+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DMSO for Eyes: Glaucoma, Cataracts, Strain, Vision, Retinitis and the Organ Responsible for Eye Care

1. Link to Post #21
    India Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: DMSO for Eyes: Glaucoma, Cataracts, Strain, Vision, Retinitis and the Organ Responsible for Eye Care

Thanks again Running Deer for taking the trouble to send photos of the book pages. I better understand now how to use the DMSO. About the stinging, I'd say I'm quite accustomed to that as the ayurvedic drops I use sting quite fiercely.
    Ayurveda has been my preferred choice of medicinal tradition for the few ailments I had. But I find that for eye health, its practitioners (or I should say those I have found to consult with) have fallen short somewhat of my expectations. It could also be that opthalmic ayurveda is relatively a less active subject compared with, say, renal matters, respiratory ailments, diabetes and other conditions that affect the majority of our population.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rahul For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th November 2022), Franny (18th November 2022), Harmony (18th November 2022), Pam (18th November 2022), RunningDeer (18th November 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,194 times in 437 posts

Default Re: DMSO for Eyes: Glaucoma, Cataracts, Strain, Vision, Retinitis and the Organ Responsible for Eye Care

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Dear Friends — anyone who may know more about DMSO than I do, which may be a lot of people!

I asked the vet about DMSO for Mara's critical new eye problem. He's a truly good man, and he looked it up it on the net — but probably in Spanish. He said that from what he could see, it was NOT recommended for dogs' eye issues.

But he asked me to please send him anything I knew of that seemed to counter that. For anyone reading this who knows where to look, could you possibly check out dogs+DMSO+glaucoma?

I'll do some digging myself, of course, but maybe some readers are way ahead of me with all this before I even start.

I found this on Pub Med. They used large amounts of DMSO over an extended period of time. At this level it is not recommended for dogs as it makes lens changes.

Dimethyl sulphoxide (DMSO) was tested for oral toxicity in rats and dogs, and dermal toxicity in rabbits and pigs. Oral administration was by gastric intubation as a 50% equeous solution, 5 days/week at levels equivalent to 9.0, 3.0 or 1.0 ml undiluted DMSO/hg/day. For dermal application 50% and 90% equeous solutions were used to give levels equivalent to 8.1, 4.5, 2.7 or 1.5 ml DMSO/hg/day, as one daily application for rabbits, and divided into two applications/day for pigs. Dogs were dosed for approximately 2 years and pigs for 1 year, although half the animals of both species were dosed for only 18 weeks. Rats were dosed for 18 months, but some were used for interim sacrifice after a year. Rabbits received applications to normal and abraded skin for 6 months. Minor changes in bodyweight and haematological values were observed, together with a physiological diuretic response to DMSO, but the target organ was the eye, principally the lenticular nucleus. Ocular effects in dogs started after 5-10 weeks dosing at 9 ml/kg and consisted of central (nuclear) lens changes with alteration of the refractive index (myopia); transitory equatorial opacities during the 5th month; central (nuclear) opalescence; and changes in the vitreous humour. Similar changes occurred more slowly at 3 ml/kg, the alterations to the vitreous being first observed after 9-10 months at this level. Progressive nuclear refractive changes occurred after dosing for considerably longer than 6 months at 1ml/kg, but none of the animals in this group manifested the opalescence. Biochemical investigation of the lenses revealed reduction of soluble protein (mainly alpha-crystallin), glutathione and water levels, and an increase of insoluble protein. Evidence of recovery was limited mainly to a reduction in the number of dioptres needed to correct nuclear refractive change. Cessation of dosing led to regression of refractive nuclear changes but did not prevent the appearance of opalescence at 3 ml/kg and above. Dogs were the most severely affected of the 4 species, with nuclear effects at 1ml/kg, extensive changes in the lens, and involvement of the vitreous. Pigs and rabbits were affected by dose levels of 2.7 ml/kg and 1.5 ml/kg respectively. Rats occasionally showed minimal changes at 9 ml/kg. The importance of the findings in dogs is discussed in relation to general toxicological protocols. It is emphasised that reversibility of signs, and adequate duration of administration, must both be considered when ascertaining whether changes occur at levels approximating to those of human intake.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1124535/

I found this video so am adding to the post. Start at around 28 mins. Amandha Vollmer talks about the above experiment I found on pub med. She explains what really happened to the animals after and how some improved. She states that huge amounts of DMSO,that would not normally be used, were injected into the animals.
    Last edited by Trisher; 18th November 2022 at 11:48.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th November 2022), Harmony (18th November 2022), Pam (18th November 2022), RunningDeer (18th November 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,686 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by Trisher (here)
    I found this when looking for DMSO info. It could be useful.

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.co...ucoma-in-dogs/

Homeopathy For Glaucoma In Dogs
    There are many homeopathic remedies that can also help with your dog’s glaucoma.

Aconitum Napellus 30c – Give during the early stages to help relieve any distress.
    Apis Mellificum 6c – Give this remedy to reduce the swelling.
    Colocynthis 6c – Give this remedy to relieve any pain.
    Phosphorus 200c – Give this remedy if the eyes are cloudy, vision seems blurry and eyes are tired.
    Belladonna 200c – Give this remedy if there’s a sudden increase in dimness of vision, eyes appear red or if there’s pain in the eyes and head. Nausea and vomiting may also be present.
    How To Give Remedies To Dogs With Glaucoma
    Put 3 pellets in a small, clean glass dropper bottle with spring or filtered water (don’t touch the pellets). Shake it well or slap it against the palm of your hand 15-20 times.

Use a dropper to place some of the remedy on your dog’s gums. Try not to let the dropper touch his mouth. If it does, sterilize it before putting it back in the bottle so you don’t contaminate your liquid.

Homeopathy doesn’t work by bodyweight – the actual amount isn’t important. As long as some of the remedy gets into your dog’s mouth, he’s good. Prepared homeopathic remedies will keep on your counter or in your cabinet for two or three days.
    Excellent information, Trisher. I think homeopathy is going to be making a big comeback as many have come to realize the vast limitations and corruption of the allopathic system.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th November 2022), Harmony (18th November 2022), RunningDeer (18th November 2022), Trisher (18th November 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2