+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chakras as part of wellbeing...

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

Default Chakras as part of wellbeing...

These are the fourteen chakras as given in meditation.

1. Soles of feet together in sitting position

2. #Knee one, #knee two

3. Prostate gland

4. Genitalia

5. Lower abdomen

6. Umbilical

7. Solar plexus

8. Heart

9. Throat/word

10. Eyes

11. Pineal gland

12. Crown

13. Halo

14. Element

There are many chakras throughout the body, different by the perspectives of various practitioners.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Alecs (21st November 2022), Hym (22nd November 2022), Ioneo (21st November 2022), Lunesoleil (21st November 2022), Michel Leclerc (21st November 2022), Peace in Oz (3rd December 2022), pounamuknight (26th November 2022), Spiral (4th December 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Default Re: Chakras as part of wellbeing...

My daily body meditation includes all the above points.

I use a visualization technique, where I imagine a band like a hula-hoop moving downward from the crown to the feet and back again. I stop at any point that feels pain or is just not up to par and deep breath extra energy/healing into those areas.
    I can scan my body from head to toe in seconds, or I can extend it to include bones/skeletal, emotional body, revelation/spiritual, knowledge/experience, prayer.

Before ending my routine I always draw an imaginary sphere of protection around me extending outward to infinity/godhead.

Body meditation is a staple in my life.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 21st November 2022 at 21:31.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Alecs (21st November 2022), Carlitos (4th December 2022), East Sun (21st November 2022), Hym (22nd November 2022), Ioneo (21st November 2022), Lunesoleil (3rd December 2022), Michel Leclerc (21st November 2022), Peace in Oz (3rd December 2022), pounamuknight (26th November 2022), Spiral (4th December 2022), Vangelo (22nd November 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,208 times in 747 posts

Thank you, East Sun.

It has been of use and help to me when I understood that the "heart chakra" (Anāhata) is not located about the heart but at the center of the lungs-heart system or in the middle of the nipples if one prefers.

The Heart is a spiritual concept (as in the Holy Heart of Jesus, or as in Sufi mysticism) and is not “located” “in” the body, or, if it were anyhow anywhere, then in the area of your spots 13 and 14 (as Sahasrāra). It is a symbol, and synonym for, and akin to, the Lotus, the Rose, the Egyptian Blue Lily, the White Lily as the divine flowers, or the divine birds: Phoenix, Onqā, Sîmorgh, Garuda, Swan: it is the “extra” sephirot Tipheret in the middle of the Tree of Life. The Heart is the centre of the chakras but not any longer seen as spots on the Kundalini vertical, but as located on the rim of a wheel. Whose hub is the Heart. The Tree of Life being a compromise between the Vertical and the Wheel.

So, thank you Ernie Nemeth – because your hula-hoop visualisation says exactly that.

It follows that there are no higher or lower chakras.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Alecs (21st November 2022), Carlitos (4th December 2022), East Sun (21st November 2022), Ernie Nemeth (21st November 2022), Hym (22nd November 2022), Ioneo (21st November 2022), pounamuknight (26th November 2022), Vangelo (22nd November 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    My daily body meditation includes all the above points.

I use a visualization technique, where I imagine a band like a hula-hoop moving downward from the crown to the feet and back again. I stop at any point that feels pain or is just not up to par and deep breath extra energy/healing into those areas.
    I can scan my body from head to toe in seconds, or I can extend it to include bones/skeletal, emotional body, revelation/spiritual, knowledge/experience, prayer.

Before ending my routine I always draw an imaginary sphere of protection around me extending outward to infinity/godhead.

Body meditation is a staple in my life.
    Hi Ernie,

That is great to hear because I do something similar that I came up with on my own,

Visualization is surprisingly effective. I have found that with meditation we can
    learn how to heal our own bodies. That and self--designed exercises to suit
    our age and needs can be ideal. For me stretching has always worked well
    because of my training in Tae Kwon Do (Korean marital Arts).
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Alecs (21st November 2022), Ernie Nemeth (21st November 2022), Hym (22nd November 2022), Peace in Oz (3rd December 2022), pounamuknight (26th November 2022), Vangelo (22nd November 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michel Leclerc (here)
    Thank you, East Sun.

It has been of use and help to me when I understood that the "heart chakra" (Anāhata) is not located about the heart but at the center of the lungs-heart system or in the middle of the nipples if one prefers.

The Heart is a spiritual concept (as in the Holy Heart of Jesus, or as in Sufi mysticism) and is not “located” “in” the body, or, if it were anyhow anywhere, then in the area of your spots 13 and 14 (as Sahasrāra). It is a symbol, and synonym for, and akin to, the Lotus, the Rose, the Egyptian Blue Lily, the White Lily as the divine flowers, or the divine birds: Phoenix, Onqā, Sîmorgh, Garuda, Swan: it is the “extra” sephirot Tipheret in the middle of the Tree of Life. The Heart is the centre of the chakras but not any longer seen as spots on the Kundalini vertical, but as located on the rim of a wheel. Whose hub is the Heart. The Tree of Life being a compromise between the Vertical and the Wheel.

So, thank you Ernie Nemeth – because your hula-hoop visualisation says exactly that.

It follows that there are no higher or lower chakras.
    Michel Leclerc, thank you for your reply.

You are far more advanced than me.
    I am self-taught in this realm of expertise, as in most
    things.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Alecs (21st November 2022), Ernie Nemeth (22nd November 2022), Michel Leclerc (22nd November 2022), pounamuknight (26th November 2022), Vangelo (22nd November 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 times in 170 posts

Many years ago I drew a self-portrait (headshot) as a homework assignment for a drawing course. I had to use a mirror. When nearly complete I noticed, lets call it, a 'white fog' that slowly circled the circumference of my face. If you were facing me, it moved clockwise. I included it in the portrait without giving it a second thought; it seemed natural. Can anyone explain this or suggest where to find the answer? Thanks.

And, I apologize, East Sun, for this being a little off topic.
    Last edited by Alecs; 22nd November 2022 at 04:53.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alecs For This Post:

East Sun (22nd November 2022), Ernie Nemeth (22nd November 2022), Hym (22nd November 2022), Michel Leclerc (22nd November 2022), pounamuknight (26th November 2022)

13. Link to Post #7
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

There are four above the head in various sizes in a straight line and at least one is a major one. There is one below the feet which seems weak to me.it always seems strange to me that my strong chakras head towards the stars and not the earth.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

Alecs (22nd November 2022), East Sun (22nd November 2022), Ernie Nemeth (22nd November 2022), Hym (22nd November 2022), pounamuknight (26th November 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks

Thank you East Sun – but it is not the case, because we are all completely unique (as Agamben says: singular) humans, persons, men, women, girls, boys — with millions of absolutely unique experiences only experienced by ourselves, and hence by absolutely unique development curves.

But I wanted to share these two realisations:
    (1) the Muslim mystics appeared to attach a unique and paramount value to qalb and fu'ad (the Arabic words for "the Heart"), to del and dil (the Persian and Urdu ones) which on one hand did not correspond to the Anâhata chakra but at best comprised, engulfed it, on the other hand looked much more – as I discovered when starting to understand the deep bond shared by Islam and Christianity – like the Heart of Jesus (his "Holy Heart") in Christianity, and in the whole "Heart devotion" present with the Christian mystics; then came the realisation that there is no chakra that is not "infused by" or "a path towards" the Heart – so if the Heart is a special chakra, it is more like a chakra either at or even beyond sahasrâra (the 1,000 or 1,008-petaled Lotus), and very much like the sixth or eleventh (that depends on how you count) of the sephirot in Kabbala thinking: the sephira Tipheret, which is the only sephira connected to all other ones; this realisation made the road “lighter” for me: it was not Theo-sophy that was needed (by me) in the first place, but Theo-bhakti (if I may be allowed this strange word-welding);
    (2) the second realisation was that it followed from this that all chakras are equal, and that it is not necessary to "climb the chakra ladder" (again, for me) but that it was essential to infuse them all – equally or harmoniously – with the Heart or Qalb/Del or Tipheret and to allow them to contribute to the Heart, the Centre of the Wheel; from that moment onwards I understood that those "Eastern” and/or New Age approaches that insisted on moving away from the physical or the “lower densities” were not for me; I started to understand that such approaches were inimical to the body and its chakras, and looked suspiciously similar to the Augustinian and later Christian rejection of the ”flesh” and its sins – whereas when we read the stories about Jesus we discover that he valued highly all signs of affection given to his body, and that he loved the body so much that he went through the terrible suffering that the body endures before it “goes to the Father” –
    These realisations may not be the whole Truth – but I have only access to what is the Truth for me.. and they help me attaching the utmost value to the experience of the Divine in this reality.
    Last edited by Michel Leclerc; 22nd November 2022 at 21:56.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Alecs (22nd November 2022), Carlitos (4th December 2022), East Sun (23rd November 2022), Ernie Nemeth (23rd November 2022), pounamuknight (26th November 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks

“It seemed natural” is what you wrote Alecs. I think it is natural. Only we rarely show it to others probably; and we rarely can see it whether they show it or not.

As a communication consultant I once had as a coachee a lady in her forties, who happened to have a very outgoing personality. I remembered a session in which we talked about the relationship we have as humans with our companions in love. This conversation could not just be general, it called for being experiential as well. For a duration of easily a quarter of an hour she talked about her husband, whom she visibly loved very dearly (and was equally so loved by him). Visibly – because the whole time her head and her upper body (we were seated at a table) glowed strongly with an orange halo (Svadhisthana chakra!) that surrounded/enveloped her, easily up to 20 cm thick.

I was privileged that she shared it with me – and I was receptive enough to witness it.

Maybe we need a mirror to see our own glow. Maybe also your artistic endeavour made you more sensitive, more blessed.

(You may be interested in what is known about how Julian Freud used to paint his "sitters", the people he painted portraits for.)

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Alecs (22nd November 2022), Carlitos (4th December 2022), East Sun (23rd November 2022), Ernie Nemeth (23rd November 2022), Peace in Oz (3rd December 2022), pounamuknight (26th November 2022)

19. Link to Post #10
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,300 times in 1,185 posts

Arrow Re: Chakras as part of wellbeing...

CHAKRA 1 : I am
    CHAKRA 2 : I feel
    CHAKRA 3 : I want
    CHAKRA 4 : I love
    CHAKRA 5 : I speak
    CHAKRA 6 : I see
    CHAKRA 7 : I know

• Root Chakra (red) : MULADHARA
    • Sacral Chakra (orange) : SVADHISHTHANA
    • Solar Plexus Chakra ( yellow ) : MANIPURA
    • Heart Chakra (green) : ANAHATA
    • Throat Chakra (blue) : VISHUDDHA
    • Third Eye Chakra (indigo) : AJNA
    • Crown Chakra (purple) : SAHASRARA

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Alecs (4th December 2022), Carlitos (4th December 2022), East Sun (4th December 2022), Vangelo (3rd December 2022)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

This is an important topic in my opinion. One of the many untaught things about our make up. These energy centers are precisely where "hitch hikers" can take up residence. These meddling spirits can cause all manner of problems in people's lives. Letting one's guard down in some way can create an "in" for them.

The good news is there are techniques that WORK to rid yourself or other people of them. I can tell when they gain entry. I suddenly feel more anxiety, self doubt, on and on. This is how they work, to push your buttons like slot machines so you cough up energy for them. If people only knew this.

Message me if you'd like me to do a spirit releasment for you free of charge.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Alecs (4th December 2022), East Sun (4th December 2022), Peace in Oz (3rd December 2022), Vangelo (3rd December 2022)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

This is an important topic in my opinion. One of the many untaught things about our make up. These energy centers are precisely where "hitch hikers" can take up residence. These meddling spirits can cause all manner of problems in people's lives. Letting one's guard down in some way can create an "in" for them.

The good news is there are techniques that WORK to rid yourself or other people of them. I can tell when they gain entry. I suddenly feel more anxiety, self doubt, on and on. This is how they work, to push your buttons like slot machines so you cough up energy for them. If people only knew this.

Message me if you'd like me to do a spirit releasment for you free of charge.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Sorry about that double post!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Alecs (4th December 2022), East Sun (4th December 2022), Vangelo (3rd December 2022), wegge (4th December 2022)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Don't mean to hijack this thread at all. It seemed appropriate to add.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Alecs (4th December 2022)

+ Reply to Thread