Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My High Pitched Internal Friend /

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

Default Re: My High Pitched Internal Friend /

In my twenties I had a pile-driving job where a one ton steel pump slammed down
    steel on steel a foot from my head. Since then I have had tinnitus ringing in both ears.
    It is so constant that I am not aware of it most of the time.

For some reason it seems to be louder at times. I have read and heard about something
    that can be used to stop hearing the sound but I don't want to wear something like that.

My hearing is excellant but I'm very sensitive to noise pollution. It really bothers me
    when most people around me don't like the noise but say they get used to it or don't
    hear it conciously.

To me there is no such thing as perfect silence. Where I live now I sometimes would have
    almost absolute silence if it was not for the ringing in my ears.
    Last edited by East Sun; 21st December 2022 at 14:26.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

earthdreamer (22nd December 2022), Harmony (22nd December 2022), Ivanhoe (22nd December 2022), Mari (21st December 2022), RatRodRob...RRR (22nd December 2022), RunningDeer (22nd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (13th May 2023), thepainterdoug (21st December 2022), wondering (21st December 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by jc71 (here)
    I reckon my sound is around 3,961Hz.

https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

JC

(edit: Or is it 7,949Hz. Hard to pinpoint it...)
    Oh, the high pitched sound I "hear" (it's just present) according to the link above, is around 13000Hz, it hasn't changed in all the years I have paid attention to it nor is it unpleasant or disruptive thus it's not Tinnitus eh ?

In any case I had a hearing test not so long ago which didn't raise any concerns ...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Harmony (22nd December 2022), Mari (21st December 2022), RunningDeer (22nd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (21st December 2022), thepainterdoug (21st December 2022), wondering (21st December 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,268 times in 3,170 posts

yes 3961 hits the mark

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Harmony (22nd December 2022), Mari (21st December 2022), RunningDeer (22nd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (21st December 2022), wondering (22nd December 2022)

7. Link to Post #24
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,358 times in 677 posts

Yeah, I've had this forever. I've also had tinnitus and know the difference between the two. It's especially 'loud' as soon as I wake up, but kind of 'disappears' as I start the day, I get used to it so don't notice it anymore. I've read that these sounds are spirit guidance/celestial tones and I resonate with that. I also hear it at certain times when I feel I need to 'pay attention' to something, and that it's guidance ...wherever it may come from.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

earthdreamer (22nd December 2022), Harmony (22nd December 2022), RunningDeer (22nd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (21st December 2022), thepainterdoug (21st December 2022), wondering (22nd December 2022)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,963 times in 3,473 posts

Yup, I've got it too. I never really noticed it until about 7 years ago. I told a friend about it (who had tinnitus) and he seemed to think I was mentally ill and ended our friendship (because of this and other more "weird" things I embraced) so I really haven't told anyone about it, nor do I think about it all that much. Frankly, I don't think about it much anymore - it is just "there" and once in a while the "volume" changes. It also seems to be two pitches, both a fourth (musical interval) from each other and it's hard to pinpoint on the piano even though I am a musician, but it is not a "C" or "E" as you have it. Perhaps the pitch changes slightly.

I had been thinking that the pitch was slightly disconcerting. I kept asking myself: is it related to EMF or from a cell phone tower or is there a CIA van outside beaming something into my house ? I never found any good answers as to why. Knowing that so many of you are comforted by it, well, maybe I should be too.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

earthdreamer (22nd December 2022), Harmony (22nd December 2022), RunningDeer (22nd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (22nd December 2022), thepainterdoug (22nd December 2022), wondering (22nd December 2022)

11. Link to Post #26
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,280 times in 2,100 posts

When it becomes annoying, I just turn up the music.

I like it though, when it seems to go from being in the centre and morphs only to the right ear...then it tapers off sometimes and eventually returns to the centre.

Anyone else experience this change? Is it due to air pressure from weather perhaps?

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

earthdreamer (22nd December 2022), Harmony (22nd December 2022), Kryztian (22nd December 2022), RunningDeer (22nd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (22nd December 2022), thepainterdoug (22nd December 2022), wondering (22nd December 2022)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member earthdreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I think thought affects perceptions of frequencies among myriad physical influences. There are so many EMF signals emanating from everything compounded by radio waves, invisible resonance and noise. I find it difficult to distinguish externally driven frequencies from internally generated consciousness. I am definitely affected more at night by electric lamps and electronics so that my brain feels wired. I too get a pressurized sensation at odd times, like a tone goes off in one ear and then a rather deafening pressure wave akin to being underwater (which I also have internalized with some sort of spiritual significance like dimensional signaling, a moment in which to heighten awareness). Today I experienced some relief from the high pitch while sitting close to a babbling stream, I think water is universally soothing. Listening to music and conversing with people seems to diminish the frequency intensity perhaps by the change of internal focus. Solitude seems to intensify the awareness of frequencies and that is where thought seems to be audibly shifting.

There might be all kinds of “scientific” explanations but personal testimony helps bridge human mystery in a more revelatory way, honest. Yes there are a slew of wonderfully enlightening theories about frequencies, manifest reality, consensus patterns of light and sound, individual and collective consciousness of which we learn (and forget!) .....( sorry I ramble). I imagine that the inner frequencies we hear, feel, experience relate to every other universal internally existing being of consciousness and those frequencies, waves, vortices intersect externally to creation itself. Like a friend? A friend is as true as one’s own flawed understanding of oneself.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to earthdreamer For This Post:

Harmony (22nd December 2022), RunningDeer (22nd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (22nd December 2022), thepainterdoug (22nd December 2022), wondering (22nd December 2022)

15. Link to Post #28
    Australia Avalon Member RatRodRob...RRR's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,881 times in 251 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    I have for as long as I can remember, an elusive ever present high pitch that plays in my head.  It's actually hard to locate. It's in both ears, yet not in my ears.

I have found its pitch best I can on the piano at E.   bing..  
    The second one above middle C.It's not singular but in harmonies of itself.  Like a chorus of crickets at a far distance.

Tinnitus can drive people crazy but I love this companion.  If it ever stopped, I'd feel disappointed. 

It's hard to describe. its close yet far, It's sweet, and reminds me of taking your fingernail and striking a nice thin wine glass gently just so it pings.

It's never not there. I concentrate on it mainly at night while ready to sleep. It gently wavers as if a bedsheet on a clothesline on a breezy day

ok a little crazy, but does anyone have something similar?
    Me too Dougy, and i cant remember not having it.
    I agree, its like 3 or more high pitched sounds of the same note playing simultaneously.
    It also reminds me of a clock in our house, most times i dont notice the tic tic tic, but when i do notice it, i cant get rid of it, my tinnitus is like that too, mostly i dont hear it but when i do i cant get rid of it, its not a prob though, sometimes i just wonder if i can stop it, but i cant.

But my tinnitus doesnt bother me like a clock ticking, i think of it as "White Noise".

If your trying to sleep and you can hear the clock ticking, each tick you hear (one every second) alerts your brain, but with my tinnitus its just one constant high pitched noise, like a choir all singing the same high note, my brain relaxes cause its not constantly being bombarded with a new sound every second.

Ive only just got into "White Noise" and its sooo relaxing, when my two sons were boys, they both liked the sound of the fan going on a hot night, it was one constant sound and drowns out a distant dog barking or traffic near by.

RRR
    The more people i met, the more i liked my dog.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RatRodRob...RRR For This Post:

earthdreamer (24th January 2023), Harmony (22nd December 2022), Kryztian (22nd December 2022), RunningDeer (22nd December 2022), Spiral (22nd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (13th May 2023), thepainterdoug (22nd December 2022), wondering (22nd December 2022)

17. Link to Post #29
    Australia Avalon Member RatRodRob...RRR's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,881 times in 251 posts

Quote Posted by earthdreamer (here)
    I think thought affects perceptions of frequencies among myriad physical influences. There are so many EMF signals emanating from everything compounded by radio waves, invisible resonance and noise. I find it difficult to distinguish externally driven frequencies from internally generated consciousness. I am definitely affected more at night by electric lamps and electronics so that my brain feels wired. I too get a pressurized sensation at odd times, like a tone goes off in one ear and then a rather deafening pressure wave akin to being underwater (which I also have internalized with some sort of spiritual significance like dimensional signaling, a moment in which to heighten awareness). Today I experienced some relief from the high pitch while sitting close to a babbling stream, I think water is universally soothing. Listening to music and conversing with people seems to diminish the frequency intensity perhaps by the change of internal focus. Solitude seems to intensify the awareness of frequencies and that is where thought seems to be audibly shifting.

There might be all kinds of “scientific” explanations but personal testimony helps bridge human mystery in a more revelatory way, honest. Yes there are a slew of wonderfully enlightening theories about frequencies, manifest reality, consensus patterns of light and sound, individual and collective consciousness of which we learn (and forget!) .....( sorry I ramble). I imagine that the inner frequencies we hear, feel, experience relate to every other universal internally existing being of consciousness and those frequencies, waves, vortices intersect externally to creation itself. Like a friend? A friend is as true as one’s own flawed understanding of oneself.
    Im also aware that our airways are absolutely bombarded with electronic waves, frequencies, signals, etc and it has all got to interfere somehow to all the flora and fauna, some even suggest that our oceans become polluted with sounds of submarines ships and under water cables, this is said to be the reason why certain ocean dwellers beach themselves from interference to their navigation abilities (lay mans explanation lol).

I used to think that tinnitus had only been around for 50 or so yrs, since electronics have been around, but i remember my Dad saying he had severe tinnitus when he was a teen, my Dad was around when there was almost no automobils, fridges, TVs, Radios, mob phones, etc etc so im not sure if the modern electric world is the guilty party for most of this

RRR
    The more people i met, the more i liked my dog.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RatRodRob...RRR For This Post:

earthdreamer (24th January 2023), Eva2 (13th May 2023), Harmony (22nd December 2022), RunningDeer (22nd December 2022), Spiral (22nd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (22nd December 2022), thepainterdoug (22nd December 2022), wondering (22nd December 2022)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

concert pitch A, dancing around 432 Hz, right ear, since 1994.

Basically sounds like someone toning "aaaahhh" through an endless tube. Sometimes changes timbre.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

earthdreamer (24th January 2023), Harmony (22nd December 2022), Peace in Oz (24th December 2022), RatRodRob...RRR (23rd December 2022), RunningDeer (22nd December 2022), Spiral (22nd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (22nd December 2022), thepainterdoug (22nd December 2022), wondering (22nd December 2022)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

I agree at times it’s our eternal families reaching out. Also my understanding of the loud pitch noise is it’s data/knowledge coming through. As we adjust to the new epoch, we’ll be able to decipher it. In the meantime, we’ll gradually develop our inner senses and have access to knowledge without the firewalls.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

earthdreamer (24th January 2023), Harmony (22nd December 2022), Kryztian (22nd December 2022), Peace in Oz (24th December 2022), Spiral (22nd December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (22nd December 2022), thepainterdoug (22nd December 2022), wondering (22nd December 2022)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

I have noticed my internal ringing friend has recently raised into a finer more whispering quality. Not as loud, somewhat sweeter.

anyone else?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Casey Claar (10th February 2023), Eva2 (15th May 2023), Harmony (15th May 2023), Kryztian (10th February 2023), Seeclearly (10th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (13th May 2023)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,963 times in 3,473 posts

It feels kind of peaceful today, as if it is giving my body the vibes it needs. Two or three days ago, it felt alarmingly "loud" - noticeable, but yet if I listened to something else, I would not notice it.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Casey Claar (10th February 2023), Harmony (15th May 2023), Sue (Ayt) (13th May 2023), thepainterdoug (10th February 2023)

27. Link to Post #34
    England Avalon Member Seeclearly's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,199 times in 231 posts

Goodness this is a reassuring thread to read. I've had it for maybe 5 years or so .I would definitely rather not have it but has it is sometimes very quiet it's not such of a problem. I do have the occasional high pitch constant tone lasting around 30 seconds that I think RunningDeer mentioned. I also have read that it's related to incoming data . Could be I don't know but it's certainly grabs my attention when it happens .
    As to the main culprit it's gone from loud to quiet just whilst I wrote this

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seeclearly For This Post:

Casey Claar (10th February 2023), earthdreamer (23rd February 2023), Harmony (15th May 2023), Sue (Ayt) (13th May 2023), thepainterdoug (10th February 2023), wondering (15th May 2023)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,803 times in 2,559 posts

I have had constant intermittent white noise in my ears/head for a long time and it is now constant, with me all the time. I worry it may be related to shedding or nano tech of some sort (hopefully not the self assembling kind). I don't consider it a ringing noise but just a continuous white noise and I'm not sure how to feel about it, worried it might be related in some way to technology. I wonder if more people are feeling this now. My eyes are getting blurry and I'm experiencing double vision a lot and I'm becoming increasingly forgetful - it could be age or maybe something else. I still see things but on the upside I do have a sort of feeling that the "energy" in my home is somewhat lighter, like a lot of darkish, heavy stuff is no longer there (which could have something to do with a device I recently purchased)?

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Harmony (15th May 2023), Kryztian (14th May 2023), Seeclearly (13th May 2023), Sue (Ayt) (13th May 2023), thepainterdoug (13th May 2023), wondering (15th May 2023)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

EVA 2. I have all you stated, not to mention my hearing on the cusp as well. My ringing, the crickets, seem to have raised in pitch and close to a white noise thing now

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Eva2 (13th May 2023), Harmony (15th May 2023), Kryztian (14th May 2023), Seeclearly (13th May 2023), Sue (Ayt) (13th May 2023)

33. Link to Post #37
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Look how much you care!

Look how you love your body. Look how much you are willing to sacrifice for its continuity.

Do you love your immortal soul as much? Your God? Can you give just a little of your concern to your lack of trust?
    Is God a fool? Are you?

Do you just pay lip service to your little god, understanding that it is entirely up to you?
    It is not.
    Trust in your God!

Give God your fear and your worry. Thank God for the opportunity to super-charge your faith.
    And then just let it go.

We have all valued wrongly and now the debt has come due...
    You are not your body.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Harmony (15th May 2023), Kryztian (14th May 2023), Sue (Ayt) (13th May 2023), thepainterdoug (14th May 2023), wondering (15th May 2023)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,803 times in 2,559 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Look how much you care!

Look how you love your body. Look how much you are willing to sacrifice for its continuity.

Do you love your immortal soul as much? Your God? Can you give just a little of your concern to your lack of trust?
    Is God a fool? Are you?

Do you just pay lip service to your little god, understanding that it is entirely up to you?
    It is not.
    Trust in your God!

Give God your fear and your worry. Thank God for the opportunity to super-charge your faith.
    And then just let it go.

You are not your body.
    Wow, if your message is directed at me, you took my comment to a whole other level, judging (deciding) what my values/aims are and in a sense who I am and how/what I "know/don't know" to be true! Just a reminder you do not know anything about me or my personal "journey" except for a few offerings I've made on a couple of threads (which I often think about deleting) and "perhaps" much I am not comfortable with sharing (at this time?) on a public forum.

I am only sharing a few physical ailments I am experiencing on a relevant thread (and interested in feedback from people sharing something similar - thank you Painter Doug). As an aside, I do not have an attachment to this body but I feel strongly that I need to stay the course for a bit longer in this reality. If I have a concern in any of this, it includes all my "bodies" and being able to move through the waves/interference in this reality with a healthy physical body and mind/spirit to reap the "reward" which I feel (hope) will come before my exit. And, my idea of "faith" may also differ from your notion of the same.

If this message is not directed my way, then please ignore.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Harmony (15th May 2023), Kryztian (14th May 2023), wondering (15th May 2023)

37. Link to Post #39
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Quote Posted by Eva2 (here)
    Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Look how much you care!

Is God a fool? Are you?

It is not.
    Trust in your God!

And then just let it go.

You are not your body.
    Wow, if your message is directed at me, you took my comment to a whole other level, judging (deciding) what my values/aims are and in a sense who I am and how/what I "know/don't know" to be true! Just a reminder you do not know anything about me or my personal "journey" except for a few offerings I've made on a couple of threads (which I often think about deleting) and "perhaps" much I am not comfortable with sharing (at this time?) on a public forum.

I am only sharing a few physical ailments I am experiencing on a relevant thread (and interested in feedback from people sharing something similar - thank you Painter Doug). As an aside, I do not have an attachment to this body but I feel strongly that I need to stay the course for a bit longer in this reality. If I have a concern in any of this, it includes all my "bodies" and being able to move through the waves/interference in this reality with a healthy physical body and mind/spirit to reap the "reward" which I feel (hope) will come before my exit. And, my idea of "faith" may also differ from your notion of the same.

If this message is not directed my way, then please ignore.

It was not directed at anyone in particular.

Eva2, very sorry it sounded that way. I can see how you'd feel, reading it from that perspective. It was a reminder and may have been out of place.

It was directed toward those that feel it might be best to end it all.
    There is no end to what we are.
    So why spoil the ride?
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Eva2 (13th May 2023), Harmony (15th May 2023), Kryztian (14th May 2023), thepainterdoug (14th May 2023), Vangelo (14th May 2023), wondering (15th May 2023)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Ernie, and Eva 2

Ernie, I actually got what, and to who you were speaking to. Almost like a general overview to mankind , not to a specific person. And even with that I did feel it was misplaced in the context of this thread

I totally get Eva2, reaction , as I had the same. But Ernie, i know you here on P A for a while and so that helped me understand where you were coming from.
    Reminiscent of ; see the birds, they do not reap nor sow, yet they are fed, / am I getting this correctly?

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (14th May 2023), Eva2 (14th May 2023), Harmony (15th May 2023), wondering (15th May 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast