1. Link to Post #1
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,390 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Moonsun recipes

Hello people
    I like cooking, in this space of the good things in life, I will share my little secrets with you in this month of preparation for the Christmas and New Year holidays.

The pumpkin was squatting in the kitchen and the time had come to put it in the pan or, if you prefer, in the oven with its garnish to give it a festive look and surprise my darling who was certainly not expecting to find the pumpkin in this state.

Normally the pumpkin is eaten plain after baking, it was not really my thing …

The ingredients for this stuffed pumpkin

fresh mushrooms
    A small onion and a shallot
    Half a tray of bacon bits
    A large potato
    A 20cl half-pack of semi-thick milk without liquid
    Seasoned to your liking and oil for cooking.
    Optional slices of goat cheese or other cheese
    Prepare the mushrooms cut into strips, the potato into cubes, as well as the chopped onion and shallot. When everything is ready we cook the potatoes in a frying pan and the mushrooms, bacon, onion and shallot in another frying pan at the last moment we add the milk, then the cooked potatoes and put on hold

Then, after having cut the pumpkin to make it a beautiful Chinese hat, we remove the seeds inside and all that is stringy and 15 minutes in the oven 180°

After this cooking time in the oven, we fill the pumpkin quarter, we place the cheese and we start to fill again and we finish with the cheese. We install the hat on it and in the oven 180° for 30 minutes

For those who like pumpkin or not, you are going to enjoy it, I find that the potato goes perfectly with the mushrooms and the potato softens the flesh of the pumpkin. A typical dish of the autumn season with leaves that change colors, some look a lot like pumpkin with this orange color.

Obviously, you can not put bacon, but necessarily if you put it gives more taste for the taste buds. I had done several searches on instagram and I had not seen any with potato, rice, leek and carrot but no potato which is in my opinion essential…

Have a good meal

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

angelfire (10th December 2022), Arcturian108 (8th December 2022), Franny (9th December 2022), Ioneo (8th December 2022), Isserley (9th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (9th December 2022), Karen (Geophyz) (9th December 2022), Mari (9th December 2022), Mercedes (20th December 2022), palehorse (9th December 2022), Ravenlocke (23rd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (24th December 2022), Tigger (8th December 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Arrow Re: Moonsun recipes

homemade lasagna

For those who like my recipes, here is another and this time my first homemade Lasagna.

It had been a long time since I had eaten "Lasagna" and the last time was if I remember frozen foods. Because who makes homemade lasagna? , please raise your hand! Some time ago, I had bought a box of Lasagna, like buying a packet of pasta, which is cooked in boiling water and which is very often served with grated cheese and tomato sauce. This time I'm going to ask you to use your imagination and think about what you could put in the dish to accompany the Lasagna noodles. I am going to share with you one type of recipe, but there are a variety of recipes that can be made depending on the ingredients we have, knowing that there will be two essential ingredients apart from, of course, lasagna pasta, the cheese and tomato sauce,

The ingredient I used for my first homemade Lasagna :

Lasagna noodles of your choice
    Tomato sauce, preferred quality plain tomato sauce
    A packet of fresh spinach which is equivalent I think to 300gr of spinach more or less
    A big onion
    A small brick of liquid cream
    A tablespoon of cornstarch
    A piece of butter
    olive oil
    Nutmeg for the bechamel sauce
    Start by washing your spinach and draining, then prepare the onion then cut it into pieces and put it in a large pan with a drizzle of olive oil and throw in the spinach, cover with a lid and halfway cooking salt. During this time prepare the bechamel sauce (butter + flour + milk) I added spinach juice to make the bechamel a little more liquid.

What I did, I boiled salted water and immersed the lasagna noodles for a few minutes. It is important to check how much lasagna you will put in the dish for the first layer, two, three? , after plunging into boiling water, place the Lasagna noodles on a damp cloth without overlapping them, otherwise you risk sticking the Lasagna and not being able to take it off.

After this operation, we choose a sufficiently large baking dish that we will butter, we pour the tomato sauce at the bottom of the dish, then a layer of Lasagna, then the cooked spinach, then another layer of Lasagna and to finish béchamel sauce and grated cheese of your choice and I finish with a thin drizzle of olive oil and in the hot oven for about 30 minutes

Afterwards, if you don't have spinach, you can replace with preferably fresh mushrooms, canned mushrooms have no taste, eggplant, carrots, leeks, etc.; And allow to vary the pleasures.

You can replace the spinach with a homemade ratatouille, it's also delicious with the layer underneath of fresh mushrooms (canned mushrooms have no taste), so the ratatouille is made with tomato, zucchini, eggplant, pepper , onion, (optional garlic and parsley) .
    You can replace, that's what I did, the bechamel with just milk, because you need moisture to cook the lasagna noodles

I agree that this dish at the beginning of the summer or even in the fall if you have vegetables in your garden. We can replace with winter vegetables, maybe not the potato, but why not mashed carrot, or celery, sweet potato ect...

To your pots!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

angelfire (10th December 2022), Arcturian108 (9th December 2022), Franny (9th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (9th December 2022), Karen (Geophyz) (9th December 2022), Mercedes (20th December 2022), Ravenlocke (23rd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (24th December 2022), Tigger (10th December 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,400 times in 937 posts

Default Re: Moonsun recipes

Lunesoleil:
    Thanks so much for starting this thread. I can never get enough of new recipes to toggle my brain, even if I never end up making them. I hate The New York Times, but I recently broke down and bought their 1,000 page recipe book, a real door stopper, and it's a total joy.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Franny (9th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (9th December 2022), Karen (Geophyz) (9th December 2022), Lunesoleil (9th December 2022), Mari (9th December 2022), Mercedes (20th December 2022), Ravenlocke (23rd December 2022), Tigger (10th December 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arcturian108 (here)
    Lunesoleil:
    Thanks so much for starting this thread. I can never get enough of new recipes to toggle my brain, even if I never end up making them. I hate The New York Times, but I recently broke down and bought their 1,000 page recipe book, a real door stopper, and it's a total joy.
    Thanks for the feedback, I also have cookbooks but with the internet I haven't looked at them for a long time. When I was younger I had a collection of modern kitchens and before I moved I gave everything to a sister. I work by heart. For desserts I often reduce the amount of sugar or butter and I like to create variations in the same recipe. It's a matter of feeling what I like or don't like. Tomorrow I make a Carrot Cake with the grated carrot and I do according to my desire and what I have in my cupboard.

Do you know the "potato pancake" (grumbeerekiechle) in Alsatian. I had the idea of ​​adding minced nettle leaves to the preparation, which brings an original flavor to these potato pancakes.

There is a tip that should not be forgotten when preparing to make your potato pancakes a success and which allows you guaranteed success in the realization of this dish.

What you need :

One large potato per person or two medium ones
    A handful of chopped nettles or you can substitute parsley or anything else like minced mushrooms or herbs...
    An egg
    Salty and peppery

After grating the potatoes (I use the fine grater, I saw in a recipe that it was the opposite that a medium grater was recommended). You then place in a clean cloth to drain the grated potato preparation. Squeeze as much as possible to remove as much water as possible. When this operation is done, you place in a salad bowl and you add the egg, the nettles (or the parsley or any other) and mix with your hands.

Meanwhile you put vegetable oil to heat in a frying pan, I put the value of a glass. It is not necessary that the patties are bathed in oil, but enough to cook your patties. If you have a very small ramekin to use as a mold before placing in the hot pan, or use a spoon to pour a heap of grated potato preparation and flatten to form a pancake. Cook on both sides until the patties are golden brown.

In a dish, lay out paper towel to place the potato pancakes before eating them with a salad of your choice.

Instead of nettles, you can replace them with spinach, or even mushrooms cut into small pieces, leftover cold chicken, grated cheese, there are dozens of ways to prepare potato pancakes, depending on your tastes...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (11th December 2022), Mercedes (20th December 2022), Ravenlocke (23rd December 2022), Tigger (10th December 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

The last "Carrot Cake" was a killer as the young people would say and it was appreciated by my guest to whom I offered to share the recipe. Before I had often heard about it, until the day, at the restaurant “L’Epicerie” in Strasbourg, I let myself be tempted and I really appreciated it. Then, I researched the different recipes that could exist and I made my first Carrot Cake, then a second, a third…. I would say this is my favorite cake.

Ingredients :
    250g grated carrots
    50g cornstarch
    2 eggs
    50 g almond powder
    100g brown sugar
    3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    2 tbsp rosehip jam (optional and in this case reduce the sugar by half
    1 packet of baking powder or a teaspoon of baking soda with a squeeze of lemon
    1 heaped teaspoon of cinnamon
    A few whole hazelnuts for decoration
    Butter for the cake tin

For the icing:
    Half of Philadelphia, (the other half will be used for the next Carrot Cake)
    A tablespoon of very firm plain yogurt in a glass jar
    A tablespoon of icing sugar
    (optional) a tablespoon of rosehip jam, in this case reduce the icing sugar)
    For the pink color, I added two tablespoons of homemade rosehip (rosehip) coulis, you can replace with store-bought rosehip jam. I also added wild rose coulis in the preparation of the Carrot Cake. If you add jam (sweet), you will have to reduce the amount of sugar by half.
    I realized that the amount of Cinnamon must be respected, I happened to forget it and that it makes all the difference in the success of the Carrot Cake. With practice and experience, I only use butter for the cake tin, I don't add any in the preparation, it's not essential.

Preparation :
    You mix all the ingredients according to the order in the placement, then pour the preparation into the mold and put in the oven for 30 minutes medium thermostat. Check that the cake is cooked with a knife blade, then finish cooking after turning off the oven for another fifteen minutes. It is obvious that the cooking must be supervised, each one having a different oven …
    Meanwhile, prepare the glaze, mix all the ingredients with a spoon then with a whisk and put in the fridge. When the cake is cooked, pass the blade of a knife all around to take it off and unmold. Put the Carrot Cake in a cool place to let it cool. Then cut the cake lengthwise in two parts, to make a glaze inside then place the other half on top of the first and place the rest of the glaze on top, then decorate with the hazelnuts and put in the fridge . Carrot Cake is best if you wait to taste it.
    Good tasting, ideal the Carrot Cake for breakfast

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Isserley (20th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (24th December 2022), Mercedes (20th December 2022), Ravenlocke (23rd December 2022)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Sweet harissa (oriental pastry)

The recipe for "Granny" she asked me to make for dessert "sweet harissa", a Tunisian speciality, a semolina-based cake that she no longer has the energy to make "88 years old". This time I improved the recipe by adding golden sesame with the rest of the pine nuts. I learned that you can also replace with almonds, walnuts… depending on your tastes.

Ingredients :

500 gr of fine semolina found in oriental grocery stores
    150 gr of sugar (the dose was reduced and I opted for brown sugar)
    4 eggs
    2 tablespoons of orange blossom
    1 glass of orange juice (to be made with oranges) + grated orange peel
    2 sachets of vanilla + bitter almond
    1 packet of baking powder (last)

For the Syrup:

1 liter of water
    150 g sugar + vanilla

The preparation :

In a large salad bowl, pour the semolina + the sugar and mix, then you add the eggs, the Orange Blossom + the oil, the glass of Orange juice and mix all the ingredients, plus the Orange peel grated that you will have taken from the skin of the Oranges where you will have squeezed the juice. You add vanilla sugar or vanilla extract + bitter almond extract and finally the baking powder.

Pour into a large enough mold, preferably rectangular or square that you have oiled. Scatter the pine nuts on the dough or any other dried fruit. To put in the oven moderately hot and reduce the thermostat during cooking, when it is cooked, put an aluminum foil on it and turn off the oven.

Meanwhile make the syrup with the water and the sugar, when you take the cake out of the oven, count 15 minutes (watch the cooking anyway), the syrup will be ready.

Remove from the oven, cut the cake into squares to make square-shaped portions. The best thing is to let the syrup cool before pouring it on the cake, then repeat the operation to separate the portions, while keeping the shape of the cake as a whole. It is preferable to keep the humidity of the soft Harissa to wrap it well before putting it in the refrigerator.

Sweet harissa can only be kept for a few days

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (24th December 2022), Ravenlocke (23rd December 2022), tessie999 (18th February 2024)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,520 times in 9,976 posts

Default Re: Moonsun recipes

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)

Sweet harissa (oriental pastry)

The recipe for "Granny" she asked me to make for dessert "sweet harissa", a Tunisian speciality, a semolina-based cake that she no longer has the energy to make "88 years old". This time I improved the recipe by adding golden sesame with the rest of the pine nuts. I learned that you can also replace with almonds, walnuts… depending on your tastes.

Ingredients :

500 gr of fine semolina found in oriental grocery stores
    150 gr of sugar (the dose was reduced and I opted for brown sugar)
    4 eggs
    2 tablespoons of orange blossom
    1 glass of orange juice (to be made with oranges) + grated orange peel
    2 sachets of vanilla + bitter almond
    1 packet of baking powder (last)

For the Syrup:

1 liter of water
    150 g sugar + vanilla

The preparation :

In a large salad bowl, pour the semolina + the sugar and mix, then you add the eggs, the Orange Blossom + the oil, the glass of Orange juice and mix all the ingredients, plus the Orange peel grated that you will have taken from the skin of the Oranges where you will have squeezed the juice. You add vanilla sugar or vanilla extract + bitter almond extract and finally the baking powder.

Pour into a large enough mold, preferably rectangular or square that you have oiled. Scatter the pine nuts on the dough or any other dried fruit. To put in the oven moderately hot and reduce the thermostat during cooking, when it is cooked, put an aluminum foil on it and turn off the oven.

Meanwhile make the syrup with the water and the sugar, when you take the cake out of the oven, count 15 minutes (watch the cooking anyway), the syrup will be ready.

Remove from the oven, cut the cake into squares to make square-shaped portions. The best thing is to let the syrup cool before pouring it on the cake, then repeat the operation to separate the portions, while keeping the shape of the cake as a whole. It is preferable to keep the humidity of the soft Harissa to wrap it well before putting it in the refrigerator.

Sweet harissa can only be kept for a few days

Hi LuneSoleil
    Thank you for this recipe. It looks delicious and great to have with company. I have made a similar cake with almond flour but I will try this one with semolina as soon as I get some soon.

A couple of questions,

How much baking powder in a sachet, is it like half a teaspoon maybe?

And do you sprinkle sesame seeds on top besides pine nuts before you put the cake in the oven?

Thank you again

Also the pictures for the carrot cake above are not showing or do you have picture for that?
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
    - - - - Emily Elizabeth Dickinson. 🪶💜

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (24th December 2022), Lunesoleil (24th December 2022)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ravenlocke (here)
    Hi LuneSoleil
    Thank you for this recipe. It looks delicious and great to have with company. I have made a similar cake with almond flour but I will try this one with semolina as soon as I get some soon.

A couple of questions,

How much baking powder in a sachet, is it like half a teaspoon maybe?

And do you sprinkle sesame seeds on top besides pine nuts before you put the cake in the oven?

Thank you again

Also the pictures for the carrot cake above are not showing or do you have picture for that?
    For the yeast, I replace it with lemon juice and baking soda, it's not a cake that swells a lot.
    Normally these are pine nuts, but failing that you can put something else according to your imagination and what you have in your closet.
    For the photos of the Carrot Cake with the carrot, they are on Instagram and normally they are accessible by link sharing. I have another photo on my blog, but it is less beautiful.

In the carrot cake follow your intuition, with the carrot put things that give flavor, why not banana?, pear, applesauce, whatever you have on hand and that you like.
    For the yeast, I saw that you can also replace it with yogurt and baking soda, if you don't have any.
    For the semolina, try with the couscous semolina and when you have done it, share the photo, thank you
    Last edited by Lunesoleil; 24th December 2022 at 01:35.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (24th December 2022)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

Eating raw is good for your health, it is a living food that gives energy. I wanted to and I enjoyed myself. Obviously, it's quite a long time to prepare and realize with love, putting the heart into it 💓
    On a shredded bed of red cabbage, then fennel bulb, carrot 🥕 grated, mushrooms, all raw with olive oil + lemon juice 🍋 + a few grains of gray salt and decoration with parsley.
    The presentation requires additional and essential time for the photo 📸

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Harmony (27th February 2023), pueblo (27th February 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks

This dish is really popular lately because I find it so incredibly tasty😍

ABSOLUTELY WORTH TRYING ! !!

Ingredients :

3-4 small or 2 large beets 200g Feta 1-2 tablespoons yogurt Thyme Orange or lemon Nuts Salt, Pepper Olive

Preparation :

Peel the beetroot , cut it into cubes. Spread on a baking tray, add a little olive oil and salt/pepper.

Cook at around 200 degrees. Cook for 20 minutes, cool. Combine the feta, yogurt, thyme, a little orange juice, salt and pepper in a blender.

Add more or less yogurt depending on the desired consistency. Spread the feta dip on a plate, add the cooked beets.

Add chopped walnuts, a few chili flakes and sprinkle with dill. The mega delicious dish is already ready. Serve with a baguette or bread.

Enjoy your meal

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Harmony (19th February 2024), pueblo (18th February 2024), tessie999 (18th February 2024)

+ Reply to Thread