+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What price would you pay for all knowledge?

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 times in 685 posts

Default What price would you pay for all knowledge?

what price would you pay for all knowledge of thepast, the present and the future ?

Odin knew !

As Odin sat on his high seat pondering the cosmos he was disturbed by certain whisperings among the branches of the great world tree Yggdrasil, the mighty tree that holds all the nine worlds in its high branches, from Asgard which is the kingdom of Odin and the Aesir, all the way down to Helheim, Hel's cold hall under the roots.

As Odin sat on his high seat pondering the cosmos he was disturbed by certain whisperings among the branches of the great world tree Yggdrasil, the mighty tree that holds all the nine worlds in its high branches, from Asgard which is the kingdom of Odin and the Aesir, all the way down to Helheim, Hel's cold hall under the roots.

Allfather finally reached the roots in Jotunheim, the giant's realm, and there among the roots dwelt Mimir by his magical well.

Mimir heard Odin's approach, 'Who approaches my abode!'

'It is I, Odin, chief of the Gods! I have come partake of your well of wisdom and knowledge', Odin said, suddenly revealing himself and calling out in a booming voice.

Mimir stood there by the well, an ancient being with flowing white hair. "Odin, whose gallows are Yggdrasil, you must know that there is a deep price to be asked for a draught from my well."

Odin approached the edge of the well and stared into its dark, rippling water. 'Name your price and I will pay it', he said somberly.

'The price is one of your eyes Allfather. You must pluck out and drop it into the well so that all that stare into its waters will see the sacrifice of Odin', Mimir replied.

Odin took a deep breath and reached to his face, and with a grunt plucked out his right eye. In great pain he dropped his eye into the well of Mimir. There was then a shift in the breeze that seemed it to speak Odin's name and Yggdrasil's leaves rustled way up high.

Mimir took his horn Gjallarhorn and dipped it deep into the magical well and handed it to Odin, the now 'one eyed' god, and Odin drank deeply finishing it all in one draught.

That day Odin saw the future more than any god had ever seen before. Things that could be changed and those that could not. With only one eye he now saw better than he had ever before with two eyes. The insight he gained was far beyond description and he had more to ponder than he ever imagined.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Ben (19th November 2022), Bill Ryan (18th November 2022), Casey Claar (18th November 2022), DeDukshyn (19th November 2022), Eric J (Viking) (20th November 2022), Gemma13 (19th November 2022), Harmony (19th November 2022), Hym (19th November 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (19th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (19th November 2022), Lunesoleil (19th November 2022), Mashika (19th November 2022), Matthew (18th November 2022), Merkaba360 (19th November 2022), Pam (19th November 2022), Reinhard (18th November 2022), Spiral (18th November 2022), wondering (18th November 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: What price would you pay for all knowledge?

Quote Posted by kfm27917 (here)
    The insight he gained was far beyond description and he had more to ponder than he ever imagined.
    Yes, but then what.

Life is basically a game. A serious and highly complex game, with a near-infinite number of variables, but still a game like any other.

In 'playing' any game, it's important NOT to know everything. Or else any purpose connected with it is lost. And also all growth, learning and satisfaction.

A simple example. Supposing you could know, in advance, every unchanging tiny detail of every minute of every hour of every day of the rest of your life?

There'd be no point in living it out. No challenge, no adventure, no joys, no surprises, no nothing. Just boring dullness, like watching a movie again and again that you already know everything about.

4. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (20th November 2022), Alan (18th November 2022), Anu Raman (19th November 2022), Ben (19th November 2022), bobme (19th November 2022), Casey Claar (18th November 2022), DeDukshyn (19th November 2022), Eric J (Viking) (20th November 2022), Gemma13 (19th November 2022), happyuk (18th November 2022), Harmony (19th November 2022), Heart to heart (19th November 2022), Ioneo (18th November 2022), Isserley (18th November 2022), jimbobule (18th November 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (19th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (19th November 2022), Kalamos (19th November 2022), kfm27917 (18th November 2022), kudzy (19th November 2022), Mari (18th November 2022), Mashika (19th November 2022), Merkaba360 (19th November 2022), Michi (20th November 2022), mizo (18th November 2022), NancyV (18th November 2022), nzn (19th November 2022), Orph (18th November 2022), Pam (19th November 2022), Reinhard (18th November 2022), Sadieblue (19th November 2022), Vicus (18th November 2022), wondering (18th November 2022), Yoda (18th November 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,294 times in 673 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    The insight he gained was far beyond description and he had more to ponder than he ever imagined.
    Yes, but then what.

Life is basically a game. A serious and highly complex game, with a near-infinite number of variables, but still a game like any other.

In 'playing' any game, it's important NOT to know everything. Or else any purpose connected with it is lost. And also all growth, learning and satisfaction.

A simple example. Supposing you could know, in advance, every unchanging tiny detail of every minute of every hour of every day of the rest of your life?

There'd be no point in living it out. No challenge, no adventure, no joys, no surprises, no nothing. Just boring dullness, like watching a movie again and again that you already know everything about.

Groundhog Day, Bill

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Ben (19th November 2022), Bill Ryan (18th November 2022), Gemma13 (19th November 2022), Harmony (19th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (19th November 2022), kfm27917 (18th November 2022), Mashika (19th November 2022), Merkaba360 (19th November 2022), Michi (20th November 2022), Pam (19th November 2022), Sadieblue (19th November 2022), Vicus (18th November 2022), wondering (18th November 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

I agree with Bill's post.

One of the first few times I travelled out of body to other dimensions (which is over 500 times) I found myself in a place with the Akashic Records. They were glowing and slightly vibrating and I immediately knew they contained all of the past, present and future knowledge about earth and that I could access it. I thought " I am not at all interested in anything to do with the earth".

Immediately I was then "taken" to what seemed to be a lower astral plane. I truly was not interested in earth history as I only cared about finding/experiencing God. It took me a couple of months (earth months and maybe 25 more out of body trips) to gain access to the other dimensions and merge with "God/Source". I'm glad I didn't get too hung up along the way worrying about things that didn't interest me. I do not find "knowledge" to be even close to as desirable as "Love/God".
    Alpha Mike Foxtrot

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Ben (19th November 2022), Bill Ryan (18th November 2022), Gemma13 (19th November 2022), Harmony (19th November 2022), Heart to heart (19th November 2022), Ioneo (18th November 2022), Johan (Keyholder) (19th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (19th November 2022), Loorus (18th September 2023), Mashika (19th November 2022), meeradas (19th November 2022), Merkaba360 (19th November 2022), Pam (19th November 2022), Sadieblue (19th November 2022), wegge (19th November 2022), wondering (18th November 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,124 times in 332 posts

Yes, but then what.

Also it's important NOT to go nuts after knowing a few things that nobody should. (Like me...)

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anu Raman For This Post:

Agape (20th November 2022), Ben (19th November 2022), Gemma13 (19th November 2022), Harmony (19th November 2022), Johnnycomelately (19th November 2022), Mashika (19th November 2022), Merkaba360 (19th November 2022), Pam (19th November 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Imagine the pain of that, the loneliness and suffering, a hell created by your own will

- Welcome sr! Here's your all knowledge room, tomorrow you will drink coffee, it will be a bit heavy and then your eggs will be a bit over cooked
    - Oh ok, no problem i'll deal

** sometime later after you gain all knowledge **
    - Welcome s.
    - Oh shut tfup, i know! Just get it done already ffs

** Even more sometime later **
    - We.. sr? where are you sr?
    - ...... ~~~I don't want to talk or interact with anyone ever again....~~~

And you know when you are going to die, very exactly

Then all your future mistakes too, and the pain that goes with it

And all the happy moments and the pain that goes with letting them go even before they happen because you know when every single one of them will end

"It's a trap!"

~~

Knowing it all: a gazillion dollars (and your soul)
    Not knowing it all: priceless

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Anu Raman (here)
    Yes, but then what.

