+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Psychopathy and Leadership

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Default Psychopathy and Leadership

This video is a scinating story of Alamo Christian Ministries and its founding couple, a match made in hell. It's an education in psychopathy and leadership. I suspect many religions were founded by such personalities. You could probably say the same about some larger-than-life business and political characters. These are the true movers and shakers of history. Like Hitler, they are typically losers before they start their leadership careers. They are not normal people. It would not occur to them to make an honest living. or not take advantage of otherrs to get by.

It makes sense why psychic Sloan Bella says the world is run by psychopaths, which she learned living on the street in Toronto as a child.

Here's Part Two of the above video

Last edited by TomKat; 14th November 2022 at 18:24.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

7alon (15th November 2022), arwen (14th January 2023), Bill Ryan (14th November 2022), Ewan (15th January 2023), Flash (19th January 2023), Franny (18th January 2023), Gwin Ru (17th January 2023), Harmony (16th November 2022), haroldsails (14th November 2022), Ioneo (14th November 2022), Matthew (14th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023), Vangelo (15th November 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Psychopathy and Leadership

These are stories about f the leader of the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige. A more obvious psychopath could not exist. Warning,, watching it may shake your sense of what is real or what planet you are on. After the founder of Scientology died in 1986 Miscavige declared himself the new leader, and surrounded by henchmen, beat up anyone who disagreed. Scientologists, who worship wealth and power more than anything, follow him to this day.

Watching the video gave me a little PTSD. A couple of the things that Miscavige did that got to me: :Every day he spent $1 per employee for their lunch, and $400 for his own lunch. After he managed to finagle a meeting with President Clinton at a Hollywood celebrity party an employee asked him, "so you met the president?" Miscavige said, "no, the president met ME!" It's a level of narcissism that almost hurts to beehold, especially when you consider that thousands of people blindly follow him, including people I used to know Psychopaths are born, whereas Sociopaths are made. Growing up, his family used to call him little Hitler. It's as if his entire life has been dedicated to making the world aworse place, his presence alone, bruising to normal people.I find it interesting astrologically that he is an April Taurus, like Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler, Queen Elizabeth II and cult leader Susan Alamo.
    Last edited by TomKat; 15th January 2023 at 23:28.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

arwen (14th January 2023), Bill Ryan (14th January 2023), Ewan (15th January 2023), Flash (19th January 2023), Franny (18th January 2023), Gwin Ru (17th January 2023), Harmony (14th January 2023), Matthew (14th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    South Africa Avalon Member arwen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,480 times in 652 posts

This definitely belongs on this thread:

The Book: SNAKES IN SUITS: Understanding and Surviving the Psychopaths In Your Office

Snakes in Suits Wikipedia entry

Quote The authors describe a "five phase model" of how a typical workplace psychopath climbs to and maintains power: entry, assessment, manipulation, confrontation, and ascension.
    It is a really useful framework for understanding the tactics of psychopaths and how they rise to take control - applicable to religious cults as revealed in the two videos above, but also the regular corporate world, government bodies, even families, etc etc.
    Last edited by arwen; 14th January 2023 at 15:02.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to arwen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th January 2023), Ewan (15th January 2023), Flash (19th January 2023), Franny (18th January 2023), Gwin Ru (17th January 2023), Harmony (14th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023), TomKat (14th January 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,558 times in 32,726 posts

I posted this here on the Incompetence or malice? thread two months ago:

~~~

I'm listening to a very interesting conversation between UFO researcher (and historian) Richard Dolan and Jack Roth, who's just written a book called Killing Kennedy. The video was published 5 days ago.

At 29:45, in a fascinating 3 minute section, Jack Roth talks about the psychology of a number of totally corrupt people who clearly were involved back then at a high level. And then they make passing mention of some other figures in history. The common factors, Roth says he has learned, are that they are
    • Sociopathic
    • Elitist
    • Bipolar (in some cases, but many more than most people may suspect)
    • Narcissistic.
    And, Roth points out (correctly!), "we live in a society that rewards people who are sociopaths and egomaniacs".

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

arwen (15th January 2023), Dubsy (16th January 2023), Ewan (15th January 2023), Flash (19th January 2023), Franny (18th January 2023), Gwin Ru (17th January 2023), Harmony (14th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Kryztian (18th January 2023), Miller (17th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023), Yoda (15th January 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,389 times in 4,323 posts

... I knew I'd seen it somewhere: Political Ponerology along with the Twilight Of The Psychopaths

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

arwen (19th January 2023), Bill Ryan (17th January 2023), Flash (19th January 2023), Franny (18th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

I am not attempting to condone psychopathy but it was a necessary component of mankind from the beginning. It was beneficial to have a few people that could complete some of the difficult and horrific jobs without ever flinching or without experiencing emotional damage. In the beginning, it was a matter of survival, and having a few psychopaths in your tribe was actually a very good thing.

It is a matter of debate whether or not altruism is learned or born with behavior. I suspect it is a learned behavior. As mankind evolves, psychopathy will inevitably be bred out of our DNA and the world will move in an altruistic direction. As we move through the transitional stage psychopaths will appear to be malevolent creatures and a totally unnecessary type of life form, but it was not always so.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

arwen (19th January 2023), Bill Ryan (18th January 2023), Flash (19th January 2023), Isserley (20th January 2023), Sue (Ayt) (18th January 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    I am not attempting to condone psychopathy but it was a necessary component of mankind from the beginning. It was beneficial to have a few people that could complete some of the difficult and horrific jobs without ever flinching or without experiencing emotional damage. In the beginning, it was a matter of survival, and having a few psychopaths in your tribe was actually a very good thing.

It is a matter of debate whether or not altruism is learned or born with behavior. I suspect it is a learned behavior. As mankind evolves, psychopathy will inevitably be bred out of our DNA and the world will move in an altruistic direction. As we move through the transitional stage psychopaths will appear to be malevolent creatures and a totally unnecessary type of life form, but it was not always so.
    I have read things similar elsewhere but… it is not what science shows. Check the Dr. Sapolsky’s studies on monkey’s tribes in Indonesia in the 1980’s. Acidentally, the psychopath monkeys who were beating others, taking all the food, provoking fights, died, having eaten ALL the rotten food put in a hotel garbage bin. Dr. Sapolsky was already studying the daily happenings of that monkey group testing their stress hormones, their feeding habits, their fights and their stealing, all stress producing behavior in the group, etc. Once the bullies died, the whole tribe stress hormones decreased permanently, the members were all well nourished, no more malnutrition and from 40 hours s week of food foraging, the work week was reduced to 25 hours with better productivity than before. And the new social structure of the group was trans generational - if some bullies came from other groups they were rapidly either shown the door or had to change behavior.

Check also the research of Dr. Fallon - I think he is either at Harvard or MIT, who found a specific genetic mutation in the brain of psychopaths, a mutation pretty much spread (although a small percentage) equally throughout the planet. Psychopaths think differently, act differently and, if average or more intelligent, dominate society. They have a huge tendency to climb up hierarchical ladders because they do not care about others at all. (think Staline, the actual China president whose schooling is grade 6, etc.). They are a developmental nuisance for the human race.

Third, another history of longitudinal research has shown that collective-individual actions toward the welfare of others is a guarantee of collective survival in humans, not the reverse.

Learning through pain caused by psychopaths and having generations of trauma that changes our brain's synaptic connections and decrease our abilities has to stop. Time to learn through pleasure, love, and curiosity for our potential wonderful world.
    Last edited by Flash; 20th January 2023 at 03:06. Reason: evident typed from a phone
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Delight (19th January 2023), Isserley (20th January 2023), Michel Leclerc (17th February 2023), rgray222 (20th January 2023), Wind (20th January 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

There's something called malignant narcism which ties in with sociopathy:

+ Reply to Thread