Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Justice (🎶 How does it work?).

1. Link to Post #21
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,590 times in 983 posts

Default Re: Justice (🎶 How does it work?).

“Eternal vigilance is the price of safety” - my dad. Same might be said about justice.

Did an airline lose your bags? Don't get mad. Get even.

OldFliersGroup
    9.56K subscribers

40 views Jan 10, 2023
    “Airlines and airports have struggled to find and train staff post-Covid. Service standards not what they used to be. So many stories about bags not making it to correct destination. Everyone carries a camera (their phone) and video of bag abuse makes the nightly news. Some passengers have taken to social media to vent their rage.”

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023), Casey Claar (12th January 2023), Ioneo (13th August 2023)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Seems big:

The Ericsson Report: Michael Khoury

The Professor's Record - David K. Clements
    15.8K subscribers

63 views Jan 12, 2023
    “You can find Michael's "Ericsson Report" and his social media as follows:
    Link to Report:
    https://plvsvltra.org/#ericsson-repor...

Telegram Channel:
    https://t.me/PLVSVLTRAINTEL

PLVS VLTRA Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/PLVSVLTRAINTEL

Link to Truth Social:
    https://truthsocial.com/users/Michael...

Link to personal Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Vltra_MK

Link to Twitter thread 1:
    https://twitter.com/Vltra_MK/status/1...

Link to Twitter thread 2 :
    https://twitter.com/Vltra_MK/status/1... (smoking gun)

You can find me at TheProfessorsRecord.com

Truth Social:

https://truthsocial.com/@professordav...

Official telegram channel:

Main: t.me/theprofessorsrecord

Chat: t.me/theprofessorsrecordchat

Official Rumble Channel:

The Professor's Record with David K. Clements

https://rumble.com/c/c-632283

Twitter: @theprofsrecord”

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023), edina (22nd July 2023)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Some guy on about Whitney Webb. Seems to be earnest about it. Thoughts?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Bureaucratic overreach of the (US) ATF, which oversees firearms, has convicted a man for presenting advertisements on his YouTube channel. Facing 40 years, and the ‘offences’ happened between the time he received approval for this, and the time beginning when the ATF first gave notice that the device he advertised was no longer legal (story/reality is a bit convoluted) to have possession of.

Imagine the misuse of this, if it becomes precedent in the appeals courts finale.

I follow notifications for several “guntubers” beyond this chan, and several have spoken about this story. What seems odd is that they are the only ones speaking up about it. IMO, the issue should concern everybody.

And that goes both ways, like ~“planetuber” Trent Palmer’s battle with the FAA over something that complied with their (still) published advisements. My take: lots more citizen-power could be directed, if folks cared for their ‘next’ impersonally, outside of their own practice and interests.

Happy justice, everybody, and best wishes. Speaking out, like vid man is doing here, helps — I think.

Matt Hoover Convicted Of Multiple Felonies For Saying Words: A Dangerous Precedence

Mrgunsngear Channel
    791K subscribers

32,931 views Premiered 4 hours ago
    “We discuss the case of Matt Hoover (CRS Firearms Youtube channel) & Justin Erving being convicted in the autokeycard case, what it means for them, their families, and for all American citizens' civil rights.”

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th April 2023)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A sad story of triumph: the advocacy of wives of Vietnam POW and MIA American men.

Why Did POTUS Try to Lie to These POW Wives?

Ward Carroll
    388K subscribers

10,545 views May 5, 2023
    “ From 1965 until 1972 the wives of military aviators held captive in Hanoi waged a two-front battle against both the North Vietnamese and United States governments to get information on the status of their husband. The effort grew into a worldwide campaign that still exists today”

10. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A Father’s Day message that sounds like it belongs on this thread. From a nearby politician here in Alberta:

“Twitter is a cesspool on most days, and unfortunately, Father's Day is no exception to that rule. If one scrolls through responses to seemingly innocuous tweets about dads today (don't do it), some of Western culture’s thornier issues are on full display for all to see.

Those tweets do raise questions, though. For example, what does masculinity mean in a world where gender identity is now a radioactive political issue? Why does the incel movement exist, and how can we counter it? How do we achieve gender equality, equitably? Why do men comprise 75% of the suicides in Canada?

When confronted with the profoundly powerful emotions issues like these can bring forth, it’s sometimes useful to reflect on personal experiences. So on Father's Day, allow me to share with you some of mine.

When I think back to the first few dates I had with my husband, his inclination to talk about his three teenage children at every given opportunity was - at first - disquieting. I soon realized that Jeff was verbalizing what being a father now meant to him in light of the past and what he wanted the future to look like - particularly with the prospect of a new spouse on the horizon. Jeff's openness about his children confronted me with a choice. Would I be with him as a partner, as he chose to be a father?

Years after making an affirmative decision to that question, I understand why this was so important to him.

Jeff, now 45, was first married at age twenty. His first daughter, and American military deployments followed shortly after that. And so his youth was filled with the responsibility of sorting out who he was as an adult while figuring out how to provide for his family as a serviceman in the middle of a war. His first marriage failed a few years after the birth of his third child. Then in his early thirties, Jeff found himself living in the aftermath a second failed marriage, another looming military assignment, and questions about how he would provide for his children.

Jeff felt that his primary responsibility at that juncture was to ensure his children were financially provided for. As he tells it, this meant staying in the army and seeing the children sporadically between deployments and leave weeks. But Jeff also knew sacrificing time with his children had a different cost. So did finding joy, purpose, fun, and meaning as a still-young man. He found himself constantly questioning the order of these priorities as social mores of fatherhood and masculinity changed around him.

So many men still struggle with finding balance in these challenges today.

Today, Jeff will admit to both successes and failures as a father during that time. To me, he'll express pride that he could financially provide for the kids, a role traditionally ascribed to male gender roles. But when the topic of the seven years he largely spent away from his kids, in unstable relationships during their formative years comes up, he tends to go quiet, his posture rigid, with his gaze firmly set off in the horizon.

Jeff is far from the only man to confront choices like this.

In those moments, my husband usually brings himself back into the present. He will take responsibility for his own decisions. He'll express gratitude for the stability he's been able to build for his family - that now includes a blonde Canadian politician - and talk positively about the future. In that, Jeff's capacity for introspection, openness to change, and acceptance of responsibility paired with action have come to define my sense of modern masculinity and redefine my understanding of what fatherhood means.

That's not to say that Jeff doesn't experience the privileges and stereotypes of somebody who embodies the traditional archetype of Western masculinity. My husband wouldn't satisfy some people's notion of perfection, and he's not the type who would want to try. But yet, he is very much a deeply emotionally intelligent, complex human being who admits to his mistakes, owns them, gets up and brushes himself off, and does better the next time, every time.

There's no doubt that there needs to be more work done to bring forth gender equality from systems of power that still rely upon the subservience of women. Every person in our country has a role to play in making - and securing - that change. At the same time, there's no reason why there can't be space, encouragement, and celebration of men who legitimately strive to live with honour in all those multiple worlds of expectation today's society sets out for them.

And so we have Father's Day.

So today, I celebrate my husband, my stepchildren's father, and express gratitude for the positive definition of fatherhood and masculinity he is carving out of his love for his family and his respect for himself.

May our commentary and policy on gender roles include him, and countless others like him, in a place of respect too.

Happy Father's Day, Jeffrey - the kids and I love you, and respect you, very much.”

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Sue (Ayt) (19th June 2023)

12. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Institute for Justice is contesting civil asset forfeiture in the whole US of A. Y’all should hope SCOTUS stands for justice, by and by, because this WILL be appealed. Either way. Too much money at stake.

Feds Spend Billions to Fund Civil Asset Forfeiture Seizures

Steve Lehto
    424K subscribers

70,627 views Aug 12, 2023
    “The Institute for Justice did the math and it's not pretty.”

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Miller (13th August 2023)

14. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here’s another way Justice works. A medically sidelined airline pilot takes a stand for common standards of scrutiny, in context of current fails by both pilots and ATC (air traffic control): Laura Savino.

AIRLINE INDUSTRY - THE DEEP DIVE

Jet Boss: Laura Savino
    2.47K subscribers

3.5K views 8 hours ago
    “A Boeing 777 takes a deep dive for the ocean. What is happening in the Airline Industry? What is the missing link in the chain?”

15. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Am shamelessly bumping my thread, because I think the idea is worthy and important.

Good example of how justice works, appended. Thank you!, 6ideon (benign dyslexia ~;D).

Quote Posted by 9ideon (here)
    Dunno if this has been mentioned before on this Thread, but in simple terms, those newspapers are in violation of the 2018 Data Protection Act and Brand could very well be sewing the crap out of all those media outlets, if he has some intelligent lawyer that is.

I highlighted the relative points in red. Obviously I left out Political Opinion etc due to the fact this has not been directly addressed and therefore holds no legal value.

Quote The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Everyone responsible for using personal data has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’. They must make sure the information is:

* used fairly, lawfully and transparently
    * used for specified, explicit purposes
    * used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
    * accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
    * kept for no longer than is necessary
    * handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage

There is stronger legal protection for more sensitive information, such as:

* race
    * ethnic background
    * political opinions
    * religious beliefs
    * trade union membership
    * genetics
    * biometrics (where used for identification)
    * health
    * sex life or orientation

There are separate safeguards for personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences.

Source
    Quote Your rights

Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to find out what information the government and other organisations store about you. These include the right to:

* be informed about how your data is being used
    * access personal data
    * have incorrect data updated
    * have data erased
    * stop or restrict the processing of your data
    * data portability (allowing you to get and reuse your data for different services)
    * object to how your data is processed in certain circumstances

Source
    What these fake news outlets should have done is take it to the Police instead of smearing it all over their newspapers (Tabloids). I mean one can't even report on the injury of a Football player anymore due to privacy laws.

Anyone who wants to make a complaint on behalf of Brand can do this here, it be epic would they get 100's of complaints.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2