+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blockbuster documentary: Harry and Meghan

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,205 times in 3,110 posts

Default Blockbuster documentary: Harry and Meghan

Is this the end of the Royal Family?

I must say the 1st 3 episodes were excellent, the following are apparently are even more damaging…

The Duke of Sussex has appeared to accuse Buckingham Palace of lying to protect his brother Prince William while failing to do the same for him.

A new trailer for the final three episodes of their Netflix documentary, Harry & Meghan, released on Monday, suggests the couple will criticise royal aides for failing to defend them, whilst blaming “institutional gaslighting”.

In it, the Duke says: “They were happy to lie to protect my brother, they were never willing to tell the truth to protect us.”

It is not clear to whom he is referring but his words are accompanied by shots of Buckingham Palace and the young princes walking behind the Duke of Edinburgh’s coffin last year.

However, two different versions of the 90-second clip were released online, one on the Netflix website and one on its YouTube channel.

The clips are identical apart from a variation in the subtitles. Those on the YouTube version match the Duke's words exactly and say “They were happy to protect us.....”

Further reading here…
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...iler-part-two/

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

avid (12th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (13th December 2022), Karen (Geophyz) (13th December 2022), Spiral (12th December 2022)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,781 times in 2,666 posts

Default Re: Blockbuster documentary: Harry and Meghan

Sadly, lots of us care ‘not a jot’ about these publicity seeking folks. All sorts of fiascos happen ‘behind closed doors’
    Just wish it was all over, but the alternative will be worse than Macron, Trudeau, Biden et al… so long live Charles 3, and the Prince and Princess of Wales…
    God help us all in the UK..
    Last edited by avid; 12th December 2022 at 22:13.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Brigantia (13th December 2022), Eric J (Viking) (12th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (13th December 2022), Karen (Geophyz) (13th December 2022), norman (12th December 2022), onawah (12th December 2022), sijohn (13th December 2022), Snoweagle (12th December 2022)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,696 times in 640 posts

I have found all 3 episodes riveting! Meghan may be attention seeking but this is personal for Harry! He is very likeable and charming. Harry described royal correspondents as “an extended PR arm of the Royal Family”. This I find very concerning, he knows it is Fake!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (12th December 2022), Johnnycomelately (13th December 2022), Karen (Geophyz) (13th December 2022)

7. Link to Post #4
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 647 posts

I have Netflix but certainly did and would never watch any 'Royals' show or movie on TV.
    Btw, it is rated down into oblivion by both critics and the public it seems.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/harry_and_meghan

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23900194/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

Brigantia (13th December 2022)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,173 times in 1,357 posts

Sorry, I'm not buying it. You're watching a movie, with all the actors playing their parts.

I've posted about this before but I can't find it to link it, so I'll recap. Meghan is playing a role and is doing exactly what she is supposed to do, to one purpose:

To make Kate Middleton look good.

For anyone who doesn't remember or wasn't following it closely, or at all, Kate was very unpopular in the early years of her marriage. Maybe it was nervousness, but her behaviour was distinctly 'un-royal', with a lot of hysterical laughter and she was panned by the press and disliked by the public. Her family had to retreat into the shadows as they were considered gold diggers and attention seekers.

Over time she has become a lot more dignified, though a major contribution was Meghan's 'bad behaviour' - the shadow cast on Meghan put Kate in a better light. Bear in mind as well that Kate is likely to be a future queen.

The whole 'Markle debacle' has been so over the top that it's not believable; do you not think that someone who had the opportunity to marry into one of the richest and most influential families in the world would at least make the effort to conform, and remain in a life of privilege?

So no, not buying this B movie.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Isserley (13th December 2022)

+ Reply to Thread