Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,442 times in 570 posts

Default Re: Purpose of our lives...

Quote Posted by JackMcThorn (here)
    Okay, very good.

Regarding Glacamara, I have studied a little of the history here and haven't heard of this, so I will check it out.

Cheers
    So a friend of mine heard of this and sort of knew what is was but found the following on wiki:

"How Are Things in Glocca Morra?" is a popular song about a fictional village in Ireland, with themes of nostalgia and homesickness. It was introduced by Ella Logan in the original 1947 Broadway production of Finian's Rainbow.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Ben (21st November 2022), East Sun (21st November 2022), Johnnycomelately (21st November 2022), Pam (21st November 2022), rgray222 (21st November 2022), Victoria (22nd November 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    For me, the meaning of life is to discover your gift and the purpose of life is to share it.

I also like Seth Godin's take on encouraging us to upset the status quo and start a movement, a tribe to bring people together and create a community supporting each other through a central ethos or culture and connecting like minded people.

Having said that, are we here to experience, learn, apply the learning and evolve helping consciousness to grow?

I believe we are not here to dwell on regrets, worry about the future or stay "down" by reminding ourselves of struggle, stress or limitation.

If the purpose of our time here is to experience and grow helping others and consciousness to continue to grow, its a shame as part of this human existence that we react to life's events instead of responding with a (hard to achieve at times) positive attitude.

Some say we like in a digital universe, and some believe that we co-create our reality by projecting and manifesting our thoughts into physical existance by converting our thoughts as wave energy into particles through our attention and intention.

If so, then what if we all focused on remembering why we're really here at this time of human evolution and what we're each bringing to the table and how we can "pay it forward" in our quest to help others evolve and grow.

I think it was Mark Twain who said “The two most important days in life are the day you born and the day you find out why.”
    What a beautiful post scotslad. It has taken me a very long time to figure out what you have stated here and to put it into practice. I spent so much of my life believing that intellectualizing this wisdom was somehow enough. You could give me a test on all the correct responses to lead a balanced spiritual life in words and I could sound like a saint, but I didn't go through the often gut wrenching work of practicing and implementing. That's the point now. The universe will respond with precision when it sees you are sincere in this. The lessons will come. (Sometimes, I laughingly wonder what I have invited into my life). Those lessons may and mostly are way different than I envision them. But I take them seriously and I can see and evaluate how I responded to it. Sometimes I am blown away at how I still revert to some pretty rough survival tactics when I am emotionally lost. So I observe that, it is humbling and move on. I know I will get another opportunity to try again.

Ultimately at the end of the day all I hope for is to be the person I would like to have as a neighbor, a friend, the person you could feel safe calling for help. Believe it or not , in my case that has been a huge amount of inner work and releasing a bunch of locked and stagnant energy, a ton of trauma. I am willing to keep doing it. Till the day I die. And all that work will hopefully make me a decent person that would treat others like I would like to be treated. No hero, no enlightened being, no saint. Just a human who was sincere and never gave up.

If we were perfect I guarantee you , we wouldn't be here. I wasted so much time on the "I will seek enlightenment". I am not criticizing others that do that but for me it was a pipe dream that allowed me to put off the work that I could do today to become the decent person I described above.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Ben (21st November 2022), East Sun (21st November 2022), Ernie Nemeth (21st November 2022), Johnnycomelately (21st November 2022), Vangelo (22nd November 2022), Victoria (22nd November 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

Quote Posted by Pam (here)

What a beautiful post scotslad. It has taken me a very long time to figure out what you have stated here and to put it into practice. I spent so much of my life believing that intellectualizing this wisdom was somehow enough. You could give me a test on all the correct responses to lead a balanced spiritual life in words and I could sound like a saint, but I didn't go through the often gut wrenching work of practicing and implementing. That's the point now. The universe will respond with precision when it sees you are sincere in this. The lessons will come. (Sometimes, I laughingly wonder what I have invited into my life). Those lessons may and mostly are way different than I envision them. But I take them seriously and I can see and evaluate how I responded to it. Sometimes I am blown away at how I still revert to some pretty rough survival tactics when I am emotionally lost. So I observe that, it is humbling and move on. I know I will get another opportunity to try again.

Ultimately at the end of the day all I hope for is to be the person I would like to have as a neighbor, a friend, the person you could feel safe calling for help. Believe it or not , in my case that has been a huge amount of inner work and releasing a bunch of locked and stagnant energy, a ton of trauma. I am willing to keep doing it. Till the day I die. And all that work will hopefully make me a decent person that would treat others like I would like to be treated. No hero, no enlightened being, no saint. Just a human who was sincere and never gave up.

If we were perfect I guarantee you , we wouldn't be here. I wasted so much time on the "I will seek enlightenment". I am not criticizing others that do that but for me it was a pipe dream that allowed me to put off the work that I could do today to become the decent person I described above.
    You have verbalized so much in your short post. I guess that we all must intellectualize information before we understand it but therein lies the problem. Most of us think that once we processed the information and get a fairly good understanding that would be enough. The truth is that is only the starting point. It is even harder to start the work (it is not work but I can think of no better word) of putting that understanding into our daily lives. After that, it is truly a lifetime endeavor.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Ben (21st November 2022), East Sun (21st November 2022), Johnnycomelately (21st November 2022), Vangelo (22nd November 2022), Victoria (22nd November 2022)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,431 times in 1,706 posts

Mashika,

I thought that I had mistakenly asked the wrong
    person to clarify their reply.

All is good.
    Last edited by East Sun; 21st November 2022 at 23:11.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Victoria (22nd November 2022)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Okay, very good.

Regarding Glacamara, I have studied a little of the history here and haven't heard of this, so I will check it out.

Cheers
    So a friend of mine heard of this and sort of knew what is was but found the following on wiki:

"How Are Things in Glocca Morra?" is a popular song about a fictional village in Ireland, with themes of nostalgia and homesickness. It was introduced by Ella Logan in the original 1947 Broadway production of Finian's Rainbow.
    Thank you Jack McThorn. I had totally forgotten. I knew that way back in my long past younger days.

E.S.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

JackMcThorn (22nd November 2022), Victoria (22nd November 2022)

11. Link to Post #26
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

Purpose of this life, I think to experience this duality and learn the way out of it. Experiencing duality was the choice of the first human on earth and it will be until the last.
    Purpose of my life: I am a soldier of God, if I "hear" the call, I get into action, no matter the consequences.
    I know these words will be misunderstood by many, but I can't explain more about that.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

East Sun (21st November 2022), Ernie Nemeth (21st November 2022), Matthew (21st November 2022), Victoria (22nd November 2022)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Eagle Eye

Being misunderstood is a big part of discussing anything to do with
    spiritual things especially on a forum.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Victoria (22nd November 2022)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,138 times in 13,482 posts

To me the purpose of life is to acquire virtues,
    which in turn clears one’s conscience
    which in turn raises one’s consciousness.

Higher consciousness is represented by a high frequency energy wave,
    while low consciousness is a low frequency wave.

Many people choose the latter, since negative states can be quite addictive, as they provide dramas.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

East Sun (22nd November 2022), Ernie Nemeth (22nd November 2022), Peace in Oz (23rd November 2022), RunningDeer (22nd November 2022), Vangelo (22nd November 2022), Victoria (22nd November 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2