perspective that we need to get those usage numbers up.”

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023), mojo (27th December 2022)

35. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Florida Couple Calls 911 for Help Stealing Things from Home

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Dense. Lots of judicial system here. Law and facts, jury or the judge, who’s job is what?

Judge Acts as '13th Juror' And Overturns Jury Conviction

Steve Lehto
    356K subscribers

64,152 views Jan 8, 2023
    “The man will get a new trial despite the unanimous jury verdict.”
    https://www.lehtoslaw.com

Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 9th January 2023 at 11:40. Reason: Clean up

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th January 2023)

39. Link to Post #20
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,744 times in 20,828 posts

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)
    Here is Sonja from Montreal, talking, working through issues that I see as involving justice.

She references society and social/propaganda pressures, talks about the value of community.

I am only to ~36:00 here. I quite liked her recent vid about hormone replacement therapy, and the spoof one Diary of a Mail-Order Bride: Croatia

First couple min - directions
    ~3:00+ - social environment, internet ‘traps’
    4:35+ - PsyOps on the internet
    ~20:00+ - different phase now, carbon tax time?. Pandemic made us more compliant.

God Takes You In Different Directions

thetruthergirls
    106K subscribers

• I re-uploaded this video 13 years ago to one of my sub-category "truther" channels:

You got to love her way of sharing insights/ideas to the world!
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

40. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (9th January 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast