1. Link to Post #81
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,422 times in 554 posts

Default Re: The reincarnation error

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Well, that's a little bit of a clickbait thread title. The concept of reincarnation in itself is no 'error,' and is all very real.

The error is in the significance we sometimes assign to whoever we might have been, or think we might have been, in an earlier life.

Having an imbalance of attention on a prior identity is a symptom of one or both of these two things:
    • An egoic problem (inasmuch as one feels relatively insignificant in the present in some way), and so one harps back to happier (or more powerful/ influential) times as a kind of self-medication to help one feel better about oneself right now.

When that's the case, the remedy is in the present, not in the past.
      To make a kind of joke about this, imagine a cartoon of a guy trying to chat up a girl in a bar. His clothes, his demeanor and his car reveal his true state of wealth. But he's trying to impress her by saying,

"Believe me, I used to have a lot of money once, before I lost it all."

• There may have been 'unfinished business' back than (which can take many different forms), and so our attention 'catches' on that life and we can get kind of 'stuck' on it — just like something major and not quite 'complete' that happened last week or last year in this life, and we keep on thinking about it and wanting to talk about it to anyone who will listen.

That 'unfinished business' may of course consist of unanswered questions that one has about what exactly happened... etc etc etc. The remedy in that case is to seek a high-quality regression therapist and get to the bottom of everything that way.

It doesn't matter who we once were. The only thing that matters is who we are now.

How would we explain your two themes in respect to someone who has clear memories of past lives when he or she is very young? Ego? Unfinished Business? I had mine beginning at age 5.

I had not much of an ego at that point - I was in fact introverted, and no business that I was aware of, unfinished or otherwise, unless you speak of metaphysical business that I as a child was not aware of.

Not slamming your topic, since I appreciate it, I just wished to point out that reincarnation is not easily explained when it manifests in the very young, with very clear and detailed memories, more clear, in fact, than some of the daily events that I participated in.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

aoibhghaire (29th December 2022), Isserley (28th December 2022), onawah (27th December 2022), Peace in Oz (28th December 2022), The KMan (30th December 2022), wondering (27th December 2022)

3. Link to Post #82
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Wait! shut the door! Im only seeing this post today! 1924? Bill your 98? Ok im not good at math but....
    An interesting point, for me anyway, is the time between lives.

I have never done any past life/regression study myself. I have only read from other people's accounts, but I do strongly believe in reincarnation of course. When I consider my life journey I am certain that I must have a number of past lives although I do not feel like "an old soul" as I am sure that some people must be very old connected to this planet alone.

The time between must be quick in this case and I am not insinuating that you are old of course.

But I do wonder - what goes on between lives? Are we waiting for the perfect spot to enter back in?

This is a lot more fun to talk about and theorize than current world events!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

aoibhghaire (29th December 2022), Harmony (29th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (29th December 2022)

5. Link to Post #83
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,577 times in 981 posts

I’ve heard someone spoken of as having already been committed/connected to an incarnation pretty soon after their death. From the mention, I understood a few weeks.

At the other end of the scale, I guess, are people who get really stuck with or to their last ‘life’. Earth bound souls, what we call ghosts. For whatever reason, they don’t or can’t get to processing that life. One I heard of had been burned at the stake, and still felt the flames.

I’m with you on not bothering to find out, seems to me that that inclination would risk unintentional influences.

I’ve pegged different interests, things I’ve identified with through reading or doing or feeling/thoughting, to ideas of past lives. Age of sail, the old west and before that in the same lands. I have to laugh at having loved Tarzan — the books — so much lol.

I was gonna rep my current events, but you said world.. ~8(( 😜

Quote Posted by Patient (here)

An interesting point, for me anyway, is the time between lives.

I have never done any past life/regression study myself. I have only read from other people's accounts, but I do strongly believe in reincarnation of course. When I consider my life journey I am certain that I must have a number of past lives although I do not feel like "an old soul" as I am sure that some people must be very old connected to this planet alone.

The time between must be quick in this case and I am not insinuating that you are old of course.

But I do wonder - what goes on between lives? Are we waiting for the perfect spot to enter back in?

This is a lot more fun to talk about and theorize than current world events!
    Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 30th December 2022 at 03:57.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

aoibhghaire (29th December 2022), Harmony (29th December 2022), Miller (29th December 2022), rgray222 (30th December 2022), The KMan (30th December 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5