+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What are your preparations for any potential crisis situation?

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Default Re: What are your preparations for any potential crisis situation?

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    Cool.. thanks for the tip on the Diesel generator, i was struggling with the whole issue of power,
    searching for one now. .

Modern petrol generators can slow down when they are not under load - economical.
    With a few more components, much fuel can be saved and generator life can be extended. The generator does not need to run 100% to make electricity continuously available. Just add an inverter and batteries to the system.

The larger inverters are designed to charge batteries when external power (the generator or the commercial electric grid) is available. With the external power off, the inverter changes operational mode, converting battery energy to conventional household power.

If electrical power requirements are small, a few deep cycle (important) batteries, a small (inexpensive) inverter and a separate independent automotive battery charger can be used.

Solar battery charging can be added later to expand system capability.

When power demand is high, just start the generator.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 12th August 2012 at 16:12.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

astrid (13th August 2012), Bill Ryan (12th August 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

3. Link to Post #82
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,439 times in 1,555 posts

Here are some of my must haves:

Hand cranked wheat grass juicer - number two in importance, you can live off of grass, clover, and alfalfa. It will also juice carrots, greens, and beets.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A14J1QM1C1ENRL
    Katadyn water filter - super number on importance, if water source is polluted a good water filter will become essential.
    http://www.amazon.com/Katadyn-Vario-...Y4/ref=lh_ni_t
    Oil expeller - an extra but well worth it to be able to make your own oils and it can be fitted to a bicycle.
    http://www.amazon.com/Piteba-Nut-See.../dp/B004H2SDTM
    Last edited by Christine; 13th September 2012 at 13:58.

4. Link to Post #83
    Thanks

Kick the doors in at my local Tesco's.Fill a trolley with water,soup and corn beef.Go home lock my door and listen to the radio.

Oh and draw the curtains.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to freespirit For This Post:

Eram (11th September 2012)

6. Link to Post #84
    United States Avalon Member Brizil's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote What are your preparations for any potential crisis situation?

... and a little bit more than that, as well, not captured in this photo.

What you can see here is:
    • Supplements of all kinds
    • EMP (Faraday) bags (to protect electronics, surprisingly inexpensive)
    • Ferrite clip-on surge suppressors (which cost about $1 each)
    • Water filter + cartridges
    • Ham radio station + aerials (used, from eBay)
    • MMS (which I bought quite a while back when it was still legal)
    • Colloidal silver generator
    • External hard drives for data backup
    • Rechargeable batteries + solar recharger
    • Hand-held short-range radios for local use
    • Solar-rechargeable flashlights
    • Solar + hand-crankable short wave radio
    Higher resolution image here!
    http://projectavalon.net/Preparedness.jpg

Also:
    • I have a beloved, 26-year old 4x4 (200,000+ miles) which is in quite good shape -- no computerized engine management system to be knocked out, and a simple engine that's easy to work on -- but I still need to rewire the entire vehicle as old, brittle wiring is vulnerable to induced voltage spikes which can punch through old insulation. I also intend to get hold of and store spare points, plugs, coil, bulbs, and plenty of assorted fuses (all inexpensive but critical if they fail), but have not yet done so.
    • Critical, irreplaceable data (including high-quality digital scans of all legal documents such as passport, driver's license, etc etc) is burned to CDs and DVDs. (Optical media is not vulnerable to EMP loss.)
    • I have a dehydrator, but have not yet started preparing food for long-term storage.
    • I have almost no cash in the bank (or anywhere else!) -- and what modest reserves I have have all been invested in useful materials and resources. (That's always what it was for.)
    • The most important item I have not yet got is a diesel generator (+ a supply of fuel). Small ones only cost a few hundred $$ (cheaper if used), and diesel can be stored stably and safely for long periods of time. A small generator + 100 gallons of diesel can provide basic emergency power, on a minimal basis, for many months.
    I spoke with my friend that has been involved with ham radio for thirty years. He told me that he would be willing to set up a dedicated team speak channel (www.teamspeak.com to download the software) for us that we could meet on to set up the communication network/plan so we may be able to connect when/if the grid goes down. I can provide recommendations to those that are new to ham radio and so can my buddy. Anyone Interested let me know asap. If you don't have a ham radio you will need a all mode all band radio like this one

http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-007099

and an antenna that will receive and transmit on HF/UHF frequencies like this

http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-006411

this external antenna tuner is needed as well which connects right to the side of the radio

http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-010246

Here is a good solar panel

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o03_s00_i02

Two of these batteries can be charged by the solar panel above and can run the radio above for 4 hours each

http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-006310

This Duracell power pack can be charged by the above solar panel as well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

and will be able to run radio along with other things simultaneously

If/When solar event happens here is what you can store equipment in

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

These EMP bags are great protection for equipment

http://techprotectbag.com/products-p...38-large-marge

but I would double bag and put in metal trash can AND bury the trash can at least three feet underground. EVERYTHING fits in there quite nicely.

*Much of this stuff can be found used on ebay at excellent prices but BE CAREFUL

Something else. Getting licensed as a technician is very easy. All the questions can be studied using this book

http://www.amazon.com/Ham-Radio-Lice...cian+ham+radio

However, to transmit on the HF/UHF frequencies you must have a general license. Here is the book for that exam

http://www.amazon.com/General-Licens...ense+ham+radio

I recommend that you study for both exams and take them at the same time. The exams are not that difficult and there are CD's included with the book that have every single question on them for both tests. 5 year olds have passed the technician class exam. It is quite easy. The general exam is more challenging but you can take practice tests for both exams till you feel ready right from the CD's
    Last edited by Brizil; 12th August 2012 at 21:19.
    "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." - Albert Einstein

"Don't seek truth. Just cease to cherish opinions." - Zen

"The loudest person in the room in often the weakest person in the room."

“Sometimes words that are painful to the ears are great for the heart.”

"If one man conquers in battle a thousand men, and if another conquers himself, he is the greatest of the conquers."

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Brizil For This Post:

Antagenet (13th September 2012), Bill Ryan (13th August 2012), Christine (12th August 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), Muzz (12th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), spiritwind (12th August 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

8. Link to Post #85
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,663 times in 349 posts

Thank you so much for this information on ham radios. It's been the one thing I've wanted to know more about and didn't know who to ask. It's also been the one thing missing from my list of essential things to know about/have. Hopefully we'll sell our boat soon and I'll have the money to get one. Communication, could be key to survival under some conditions. I've just been talking with my 18 year old daughter today. When I first started talking she got upset because she thought I was trying to scare her. Once we got past that (all you really have to do in this situation is remind people what happened after Hurricane Katrina) she figured out that I wanted to discuss what I would like her to do in a variety of different situations so that we could be more prepared, thereby increasing our chances of survival. I wanted her to know where the safest place in the house was, where certain things were, what I planned on doing in a variety of situations etc. I've actually mapped how I would get out of town on foot if I had to. Emergency preparedness is always a good thing.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spiritwind For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2012), Brizil (13th August 2012), Christine (13th August 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

10. Link to Post #86
    Thanks

Quote Posted by spiritwind (here)
    Thank you so much for this information on ham radios. It's been the one thing I've wanted to know more about and didn't know who to ask. It's also been the one thing missing from my list of essential things to know about/have. Hopefully we'll sell our boat soon and I'll have the money to get one. Communication, could be key to survival under some conditions. I've just been talking with my 18 year old daughter today. When I first started talking she got upset because she thought I was trying to scare her. Once we got past that (all you really have to do in this situation is remind people what happened after Hurricane Katrina) she figured out that I wanted to discuss what I would like her to do in a variety of different situations so that we could be more prepared, thereby increasing our chances of survival. I wanted her to know where the safest place in the house was, where certain things were, what I planned on doing in a variety of situations etc. I've actually mapped how I would get out of town on foot if I had to. Emergency preparedness is always a good thing.
    Anything I can do to help just message me!
    "No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." - Albert Einstein

"If one man conquers in battle a thousand men, and if another conquers himself, he is the greatest of the conquers."

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brizil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2012), Christine (13th August 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), spiritwind (13th August 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

12. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

For those interested in amateur radio, I would like to give a little information that may be helpful before you spend a lot of money and have unreasonable expectations about reliable communications. For the record I have an Extra class (all amateur privileges) license, but I do not consider myself to be much more than a beginner. My comments apply primarily to high frequency (HF) communications.

Worldwide communications depends upon many variables. While it is true that there are times when communications are possible hundreds or thousands miles away, it cannot be done all the time. The most popular frequency band (there are many) for long distance is 20 meters (14.150 - 14.350 mHz using voice). However, communications on 20 meters may not be possible at less than a hundred miles or so. An exception to this is when you are very close, let's say less than 30 miles distant. For example, from my Virginia location it is easier for me to talk to Florida and Texas stations than it is to talk with other stations only 30 miles away.

Atmospheric conditions, time of day and sunspot activity are all variables that influence communications. Some frequency bands fluctuate more than others. When conditions allow, communications can be worldwide.

There are many amateur radio clubs here in the U.S. and in other countries. The clubs I'm familiar with are very helpful to those interested in the hobby. Many clubs have members who can administer the examinations required for a license. These helpful hams can be a valuable source of information for those looking for used or new equipment. Get to know your local radio club. They love new people interested in getting a license.

The least expensive new HF radio that I know of is the ICOM IC-718, $740. Used transceivers can be found for less. Most HF radios are powered with 12 volts DC. Find a friendly and local ham for advice when purchasing a used radio.

The extremely simple homemade 20 meter dipole antenna that I use was made using aluminum electric fence wire. All parts, including the shielded coaxial cable between the radio and the antenna could not have cost more than $50.

If the radio is used only on one frequency band, an antenna tuner is not needed if the antenna wire is cut to the correct length.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2012), bluestflame (13th August 2012), Brizil (13th August 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), naochan (14th August 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), spiritwind (13th August 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

14. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rmauersr (here)
    For those interested in amateur radio, I would like to give a little information that may be helpful before you spend a lot of money and have unreasonable expectations about reliable communications. For the record I have an Extra class (all amateur privileges) license, but I do not consider myself to be much more than a beginner. My comments apply primarily to high frequency (HF) communications.

Worldwide communications depends upon many variables. While it is true that there are times when communications are possible hundreds or thousands miles away, it cannot be done all the time. The most popular frequency band (there are many) for long distance is 20 meters (14.150 - 14.350 mHz using voice). However, communications on 20 meters may not be possible at less than a hundred miles or so. An exception to this is when you are very close, let's say less than 30 miles distant. For example, from my Virginia location it is easier for me to talk to Florida and Texas stations than it is to talk with other stations only 30 miles away.

Atmospheric conditions, time of day and sunspot activity are all variables that influence communications. Some frequency bands fluctuate more than others. When conditions allow, communications can be worldwide.

There are many amateur radio clubs here in the U.S. and in other countries. The clubs I'm familiar with are very helpful to those interested in the hobby. Many clubs have members who can administer the examinations required for a license. These helpful hams can be a valuable source of information for those looking for used or new equipment. Get to know your local radio club. They love new people interested in getting a license.

The least expensive new HF radio that I know of is the ICOM IC-718, $740. Used transceivers can be found for less. Most HF radios are powered with 12 volts DC. Find a friendly and local ham for advice when purchasing a used radio.

The extremely simple homemade 20 meter dipole antenna that I use was made using aluminum electric fence wire. All parts, including the shielded coaxial cable between the radio and the antenna could not have cost more than $50.

If the radio is used only on one frequency band, an antenna tuner is not needed if the antenna wire is cut to the correct length.
    rmauersr - Maybe we could connect over team speak and get this going? I am only a technician but am taking the general test September 1st or 2nd. I am a brand new ham but have received a great deal of help from local hams like you suggested. I can do research during the week of the 20th to try and find the most inexpensive set up for any avalonians interested in purchasing a ham radio. Let me know!
    Last edited by Brizil; 13th August 2012 at 04:42.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brizil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th August 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), naochan (14th August 2012), spiritwind (13th August 2012), Turcurulin (26th August 2012)

16. Link to Post #89
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

What medications / Vitimins are people stocking up on?

17. Link to Post #90
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

It seems like the best chance rest in the ability to organize in small communities of like minded people.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), Marianne (13th September 2012), Ron Mauer Sr (2nd September 2012)

19. Link to Post #91
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

There is a backyard grill on sale at a local big-box store that caught my eye. It is designed for charcoal, but here is my thinking: it works for charcoal or wood (even has a crank-handle that raises and lowers the bed of coals.) The lid opens far enough that very large pots can be placed on it, which means it will work for giant cauldrons of soup and especially for canning.

I saw a guy make his own custom gas burner, simply by bending pipe and drilling out many small holes for the gas/flames. In his case, this was just hooked to a small propane bottle (like a plumber might use) so the gas regulation was just the torch connector. So, I am thinking... how about making 2 custom gas burners that could go onto this wood/charcoal grill. That way, the grill could be used with either fuel source.

I am in the "engineering/noodling" phase, and will report back if I decide to do this. I am thinking that I would want the gas burners, regulators and hoses to be able to come completely off and re-attach easily, so that when making a charcoal or wood fire, there is no chance of a gas explosion - and a wood fire could warp the burners so it will be good to be able to remove them.

The propane grill I now have is small and will not accommodate 2 large pots or 1 large pot and 1 canner, which is why I decided to see what else was available.

Here's a quick YouTube video that shows a guy repairing old gas grill burners, and you'll see this part is easy.

Source: https://youtube.com/watch?v=BNuCZ1KERds

Dennis

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Dawn (13th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012)

21. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

The Volcano stove was my choice for a stove. It will burn propane, wood or charcoal. The stove can collapse to make it more portable during an evacuation.

It can be used with a dutch oven or a flexible accessory oven for baking.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (7th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), ThePythonicCow (8th September 2012)

23. Link to Post #93
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks, rmauersr. I think you posted a link before, and I probably bookmarked it without really checking it out. That thing is cool! Big advantage of portability (anything from a "bug-out bag" to camping) over a backyard grill. The big backyard grill would be left behind in a bug-out situation, but would be a better choice for the idea of outdoor canning (those 2 heavy pots of soup, canning water, or the pressure cooker.)

Thanks for posting that!

Dennis

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Dawn (13th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), Ron Mauer Sr (7th September 2012)

25. Link to Post #94
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

To me the rocket stove is where its at. If you have to cook with several pots have two rocket stoves. A very small amount of wood will go a long way. Its not portable though... but if you have a car you can transport the parts easy enough. Its my choice because sage brush would be my main fuel but any sticks will do

this is the high tech fancy version and check out the roctet ovens: http://www.rocketstove.org/

I like this one: https://youtube.com/watch?v=P6Val...eature=related

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Anchor (12th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (11th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012)

27. Link to Post #95
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,543 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by EYES WIDE OPEN (here)
    What medications / Vitimins are people stocking up on?
    Heres some of what I have going...

MMS1 and MMS22
    Vitamin c
    Vitamin D3
    Multi B
    Lugol's iodine ( pretty soon Im gonna teach myself how to make it)
    pycogenol
    genitan violet
    boric acid

From the drug store:
    pseudophedrine
    zyrtec
    mucinex
    ibuprofen
    H202
    rubbing alchohol

Colloidal Silver generator

Hand lotions (working in the soil tears them up)

Baking Soda

A homeopathic kit with 300 remedies in two potencies
    Machine to make lipsomal vitamin c

Starting to plant medicinal plants that include;
    bloodroot
    sheep sorrel
    burdock
    turkish rhubarb
    Comfrey
    mints
    echinacea
    mullein

Planting Goji Berries

planting a slipperly elm tree next year

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (11th September 2012), Eram (11th September 2012), genevieve (12th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012)

29. Link to Post #96
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ideas for a solar-powered battery charger?

Something that can charge AA rechargeable batteries at least (for flashlights.) Most of what I see on the market is for charging cell phones, etc.

Dennis

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Dawn (13th September 2012)

31. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)

Something that can charge AA rechargeable batteries at least (for flashlights.) Most of what I see on the market is for charging cell phones, etc.

Dennis
    Dennis, You might give consideration to using some components you probably already have. If you already have a charging device powered by 120VAC, here is another way to solve the problem.

• Use a 12V solar panel connected to your car battery to keep the battery charged.
    • Purchase a small 12VDC to 120VAC inverter.
    • Connect the AAA battery charger to the inverter output.
    This takes a few more parts but gives you the capability of powering other low power consuming devices from the 120VAC inverter output.

15 Watt Solar Panel $89.95

Inverter $25.09

Just stumbled upon this solar charger $38.49 which is closer to what you asked for. But consider the versatility of the other options above.

