+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to the brave GOP blocking McCarthy as new US House Speaker

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,505 times in 5,654 posts

Default Kudos to the brave GOP blocking McCarthy as new US House Speaker

It takes a lot to stand up against the machine. There are at least a handful of House GOP keeping a rino from taking a leadership position. There is a lot of pressure and hope they can stay strong.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Arcturian108 (4th January 2023), avid (4th January 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd January 2023), ClearWater (3rd January 2023), DNA (3rd January 2023), ExomatrixTV (3rd January 2023), gini (4th January 2023), Harmony (3rd January 2023), i/o (6th January 2023), Icare (5th January 2023), Inversion (6th January 2023), jaybee (5th January 2023), Johnnycomelately (4th January 2023), Matthew (4th January 2023), mountain_jim (5th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023), Reinhard (4th January 2023), rgray222 (3rd January 2023), Satori (3rd January 2023), Snoweagle (4th January 2023), Sunny-side-up (3rd January 2023), T Smith (5th January 2023), Tintin (5th January 2023), wondering (3rd January 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,209 times in 32,905 posts

Default Re: Kudos to the brave GOP blocking McCarthy as new US House Speaker

Here's the story:
    Speakership In Major Doubt, McCarthy Caves On Key GOP Rebel Demand

Republicans' slim House majority in the upcoming congressional session means that aspiring speaker Kevin McCarthy needs nearly every GOP rep's votes. That's giving discontented conservatives powerful leverage -- and on Sunday, that leverage was evidenced by McCarthy granting a major concession to the holdouts.

However, it's still far from clear that McCarthy will be elected on the first ballot --if at all.

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/sta...62616851943425

In a conference call, McCarthy said he would agree to lower the threshold by which rank-and-file members can force a vote to depose a sitting speaker. Specifically, he said he would support a rule change that would allow any five members of the House majority to compel a vote to "vacate the chair." That concession, however, is partial -- some reps want any single member to have the power to force a no-confidence vote.

Normally a largely ceremonial undertaking, this session's speaker vote could turn into an entertaining spectacle that paralyzes the House. Since 1923, every speaker has won on the first vote. An 1855 battle for House leadership, however, spanned two months and 133 votes.

To be elected speaker on Tuesday, McCarthy needs 218 votes. Since no Democrat is going to vote for a Republican, that means McCarthy will have to persuade nearly every one of the new session's 222 GOP members to vote for him. Thanks to his party's profound underperformance in the midterms, McCarthy is working with the slimmest majority for an aspiring first-time speaker since John Nance Garner in 1931.

An easier path to firing a speaker is just one of many rule changes that have been demanded by conservative Republicans who are fed up with a top-down approach to legislation that sees mammoth omnibus bills presented by leadership for a straight up-or-down vote, with no ability to offer amendments from the floor.

In a letter to GOP representatives, McCarthy voiced sympathy with their grievances:
    “The simple fact is that Congress is broken and needs to change,” McCarthy wrote in a letter to his members, citing party leaders’ increasingly centralized power that has “relegated members of both parties to the sidelines, with mammoth bills being drafted behind closed doors and rushed to the floor at the last minute for an up-or-down, take it or leave it vote.” -- Politico
    However, McCarthy's concession and olive branch landed with something of a thud. Nine GOP reps who've yet to commit to McCarthy issued a statement saying that, while it represented "progress," "Mr McCarthy’s statement comes almost impossibly late to address continued deficiencies ahead of the opening of the 118th Congress on January 3rd...there continue to be missing specific commitments with respect to virtually every component of our entreaties."

https://twitter.com/RepAndyBiggsAZ/s...87910567317504

Among the unacknowledged demands: Conservatives want a commitment that House leadership will not work to defeat them in party primaries.

Meanwhile, the Freedom Caucus has asked for rule changes that include:
    • Broader membership in the group that doles out committee assignments
    • Allowing committee members to choose their own chairs
    • Allowing amendments from the floor
    • Being given five days to review legislation before voting on it
    The new session starts Tuesday, and the speaker election is the first order of business -- even before the swearing-in of new members. Representatives vote in alphabetical order, by saying a name. Watch for resisters to the McCarthy campaign to say the name of a fellow representative, or any name at all. (For instance, Thomas Massie could vote for Ron Paul on the first ballot.)

McCarthy can trim the necessary votes below 218 by persuading malcontents to skip the vote or simply reply "present." That's because, by precedent, winning the speakership requires a majority among those who vote for a specific name.

A failure to win on the first ballot would compel McCarthy to offer more concessions to the hold-outs. It could also lead to the emergence of a new speakership candidate. An impasse could also be broken by a House vote to allow an election by a plurality.

Thanks to the fact that several of the rebellious GOP members come early in the alphabet -- including Andy Biggs (AZ), Dan Bishop (NC), Andrew Clyde (GA), Eli Crane (AZ) -- we may know quickly if McCarthy's first-ballot hopes are likely to be dashed.

4. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Arcturian108 (4th January 2023), avid (3rd January 2023), ClearWater (3rd January 2023), DNA (4th January 2023), ExomatrixTV (4th January 2023), gini (4th January 2023), Harmony (3rd January 2023), Icare (5th January 2023), Inversion (6th January 2023), jaybee (3rd January 2023), Matthew (5th January 2023), mojo (3rd January 2023), mountain_jim (5th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023), pounamuknight (3rd January 2023), Reinhard (4th January 2023), RunningDeer (4th January 2023), Satori (3rd January 2023), selinam (3rd January 2023), Snoweagle (4th January 2023), Tintin (5th January 2023), wondering (3rd January 2023), Yoda (3rd January 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Here is Fox website latest reporting on House Speaker:

https://foxnews.com/live-news/house-speaker-vote

Quote Fast Facts
    The House GOP Conference met at 9:30 a.m. ET to hear McCarthy’s final appeal.

McCarthy needs 218 votes to become speaker. Republicans will seat 222 lawmakers, so McCarthy can leave only four GOP minds unchanged.

The House of Representatives leadership election went to a second ballot for the first time since 1923 after no candidate secured the 218 votes necessary to be elected House speaker.

The House abruptly adjourned shortly before 5:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday after three failed attempts to elect a speaker.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 4th January 2023 at 04:41. Reason: added source link

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th January 2023), DNA (4th January 2023), gini (6th January 2023), Hym (4th January 2023), Icare (5th January 2023), jaybee (5th January 2023), Matthew (5th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023), Reinhard (4th January 2023), rgray222 (6th January 2023), Sadieblue (6th January 2023), Tintin (5th January 2023), wondering (5th January 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

wow Crenshaw called his fellow GOP enemies...

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Alecs (4th January 2023), Bill Ryan (4th January 2023), ClearWater (4th January 2023), DNA (4th January 2023), Hym (4th January 2023), Icare (5th January 2023), jaybee (5th January 2023), mountain_jim (5th January 2023), Reinhard (4th January 2023), rgray222 (6th January 2023), RunningDeer (4th January 2023), Tintin (5th January 2023), wondering (5th January 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    It takes a lot to stand up against the machine. There are at least a handful of House GOP keeping a rino from taking a leadership position. There is a lot of pressure and hope they can stay strong.
    I hear Jim Jordan is being considered. Holy crap that would be amazing!
    Huge upgrade over McCarthy.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Alecs (5th January 2023), Bill Ryan (4th January 2023), ClearWater (4th January 2023), jaded joules (4th January 2023), jaybee (5th January 2023), mojo (4th January 2023), mountain_jim (5th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023), Reinhard (4th January 2023), Sadieblue (6th January 2023), Tintin (5th January 2023), wondering (5th January 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,400 times in 937 posts

The U.S. Congress has been moribund for so long that these votes against McCarthy are the most exciting thing that has happened in years. My own district lost Congressman Madison Cawthorn to a successful RINO push to replace him with somebody less controversial, more staid, who will likely just be a seat warmer.

I hope the fireworks continue....

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th January 2023), DNA (5th January 2023), jaybee (5th January 2023), mojo (5th January 2023), mountain_jim (5th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023), rgray222 (7th January 2023), Tintin (5th January 2023), wondering (5th January 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,012 times in 2,209 posts

Just tuning into this and realizing it's importance because the wanna~be~global dictators have to control both major parties or they suffer a loss of power...that's why the PSYOP against Trump was so vicious and deeply penetrating -

Saw in the Summary of the Twitter Files posted by Mountain_Jim on another thread that one of the Rebels, Matt Gaetz, got a mention....

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/capsul..._campaign=post

Quote Twitter Files Part 4, by @ShellenbergerMD, December 10, 2022

THE REMOVAL OF DONALD TRUMP, January 7th, 2021

This thread by Michael Shellenberger looks at the key day after the J6 riots and before Trump would ultimately be banned from Twitter on January 8th, showing how Twitter internally reconfigured its rules to make a Trump ban fit their policies.

Key revelations: at least one Twitter employee worried about a “slippery slope” in which “an online platform CEO with a global presence… can gatekeep speech for the entire world,” only to be shot down. Also, chief censor Roth argues for a ban on congressman Matt Gaetz even though it “doesn’t quite fit anywhere (duh),” and Twitter changed its “public interest policy” to clear a path for Trump’s removal.

The Republicans making a stand ARE brave - the Fraudsters who specialize in rigging elections must be kicking themselves that the slim majority they engineered has backfired spectacularly because it gifts a lot of leverage to a small group of rebels...

I saw this short piece from Sky News and at 1:38 I see that Trump wants the rebels to back McCarthy - now although Trump has many good points and god only knows had a rough ride as President I think a flaw of his was often having the wrong people around him - who then sneakily worked against him... I don't know but I don't suppose Twitter and those pulling their strings were worried about McCarthy...

US House of Representatives in chaos

Quote The Republican Party is in disarray in the US over its attempts to choose the next Speaker in the House of Representatives - having adjourned after six failed votes over two days.

The lower house must elect a new leader after the Republicans took control of it in the midterm elections in November, securing a slim 222-212 majority.

one of the comments below the Sky News video... and there are many in support of what the rebels are doing..

Quote Wow, I expected a more nuanced and balanced understanding with Sky News reporting on political events in a republic. Since when is it rebellious to not be a lemming? Electing a Speaker for the House is not a coronation but a decision dealing with the direction of a party and a nation. It disgusts me to see how many people prefer "drive-through" politics over actual deliberative governance.
    Last edited by jaybee; 5th January 2023 at 10:43.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th January 2023), Bill Ryan (5th January 2023), chrifri (5th January 2023), ClearWater (5th January 2023), DNA (5th January 2023), mojo (5th January 2023), mountain_jim (5th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023), rgray222 (6th January 2023), Satori (5th January 2023), Tintin (5th January 2023), wondering (5th January 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,244 times in 8,655 posts

some outlying views

Quote FLASHBACK: March 2022:

Rep. Matt Gaetz : “Give us the ability to Fire Nancy Pelosi, take back the majority, impeach Joe Biden and I’m gonna nominate Donald Trump as Speaker of the United States House of Representatives.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...esident-trump/

Earlier today in the 7th vote for the US House of Representatives, GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz called for President Trump for Speaker.

Steve Bannon on the War Room just called for Trump as Speaker as well.

At the beginning of the segment, Bannon showed the misdirection play from RINOs like Rep. Ben Crenshaw who made fun of Rep. Bob Good for doing what’s right and not electing McCarthy.

Bannon then shared:

It can’t continue on like this. This fight has been brewing for 10 years…since the Tea Party revolt in 2010.

All of the big guns running the GOP House are gone except McCarthy.

I said on here over a year ago, that Donald Trump should be the Speaker. At least come in for an interim of 100 days. Why did I say that? I knew this was going to end up…

… [after talking about a modern day Church commission to investigate the weaponization of the government] …What about Trump and do it for some interim period, maybe 100 days?

Would you not rather have Trump leading in the negotiation of the debt ceiling and the spending than some of these other people? Would you not? And that’s what it’s going to come down to. We’re hurling towards an economic and financial crisis just like the 1930s. We’re going through a dark valley…

< video of Bannon at link >

post update

Last edited by mountain_jim; 6th January 2023 at 00:28.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th January 2023), avid (5th January 2023), Bill Ryan (5th January 2023), ClearWater (5th January 2023), DNA (5th January 2023), mojo (5th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023), rgray222 (6th January 2023), Sadieblue (6th January 2023), wondering (7th January 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Trump becoming Speaker on Jan 6th, on the 2 year anniversary of that horrifying day (sarcasm), would be glorious but also not happening. We can dream.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shookid For This Post:

avid (5th January 2023), Bill Ryan (5th January 2023), ClearWater (5th January 2023), DNA (5th January 2023), mojo (5th January 2023), mountain_jim (5th January 2023), wondering (7th January 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,209 times in 32,905 posts

An excellent but brief and concise (17 minute) analysis of this entire spectacle, largely from Alexander Mercouris of The Duran. Enjoy.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (5th January 2023), ClearWater (5th January 2023), DNA (5th January 2023), gini (6th January 2023), mojo (5th January 2023), mountain_jim (5th January 2023), Yoda (5th January 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

still a master troll

(assuming this post is real, which I can't say I have confirmed)

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th January 2023), Bill Ryan (6th January 2023), ClearWater (6th January 2023), DNA (6th January 2023), jaybee (6th January 2023), mojo (6th January 2023), rgray222 (6th January 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...s-stand-ground

NYT Editor Ties Racism To Anti-McCarthy Holdouts

BY TYLER DURDEN
    THURSDAY, JAN 05, 2023 - 06:21 PM
    Update (1820ET): While we wait on a possible deal for Speaker, get this - the NY Times' Mara Gay says that "some" of the anti-McCarthy holdouts were elected "stop the tide of diversity in the country, the browning of America, the fears that surround that."

So - now opposing McCarthy makes one a racist.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/stat...pc6B2t3vfESC8w

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th January 2023), Bill Ryan (6th January 2023), ClearWater (6th January 2023), jaybee (6th January 2023), mojo (6th January 2023), rgray222 (6th January 2023)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,400 times in 937 posts

As a student of American history I had no idea that one needn't be a member of the U.S. Congress to become Speaker of the House--meaning Pres. Trump could become the House Speaker!

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Alecs (7th January 2023), Bill Ryan (6th January 2023), ClearWater (6th January 2023), jaybee (6th January 2023), mojo (6th January 2023), mountain_jim (6th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023), rgray222 (6th January 2023), wondering (7th January 2023)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

What many of us loved about Trump was that he was a disrupter, he rummaged through the political landscape turning over every rock and stone in sight. Well-established Democrats and Republicans ran from him in droves, they quietly united against him behind the scenes. Some so-called Trump supporters openly spoke in favor of him but allied with the never-Trumpers behind closed doors. What is being shown to the American people is the magnitude of the problem, the swamp is deep in both parties.

What these 20-21 disrupters are telling the American people and their fellow congress members is that the border must be closed, we have to curtail spending, we need to open all Jan 6th documents to the public and we need to debate term limits, all this just for starters. These brave men and women are to be applauded and held in high regard, not condemned like we are seeing on Fox News and the mainstream media.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th January 2023), Bill Ryan (6th January 2023), ClearWater (6th January 2023), gini (6th January 2023), jaybee (6th January 2023), mojo (6th January 2023), mountain_jim (6th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023), pyrangello (7th January 2023), Sadieblue (7th January 2023), wondering (7th January 2023)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

https://twitter.com/DavidBCollum/sta...3N32SqwdzYeQEw

Last edited by mountain_jim; 6th January 2023 at 13:31.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th January 2023), ClearWater (6th January 2023), jaybee (6th January 2023), mojo (6th January 2023), rgray222 (7th January 2023), Sadieblue (7th January 2023), wondering (7th January 2023)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

The Jimmy Dore Show discussing the Republican Rebels battle to keep McCarthy out...

Jimmy is away but came back because of his intense interest in what's happening - he feels vindicated because he was pressing hard for the Dem 'progressives' in Congress to Force The Vote to push for Medicare for All... when they could have used leverage on Pelosi in the way that leverage is being used now - he was criticized by many and the Dems like AOC caved in quickly -

He and the show's stand in host Aaron Maté are very pleased to see someone in Congress calling out the 'UniParty'

At the end there's a bit with Marjorie Taylor Greene, supporting McCarthy because he raised a lot of money for election candidates and Jimmy soon tears her argument down in flames explaining that those who get huge amounts of money from lobbyists are at the centre of the corruption holding politicians to ransom...

GOP Rebels REFUSE To Crown Kevin McCarthy Speaker!

Quote A funny thing happened on the way to Kevin McCarthy’s coronation as Speaker of the House. That funny thing is that McCarthy started moving all his stuff into the Speaker’s offices before he actually won the votes necessary to become Speaker, and now it’s looking dubious whether he’ll be able to. That’s because of roughly 20 members of the GOP caucus who refuse to vote for McCarthy – even after SIX rounds of voting. Meanwhile, McCarthy is doing everything he can – and offering everything he has – to the recalcitrant members to get them on board. Huh, turns out politicians CAN use their leverage when they want to!

Guest host Aaron Maté and Jimmy discuss this rare example of actual democracy at work, messy as it is, as Republicans try to settle on a Speaker for the next two years.
    note: there have been more than six rounds of voting now...

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th January 2023), ClearWater (7th January 2023), Metaphor (6th January 2023), mojo (7th January 2023), mountain_jim (7th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023), rgray222 (7th January 2023), Sadieblue (7th January 2023), wondering (7th January 2023)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

The latest....

McCarthy FINALLY Elected Speaker after 15 Votes(2:20)

not without heated scenes ...

https://www.infowars.com/posts/mike-...s-14th-defeat/

Quote Mike Rogers Lunges at Matt Gaetz For Voting ‘Present’ and Handing Kevin McCarthy His 14th Defeat

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

avid (7th January 2023), Bill Ryan (7th January 2023), ClearWater (8th January 2023), mojo (7th January 2023), mountain_jim (7th January 2023), Vangelo (7th January 2023)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,956 times in 2,108 posts

Let's now see what happens with the supreme court either this weekend or Monday ruling on the Brunson case, this could change everything in congress.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2023), ClearWater (8th January 2023), mojo (7th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2023), ClearWater (8th January 2023), mojo (7th January 2023), pabranno (7th January 2023)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ke-speakership

Here Are The Concessions McCarthy Had To Make For Speakership

BY TYLER DURDEN
    SATURDAY, JAN 07, 2023 - 11:00 AM
    After four grueling days and 15 votes, Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) is finally Speaker of the House - but not without having made a pile of concessions to a group of hard-line Republicans who think he'll be too accommodating to uniparty interests.

Here's what McCarthy had to give up for the votes, according to The Epoch Times' Roger L. Simon, who interviewed first-year Congressman Andrew Ogles (R-TN), who has yet to be sworn in;

I spoke with Ogles by phone the night of Jan. 6, 2023, before the roll call vote during which, it was said, two of the remaining rejectionists who couldn’t accept McCarthy personally would absent themselves so that the magic number would be lowered and the new Speaker could go over the top.

Apropos, Ogles informed me that what many had guessed was true. His absence from voting in a previous round was also planned. He waited to see that all was going according to plan before stepping forward to flip his vote to McCarthy after the initial round.

For Ogles, the basis of all the negotiations was to establish the rules of the game in Congress that had been altered over the years beyond recognition. As he pointed out, the rules of a game almost always determine the winner.

He shared with me a list of some of what has been roughly negotiated to date. The devil, as always, is in the details.
    1. As has been reported, it will only take a single congressperson, acting in what is known as a Jeffersonian Motion, to move to remove the Speaker if he or she goes back on their word or policy agenda.
    2. A “Church” style committee will be convened to look into the weaponization of the FBI and other government organizations (presumably the CIA, the subject of the original Church Committee) against the American people.
    3. Term limits will be put up for a vote.
    4. Bills presented to Congress will be single subject, not omnibus with all the attendant earmarks, and there will be a 72-hour minimum period to read them.
    5. The Texas Border Plan will be put before Congress. From The Hill: “The four-pronged plan aims to ‘Complete Physical Border Infrastructure,’ ‘Fix Border Enforcement Policies,’ ‘Enforce our Laws in the Interior’ and ‘Target Cartels & Criminal Organizations.'”
    6. COVID mandates will be ended as will all funding for them, including so-called “emergency funding.”
    7. Budget bills would stop the endless increases in the debt ceiling and hold the Senate accountable for the same.

In response to the outcome, Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), one of the holdouts, said in a statement that the anti-McCarthy Reps. "changed the way the government will be funded," and "changed the way committees will be formed."

"We secured votes on term limits, the fair tax, the Texas Border Plan, and so much more."

Bobert goes on to slam President Biden for calling the speakership process 'embarrassing for Republicans.

"How sad is it that us governing as the founders intended looks embarrassing to Democrats?" Bobert asked, adding "I'll tell you what's embarrassing. 40-year high inflation is embarrassing. 5 million illegals crossing our southern border is embarrassing/ Surrendering to ISIS and fleeing Afghanistan is embarrassing. Having a president that cant' finish his sentences is embarrassing."

< more at link >

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th January 2023), ClearWater (8th January 2023), mojo (8th January 2023), Satori (8th January 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast