+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Practicing Christianity as detached and apart from the Old Testement

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

Default Practicing Christianity as detached and apart from the Old Testement

The Old Testement God Yehweh is the same thing as worshiping Moloch, Baal, Saturn or Qutzelcoatel.

The world before Christ was one marked by slavery and human sacrifice. Folks jeer at Christians for being responsible for the dark ages. But to this I say the dark ages were the growing pains of a culture leaving slavery behind. And human sacrifice.

The Gnostic scriptures talk about Yehweh being the God of this world, this Universe but that the true creator exists outside of this Universe. This is where Christ came from and tries to return us.
    The God of this world demands many terrible things and goes by many names.
    When a religion legitimizes slavery, human sacrifice and pedophilia you know the God of that religion before you are told. Regardless of the name it is the God of this world.

Christianity as maintained in the New Testement is a banner that unites people regardless of race or status. And in the face of the elite who worship Moloch/Satan/Baal it is truly the religion that is the antithesis of what is being pushed by these worshipers of the Old God.

Native Americans consider the term Skinwalker to be taboo and a cultural abomination.
    Why?
    Because they know that those who practice this commit horrible acts to gain favor. Human sacrifice is a known fraternal qualifier. Especially children. It's because it's all the same thing. What these guys are doing is not really different than what skull and bones are initiated in.

Yaldaboath, is the Gnostic term for Yehweh. It means the blind idiot God.
    I'm of the opinion that this term is an expression that can be used for all beliefs of antiquity demanding sacrifice and torture.

I belive Christ could have appeared to any of the ancient religions, it just so happened to have been Judaism.
    As such in my opinion Christianity exists separate and distinct from Judaism especially in so far as Gnostics are concerned.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

avid (3rd January 2023), gini (18th June 2023), Harmony (3rd January 2023), Hym (3rd January 2023), jaybee (3rd January 2023), Johnnycomelately (3rd January 2023), Matthew (3rd January 2023), pabranno (19th June 2023), Pam (18th June 2023), shaberon (3rd January 2023), yelik (3rd January 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

Default Re: Practicing Christianity as detached and apart from the Old Testement

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”

This is direct speech of Jesus. Before you judge you need to be very careful in learning all Scriptures and also know that they are speaking for a very different time. Just with one verse you can acknowledge that God of Jesus is also God of Abraham, of Moses and of Muhammad too.
    There is also modifications in Scriptures through time (except the last one), but the main concept remain the same. Also if you judge in truth do not go beyond it calling with bad names and do not compare to Satan that is a creation of God and the greatest enemy of mankind.

Luke 4:12 Jesus answered, “It is said: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 5th January 2023 at 06:41.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

DNA (3rd January 2023), gini (18th June 2023), Harmony (5th January 2023), Johnnycomelately (3rd January 2023), Matthew (3rd January 2023), pabranno (19th June 2023), Pam (18th June 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: Practicing Christianity as detached and apart from the Old Testement

Quote Posted by Eagle Eye (here)
    Before you judge you need to be very careful in learning all Scriptures and also know that they are speaking for a very different time. Just with one verse you can acknowledge that God of Jesus is also God of Abraham, of Moses and of Mohammad too.
    There is also modifications in Scriptures through time (except the last one), but the main concept remain the same. Also if you judge in truth do not go beyond it calling with bad names and do not compare to Satan that is a creation of God and the greatest enemy of mankind. Luke 4:12 Jesus answered, “It is said: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"
    I appreciate the time you took to post. I'm of the opinion that your faith is absolutely important and something to be cherished and cultivated.
    In this time the phrase "there are no atheists in fox holes" applies.
    Whatever version of faith any of us have should be respected.
    Rereading what I wrote, it is a little harsher than I meant for it to be.
    I suppose my sharing my findings wasn't exactly a great idea.
    I was hoping others confronted with similar situational problems with how the New testement is always packaged with the Old Testement might be helped as I was in separating them and giving my reasons.

The Old Testement includes some pretty horrible stuff. As such I personally refuse to give any credit to this entity being worshiped in it and I'm not involved with glorifying it in any manner what so ever.

The Gnostics were a pretty good bunch, and their Nag Hummadi Library Scriptures are old. One of the oldest collection of New Testement books ever found. Many believe the writers had access to the actual books of the Bible as written by the apostles themselves.
    I feel they understood these old world gods very well. As I've approached life I've found myself agreeing with their sentiment more and more since first exposed to them 28 years ago. Especially when looking at who the elite worship.
    And seeing the strange correlation of those having the greatest wealth and power in the world seemed to be rewarded for their horrible behavior.
    It's almost as if the Gnostics knew something.
    They knew that those who worship and give to the God of this world are rewarded. They seem to have the wealth and power of this world those who do the rituals the Old God's demand.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Antagenet (5th January 2023), gini (18th June 2023), Harmony (5th January 2023), jaybee (3rd January 2023), Matthew (3rd January 2023), Pam (18th June 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,191 times in 4,071 posts

This is making sense to me. I only have a humble understanding of life, the universe, and everything, but here it is: God gives freedom but also freedom to create free things. Those free things can create free things that can create free things. After a while it gets messy like an analogue copy of an analogue copy but from the start of creation to where we are now, reading this, well... that's an insanely complicated situation.

Jesus came with the New Covenant for a reason and it wasn't that the direct authority over this material realm, and us, had got everything right. If you burn your hand in a fire it hurts because then you learn not to stick your face in the fire. But God is divinely more understanding and merciful than an eye for an eye in all situations, up the scale of cause and effect. In the landscape of God's freedom, to create free things ad infinitum, when we all have God's (much underrated) gift of freedom, things kind of get messy.

God can make use out of the demons and bad-faith spirits plaguing us, but not by their direct intentions. But we don't have to attack them or be aggressive, instead they have to deal with Jesus. In the meantime back to the point, the updated word is Jesus came to save us not to condemn us. Condemning spirits can be and should be washed away by the New Covenant. The implication is we DO have plenty of condemning spirits or god-like creatures, and even in the KJV Jesus says he has to send the holy spirit to help out next.

Quote Posted by John 16:7
    Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; 11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
    John 16:11 is the boom moment for me on this one.

But still very much thinking aloud, chewing this over. I'm not speaking as an authority or guru, more as a kind of big mouth schmuck

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Antagenet (5th January 2023), DNA (3rd January 2023), gini (18th June 2023), Harmony (5th January 2023), Pam (18th June 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,208 times in 747 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    The Old Testement God Yehweh is the same thing as worshiping Moloch, Baal, Saturn or Qutzelcoatel.

The world before Christ was one marked by slavery and human sacrifice. Folks jeer at Christians for being responsible for the dark ages. But to this I say the dark ages were the growing pains of a culture leaving slavery behind. And human sacrifice.

The Gnostic scriptures talk about Yehweh being the God of this world, this Universe but that the true creator exists outside of this Universe. This is where Christ came from and tries to return us.
    The God of this world demands many terrible things and goes by many names.
    When a religion legitimizes slavery, human sacrifice and pedophilia you know the God of that religion before you are told. Regardless of the name it is the God of this world.

Christianity as maintained in the New Testement is a banner that unites people regardless of race or status. And in the face of the elite who worship Moloch/Satan/Baal it is truly the religion that is the antithesis of what is being pushed by these worshipers of the Old God.

Native Americans consider the term Skinwalker to be taboo and a cultural abomination.
    Why?
    Because they know that those who practice this commit horrible acts to gain favor. Human sacrifice is a known fraternal qualifier. Especially children. It's because it's all the same thing. What these guys are doing is not really different than what skull and bones are initiated in.

Yaldaboath, is the Gnostic term for Yehweh. It means the blind idiot God.
    I'm of the opinion that this term is an expression that can be used for all beliefs of antiquity demanding sacrifice and torture.

I belive Christ could have appeared to any of the ancient religions, it just so happened to have been Judaism.
    As such in my opinion Christianity exists separate and distinct from Judaism especially in so far as Gnostics are concerned.
    Thank you DNA. I agree with you fully.

You may agree with me on the following.

The most distinctive feature of Christianity (making it unpalatable to quite a number of other religious beliefs) is the idea of divine incarnation into matter, motivated by love.

While other beliefs often insist on the unbridgeable chasm separating the Divine and the human or the natural, Christianity believes that it is bridged, and this bridging is accomplished by a person who is – because of God’s desire to bridge – the “Son” of God. That God has a "Son” is already the first step in the incarnation theology.

The very point of God’s Incarnation into Man who is the Christ, the Anointed one, is that God loves Man and the human flesh (in-carn-ation: Latin caro, carnis means "flesh") to the extent that He not only enjoys to be a body or in a body but accepts to suffer in that body – and hence accepts to be sacrificed as a body.

And at the same time the very sacrifice of the Divine Body that is Jesus shows more than anything else that "human sacrifice" – and any form of human slaughter: also in war etc. – is not accepted by the Divine. God loves the Body because He loves his Son, so much that he wants to suffer and die with the body, and he condemns human sacrifice, torture and slaughter, because the Body Slaughtered is God Slaughtered.

(That is, by the way, also the reason why any religiously motivated hatred for the body – as it exists also in Christianity – is fundamentally contrary to the Incarnation. The Body is – as Christianity says – the Temple of the Holy Ghost, i.e. it is the place where the love of the Father for the Son, and of the Son for the Father, merge revealing themselves as identical.)

(On a personal note: that is why the whole New-Ageay ideology of “ascending”, “leaving 3-D behind oneself” “becoming more spiritual” etc. is suspect to me. To borrow the Greek term: it is hubris to think one knows better than the Divine.)

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

Antagenet (5th January 2023), DNA (3rd January 2023), gini (18th June 2023), Harmony (5th January 2023), Matthew (5th January 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 337 posts

Hubris is the name of the current modern narcissist consumerist dumbed down and even scientism mindset. It's pathetic.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

DNA (5th January 2023), Harmony (5th January 2023), Matthew (5th January 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Well we'll go to the Billy Meier well and drink for a spell.
    Group participation,,, manic energetic transmittal and receiving the excitation we came for.

Those of us who look side ways at each other from the back row while someone jets up to the pulpit to receive their anointing as they openly call for diety and then begin speaking in tongues.
    Those side long glances stating everything we need to say to each other.

Is there something there?
    Maybe.
    Is it what they think it is?
    Probably not.

Now for a collective eye roll as I make my way down to the pulpit.

Listening to my Billy Meier today.
    In the first ten minutes he talks about how the collective energetic manifestation of diety driven thought and faith can be manipulated by ETs.
    Can be poisoned by ETs.
    Can be turned into a sort of trap where upon after consumption can kill the consumer if they go against the direction set in motion by the religion.

I was kind of blown away by this.
    Stay true to who you are people.
    Last edited by DNA; 18th June 2023 at 11:01.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Harmony (19th June 2023), Kryztian (18th June 2023)

+ Reply to Thread