A coarse rule of thumb: If a 12 Volt battery is charged at 15 amps for 60 minutes, that charge is good for running a 120 Volt 15 amp appliance for 6 minutes, or a 1.5 amp (90 watts) appliance for 60 minutes. Results will be a little less than that due to the efficiency of the inverter but the inverters are pretty efficient.
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 12th September 2012 at 01:53.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (12th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), spiritwind (12th September 2012)

33. Link to Post #98
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,998 times in 449 posts

EYES WIDE OPEN--

These are items I feel are bottom-line essential:

Number one, of course, is water. Make sure you have plenty of really good water and keep yourself well hydrated. I recommend

--Pro Pur (as seen on Alex Jones's site)--it's a drip filter, not connected to a faucet

For excellent information re water and how important being properly hydrated is
    I recommend this website

--Dancing with Water

Our bodies MUST have magnesium, potassium and iodine to operate efficiently

--magnesium oil
    --Lugol's iodine (aka: potassium iodide)

Our bodies also need trace minerals

--sea salt (e.g., Real Salt, Himalayan, etc.)

Our acid/alkaline balance (pH) REALLY makes a difference to how our bodies function

--organic apple cider vinegar
    --baking soda--better is potassium bicarbonate [EDIT per Paul's info in post #99 on this thread]
    --pH test strips

Other bottom-line nutrients from

--super green food drinks (take your pick, but go organic)
    --honey

And don't forget this wondrous food/health enhancer

--coconut oil

Plus: I had a horrible case of scabies for a year (!) until I discovered clove oil and wiped them out very quickly. Believe me, once you've had scabies and found a quick cure, you'd never want to be without it. It worked so quickly that I could hardly believe they were gone. Six months later, I'm still dealing with the aftermath of the devastation of my skin. And it's probably good for other skin infestations as well.

--clove oil (dilute it to NO MORE than 6% with a carrier oil [e.g. olive oil])

I purchased most of these items from Swanson's Vitamins online and Amazon (compare prices between these two--Swanson's actually sells coconut oil less expensively than Amazon!).

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
    Genevieve

EDIT: Thanks VERY much, Paul.
    Last edited by genevieve; 14th September 2012 at 01:12.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to genevieve For This Post:

Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012), ThePythonicCow (12th September 2012)

35. Link to Post #99
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by genevieve (here)
    --baking soda
    Instead of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), I'd suggest potassium bicarbonate. Most of us are more in need of potassium than sodium, and potassium contributes more to keeping the body alkaline than does sodium.

The following article discusses potassium bicarbonate: Diet, evolution and aging -- The pathophysiologic effects of the post-agricultural inversion of the potassium-to-sodium and base-to-chloride ratios in the human diet, by Frassetto L, Morris RC Jr, Sellmeyer DE, Todd K, Sebastian A. (pdf). It's a valuable article; once you've read it, you will likely never recommend sodium bicarbonate over potassium bicarbonate again.

You can get food grade potassium bicarbonate from wine making supply shops, or from nuts.com. It is used (as is acidic calcium chloride) to control the pH of wine.

I add Himalayan pink salt, potassium bicarbonate, Willard water (especially for the sulfates) and fulvic ionic minerals to my drinking water (after using reverse osmosis, various carbon filters and distillation to remove all the crap from it.) When I pour that water into my glass, it fizzes from all the oxygen dissolved into the water, almost as it were carbonated. "Regular" commercial carbonation uses CO2, which is rather acidic and not recommended. But oxygen fizz is a sign of healthy water.

Whenever I tinker with my drinking water "recipe", I use pH strips and a dissolved solids meter, such as the TDS-3, to verify that the result is alkaline and has roughly two or three hundred parts per million dissolved solids (the minerals I added, not the original crap in my municipal water.)

The essential reason we want to keep our bodies slightly alkaline is that our bodies are electric ... they depend on complex electromagnetic fields and currents for the very essence of life. Acids are (positive) proton donors, which means (negative) electron thieves, reducing the conductivity of our body's tissues. Alkalines (bases) are proton thieves, which means electron donors, increasing the conductivity of our body's tissues. As can be read in the above linked pdf, there has been a major shift in our civilized diet from alkaline foods to acidic foods, which contributes to the de-energizing, dumbing down, of humanity.

I recently added 25 pounds of potassium bicarbonate to my supplies, obtained in bulk from an online supplier to wine makers. I repackaged it into several small bags, evacuating the air using a "Food Saver", so that it will keep a long time. Air degrades it. Every year or two, I can open another bag.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 12th September 2012 at 19:06.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), genevieve (14th September 2012)

37. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)

Dennis
    Hi Dennis,

This is the solar charger I have. Just purchased it recently. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but it does have favorable reveiws:

http://www.ccrane.com/more-categorie...y-charger.aspx

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Arrowwind (13th September 2012), Dawn (13th September 2012), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2012), Eram (13th September 2012), RunningDeer (13th September 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast