+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ron DeSantis: Torturer, War Criminal, Abuser of the U.S. Constitution

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

Default Re: Ron DeSantis: Torturer, War Criminal, Abuser of the U.S. Constitution

[Dead Horse beat down flag on]
    The USCON has been "dead" since 1933, when the STATE OF EMERGENCY was instituted.
    But, hey, you consented to it, says the law.

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,121 times in 3,491 posts

Default Re: Ron DeSantis: Torturer, War Criminal, Abuser of the U.S. Constitution

A few bullet points I made from watching this interview:
    • Piers Morgan states the DeSantis is "not an anti-vaxxer" and that he "just happened" to be right about "the science" (that is, the vaccine being useless at stopping the spread of COVID.) DeSantis does not disagree with the "not an anti-vaxxer" moniker.

• DeSantis sees 9/11 as a rallying point that justified the invasion of both Iraq and Afghanistan. He sees Iran as a big threat that the U.S. needs to take action on.

• @ (28:15) They talk about Guantanmo Bay. Morgan and DeSanits appear to address the charges of Mansur al-Dayfi that DeSantis caused al-Dayfi to get tortured for the involuntary acts of vomiting and smiled when it happened, but instead they addressed charges that DeSantis authorized the torture of al-Dayfi, something which obviously DeSantis did not have the power to do in his position. While some of the most horrific actions happened at Guantanamo happened while DeSantis was there (including the death of two detainees due to torture), he has almost nothing negative to say about the legal practices and human rights violations that happened at that time

• DeSantis claims that "Russia invaded Crimea."

• (35:20) "The way to hit Putin is to hit him with energy." Sounds like he approves of blowing up the Nordstream pipeline. DeSantis then says the invasion is a large blunder for Putin and a big loss for them. Goes on to call Putin a war criminal. He seems to be completely in line with the Biden administration.

• DeSantis would ban TikTok but he admires how China sanitizes (censors) Tiktok.

Pier Morgan demonstrates his undying admiration for DeSantis throughout the interview. Morgan reminds us that he is a "liberal"and DeSantis is conservative, but in reality, they are neo-Con and neo-Lib, which are ultimately the same thing in different packaging: deep down the both want a large authoritarian state engaged in unending warfare.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

gini (3rd May 2023), Nasu (25th July 2023), onawah (3rd May 2023), Reinhard (16th July 2023)

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,620 times in 20,704 posts

I used to think DeSantis would be a good alternative to Trump for the GOP ticket, but it appears that what looked to be positive about him now was actually window dressing.
    Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)
    A few bullet points I made from watching this interview:
    • Piers Morgan states the DeSantis is "not an anti-vaxxer" and that he "just happened" to be right about "the science" (that is, the vaccine being useless at stopping the spread of COVID.) DeSantis does not disagree with the "not an anti-vaxxer" moniker.

• DeSantis sees 9/11 as a rallying point that justified the invasion of both Iraq and Afghanistan. He sees Iran as a big threat that the U.S. needs to take action on.

• @ (28:15) They talk about Guantanmo Bay. Morgan and DeSanits appear to address the charges of Mansur al-Dayfi that DeSantis caused al-Dayfi to get tortured for the involuntary acts of vomiting and smiled when it happened, but instead they addressed charges that DeSantis authorized the torture of al-Dayfi, something which obviously DeSantis did not have the power to do in his position. While some of the most horrific actions happened at Guantanamo happened while DeSantis was there (including the death of two detainees due to torture), he has almost nothing negative to say about the legal practices and human rights violations that happened at that time

• DeSantis claims that "Russia invaded Crimea."

• (35:20) "The way to hit Putin is to hit him with energy." Sounds like he approves of blowing up the Nordstream pipeline. DeSantis then says the invasion is a large blunder for Putin and a big loss for them. Goes on to call Putin a war criminal. He seems to be completely in line with the Biden administration.

• DeSantis would ban TikTok but he admires how China sanitizes (censors) Tiktok.

Pier Morgan demonstrates his undying admiration for DeSantis throughout the interview. Morgan reminds us that he is a "liberal"and DeSantis is conservative, but in reality, they are neo-Con and neo-Lib, which are ultimately the same thing in different packaging: deep down the both want a large authoritarian state engaged in unending warfare.
    Each breath a gift...

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

gini (3rd May 2023), Kryztian (3rd May 2023), mountain_jim (6th July 2023), Nasu (25th July 2023)

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Ron DeSantis moves to the right of anti-woke and shows he is plain old homophobic and anti-trans and tries to make Donald Trump seem like he is woke because Trump would allow Caitlin Jenner to use the bathrooms at his hotel.

15 minutes, from Breaking Points with Emily and Krystal.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

abmqa (16th July 2023), ClearWater (6th July 2023), DNA (6th July 2023)

8. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,999 times in 4,337 posts

This Post takes away from the thread.
    I apologize.
    Last edited by DNA; 16th July 2023 at 05:55.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Kryztian (27th February 2024), Nasu (25th July 2023)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Kryztian I think the world of you.
    You are one of my top five favorite people to ever have posted on Avalon.
    Your writing skill and the points you have made over the years have truly been a joy to read.
    But ,,,,,
    The groups you are mentioning and concerned over,,, I just don't care anymore.
    They don't need to be treated with kids gloves. This isn't a deal where there is a persecuted group.
    The groups you referred to are now the bullies. Media bullies, school bullies in every sense of the word.

In so far as these groups are concerned I just don't care anymore.

Marcus, Thanks for this compliments. I think I understand your points here but am not 100% sure. If I had time to reply it would take several long posts and that would be another thread. I don't want to go off topic.

The main point made in this video is Trump and DeSantis are very different politicians on these issues. Trump is more within the mainstream of "live and let live" middle America while DeSantis is to the right on social issues of your average Republican voter.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

DNA (6th July 2023), Nasu (25th July 2023), Reinhard (16th July 2023)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

DNA (16th July 2023), gini (16th July 2023), mountain_jim (15th July 2023), Nasu (25th July 2023)

14. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,999 times in 4,337 posts

I just wanted to bump this thread.
    I've been looking into the whistle blower testimony of Sue Arrigo on Guitmo.
    It's a compounded horror story.
    Given the involvement DeSantis had there I can no longer say I'm any kind of a fan of his.
    We truly do not have many options.
    BUT it just may be that the days of free elections are over.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

abmqa (16th July 2023), mountain_jim (16th July 2023), Nasu (25th July 2023), Reinhard (16th July 2023)

16. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member abmqa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I just wanted to bump this thread.
    I've been looking into the whistle blower testimony of Sue Arrigo on Guitmo.
    It's a compounded horror story.
    Given the involvement DeSantis had there I can no longer say I'm any kind of a fan of his.
    We truly do not have many options.
    BUT it just may be that the days of free elections are over.
    That information on DeSantis if true, is extremely disturbing. It seems legit, I will need to do more research. I haven't spent much time researching him, and I don't see him winning an election against Trump. However, from what little I've seen about him, the Corporations will love him. That gives him a chance. It's still way too early for polling to reflect an actual outcome.

Also, in this day and age, where the truth is subject to alternate facts, lies are the "truth" when it serves the candidate or party purposes. DeSantis only needs to deny and keep denying whenever he's confronted with it.

With Trump's numerous legal liabilities, a successfull Trump election would likely be a "lame duck" administration on day one, it would not surprise me if a relatively unknown candidate is ultimately chosen by the GOP. Time will tell.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

DNA (16th July 2023), gini (26th July 2023), Kryztian (16th July 2023), Nasu (25th July 2023), Reinhard (16th July 2023)

18. Link to Post #30
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,490 times in 21,118 posts

• Ron DeSantis uninjured after a car crash in Tennessee:
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Kryztian (26th July 2023), Nasu (25th July 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2