Also it's important NOT to go nuts after knowing a few things that nobody should. (Like me...)
    If you know things then you know things..
    Last edited by Mashika; 19th November 2022 at 08:59.
    Tired

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Agape (20th November 2022), Bill Ryan (19th November 2022), Gemma13 (19th November 2022), Harmony (19th November 2022), Hym (19th November 2022), Merkaba360 (19th November 2022), Michi (20th November 2022), Pam (19th November 2022), Vicus (19th November 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

For sure boring, but only if all knowledge is viewed as finite, never expanding, and/or there is no such thing as free will i.e. a pre-determined, looping, ground hog day universe-trap... much like this one I imagine.

My money is on multiverses where immortal Sovereigns with integrity have freedom and power to create, explore and truly live.

I think creating monstrosities like this universe, albeit with shades of beauty, would be accidental and inevitable in the sand pits of expansion. Fixing them not so easy.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th November 2022), Harmony (19th November 2022), Hym (19th November 2022), Merkaba360 (19th November 2022), Pam (19th November 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

There is a reason the monks of old would seclude themselves from society.
    Knowledge doesn't work if it goes against your programming.
    In order to do anything with new knowledge you have to alter the programming you've received from society at large.
    True learning begins by unlearning.
    You have to examine the impulse driven nature of your being and attempt to understand it.
    The anatomy of your psyche must be examined and decisions have to be made about what is genuinely you and what is not.

The beauty of this is no gurus are needed here just quiet introspection.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Agape (20th November 2022), Bill Ryan (19th November 2022), Docim369 (20th November 2022), East Sun (20th November 2022), edina (19th November 2022), Harmony (19th November 2022), Hym (19th November 2022), Krist (19th November 2022), Merkaba360 (19th November 2022), thepainterdoug (19th November 2022), ulli (19th November 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

The other day I was struggling to start some exotic seed and even after reading lots of resources.. still don't get it..
    sure I would love to have some but not all, it would not fit in my brain haha
    As Bill said, life is serious and highly complex game, if you knew everything it would be extremely boring life, no more challenges? that is basically what keep us moving around and doing things.. I can't what it would be having it all, let alone a price for that (maybe the price would be the physical body, our brain would explode with such huge amount of data).
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th November 2022), Merkaba360 (19th November 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 times in 711 posts

Confuscius will pay with his life for knowing the Way.

"If I knew the Tao in the morning, I would be happy to die in the evening" -- Confuscius

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

Agape (20th November 2022), Bill Ryan (19th November 2022), palehorse (19th November 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,453 times in 571 posts

I think the point is 'what is one willing to sacrifice' to make their progress.

In the modern era, most knowledge can be had for little to no cost; with the major sacrifice of time; and time alone. One does not have to increase the risk of the expense of knowledge, in order to know. Knowing isn't everything and the limits of learning are essentially endless depending on the person's choices. Acquiring knowledge should not be exclusive to the typical learning institutions nor should only credit be given in such endeavors.

I do not like to think of life as a 'game'. [just my opinion] The basic premises of a game are entertainment and competition. Life can be entertaining; short of the suffering aspect and competition is fierce but not always necessary. I do not wish to entertain, or be entertained; or compete with others. But I find in my younger years competition is part of the mind-set which is not always avoidable.

A daily habit of learning and training is certainly doable by more people than ever in history.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th November 2022), Merkaba360 (19th November 2022), palehorse (19th November 2022)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

Yes, but then what.

Exactly my thoughts, depending how we interpret the question. Like knowing all information in the universe? Or all knowledge from all humans on earth past present and future. That wouldn't be knowing everything, although it would be ALOT and maybe somewhat boring but not completely boring? You could make a lot of good predictions, but you still wouldn't know how world events would play out as its so dynamic, even knowing what everyone was thinking and planning things just backfire and unpredictable things happen if you dont know like what every atoms is going to do

I think how useless it would be to talk to others. Like you are always the teacher and knowing you are pretty much always right and everyone else is a buffoon that often dont know what they are talking about. Its horrible enough if one is surrounded by all ignorant people now.....multiply that by 100 times worse. lol

I would pay a pretty steep price for regaining some very useful psychic powers. But im not gonna give up my legs or something that debilitating or chronic pain.

I would maybe pay a lot to get certain information about some key major events and outline of general happenings on earth over the next 50 years. Like to be able to avoid some war zones, disaster areas. To know if dystopia or tyranny will come and when - so i can live it up beforehand. Some major technologies and medical breakthrus that i can count on. There are so mnay things we might want to save up money for in order to purchase that tech as it comes available.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th November 2022)

25. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

The thing you think you are cannot know everything by design. The knowing would necessarily change you before the knowing could be had.

You would have to become the thing that can know everything.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th November 2022), NancyV (28th November 2022)

27. Link to Post #14
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 times in 1,185 posts

Arrow Re: What price would you pay for all knowledge?

'It is I, Odin, chief of the Gods! I have come partake of your well of wisdom and knowledge', Odin said, suddenly revealing himself and calling out in a booming voice.
    Odin is an emblematic figure of mystics and seekers of truth. Odin is also an asteroid, his code 3989, he is currently in the sign of Scorpio, he was in conjunction with the Sun at the time of the Full Moon on November 8. Would you be born under this sign?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

DeDukshyn (19th November 2022), Wind (21st November 2022)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

I would not pay anything, unless the info. was spiritual and
    beneficial to my eternal existence. All I could pay would be
    nothing.

Because soul and future spiritual life is way beyond this dimension I
    would have to take it as it came about.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

kfm27917 (20th November 2022), NancyV (7th December 2022)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

Old Master Lao’tzu says in his book about Tao and the Way;

“Those who know do not talk, those who talk do not know”.

Most people of today talk 99% of their waking and dreaming time 🙂

There’s also a common saying in India that comes from Vedas:

“Speak truth if it’s sweet ( good, loveable) , don’t speak one that is bitter (brute).”

Speaking it or not, truth does not change.

At the end of the day we usually know more than we can take in and times more than we would ever be able to say
    while better half of that “knowing” turns
    unimportant tomorrow ..

So I’m in it with the Old Masters for most of the time
    learning the “way of knowing” is “learning curve” from
    today’s perspective,
    could be even described as parabolical function of neural excitation ( I did not say shambolical or paranoid though the two “dark states” seem to be closely related to the previous like collapsing or broken function would be to the original function )
    but it’s definitely described as perfect and completely satisfied state by ancient seers ,
    state of balance free of doubts and cravings.

There’s no partial or absolute price for achieving such state in my opinion other than day, detachment from ignorance.
    Clinging to something particular in this world is a source and result of ignorance.
    So no matter how great the truth is encompassed by our being
    attachment to any “partial truth” or state of knowing limits knowing and its natural function from being complete.

Knowing is so vast that paying any price for it is foolish, in my opinion.

Reminds me of the sad state of kids in China who sold their kidney to get an iPad. It’s an old piece of news but makes me cry whenever I recall it.

Reminds me of all the internet deception and people selling “information” to other people that can be found in library for free and inevitably turns to be “old news”
    the next day or maximally next year.

Reminds me of all the people possessive of their “special knowledge” they hesitate to share for it to be lost in time forever..

🍵

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (14th December 2022), kfm27917 (20th November 2022), Wind (21st November 2022)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 times in 685 posts

Yes, but then what.

Hi Bill:
    It is obvious that you do not think like Odin. So non of your eyes in Mimirs well. Just Project Avalon to learn enough, but keep playing the game. (LOL)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)
    Odin is an emblematic figure of mystics and seekers of truth. Odin is also an asteroid, his code 3989, he is currently in the sign of Scorpio, he was in conjunction with the Sun at the time of the Full Moon on November 8. Would you be born under this sign?

Odin is also a shaman !
    Yes I happen to be Scorpio with ascendant in Scorpio !
    Last edited by kfm27917; 20th November 2022 at 18:24.

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

What would be the point in us being here with no lessons to learn. We learn by our mistakes and grow wiser.

The cycle of reincarnation is a learning process which is invaluable to each and everyone of us, if we don’t learn then we start anew until we get it right

Once we get it right and live by what we’ve learned throughout our lives, perhaps then we go onto the next step.

Haven’t got a clue what the next step is as my previous memories have been wiped. I think I have a good idea though.

Happy learning.

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

kfm27917 (20th November 2022)

+ Reply to Thread