+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The curious case of the vanishing wallet

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: The curious case of the vanishing wallet

This is a fairly common thing, often quite puzzling and frustrating too. In my understanding it's often the fae folk or in other words fairies playing a joke on you. They're not malicious, but they are tricksters and they find certain human items, especially shiny ones interesting. They "borrow" them for a while and then return them. They might do that sooner if you make an offering to them.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Anna70 (31st December 2022), Bill Ryan (30th December 2022), DNA (30th December 2022), Franny (30th December 2022), halcyon026 (30th December 2022), Harmony (30th December 2022), Icare (31st December 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th December 2022), Kryztian (30th December 2022), Magnus (30th December 2022), Michel Leclerc (30th December 2022), Nasu (1st January 2023), Orph (30th December 2022), RunningDeer (30th December 2022), shaberon (30th December 2022)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,506 times in 4,009 posts

I would lean towards "little people" of the "brownie" class.

Just because they are densely populated in Ireland does not mean they are not elsewhere.

Unless it becomes a trend which is actually "creepy" rather than just "weird", I would think a poltergeist or preta is unlikely. They can do a lot more. Like if you sit around watching blood pour out of the walls, then it is probably not a brownie. Rarely, a poltergeist might be somewhat friendly, but if you have been living there for years without any signs of it, probably not a haunting. I should by all means have a couple of ferocious ghosts right here, but, so far, no signs except possibly a general psychic vampirism. However I attribute this a priori to the general disrespect and desecration of the local "nature spirits", not brownies, but the river creature and "dryad" class related to wood.

If I could trade, I would take minor object tricks any day...but you don't want this stuff.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Alecs (30th December 2022), Anna70 (31st December 2022), Bill Ryan (30th December 2022), DNA (30th December 2022), Franny (30th December 2022), Harmony (30th December 2022), Icare (31st December 2022), Magnus (30th December 2022), Michel Leclerc (30th December 2022), Nasu (1st January 2023), Orph (30th December 2022), Patient (30th December 2022), RunningDeer (30th December 2022), Wind (30th December 2022)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 times in 414 posts

3 days is interesting since it was from xmas. Three being the number of creation or re-creation (recreation . I guess it is Easter when Jesus is resurrected after 3 days. But, I thought that it was from the Dec 21 solstice to Dec 24th where the sun seemed to stand still for 3 days and then reborn as it begins to ascend again? If so, would've been even weirder if it was those 3 days - but almost and still tied to christmas.

If it was more than just someone playing/messing with you, then maybe it is a message regarding manifestation/creation/death & rebirth. Just a thought.

"What does a wallet symbolize? A wallet is the place where we keep everything which is highly valued, and because it carries money, it is considered a symbol of wealth, success and ability. Symbolically it could represent the conservation of life and health. In dreams too, the wallet is a sign of luck."

"Dream of Losing Your Wallet Accidentally
    If your wallet falls out of your pocket and you lose it, someone in your inner circle will betray you.

This dream alerts you to be careful whom you confide in. Not everyone around you wishes you well. Some are out to harvest your plans, secrets, and ideas and use them for their own benefit.

Some will expose sensitive information about your personal and business concerns to your enemies."

Since Earth is also a dream, I wonder how often these sort of events can be omens or have symbolic relevance as dreams can. hmm.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Anna70 (31st December 2022), Bill Ryan (30th December 2022), DNA (30th December 2022), Franny (30th December 2022), Harmony (30th December 2022), Icare (31st December 2022), Kryztian (30th December 2022), Michel Leclerc (30th December 2022), Nasu (1st January 2023), RunningDeer (30th December 2022), Vangelo (30th December 2022), Wind (30th December 2022)

7. Link to Post #24
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,032 times in 644 posts

Back at the tail end of 2019, I was in the Seychelles (which turned out be full of synchronicities, coincidences, and enlightening events), but one weird thing stood out...

...I lost my wallet 3 times. Or should I say my wallet was returned to me 3 times, unaware that I had lost it.

Including once when I just got in a lift, I could hear my name getting called out and just as the doors were closing, a hand with my wallet came in through the gap in the doors to return my wallet.

To lose a wallet once in a foreign country would be unfortunate. Twice - A lesson to be learned.

But 3 times? Something in that I feel.

I think I was being watched and proteced, because of other weird and wonderful stuff going on at the time.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Anna70 (31st December 2022), Bill Ryan (30th December 2022), DNA (30th December 2022), Franny (30th December 2022), Harmony (30th December 2022), Icare (31st December 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th December 2022), Kryztian (30th December 2022), Magnus (30th December 2022), Michel Leclerc (30th December 2022), Nasu (1st January 2023), Patient (30th December 2022), RunningDeer (30th December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (30th December 2022), Wind (30th December 2022)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,530 times in 2,552 posts

Quote Posted by onevoice (here)
    Quote Posted by aoibhghaire (here)
    In Illusions, Richard Bach takes to the air to discover the ageless truths that give our souls wings: that people don't need airplanes to soar...that even the darkest clouds have meaning once we lift ourselves above them... and that messiahs can be found in the unlikeliest places — like hay fields, one-traffic-light midwestern towns, and most of all, deep within ourselves.
    This book can be downloaded here for anyone interested. I always found books by Richard Bach magical and fascinating.
    I had an experience with this book itself. I loved that book, and read it several times many years ago. And I always kept it in the same place on my bookshelf, kind of in the front of the other books, so I could easily locate it.

When I first met my husband, and we were sharing much loved books, he wanted to read it. (I knew he would love it, as he always loved aviation.) But when I went to give it to him, it was just gone from the bookshelf where it always is.

For 2 or 3 weeks, we both looked for it everywhere we could think of. We went over every book in the house (and there were many on a lot of shelves, as I do love books.) Then we let it go, and figured someday we'd pick up another copy.

Then one day, it was simply back in it's original place! I walked past, and there it was, right in the front of the other books where it always was and is.

I figured it was just a FUN, delightful little demonstration given by the universe of the truth behind the principles revealed in the book!

Nowadays, when something disappears, we generally just let it go instead of fretting, saying "Oh well - It's just hiding for a bit," and usually it does reappear, sometimes in the oddest places
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Anna70 (31st December 2022), Bill Ryan (30th December 2022), DNA (30th December 2022), Franny (30th December 2022), Icare (31st December 2022), Magnus (30th December 2022), Michel Leclerc (30th December 2022), Nasu (1st January 2023), onevoice (30th December 2022), Patient (30th December 2022), RunningDeer (31st December 2022), Wind (31st December 2022)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

When things you really need mysteriously disappear, there is someone out there who will find it for you:

You just have to ask. It works everytime!

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Alecs (30th December 2022), Anna70 (31st December 2022), Bill Ryan (30th December 2022), DNA (30th December 2022), Icare (31st December 2022), Magnus (30th December 2022), Michel Leclerc (30th December 2022), Nasu (1st January 2023), Patient (30th December 2022), RunningDeer (31st December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (30th December 2022)

13. Link to Post #27
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,207 times in 747 posts

There may be a more "mundane" explanation. Yet this "mundane" aspect of it is only mundane because it would be called that by (medical) convention. Such conventions however are like Occam’s razor: for all practical purposes they seem to explain the phenomenon, so why look further. Precisely looking further and allowing for a "spirit world" explanation may actually provide better help to the experiencer than taking a pill. Praying for the unhappy or smiling at the whimsical stumbling spirit will certainly do.

In the past year I have experienced: (1) a five-minute "fit" in which I wanted to say something specific to a neighbour, yet what came out of my mouth was gibberish: nouns and verbs replaced by other nouns and verbs, and that was happening consciously: I knew I was choosing the wrong words – then it subsided; (2) the whole hierarchical tree structure of my computer filing system appearing to be in a shambles: leaves becoming branches, stems becoming leaves etc.: this last for a few minutes as well; (3) this very day for about a minute I could not recover the word "wikipedia" precisely when I needed it (I am working on a largish project involving thousands of biographies for which Wikipedia is useful – and I could not recall the very word I needed to do a search (as in order to find Jeff Buckley I would type "Buckley Wikip”)): it only came back when I had the good idea that the word might be akin to the word "encyclopaedia"; (4) quite frequently (once or twice in a month) I cannot find a small item (like your purse, Bill) at the very spot I "know" it to be – and I actually find it somewhat later exactly there (that resembles your situation closely).

My "mundane" theory is that I have slight memory lapses (overworked brain, emotional stresses because of "the situation" etc.) which makes me "unknow" things that I know (which is not the same as forgetting them), and "unsee" things that I know to be “there”.. because I know what is really the case however strongly I may "unknow" or "unsee" it.

Weird and a little stressful it is (your crawling around in the garden Bill, think of it!) and exactly that makes the situation last, I guess. Also, it is not just "unseeing" things, but also "unsensing" them because my hands felt around the very spots where I knew the objects were that I "unsaw". There is a strange feedback loop at work, as in certain forms of paranoia, where the sufferer definitely knows that his or her suspicion is ungrounded, unreal, yet becomes even more paranoid the more he is convinced that the suspicion is only paranoia..

I do not allow physicians to have any opinion about it, because I do not trust them any more. But... the situation has started to amuse me – and that is probably the cure. My brain, or my poltergeist, or my polterbrain, or I myself as my own personal poltergeist may lose interest, as they cannot upset me that much any more.

And then again, we may just be for some time on the wrong page in the Akashic records, or have some sort of partial OBE, where part of us is on page n+x and another part on page n+x’. Or: I am just coming apart.. but then Willem De Kooning made many of his most beautiful paintings when he was busy having his Alzheimer..
    Last edited by Michel Leclerc; 30th December 2022 at 20:26.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Anna70 (31st December 2022), Bill Ryan (30th December 2022), DNA (30th December 2022), Icare (31st December 2022), Nasu (1st January 2023), Patient (30th December 2022), RunningDeer (31st December 2022), scotslad (31st December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (30th December 2022)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 435 posts

This wee story, is a perfect illustration of how little is in our control. Many players; seen and unseen!
    When you stopped playing (gave up the frustration and surrendered to the mystery), your wallet re-appeared. Yes, I thought also of the three-day pattern in the Bible, with resurrection. Christmas and Solstice.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

Anna70 (31st December 2022), Bill Ryan (30th December 2022), DNA (30th December 2022), Nasu (1st January 2023), Patient (30th December 2022), RunningDeer (31st December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (30th December 2022)

17. Link to Post #29
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Quote Posted by Michel Leclerc (here)
    There may be a more "mundane" explanation. Yet this "mundane" aspect of it is only mundane because it would be called that by (medical) convention. Such conventions however are like Occam’s razor: for all practical purposes they seem to explain the phenomenon, so why look further. Precisely looking further and allowing for a "spirit world" explanation may actually provide better help to the experiencer than taking a pill. Praying for the unhappy or smiling at the whimsical stumbling spirit will certainly do.

In the past year I have experienced: (1) a five-minute "fit" in which I wanted to say something specific to a neighbour, yet what came out of my mouth was gibberish: nouns and verbs replaced by other nouns and verbs, and that was happening consciously: I knew I was choosing the wrong words – then it subsided; (2) the whole hierarchical tree structure of my computer filing system appearing to be in a shambles: leaves becoming branches, stems becoming leaves etc.: this last for a few minutes as well; (3) this very day for about a minute I could not recover the word "wikipedia" precisely when I needed it (I am working on a largish project involving thousands of biographies for which Wikipedia is useful – and I could not recall the very word I needed to do a search (as in order to find Jeff Buckley I would type "Buckley Wikip”)): it only came back when I had the good idea that the word might be akin to the word "encyclopaedia"; (4) quite frequently (once or twice in a month) I cannot find a small item (like your purse, Bill) at the very spot I "know" it to be – and I actually find it somewhat later exactly there (that resembles your situation closely).

My "mundane" theory is that I have slight memory lapses (overworked brain, emotional stresses because of "the situation" etc.) which makes me "unknow" things that I know (which is not the same as forgetting them), and "unsee" things that I know to be “there”.. because I know what is really the case however strongly I may "unknow" or "unsee" it.

Weird and a little stressful it is (your crawling around in the garden Bill, think of it!) and exactly that makes the situation last, I guess. Also, it is not just "unseeing" things, but also "unsensing" them because my hands felt around the very spots where I knew the objects were that I "unsaw". There is a strange feedback loop at work, as in certain forms of paranoia, where the sufferer definitely knows that his or her suspicion is ungrounded, unreal, yet becomes even more paranoid the more he is convinced that the suspicion is only paranoia..

I do not allow physicians to have any opinion about it, because I do not trust them any more. But... the situation has started to amuse me – and that is probably the cure. My brain, or my poltergeist, or my polterbrain, or I myself as my own personal poltergeist may lose interest, as they cannot upset me that much any more.

And then again, we may just be for some time on the wrong page in the Akashic records, or have some sort of partial OBE, where part of us is on page n+x and another part on page n+x’. Or: I am just coming apart.. but then Willem De Kooning made many of his most beautiful paintings when he was busy having his Alzheimer..
    I agree that sometimes due to being tired, overworked, etc., we might not see the exact thing we are looking for and later we find it there.

But that is one scenario of which there are many.

I have experienced an item disappearing when I was with another person. We both could not understand what had happened. After a few minutes of looking around the area (and becoming more perplexed) I had a feeling which I followed. I said, "Let's leave the room and it will come back because I am not playing anymore." When we returned about 5 minutes later, the item was right there.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Anna70 (31st December 2022), Bill Ryan (30th December 2022), DNA (30th December 2022), Icare (31st December 2022), Michel Leclerc (30th December 2022), Nasu (1st January 2023), RunningDeer (31st December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (30th December 2022)

19. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

If it was someone else, I'd likely dismiss it as some sort of freak one-off occurrence.

But you've had numerous strange happenings I can't account for other than to attribute it to yet another curious and mysterious incursion into your reality.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Anna70 (31st December 2022), Bill Ryan (30th December 2022), DNA (30th December 2022), Icare (31st December 2022), Johnnycomelately (30th December 2022), Nasu (1st January 2023), Patient (30th December 2022), RunningDeer (31st December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (30th December 2022)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 times in 144 posts

I find that laughing it off is the best way to find things;
    maybe it's all just a reminder not to take things too serious.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TEOTWAIKI For This Post:

Anna70 (31st December 2022), Bill Ryan (30th December 2022), Icare (31st December 2022), Michel Leclerc (30th December 2022), Nasu (1st January 2023), Patient (31st December 2022), RunningDeer (31st December 2022), Sue (Ayt) (30th December 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2