+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 6 LastLast

Thread: What are your preparations for any potential crisis situation?

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Avalon Member
    Mainly Earth but I do regularly commute to various other dimensions ;)
    Thanks

Default What are your preparations for any potential crisis situation?

I dont claim to know what were really headed for over the coming years, I try to avoid forcasting certainties due to the apparent complexity of some of the information given out through the Avalon and Camelot portals. However I think many of us here are at the very least preparing mentaly for some kind of social / spiritual reform.
    If anyone is familiar with the Pete Peterson material presented by Bill and Kerry he touches briefly on making preparations for the possible / probable disintergration of society.

I wonder weather there are any organised strategies among this community for such circumstances? Since one person may have expertise with radio and technology while other may have survival skills another may have building skills etc... thus the communities chances of survival is raised by sharing and organising resources.

I think it would be useful to hear peoples thoughts and most importantly what people feel is the most apropriet prepartion for such and outcome... even just for ourselves and families.

Thanks

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pharaohs Maze For This Post:

christian (16th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), jagman (13th September 2012), Lone Bean (2nd September 2012), Marianne (11th August 2011), Star Gazer (24th January 2011), Tane Mahuta (11th August 2011), Turcurulin (13th August 2012)

3. Link to Post #2
    Madagascar Avalon Member Star Gazer's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: What are your preparations for any potential crisis situation?

I try to maintain my physical as well as spiritual health. I practice daily meditation as well physical exercise (mainly running and weight-training). I also try to honor my creativity each day.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Star Gazer For This Post:

bluestflame (24th January 2011), Davidallany (11th August 2011), Eram (13th September 2012), jagman (13th September 2012), Maia Gabrial (11th August 2011), ponda (24th January 2011), Sowelu (26th February 2011), Transdimensional Bean Pod (24th January 2011), Turcurulin (13th August 2012)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Here is a cool website with great info on how to start and develop a (your) community: http://www.projecttristar.net/
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

bluestflame (24th January 2011), Eram (13th September 2012), jagman (13th September 2012), lightbeard (27th January 2011), Maia Gabrial (11th August 2011), Miller (24th February 2011), Mystique (17th February 2011), Snowbird (24th January 2011), Turcurulin (13th August 2012), vericocha (27th January 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Gazer (here)
    I try to maintain my physical as well as spiritual health. I practice daily meditation as well physical exercise (mainly running and weight-training). I also try to honor my creativity each day.
    I hear ya.

Honoring your creativity.... that's a great one.

Several years ago, I spent a bunch of money and fear on rations and gear. Over time, I kept having dreams. In those dreams, my bug-out kit was either unavailable to me, or useless - but I keep finding just what I need, when I need it; I keep managing to survive, despite my flaws. These dreams have given me much peace. I just need to be prepared mentally, and have faith that I'll have the inner resources to rise to the challenge, which I believe I do have. I trust my dreams - especially when they are so clear on a point, over and over again.

In a sense, it's as if it's already written.

8. Link to Post #5
    Madagascar Avalon Member Star Gazer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Transdimensional Bean Pod (here)
    I hear ya.

Honoring your creativity.... that's a great one.

Several years ago, I spent a bunch of money and fear on rations and gear. Over time, I kept having dreams. In those dreams, my bug-out kit was either unavailable to me, or useless - but I keep finding just what I need, when I need it; I keep managing to survive, despite my flaws. These dreams have given me much peace. I just need to be prepared mentally, and have faith that I'll have the inner resources to rise to the challenge, which I believe I do have. I trust my dreams - especially when they are so clear on a point, over and over again.

In a sense, it's as if it's already written.
    Exactly, I try to focus on what I know I can control (mental/physical/emotional) and trust my creativity to carry me through the Unknown.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Star Gazer For This Post:

bluestflame (24th January 2011), Eram (13th September 2012), jagman (13th September 2012), pilotsimone (5th October 2011), Transdimensional Bean Pod (24th January 2011), Turcurulin (13th August 2012)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I read similar questions in some of those long threads; what kinds of skills should we try to develop in preparation for such a situation?

I believe it is important for one to practice his/her ability to adapt to dramatic changes in the daily routine. I know some people here do this; shut off the power for a month, don't use the car, etc. I do things like this as well; doesn't have to be so drastic, like making your own bread and/or living out of the pantry for a month (also helps rotate your staple foods).

How many people really know how to put their feet to the ground when they travel? It's easy to get in a climate-controlled box and watch the world go by, but how can you understand what's ahead if you don't understand what's in the rearview mirror?

You can see the world on Google Maps, but is is the same as actually being there? If you were dropped in a strange city where everyone else spoke a different language, could you manage yourself enough to meet your basic needs? Or your extended needs?

It's obvious these skills haven't been developed for many of us because we never needed to. But that doesn't mean we lost them, just means we have to put in some work to get caught up.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bitworm For This Post:

Arrowwind (17th February 2011), Eram (13th September 2012), Hybrid5226 (24th January 2011), jagman (13th September 2012), pilotsimone (5th October 2011), Transdimensional Bean Pod (24th January 2011), Turcurulin (13th August 2012)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

"The mental, spiritual and physical ability to just get on with it."

Know who you are, and know what is important. Realise that if something doesn't go your way, adapt. Complain to the world when you have to, but if your life and your loved ones lives are potentially in danger, accept change - get a new plan.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to _M_ For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), jagman (13th September 2012), pilotsimone (5th October 2011), Tane Mahuta (11th August 2011), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Hybrid5226's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Gazer (here)
    Same here . Started walking to work last week just to see if I could an found I enjoy it an gives me a better perspective of what is going on around me in the town I am in .
    I have also realized I do not need as much fuel for my body as I previously thought after fasting for a while to see how I reacted physically .

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hybrid5226 For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), jagman (13th September 2012), pilotsimone (5th October 2011), ponda (24th January 2011), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pharaohs Maze (here)
    I dont claim to know what were really headed for over the coming years, I try to avoid forcasting certainties due to the apparent complexity of some of the information given out through the Avalon and Camelot portals. However I think many of us here are at the very least preparing mentaly for some kind of social / spiritual reform.
    If anyone is familiar with the Pete Peterson material presented by Bill and Kerry he touches briefly on making preparations for the possible / probable disintergration of society.

I wonder weather there are any organised strategies among this community for such circumstances? Since one person may have expertise with radio and technology while other may have survival skills another may have building skills etc... thus the communities chances of survival is raised by sharing and organising resources.

I think it would be useful to hear peoples thoughts and most importantly what people feel is the most apropriet prepartion for such and outcome... even just for ourselves and families.

Thanks
    You might want to check out Dimitry Orlov's work (here's a link to a talk http://fora.tv/2009/02/13/Dmitry_Orl...Best_Practices). He has akind of no BS nuts and bolts approach to functioning during political/economic/social collapse based on his experience and observation of what happened in the former Soviet Union. He fully expects America to go through something worse and be generally poorer prepared. He now lives on a sailboat in Maine btw.

It's hard to say what will work best. But I think that networks, adaptability, and sell-able/barter-able skill sets are pretty key. In the end, visible or detectable resources may not be your friend.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Otho For This Post:

edina (10th February 2011), Eram (13th September 2012), jagman (13th September 2012), Marianne (11th August 2011), sygh (24th February 2011), Tane Mahuta (11th August 2011), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

In the Avalon interview with Marcel Messing, he suggests that we organize our Selves. Upon hearing that I've taken that line into great consideration since our Selves are multi-faceted. It is that balance between (but not limited to) our knowledge, emotions, Presence, creativity, adaptability, acceptability and our capacity for forgiveness that that will ultimately make or break us if our entire civilization tanks. It pretty much boils down to strong self-responsibility IMO.

Otherwise, warm clothes, stored foods, self defense skills and a good bike (+lock) might be a few solid initial investments.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CivilDawn For This Post:

Carmen (12th August 2011), Eram (13th September 2012), jagman (13th September 2012), Painted_White (22nd May 2011), Tane Mahuta (11th August 2011), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Quote Posted by Hybrid5226 (here)
    Same here . Started walking to work last week just to see if I could an found I enjoy it an gives me a better perspective of what is going on around me in the town I am in .
    I have also realized I do not need as much fuel for my body as I previously thought after fasting for a while to see how I reacted physically .

Yeah sweating from walking and other types of exercise and also fasting are good ways of getting rid of toxins out of our systems

Drinking plenty of water is also helpful

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), jagman (13th September 2012), Tane Mahuta (11th August 2011), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Something as simple as the power going out for an extended period of time would be devastating to anyone who is not prepared. What I've found is that it is not that expensive to be prepared for disruptions in food/product supplies if you are willing to change your lifestyle a bit.

Here's an example; I purchased a years worth of whole wheat for my family ($240) and a grainmill so that I could make flour. Best case scenario, my family eats freshly made bread from fresh flour.

If one purchases a years worth of soybeans and sprouting seeds. Best case scenario, his/her family will get to eat fresh sprouts.

If one buys a gravity fed water filter. Best case scenario, they get to drink cleaner water at home.

My list is not comprehensive but it gives you an idea of some of the precautions I have taken which have become healthy lifestyle choices and actually more economical choices (bulk grain purchased from LDS churches or farmers is half the price of no name flour at Walmart).

In terms of starting community groups and learning to cope with less technology; I'm completely on board. I just think that everyone should be prepared for the worst.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peaceviddie For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), Holly Lindin (19th February 2011), jagman (13th September 2012), ruthless2001 (3rd April 2011), Tane Mahuta (11th August 2011), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

24. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...97&postcount=1

Quote It is good to prepare, and have some of the outside stuff taken care of. Looking after the basics, being ready for Urban inconveniences, or a full on TEOTWAWKI situation.

Here is my little list of things you can do to prepare your body for the influx of energies bathing our planet, increasing towards 2012, and generally make it easier to get along in life.

* Turn off the TV
    * Eat healthy food
    * Drink pure water
    * Stop doing drugs (legal (taxable) or illegal (not taxable)) [1]
    * Get sufficient sleep
    * Exercise moderately
    * Take a freezing cold shower every day to wake up (before sunrise)
    * Learn to meditate if you didnt already
    * Meditate each day
    * Fan the flames of love in your heart
    * If you buy into the whole co-creator idea then manifest a new paradigm
    * Listen to your heart
    * Follow your heart
    * Cultivate the inner dialogue
    * Rely less on external sources of guidance
    * Ask for help/guidance as needed

A..

[1] Medical drugs are not included in the meaning of this item. I don't give medical advice. You are TOTALLY responsible for anything you put inside your body, and you should be making informed free-will decisions when and if you should ever need to follow another's advice about whether or not to use medication.

Also

I made a list of preparations for consideration to do with "Urban Inconveniences"
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...94-%28V1.04%29
    Last edited by Anchor; 24th January 2011 at 11:59.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), jagman (13th September 2012), Marianne (11th August 2011), Miller (24th February 2011), Painted_White (22nd May 2011), Tane Mahuta (11th August 2011), Turcurulin (26th August 2012), yiolas (24th January 2011)

26. Link to Post #14
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

and perhaps could include a little "journal of reminders" filled with little reminders to help calm the nerves in times of stress

things you'd tell someone else to help them gain , or maintain ability to function

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), pinkfrost (31st January 2011), Tane Mahuta (11th August 2011), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

28. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

We have begun a list of important items that will be for survival needs but I must say that in these times we also need to keep our 4 corner stones together; spiritual, emotional, physical and mental. They have to be carried around with just as much importance as food, shelter and water.
    Some items on our list:
    short wave radio
    bottled water
    dried fruits/nuts/beef jerky/beans/rice.....and remember to stock up on toilet paper!
    first aid kit
    long lasting flashlights.........just to name a few.

Remember to follow your gut on anything because our gut feelings are a direct link to the Universe which means if you feel the need to to get out of dodge for a few days than do it and don't second guess yourself. Meditation helps and staying calm for the coming year and beyond. Remember we are all going through this together so no one is alone!!

Blessings,

Rainbow

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rainbow44 For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), Tane Mahuta (11th August 2011), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

30. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I find this blog very helpful. It's written by an American who has been living in Argentina for many years, and was present as the economy collapsed. Very practical stuff from a guy who has and still is living everything he documents.

One of the take homes for me, was the dispelling of the 'grab your bug out kit and run' notion. It's all about surviving in place, mainly. But the topics are very comprehensive, and the style down to earth.

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps.

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 633 posts

well up till a few weeks ago, it was to sell as many pictures as i could, buy myself a dutch barge, convert it so i could grow food in it, buy a seed bank, and 6 months worth of food to eat while it grows. also to look into free energy (like the motor george green mentioned) or turbines that can be dropped into the water so that i could anchor myself on a river, and let its current drive the turbine, that with solar, and wind power should sustain things, then if society breaks down, i can have it on my toes a bit sharpish, and get myself to a safe place.
    that said things have changed a bit recently.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKAWF For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), Tane Mahuta (11th August 2011), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

33. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

I have been preparing most of my life for changes that I feel are coming
    mostly on a spiritual level.. then a mental level.

Only until a few years ago did I realize how foolish it is only to prepare on a spiritual/mental level.
    I decided that I don't really know how to live very long without food and water
    I am making no rationalizatins any longer about how severe it will be.
    You are given a spirit and a mind to understand what is required physically to take action.
    This is living in balanced male / female energy.

If you ignore physical reality then you may be moving on into spirit only.. which can be OK
    just be aware of the decision you are making now. Do not expect to learn how to live like an Indian in just a few weeks.

Some people will get to stay on the planet and some people will not
    I intend to say until the natural couse of my life ends. that is the end of a well nourished life
    that does not suffer from starvation nor exposure.

I plan to be one who is helping my neighbors
    not one who is knocking on doors for help
    Perhaps you are willing to subject yourself to this level
    of dejection but it is not part of my sacred dream
    Nor is digging in the wilderness for roots along
    with 300 million other people.

Now if I get to ascend and become a light body that is all well and good
    but since I have not done it yet I am not counting on it.

I think having children is a real wake up call.
    Before children I could not kill
    After children I knew I could kill to protect them
    It has made me fierce and strong.
    and willing to do what I must for my survival
    because my survival underlies their survival

I will not allow someone who has spent their lives contemplating their navel
    or the television set to undermind our survival
    It they can be participants in creating their survial along side of me,
    that will be another matter.

I have chosen a community where those who know how to survive
    are more prelevant. There will be support for one another.

My deep intution is telling me that time is getting short.
    If you are going to make physical preprations I suggest you do it soon
    It takes more time and energy than you realize to get it together.

My husband says so what happens if we are forced from our place for some reason.
    Then I say we have here what someone else will use someday for their sustenance.

Most of my stores have a 30 year life time. It will be used someday by someone who
    very likely will be needing it.

so in this sense, perhaps this is what the culling that the 33 is thinking about?

I recommend this forum for all the how to's on preparing for survival
    www.selfsufficient.com they are lovely people there, largely christian, but not all, who know how to do it.
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 24th January 2011 at 18:56.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Conchis (13th August 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), jorr lundstrom (17th February 2011), Lone Bean (2nd September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

As well as physical fitness and spiritual preparation, I would recommend learning as many skills as you can. How to make useful stuff out of wood and other materials, how to farm, what’s edible and how to find it.
    Self sufficiency and having a bugout bag are all well and good, but the more you can hold in your head, the less it matters if you lose your kit, or if it’s taken from you.

Also, this will help your non attachment to your prepared kit: You never know, one day, dumping your hard collected stuff and running as fast and as far as you can may save your life!
    Many people go back to get 'that essential thing' from burning buildings and don’t come out again.

If you are so inclined, it may be worth learning a healing discipline - there are powerful energetic and physical healing techniques out there. But remember - not all techniques available to learn are necessarily what they appear. It’s got to feel right, and you should be able to verify the results after a short to mid amount of time.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 10over7 For This Post:

37. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

My medical stock is extensive. I can treat many conditions with the stores I have. It includes 600 homoepathic remedies, a colloidal silver maker, manuka honey, Enough mms to treat over 1000 people, an herbal garden, bandages, suture kits, medical grade ozone generator, massage table and massage skill, experience delivering babies, assorted enzyme and herbal preparations as well as instructive manuals.

The one condition that I have not yet found effective cures for is fungal infections... except for lufeneron, which is too expensive to stock so if anyone has any ideas... Mostly I have found MMS not effective for imbedded fungal conditions.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 6 LastLast