+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 4 14 24 LastLast

Thread: The Multipolar World Order (yes, it's coming)

1. Link to Post #61
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Default Re: The Multipolar World Order (yes, it's coming)

Hi Denise, long time we have not talked!

I'm not Bill Ryan but i would like to comment on this a bit, if you don't mind

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    If America falls so does the rest of the free World.
    But America isn't the 'Free World' any more — and neither is Canada, the EU, the UK, Australia or New Zealand. Freedom needs to come from elsewhere now.
    I find it interesting that the world tends to use America as it's compass for everything.
    As a compass yes, but not in the way that it seems, most people who reference the American way, and are not aligned to it, reference it as 'not the way to go' so it does work as a compass, but to point in the opposite direction. There are lots of countries in the world, but only a few follow America. And the ones that don't are exposed as 'brutal regimes'. Look at what's about to happen in Africa. Most top level countries over there are soon to be displayed as 'anti-american' and therefore 'anti-democracy and freedom', but of those, the ones that change their mind and align to the US, will immediately be taken off the list of 'brutal regimes'. It's a very limited set of options for them, Either they become pro-american or they end up like Libya. See?

Quote Because I have not traveled to other countries, I wanted to ask you Bill, does the rest of the world believe that America is the most free, (if there is such a thing anymore) and most advanced nation in the world? And why do they believe this?
    The world that lives outside the bubble doesn't believe America is the most advanced nation in the world, take India for example, it provides a lot, and i mean 'A LOT' of the engineering that the US uses to move forward, so in a true way, it is India who is moving the world forward. The US is paying for the incredible minds that India has produces over the past decades. But even if the US says "Built in America" they miss to say "By Indian Engineers". There's the catch

Quote I am just curious if the rest of the world truly is "behind America" when it comes to personal freedoms, and such. (Meaning they wish they were more like America)... I would hope other nations have similar abilities to walk freely down their streets, work and have a personal life as most Americans have.
    The US has a record of killing more civilians than most 'free' countries in the entire planet, they also have a record of most civilians being in jail than any other country on this planet. And you have a chance to get killed by a cop in the US that goes way beyond any other 'civilized' country once again, in the entire planet. So i don't know how you can be free to walk down the street as you can just check any news channel and there was a shooting at some random school or neighborhood at any time any day. I guess it depends, but in global, you have a greater chance to die in Chicago than in Mexico City, East LA or Shanghai at any time

Quote Of course other things are also considered, but what are the catalysts that make others see America as something "Better"? It just seems to me that if everyone loves (Or hates) America, and what it stands for, then of course the first time they get something wrong, it would also then become the first criticized...
    All the rest of the world, like 80+ percent that doesn't belong to the 'international community' also called 'the west', does not think America is something better, they refuse to accept the meddling and often times they pay for it with a coup and blood of their own citizens. As it has been proven lately by the actions of corrupt governments around Latin America and so on

There is a lot more than America represents, but i can and will tell you this. It's been a long time since your ideals, which i respect much because they align a lot with mine as well, are represented or worked/pushed forward by your government

The US government does not represent the US citizens, since very very long ago

I'm sorry i reply to your comment, but i had to say something

I don't think that America, the one that i respect a lot and see as a kind of ideal place, and like you said, where you can walk down the street with full freedom., exists anymore

If you get stopped by a cop, and you refuse to get searched or ask why or get bothered by it, then you may die. Why? They were afraid for their lives even when they pushed you around, incited and provoked a reaction. But it's within the law so it's fine and your death is not a reason to change anything

Is that freedom? You can't park your broken car outside your home for long or it's against the law, is that freedom? I can park my car outside my home until it rots to hell, no one will ask. It is my home and it is my car. You can't, this is your freedom vs my version of freedom

I can have my home remodeled and add a second floor at any time i want, or completely tear down the house and build a new one inside my land, and i won't pay anyone for it, as i will do it on my own hiring private company or people and can you do that in your neighborhood?

What is 'freedom' then?

Let your garden grow potatoes and carrots and lemons and plant a tree with oranges and then gather rain water, can you disconnect from the electric line while having kids? Or you will get visited by the gov to check what's going on? Pay a ticket for that or risk getting your kids getting taken away if you disconnect from electric and water?

I can do all of that without any repercussions, and i don't have any debt to the gov because of it

What is freedom again?

ETA: Adding this, because this is what freedom means to me, in general

I can walk to any place around my town, and every block or so there is one of this

I can get a truck over there and fill tons of gallons of water and then take them home, and these are free. This is what 'freedom' means for me. I don't need to pay for clean water

People does check with a small test device is the water is not pure or clean enough for drinking, but otherwise you can fix that with some pills or other means. The thing is, the water was completely free and you take any amount you want and then go home

For me, that's what 'freedom' means. You still have water at home in the pipes, but if that goes out or if you go into the mountains or on a long trip and want to gather water into bottles or similar, then you get better pressure from those faucets than from the home ones, and then you go on to your trip. Also if you want to cut off the water from the water company just do it and then you can go every day or two and fill in water from those faucets for free and no one will bother to ask or complain, not even the cops. It's there for you to take as you need

I saw this about some towns in the US, how is this even reasonable? We live in very different worlds. I think i said that before, and i'm not being arrogant about it or anything like that, it's just how things are

Just watch this, how can this be acceptable? I get pure water from a random pipe "for free" (paid by everyone's taxes, as expected), but these people pay for water monthly and can't even get reasonable drinking water at home? What is this?
    Last edited by Mashika; 14th January 2023 at 18:35.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th January 2023), drneglector (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (14th January 2023), Ewan (14th January 2023), Hym (14th January 2023), Matthew (14th January 2023), Miller (16th January 2023), Peace in Oz (16th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), pueblo (14th January 2023), Reinhard (14th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Tintin (15th January 2023), Vicus (14th January 2023), Violet3 (15th January 2023)

3. Link to Post #62
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

There is a reason songs like this exist, but most people forget about them in the very short term, all the time

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th January 2023), drneglector (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (14th January 2023), Ewan (14th January 2023), Hym (14th January 2023), Ioneo (15th January 2023), Matthew (14th January 2023), Miller (16th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), pueblo (14th January 2023), Reinhard (14th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Tintin (15th January 2023), Violet3 (15th January 2023)

5. Link to Post #63
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

And Grand Masta Coolio also had this to say, and nothing changed as well, regardless of how strong his message was. There is not real 'Freedom' in America since very long ago

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th January 2023), drneglector (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (14th January 2023), Ewan (14th January 2023), Hym (14th January 2023), Matthew (14th January 2023), Miller (16th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), pueblo (14th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Tintin (15th January 2023)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,052 times in 911 posts

I'll add some to what Masha has so accurately noted about the illusion of freedoms here in the states.

Here the administrative, bureaucratic state rules by making regulations without any real oversight by anyone that has been elected to represent us, the common folk who actually love to work, to protect us against the truly unconstitutional imposition of those often unnecessary local and state charges. As such, bureaucracies gather fees for doing those things that in other countries are free, as they should be.

That is a marriage of local, state and federal governments with the politicians who write laws giving those same governing bodies the open and uncontested opportunity to impose fines and foreclosures, stealing properties without much chance of a single citizen having real recourse.
    It is open fascism.

Not to be missed is that the Congress itself looks every day at the open symbols of fascism on the back wall of its main hall in the House Assembly, where there are two pillars of bundled sticks, often with an axe, supposedly representing the old Roman symbols of united governance. Interpret that according to your knowledge of history, but be sure that intentional or not, all small businessmen and landowners in the country have experienced the harsh hand of amoral administrative corporatism and entrenched slavery that the fasces warn them of.

Be assured that every supposed liberally governed state in the country, called Blue states, are anti-small business, with entrenched administrations that impose regulations, licensure, and taxes that cripple any singular, hard working and honest, self-employed business from freely exercising their inalienable right to be self sufficient and productive members of any community, always adding to the empowerment of those who really work for a living.....whose businesses relieve the taxpayer supported governments of the burdens intentionally created by the welfare state. The distance between totalitarian feudalism in the states, united in discord alone, and those countries stripped of their resources and long lost self sufficiencies, is the illusion in the west that freedom exists in either place. It's pay back time here.

One of the main goals of the globalist plans of the last 3 years, as well as the decades of years past that habituated the society to acceptance of its immoral intrusions, was to cripple, bankrupt and destroy hundreds of thousands of small businesses, in order that those very large, politically connected businesses could dominate the lives of millions. These times are in-your-face slavery that even on the surface of it runs contrary to protecting the public. In no way does it make sense to keep large chain stores open where the exposure to any airborne illness, real or not, more dangerous or not, is many times higher than being a customer at any small business....but no one was loud enough to be heard pointing out the b.s. that excuse represented.

In the west there is a symbol of making dreams come true. It is called a Dream Catcher. If you look close at it, in those few places where it represents the theft of long cherished and hard earned realization of dreams, there is a skull, much like the symbol of the private intel company called Craft, representing the occult craft of the evil that is paid to carry out the dirty deeds of globalists, deeds never done dirt cheap. In reality it is the thief of lives, of dreams, of worthy cause and healthy outcomes.

It is not a wonder to western businessmen when doing business in supposedly 2nd and 3rd world countries that they regularly include payouts to local administrators as part of doing business. It is out in the open, whereas in the states the corruption is hidden in 'fees' and 'assessments', fines and court ordered property seizures, exposing the dark side of the collusion between lawmakers, the corporations they serve, and the judiciary that rarely interprets the precepts and codes written into law, all meant to strengthen the moral intent of their existence.
    Last edited by Hym; 14th January 2023 at 19:47.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th January 2023), drneglector (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (14th January 2023), Ewan (14th January 2023), Mashika (14th January 2023), Peace in Oz (16th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), Reinhard (14th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Tintin (15th January 2023), Violet3 (15th January 2023)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,541 times in 2,211 posts

Whatever about multipolar, the world at the moment feels distinctly bipolar.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (14th January 2023), Ewan (14th January 2023), Hym (14th January 2023), Mashika (14th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Tintin (15th January 2023), Violet3 (15th January 2023)

11. Link to Post #66
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

Sure.
    No one likes America or the west.
    That's why every country in the world is represented at the USA's open southern border, trying to get in.

This proves that: even the illusion of freedom is better than the reality of oppression.

That pretty much sums up the human condition at this time.
    Humanity's motto could be said to be: Fake it 'till you make it.
    Problem is we forgot to 'make it' because we're too busy 'faking it'.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Arcturian108 (15th January 2023), Bill Ryan (14th January 2023), drneglector (15th January 2023), Ewan (14th January 2023), Hym (14th January 2023), Mashika (14th January 2023), Moss Rose (14th January 2023), Peace in Oz (16th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), Reinhard (14th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Tintin (15th January 2023), Violet3 (15th January 2023)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,220 times in 32,907 posts

Because I have not traveled to other countries, I wanted to ask you Bill, does the rest of the world believe that America is the most free, (if there is such a thing anymore) and most advanced nation in the world? And why do they believe this?
    I really can't add much at all to Mashika's detailed, highly insightful, and laser-accurate post #61 above.

But one other factor is Hollywood: propaganda across the years from John Wayne to Clint Eastwood to Superman to Rambo to Die Hard to Jason Bourne to Tom Cruise to Captain America. (We might between us assemble a very long list of fictional American heroes, the key word there being fictional. )

These kinds of movies are dubbed in dozens of languages and showcased all over the world, including widely in Africa, Latin America and South-East Asia. One has to very strongly suspect, knowing what we do about CIA involvement in Hollywood, that all this is part of a multifaceted decades-long strategy to hard-sell America globally as the world's only source of freedom-promoting heroes.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 14th January 2023 at 23:48.

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Arcturian108 (15th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (15th January 2023), drneglector (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (15th January 2023), Ewan (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), kudzy (15th January 2023), Mashika (15th January 2023), Peace in Oz (16th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Tintin (15th January 2023), Vicus (15th January 2023), Violet3 (15th January 2023), Yoda (15th January 2023)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,932 times in 428 posts

I would just like to add here that when I was growing up, in elementary school (90s) we had only one fat kid in the class, we called him Amer. Go figure.
    Today, the situation is different and there are many more obese children because of smartphones, etc., but that's another topic.

I want to say that America was already a bad role model for us as children. Sometimes I am disgusted by the fact that all of us who live in small banana countries must speak English already in kindergarten, otherwise life will be difficult for us, we will not be able to get an education or find a job.
    My parents' generation was taught Russian and Cyrillic in school, today this is obviously not the case.

Talking about anglosaxon mission completed..
    Last edited by Isserley; 15th January 2023 at 08:08.
    Is every mind connected to form a peer to peer network that creates the illusion of a shared reality, making the appearance of material reality a simulation created through shared beliefs?

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (15th January 2023), Ewan (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Mashika (15th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Tintin (15th January 2023)

17. Link to Post #69
    Australia Avalon Member Violet3's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,391 times in 237 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    And Grand Masta Coolio also had this to say, and nothing changed as well, regardless of how strong his message was. There is not real 'Freedom' in America since very long ago

Yes, wonderful song, and those perfectly telescoped words sum it up: 'Gangster's Paradise', opposite of 'Land of the Free'. People fell in love with the very powerful propoganda and the image, confusing 'freedom' with coca cola and the trappings of outward material wealth. Even the gangsta wars became glamorised.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Violet3 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Mashika (15th January 2023), Matthew (15th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), Reinhard (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Vicus (15th January 2023), wegge (15th January 2023)

19. Link to Post #70
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I like TOM LUONGO take on the current state of geopolitics. Namely, the big picture is that there is a struggle between 2 factions in the West over who will rule the world and control capital.
    1. The old European banking cartel, the E.U.and their stooges ( WEF, Soros, Christine lagarde etc) who are engineering that the centre of control is to be the United Nations. By extension thiey mean to break up the United States and subjugate them.
    2. The Federal Reserve (a private bank) backed by powerful U.S banks e.g. JP Morgon et al, DO NOT want to submit to the Davos group ( Jamie Dimon did not attend Davos).

Geopolitics is a boardgame, each placing their pieces to weaken their opponent...... The Fed is raising interest rates primarily to weaken and break European power, crush the Euro.
    The Europeans ( this includes the spider in the web, the City of London) is encouraging a BIG war to bring the US into the picture forcing it to spend, spend, spend.... this they hope will break the Fed's power over money markets.

The Global South meanwhile waits patienly.
    Last edited by Applesprig; 15th January 2023 at 14:41. Reason: Spelling

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Applesprig For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Mashika (15th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), Reinhard (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), wegge (15th January 2023)

21. Link to Post #71
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

As far as the freedom or 'perception of freedom' i think one main item to consider is this. When you are living on a country and are very immersed into that way of living, you mostly can't see the flaws of the system in which you grew up, everything makes sense and seems natural

I moved out of Russia when i was around 14, but i have been full time out of Russia for 8 years now, i lived in Japan, then Ukraine, in the Donbass and in particular in Luhansk, but i have also lived in Donetsk region and then moved Mexico, and i went to stay in Spain and then other Latin American countries, and Cuba before finally living full time in Mexico. I've been in lots of places and once i returned to Russia i could see it all from a very different perspective. Some things did not made any sense, while some did still and some customs were unnatural for me, even if in the past i would have not even registered that it did not made any sense to do things the way they were done

It was sobering, my country was not perfect, it was very flawed and some of the things people did as a day by day thing, i found laughable and backwards. I wasn't in love with everything anymore

My perception of what freedom is, differs a lot from what other people consider freedom. I can see that in several ways Russia has a lot more freedom than the US, for example i learned there's some kind of rules of how many inches you must park your car away from the curb and you get a ticket if you parked too far or too close. This is something i found ridiculous and beyond authoritarian. Imagine that, cops going through the streets looking for cars that may be parked too close to the curb. It's hilarious, ridiculous and more in my eyes, but i don't think people who live in places where that rule is applied see it the way i see it. I also see how cops can kill you on the US for anything, even inside your home, they are trigger happy and then mostly never anything happens to them, i find that shocking

In Russia, i have found that you can insult cops, talk to them as regular people and ignore their "authority" if you want as long as you have not done already anything that is considered a crime, but i found that in other countries, including the US, if you look at cops too much or make eye contact, they may get uneasy or look back and try to figure out if you are acting odd or something, and then you may be stopped and questioned

I had friends in Russia get into a fist fight with a cop and beating the hell out of the guy, then just get up and move away from the location, the cop didn't request for 100 officers to come help, he accepted defeat and moved on, in the US my friend would be dead. So i don't know if that counts as 'freedom' but it does seem to me that at least is 'more fair' than getting jumped on by 100 cops and then killed for 'resisting arrest' while all you wanted to do was to breath or trying to cover against the thousand fists hitting you in the face, because you know, there's that thing "Survival Instinct" that pushes you to use your hands to try and avoid harm, but the cops, for some reason, expect you to just lie down and accept the beating of your life and be thankful you didn't get shot

That doesn't make any sense to me, that's not freedom, in my eyes. It's an oppressive system and much more. You may end up on the wrong side of things by a swat team just because, or get shot because you didn't understood the confusing directions shouted at you at the same time by 3 separate cops all screaming their throats out at you in an hysterical manner, instead of calmly talking to you

So i don't know, the word freedom or the word 'rights' seems to depend a lot on ways of life, i suppose a lot of people may think that Russia is an uncivilized nation because you can get into a fist fight with a cop and no one will interfere and let the two persons handle the fight and whoever gets defeated has to deal with it, like adults. And then laying down and accepting a beating from 20 cops all stacked up on top of you like brutal hyenas is considered being civil? What is respect for authority? Is that how you feel safe and a sign of freedom?

Being able to defend yourself from another person who is trying to harm you is, and should be considered a right, regardless of who the other person's title is. If you can't chose to defend yourself from a person who is trying to beat you up, even if it's a cop, then you have no real freedom or rights, it's a simulation and you may die under their hands because you refused to accept the abuse. That's how i see it, and i understand that my way may seem brutal or uncivilized, but i can tell you that cops around here know they can't just show up in group and try to beat up some guy like they do in the US, they refrain from that abuse of power because they do know they may end up being the ones getting the beating of their lives. It keeps them sober away from the power trip

So freedom and rights are really not a global, equally understood concept, it depends a lot on ways of life, customs and other aspects of where you are, the culture and many more things. It's a very difficult concept to describe

Also that kind of rule that if a person challenges you into a fight and you accept, then it is a fight between you two, no one should interfere, regardless of who the person may be, a cop or military, if the cop loses they will have to go home and treat their harmed ego back into health, and accept they just were unable to win. They will not shoot you to death out of hurt ego or pride, or power trip

This applies for a lot of other cases too, and i suppose it does look brutal from a western perspective, like a lawless nation of sorts, no law, no respect for the authority and so on, but from my point of view, i just see it as something that is fair
    Last edited by Mashika; 15th January 2023 at 14:13.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (15th January 2023), drneglector (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Isserley (15th January 2023), Orph (15th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), Reinhard (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Vicus (15th January 2023)

23. Link to Post #72
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

And that same mentality, that way of being, you can see it applied at a higher level in the Ukraine vs Russia war

Because think about it, it is Russia against a bunch of nations all piling on top and trying to harm in all possible ways, like rabid hyenas, and Russia takes it and pushed back without asking for help from anyone

Is it fair that a group of nations pile up like that on top of a single nation? It's the same approach as the bunch of cops piling up on top of a defenseless person and beating the hell up of the guy, then accusing him of resisting arrest or not being compliant

I see that as very unfair and as against normal civilized behavior, acting like a pack of hyenas is not civilized. It does show up as a cultural issue, in both domestic ways and at international level

Leaders of other nations (not NATO) do see this and they don't like it, they know they danger of the pack of hyenas coming their way if they are not compliant, so they are preemptively acting on it, because they know that eventually it will be their turn. This is why lots of countries around the world are now pushing hard for the multipolar world, because there's no other way at this time. You have to ensure the pack of hyenas won't be able to come and attack you while in the open, and the only way to do that is to also have a pack of your own, otherwise it's you against a 100 rabid hyenas trying to eat your insides

That's how it is, not how it should be, if the world was fair, but how it is in reality, unfair and brutal

Ask the people of Yugoslavia, how did they do when the pack of hyenas came? Oh we can't, they are dead now
    Last edited by Mashika; 15th January 2023 at 14:26.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (15th January 2023), drneglector (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Isserley (15th January 2023), Orph (15th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), Reinhard (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Vicus (15th January 2023)

25. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Ask the people of Yugoslavia, how did they do when the pack of hyenas came? Oh we can't, they are dead now
    Some ar still alive with fine memory

Good question. I was born in Yugoslavia until it broke due to the gruesome war in 1991. I spent my first years of school in a shelter and not in school.
    Almost everyone older than me claims that life was better in Yugoslavia because Tito maintained this communist country well, one could live comfortably and this ideology of the "non-aligned movement" went well.
    But after the breakup, war-torn newly created countries still have not recovered from the corruption, privatization and transition to democracy to this day.
    But we have democracy now and membership in the EU
    Last edited by Isserley; 15th January 2023 at 15:12.
    Is every mind connected to form a peer to peer network that creates the illusion of a shared reality, making the appearance of material reality a simulation created through shared beliefs?

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (15th January 2023), drneglector (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Mashika (15th January 2023), Orph (15th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), Reinhard (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Vicus (15th January 2023)

27. Link to Post #74
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Isserley (here)
    Some ar still alive with fine memory

Good question. I was born in Yugoslavia until it broke due to the gruesome war in 1991. I spent my first years of school in a shelter and not in school.
    Almost everyone older than me claims that life was better in Yugoslavia because Tito maintained this communist country well, one could live comfortably and this ideology of the "non-aligned movement" went well.
    But after the breakup, war-torn newly created countries still have not recovered from the corruption, privatization and transition to democracy to this day.
    Very similar to how Donbass kids experienced their first years, also in underground shelters and basements, and not in school. The pattern repeats almost in an identical way in every single place touched by that group of nations

I remember reading about it all, and how hundreds of thousands died and possibly much more after over the next decades, as side effects killed slowly. Is there anyone paying for those crimes against humanity? Nope

I also have several 'Yugo' Ak-47 rifles, when i asked why these were called "Yugos' if they were AK-47 (Made by Russia) it was explained to me in short words "There was a country named Yugoslavia that made these"

And then you learn about it and what happen, i don't think a lot of people realize the shocking nature of figuring out that kind of stuff, it opens your eyes to a different reality than the one you thought you knew for certain

The words "There was a country' still kind of have an effect on me, you get to not know the full truth at the time but the thought remains "but... what happened to them?"

Quote But we have democracy now and membership in the EU
    lmao, i don't know how to feel about that. It's almost comical, in a very tragic way
    Last edited by Mashika; 15th January 2023 at 15:27.

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

29. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

I also have several 'Yugo' Ak-47 rifles, when i asked why these were called "Yugos' if they were AK-47 (Made by Russia) it was explained to me in short words "There was a country named Yugoslavia that made these"
    Ha, interesting.
    The Yugo was also a car that was produced in YU..

It was exported all over the world, I even saw it in Hollywood movies. A cult car. Thy used to produce a lot of stuff here and now only fog (political narrative) is produced.
    Yugoslavia was a self-sufficient country and this is not recommended in today's world.
    Neither self-sufficient individuals nor countries.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Mashika (15th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), Reinhard (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Vicus (15th January 2023)

31. Link to Post #76
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Ha, interesting.

It was exported all over the world, I even saw it in Hollywood movies. A cult car. Thy used to produce a lot of stuff here and now only fog (political narrative) is produced.
    Yugoslavia was a self-sufficient country and this is not recommended in today's world.
    Oh i remember seeing similar cars, don't know about that car, but a lot of other stuff from Yugoslavia was very sturdy, like made out of adamantium lmao

We had a joke that if you were running with a Yugo AK you should be careful not to fall or drop it hard on the floor, because the pavement is going to break apart.....
    Last edited by Mashika; 15th January 2023 at 15:42.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Isserley (15th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), Reinhard (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), Vicus (15th January 2023)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Ha, interesting.

Oh i remember seeing similar cars, don't know about that car, but a lot of other stuff from Yugoslavia was very sturdy, like made out of adamantium lmao

We had a joke that if you were running with a Yugo AK you should be careful not to fall or drop it hard on the floor, because the pavement is going to break apart.....
    Hahaa

I have heard similar sayings about Russian products - Lada cars for example. Indestructible. There is no more stuff like that unfortunately.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Mashika (15th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), Reinhard (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Vicus (15th January 2023)

35. Link to Post #78
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

So very true, it has to be a "we all share the same weight together or you are out of the club"

As in the concept that if everyone is part of it, then the group becomes stronger than a single individual could be

The problem with that is that once more, it forms a power structure in which some lead and are more powerful and make the choices, and the others have to follow through or end up in the wrong side of things. Any power structure like that eventually gets corrupted once the individual goals do not align with what the one at the top has as their main goal

We see that repeating all over history, until the ones below do something about it and regain control of their own will and future, self determination. Then history repeats again

It has never been balanced correctly, and i wonder if that's even possible because of how human nature works. I guess we may get to see soon enough

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Isserley (15th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), Reinhard (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Vicus (15th January 2023), Yoda (15th January 2023)

37. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 times in 1,695 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Because I have not traveled to other countries, I wanted to ask you Bill, does the rest of the world believe that America is the most free, (if there is such a thing anymore) and most advanced nation in the world? And why do they believe this?
    I really can't add much at all to Mashika's detailed, highly insightful, and laser-accurate post #61 above.

But one other factor is Hollywood: propaganda across the years from John Wayne to Clint Eastwood to Superman to Rambo to Die Hard to Jason Bourne to Tom Cruise to Captain America. (We might between us assemble a very long list of fictional American heroes, the key word there being fictional. )

These kinds of movies are dubbed in dozens of languages and showcased all over the world, including widely in Africa, Latin America and South-East Asia. One has to very strongly suspect, knowing what we do about CIA involvement in Hollywood, that all this is part of a multifaceted decades-long strategy to hard-sell America globally as the world's only source of freedom-promoting heroes.
    i would have to agree that Hollywood has fictionalized what the average "American" is, or how they behave... Sadly most see the television, and believe that this is a true snapshot of an entire nation... Thank You for noting that the media, whether television, the movie industry, or the intelligence agencies have played a large part in the perceptions of others, of what Americans are "Like".

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), Mashika (15th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), Vicus (15th January 2023)

39. Link to Post #80
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th January 2023), Ernie Nemeth (15th January 2023), Hym (15th January 2023), mountain_jim (16th January 2023), Peace in Oz (16th January 2023), pounamuknight (15th January 2023), shaberon (16th January 2023), The KMan (6th March 2023), Vicus (15th January 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 4 14 24 LastLast