+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast

Thread: What are your preparations for any potential crisis situation?

1. Link to Post #61
    Argentina Avalon Member mcaballero's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: What are your preparations for any potential crisis situation?

Arrowwind.

Thanks a lot for noticing that. Yes, it is indeed Sodium Hypochlorite so thank you so much for pointing that out. I'm looking forward to that thread!

It's always good to hear and exchange opinions. Thanks a lot for that! :-D

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcaballero For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 times in 254 posts

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    The one condition that I have not yet found effective cures for is fungal infections... except for lufeneron, which is too expensive to stock so if anyone has any ideas... Mostly I have found MMS not effective for imbedded fungal conditions.
    Hi Arrowwind,

There is an oncologist from Rome who figured out that cancer is a fungus. He treats it with baking soda. Maybe all fungal infections can be treated the same way. Here is the link to one of his websites. http://www.cancerfungus.com/
    Last edited by Carolin; 18th June 2011 at 13:42.
    Life is what it is. How you perceive it creates your reality.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carolin For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

I am familiar with Dr Simoncini.... I have not heard of anyone using baking soda just for a fungal infection... you would think that you would have heard something by now... I think there is more to this being effective for cancer than just treating a fungal infection. So many people have used baking soda over the years and I just haven't heard it working for fungal infections... have you? I would like to hear about it if it is so.

Some people get lucky with diet change or MMS.. but not all it seems. Lufeneron is the most promising thing I've come across

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

7. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 times in 534 posts

Here is the 1st vid of some of his work, I downloaded the set and watched with great interest..... seeing is believing.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Here are the vids

And his example of how it occurs in nature

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to phillipbbg For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), seko (12th August 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012), Watching from Cyprus (4th July 2011)

9. Link to Post #65
    Denmark Avalon Member Watching from Cyprus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 times in 293 posts

Hi There,

Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) does work on treating Fungus. My mom told me when i was just a kid and used in on my feet/toes ...wupti it was gone. I live in Cyprus and due to the severe heat it is difficult to avoid getting fungus between the toes when you are using closed shoes..and also my son has very often during the summer months.

Fill lukewarm water in a bucked or other where you can submerge your foot. Add a couple of tablespoons of Baking Soda, mix and put your foot in there for as long as you like (minimum 15 min) . Do that evening before going to bed and again in the morning. It will be gone practically immediately. Or even better dip some cotton into a strong solution (1tsp to one shot glass of water) and place on the affected area. Go to bed and it will surely be gone in the morning.

I can also confirm it works wonders again external hemorrhoids :-)

Dont believe the lying media's who has completely destroyed the good work of Dr. Simoncini and if you look him up via wikipedia (only in italian) it is so so sad to see what they are writing about him and his years of research.

May they feel such shame in their souls when the consciousnesses change is complete...

I love you all
    Peter
    Short Term memory infected/defect. Watching, feeling and recording since i recall. Recording for some one/thing else !
    I care about the earth, and despise greed.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Watching from Cyprus For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), Lisab (4th July 2011), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

Becoming as Self sufficient as possible and learning which wild foods you can eat is a good start- you'd be surprised how much useful stuff there is growing out there. I can reccommend a great little book called 'Food for Free'

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lancelot For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), Marianne (11th August 2011), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012), Watching from Cyprus (4th July 2011)

13. Link to Post #67
    Germany Avalon Member The Truth Is In There's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 726 posts

Quote Posted by Arrowwind (here)
    I am familiar with Dr Simoncini.... I have not heard of anyone using baking soda just for a fungal infection... you would think that you would have heard something by now... I think there is more to this being effective for cancer than just treating a fungal infection. So many people have used baking soda over the years and I just haven't heard it working for fungal infections... have you? I would like to hear about it if it is so.

Some people get lucky with diet change or MMS.. but not all it seems. Lufeneron is the most promising thing I've come across
    i think it's important to first get rid of all heavy metals that may have accumulated in your body. i have read somewhere that candida seems to thrive in bodies full of mercury/amalgam. so first the metal, then the fungus or it will always return.
    Among the blind the one-eyed is a madman.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Truth Is In There For This Post:

Eram (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012), Watching from Cyprus (4th July 2011)

15. Link to Post #68
    United States Moderator Marianne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,392 times in 2,258 posts

Arrowwind, do you have essential oils in your stores? They are effective germicides and fungicides. I buy mine from Essential Oil University. Basic essential oils for a first aid kit would be lavender for burns and general use, thyme is powerful in for killing germs, tea tree for general use, and a combo of ravensara, basil and cloves for viral infections.
    Let me do a bit of research in my books tomorrow and see which combo is best for fungal infections.
    Your healing wares are impressive! I'm an herbalist too.
    Do you have calendula in your garden? The resinous petals are made into a tincture that's effective as a lymph cleanser (keeps you from getting sick, or shortens it) and a gentle skin oil for babies and sensitive skins, and an herbal wash for germs, to prevent infections. Doctors used it on battlefield wounds during the civil war.
    I like to order seeds and plants from Richter's. Great selection of herbs.
    Marianne

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Arrowwind (11th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Junebug (here)
    Arrowwind, do you have essential oils in your stores?
    Junebug, I have stayed away from essential oils because I use homoepathy quite a bit and they tend not to mix well. I go to herbs when I can't get anywhere with homoepathy, which is not all that often. I have seen homoepathy cure some pretty difficult fungal issues. These days I am working on expanding my repertory into other modalities as some people dont respond to homeopathy and are not good homoepathic users for a variety of reasons. But I am developing an interest in tonics and things you can take to keep optimally well, before sickness occurs.... I love herbal teas... and I have a great herbal forumula for flu.. once my son got severely ill from the flu and I couldn't cure it... scared the bejeebers out of me.. so I went about making a flu tincture that can knock the socks off.... and the flu too!

The only oils I have around are tea tree, oregano and lavender. Calendula is a great homoeapthic plant and it is used in very low potency in baby products etc. you will see on the lable calendula, calendula 1x, 2x, 3x,,,, so that product has calendula in it as well as the three different potencies of callendula.. this is call a homocord remedy and can be way more effective than any of its parts given separately. Some plant medicines work homoepathically without having to go through the dilutions and potenization process... symphytum off. is another one... place the macerated plant leaves and root directly on a fracture (not a compound fracture) and it will cut the mend time almost in half... so will the homoepathic remedy symphytum in 200c.. It takes away all pain. The homoepathic is great for compound fractures, after it is set and sutured as it will also help heal soft tissues and bruising.

Funny you mention a lymph cleanser. I have used a homeopathic lymph cleaner for many years but right now it is failing me... so Ive been thinking about cleavers... do you know about them? I use castor oil for lymph cleansing too.. and I really really like it. I will look more into calendula for the lymph. Dealing with swollen lumpy lymph nodes in an arm pit. Castor oil is working the best of anything right now as it has cut it in half... but was thinking of getting cleavers. Its too late here to start growing calendula. Would I take a tea or make a poutice?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Yes, cleavers is a wonderful lymph cleanser, equal to calendula. I have used it as a tea and a tincture. I don't have experience with a poultice, but we know that the skin takes up the herbal med so I imagine it would work too -- maybe do both oral and skin?
    Ah yes, I love the mighty comfrey -- I have never needed it for bones, but heard about good cures with it. I know it has fallen out of favor orally. (interesting how the FDA decides what's 'dangerous')
    My chiropractor told me the lymph glands can be very gently 'milked' to help them release toxins.
    Would you mind sharing your flu formula? The only one I've used is David Hoffmann's formula - yarrow, peppermint and elderflower.
    Homeopathy is one area I have NO knowledge of, but it's fascinating to read your posts. My sister in law has had some good success with it.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

Arrowwind (11th August 2011), Eram (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

21. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Junebug (here)
    My chiropractor told me the lymph glands can be very gently 'milked' to help them release toxins.
    Would you mind sharing your flu formula?
    Yes, lymphatic drainage massage is helpful. I do it every night. Cant seem to qutie get to the core of the issue.
    Equal to calendula? Well neither are very helpful to me when right now they are about 100 miles away.. time to go to the city I guess.

The flu formula is on my blog here.. about the 6th suggestion down.
    http://www.healthsalon.org/31/flu-se...at-you-can-do/

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Arrowwind--Do you have woods around you? Chances are good that you woud find cleavers growing wild. It looks distinctive enough to identify easily. It creeps along the ground and grows in whorls along the stem. And the clincher is that it sticks to clothing, especially a sweater. I remember my teacher sticking it on a student's sweater during an herb walk.

Thank you for the blog link--lots of good information there. Time for me to stock up too

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marianne For This Post:

25. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

I try to always see how I can be like Macgyver and make the most out of what I have. I also have bug out bags prepared with the usuals but I think mentally training yourself to see how you can use what you've got is a great habit to develop.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rambo45 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th August 2012), bluestflame (12th August 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), seko (12th August 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

27. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,552 times in 32,726 posts

Quote What are your preparations for any potential crisis situation?

... and a little bit more than that, as well, not captured in this photo.

What you can see here is:
    • Supplements of all kinds
    • EMP (Faraday) bags (to protect electronics, surprisingly inexpensive)
    • Ferrite clip-on surge suppressors (which cost about $1 each)
    • Water filter + cartridges
    • Ham radio station + aerials (used, from eBay)
    • MMS (which I bought quite a while back when it was still legal)
    • Colloidal silver generator
    • External hard drives for data backup
    • Rechargeable batteries + solar recharger
    • Hand-held short-range radios for local use
    • Solar-rechargeable flashlights
    • Solar + hand-crankable short wave radio
    Higher resolution image here!
    http://projectavalon.net/Preparedness.jpg

Also:
    • I have a beloved, 26-year old 4x4 (200,000+ miles) which is in quite good shape -- no computerized engine management system to be knocked out, and a simple engine that's easy to work on -- but I still need to rewire the entire vehicle as old, brittle wiring is vulnerable to induced voltage spikes which can punch through old insulation. I also intend to get hold of and store spare points, plugs, coil, bulbs, and plenty of assorted fuses (all inexpensive but critical if they fail), but have not yet done so.
    • Critical, irreplaceable data (including high-quality digital scans of all legal documents such as passport, driver's license, etc etc) is burned to CDs and DVDs. (Optical media is not vulnerable to EMP loss.)
    • I have a dehydrator, but have not yet started preparing food for long-term storage.
    • I have almost no cash in the bank (or anywhere else!) -- and what modest reserves I have have all been invested in useful materials and resources. (That's always what it was for.)
    • The most important item I have not yet got is a diesel generator (+ a supply of fuel). Small ones only cost a few hundred $$ (cheaper if used), and diesel can be stored stably and safely for long periods of time. A small generator + 100 gallons of diesel can provide basic emergency power, on a minimal basis, for many months.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 12th August 2012 at 01:05.

28. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

astrid (12th August 2012), bluestflame (12th August 2012), Brizil (12th August 2012), Carmody (12th August 2012), Christine (12th August 2012), Davidallany (12th August 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Hervé (12th August 2012), Highwhistler (12th August 2012), Jean-Luc (12th August 2012), Jean-Marie (12th August 2012), ks4ever (12th August 2012), meeradas (12th August 2012), Muzz (12th August 2012), Raven (12th August 2012), Ron Mauer Sr (12th August 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), tessie999 (12th August 2012), ThePythonicCow (12th August 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012), Yoda (12th August 2012)

29. Link to Post #75
    United States Avalon Member Brizil's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    What you can see here is:
    • Supplements of all kinds
    • EMP (Faraday) bags (to protect electronics, surprisingly inexpensive)
    • Ferrite clip-on surge suppressors (which cost about $1 each)
    • Water filter + cartridges
    • Ham radio station + aerials (used, from eBay)
    • MMS (which I bought quite a while back when it was still legal)
    • Colloidal silver generator
    • External hard drives for data backup
    • Rechargeable batteries + solar recharger
    • Hand-held short-range radios for local use
    • Solar-rechargeable flashlights
    • Solar + hand-crankable short wave radio
    I am a licensed ham operator. Maybe Avalonians that are ham operators can find ways to connect on the HF bands. The local FM repeaters will be down if the electric goes but I have a set up that will allow me to transmit on HF/UHF indefinitely with solar. I do have EMP bags and an aluminum trash can that I will put my equipment in and bury it until it is safe hook up. Having a ham radio is a must in my opinion. Bill, how about getting the hams that are members to set up a communication network/plan on the HF/UHF bands in case of emergency?
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 12th August 2012 at 02:59. Reason: Trim quoted material
    "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." - Albert Einstein

"Don't seek truth. Just cease to cherish opinions." - Zen

"The loudest person in the room in often the weakest person in the room."

“Sometimes words that are painful to the ears are great for the heart.”

"If one man conquers in battle a thousand men, and if another conquers himself, he is the greatest of the conquers."

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Brizil For This Post:

astrid (12th August 2012), Bill Ryan (12th August 2012), Christine (12th August 2012), Davidallany (12th August 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Hervé (12th August 2012), Jean-Luc (12th August 2012), Jean-Marie (12th August 2012), ks4ever (12th August 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

31. Link to Post #76
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,346 times in 21,472 posts

I smiled when I realized my stash had many similarities .

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    MMS (which I bought quite a while back when it was still legal)
    So far as I know, one can still purchase MMS, such as here on Amazon or here at Discovermms.com. I've not used Discovermms.com, so can't speak for them. If Amazon has a frequent flyer plan, then I've got a pre-paid ticket to at least the moon when the time comes.

I'd recommend a toothpaste without glycerin, as that coats the teeth (why they feel so smooth after brushing) inhibiting self healing of minor flaws in the enamel. (Noticed some Jason toothpaste, left side of counter.) Try toothsoap.com.

Be sure to have plenty of matches, iodine, and 2 or 3 or 4 water filters of various kinds -- must not risk one's water supply.

I figure a computer in a good metal case that is powered off and totally disconnected - no wires attached - has a good chance of surviving an EMP, so I keep a couple (well, several, actually, being a computer nerd) old ones around.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th August 2012), bluestflame (12th August 2012), Christine (12th August 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Jean-Luc (12th August 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Cool.. thanks for the tip on the Diesel generator, i was struggling with the whole issue of power,
    searching for one now. .
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

bluestflame (12th August 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

35. Link to Post #78
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

and old victa lawnmower engine with a pulley mod hooked up to a 12v car alternator can supply a bit of power, can play with extra pulleys and ratios to get the revs down

can always use the old treadly (bike) with a belt to a mounted flywheel , pully ratios etc to get the best power to effort ratio

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), spiritwind (12th August 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

37. Link to Post #79
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,346 times in 21,472 posts

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    Cool.. thanks for the tip on the Diesel generator, i was struggling with the whole issue of power,
    searching for one now. .
    Propane gas generators also work, and 20 pound tanks of propane (usually used for outdoor barbeque's -- BBQ's) can also be kept a long time.

Then I'll be re-purposing my computer's UPS backups (a pair of APC SmartUPS 750's)... recharge them on the generator, then bring them inside to run easy stuff, like a light, radio, laptop, battery charger, ... Running a portable generator just to get one or two hundred watts of power is rather inefficient.

The same propane can be used with a pressure cooker on the BBQ to cook beans. Pressure cookers are the most energy efficient way to cook beans.

If the crisis lasts very long however, the above will be fond memories.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

bluestflame (12th August 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Hervé (12th August 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

39. Link to Post #80
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    searching for one now. .
    Thumbs up for diesel!

The best thing about Diesel is that it is safer to store than petrol (gasoline) also safer to handle but potentially messier

If you store Diesel, ensure you add the appropriate biocides to make it last longer- its hygroscopic and water collects at the bottom of your tank - stuff grows at the oil water interface that is bad for engines! Airtight storage is the best, but hardest to achieve without getting lots of small metal tanks.

The downside of Diesel engines is that they need to work hard to last a long time - if you have a Diesel generator, make sure its under 60% - 100% load so that the cylinders last a good long time between overhauls.

Modern petrol generators can slow down when they are not under load - economical.
    Last edited by Anchor; 12th August 2012 at 08:14.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th August 2012), bluestflame (12th August 2012), Christine (12th August 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast