Thread: Destiny

1. Link to Post #1
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 times in 467 posts

Default Destiny

I think the major part of our life is predestined and a small part of it is free will. If I would put a percentage I would say 70% predestined and 30% free will (in which we will experience the consequences of our actions).
    There is written in Scriptures that God encompasses everything and encompasses everyone's lives. We think that we have too much free will and we can choose what we want, but it's not the reality. In most cases we choose how to act around circumstances that happen to us.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Ewan (18th January 2023), gini (19th January 2023), Hym (19th January 2023), ian33 (18th January 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th January 2023), Matthew (18th January 2023), rgray222 (18th January 2023), Sadieblue (19th January 2023), yelik (24th January 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,222 times in 21,087 posts

Lightbulb Re: Destiny

Maybe there should be a special separate Project Avalon Forum Sub-Category called: "Scripture Study" sub-threads and/or "Bible Studies" sub-threads and/or "Koran Studies" sub-threads ... or just "Religious Talk".
    • but then again, there are already 100,000s Forums in all languages doing exactly that all over the world as it is part of mainstream! Just saying.
    It is not that it is "so difficult" to find them.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th January 2023 at 17:45.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Hym (19th January 2023), Kryztian (18th January 2023), Matthew (18th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023), XelNaga (19th January 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

Default Re: Destiny

Pointless reply, in my opinion. I think Spirituality is the right category.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Ewan (18th January 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Eagle Eye (here)
    You use the word "scripture" a lot ... so much so that it almost looks like nothing can be without pushing it to others.
    • Real spirituality is free from religious dogma of any kind ... same for "pagans" and "new age cults" they too have their dogma imposing on others often in subtle ways.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th January 2023 at 17:40.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Hym (19th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023), XelNaga (19th January 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

You use the word "scripture" a lot ... so much so that it almost looks like nothing can be without pushing it to others.
    If it bothers you, there countless of other threads where it isn't used that word.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Hym (19th January 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Thanks

If it bothers you, there countless of other threads where it isn't used that word.
    But you keep on quoting scriptures (without saying it is from scriptures) ... you do not have to be Einstein to figure that out.
    • You have Avalonians asking if it is from The Bible or The Koran (seen it several times!)
    Then after being asked, you are happy to say it is indeed from the scriptures.

It does not really bather me if it as its own sub category where all Religious types can talk religion 24/7
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th January 2023 at 17:26.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Hym (19th January 2023), XelNaga (19th January 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

It's mostly from the Quran, but I have quoted also the Bible and Torah. Someone who is interested will search further, no need to specify it, because they are all Revelations.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Hym (19th January 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Thanks

It's mostly from the Quran, but I have quoted also the Bible and Torah. Someone who is interested will search further, no need to specify it, because they are all Revelations.
    That is my point ... it is your only focus non-stop.
    • Again: It does not really bather me if it as its own sub category where all Religious types can talk religion 24/7
    • at the same time, there are already 100,000s of Forums doing the same!
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th January 2023 at 17:47.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Hym (19th January 2023), XelNaga (19th January 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

That's my destiny and free will combined.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Hym (19th January 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Thanks

That's my destiny and free will combined.
    That is what most of us are already aware of ... it seems that you are more interested in your own religious mission than truly learning new insights that Project Avalon Forum has to offer ... almost like hijacking the attention away by inserting scripture which is more than often is a "trigger" for others to ignite ensuring predictable chain reaction of "pro & cons" that are already discussed ad nauseam in to infinity in 100,000s of other Forums!
    • And of course you will find like-minded people "joining your mission" that is a given.
    I see Project Avalon Forum as beyond mainstream, especially beyond religious dogma!

Am surprised that I have not yet seen anyone challenging the founder of this forum if he accepts "Jesus Christ as his "only" Savior" ... not that I want this "challenging" to happen, but that is the whole idea of some (in my view fanatic) religious types including some Muslims.

Many controversial discussions on Avalon can easily be hijacked when people want to dominate with their religious beliefs. This is not only happening here but on countless other places. When I gave over 80 UFO lectures in 5 countries, I have personally met all kinds of people face to face pushing their religious beliefs on me. So it is not new to me.
    • And I am also fully aware that maybe most do not dare to discuss this whole issue! And stay silent.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th January 2023 at 17:24.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Hym (19th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023), XelNaga (19th January 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

I think your assessment of how much of our life is predetermined and how much is of our own free will is about right. I have always thought that the way that we think about life and free will in particular is backward. Free well belongs to the soul, not the human mind. The broad strokes of our lives are predetermined using free will by our souls before we ever arrive. We, as humans, have the ability to go left or go right, change the temperature on the thermostat or set the volume and channel on our TV but the important decisions regarding the course and substance of our human lives were made before we were born.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Arcturian108 (18th January 2023), Eagle Eye (18th January 2023), Ewan (18th January 2023), Hym (19th January 2023), Michi (18th January 2023), Orph (19th January 2023), Sadieblue (19th January 2023), Spiral (18th January 2023), Wind (19th January 2023), XelNaga (19th January 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,400 times in 937 posts

As individuals, the destiny/free will ratio will differ person-to-person, but in general my guidance indicates it's about 65% destiny and 35% free will.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Ewan (18th January 2023), Hym (19th January 2023), rgray222 (18th January 2023), Sadieblue (19th January 2023), Spiral (18th January 2023)

25. Link to Post #13
    Great Britain Avalon Member ian33's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,306 times in 467 posts

I think the major part of our life is predestined and a small part of it is free will. If I would put a percentage I would say 70% predestined and 30% free will (in which we will experience the consequences of our actions).
    There is written in Scriptures that God encompasses everything and encompasses everyone's lives. We think that we have too much free will and we can choose what we want, but it's not the reality. In most cases we choose how to act around circumstances that happen to us.
    i have a similar perspective, except i would say gods..
    the old gods being the stars and planets(including earth), that collectively you might call god, or the cosmos, fate, whatever label suits

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ian33 For This Post:

Ewan (18th January 2023), Hym (19th January 2023), rgray222 (18th January 2023), Spiral (18th January 2023)

27. Link to Post #14
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,830 times in 3,335 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    I think your assessment of how much of our life is predetermined and how much is of our own free will is about right. I have always thought that the way that we think about life and free will in particular is backward. Free well belongs to the soul, not the human mind. The broad strokes of our lives are predetermined using free will by our souls before we ever arrive. We, as humans, have the ability to go left or go right, change the temperature on the thermostat or set the volume and channel on our TV but the important decisions regarding the course and substance of our human lives were made before we were born.
    But how?

Both would be free will

Let's unpack it:

1. The soul has full free will and chooses a path for its human body. This will be the 'predetermined path' the human experience will have to follow one way or another
    2. Then human entity is free to chose what to do with events and whatever happens around it, they can't change the upper designed path, but they can on their own change how it progresses

Upper (higher, spiritual) free will followed by lower (physical, experiential) free will

So free will + free will = free will

Where's the part where humans don't have full free will? Even if it's a combination of both the higher + lower one, the entire experience is based on the concept and actual implementation of free will (as imagined, conceptualized by the human race)

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ewan (18th January 2023), ExomatrixTV (18th January 2023), Hym (19th January 2023), Michi (18th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023), rgray222 (5th February 2023), Spiral (18th January 2023), XelNaga (19th January 2023)

29. Link to Post #15
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

• Real spirituality is free from religious dogma of any kind ... same for "pagans" and "new age cults" they too have their dogma imposing on others often in subtle ways.
    I have to agree with this

The mixed concept of Religion = Spiritualism is broken by design. It doesn't take a lot to see why. Simply put, religion has caused more death than any other thing in this world, and we have also the Inquisition, i don't think anyone needs to be explained what happened with that, all in the name of religion.

These days nothing much has changed, we still see a lot of war based on religion beliefs, specially in the middle east. And there's nothing spiritual about it, at all

The day the world is free of "my god is better than your god, and my book is better than your book" then we may actually have a chance at peace. And by we i mean someone in the very far future because the way things go these days, i don't think we'll ever get to see that world

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Ewan (18th January 2023), ExomatrixTV (18th January 2023), Hym (19th January 2023), Ioneo (19th January 2023), Michi (18th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023), Vicus (18th January 2023), XelNaga (19th January 2023)

31. Link to Post #16
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

The people who point out how the scripture and how religious books have lots of human flaws, as usually replied to with some kind of answer like "you are reading it wrong" or "those parts do not apply to our current world"

Then the book is flawed

I find it hard to think that God would make such silly mistakes as written on the religious book we all know and read growing up. There's a human hand in them and it's hilarious how adapted to their times those writings are, that's why once the world moved on, the 'wisdom' is partial and lacking, and can't be considered seriously in lots of cases.

A true God written work would not have those flaws, and God would not be so powerless/lacking as to not see the future result of all those words. Let's accept that fact

We know those books were modified across the centuries and adapted to conveniently say that God was in agreement with whatever the ruling class or leaders needed people to believe. So just by that knowledge we have, the entire book is compromised

Spirituality, on the other hand, is born with the human, you feel it since you are a little kid and have not even began to learn how to read/write. You feel compassion, sadness, pain, happiness, friendship and lots of other things on your first years. It only develops from that after and through the years. And you don't need a book to learn about what that feels like, spirituality is natural and strong as soon as you wake up to this world

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (18th January 2023), Hym (19th January 2023), Ioneo (19th January 2023), JackMcThorn (18th January 2023), Michi (18th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023), onevoice (20th January 2023), Vicus (18th January 2023), XelNaga (19th January 2023)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)

But how?

Both would be free will

Let's unpack it:

1. The soul has full free will and chooses a path for its human body. This will be the 'predetermined path' the human experience will have to follow one way or another
    2. Then human entity is free to chose what to do with events and whatever happens around it, they can't change the upper designed path, but they can on their own change how it progresses

Upper (higher, spiritual) free will followed by lower (physical, experiential) free will

Where's the part where humans don't have full free will? Even if it's a combination of both the higher + lower one, the entire experience is based on the concept and actual implementation of free will (as imagined, conceptualized by the human race)
    Our souls don't have the knowledge of the higher order, regulating 8 billion lives at once. We wouldn't be here and in this situation, if we had that kind of knowledge.

34. Link to Post #18
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

But how?

Both would be free will

Let's unpack it:

Our souls don't have the knowledge of the higher order, regulating 8 billion lives at once. We wouldn't be here and in this situation, if we had that kind of knowledge.
    This changes nothing of what i said, this is you trying to fix your human understanding of things as a preventive measure because you don't want to consider things can work in a different way than what you learned across the years

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (18th January 2023), Hym (19th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023), Vicus (18th January 2023), XelNaga (19th January 2023)

36. Link to Post #19
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,466 times in 572 posts

65-70% destiny, 30-35% free will is what has been mentioned thus far.

I first thought that is awfully interesting. Typical thinking [or arguments] is either 1oo% either way.

But the more I think about these percentages, someone somewhere can not take responsibility for a big chunk of their life and chalk it up to 'destiny'.

The truth is, I remember all my bad decisions [as well as the good ones] and if I am to take responsibility for my life, all the good and the bad that came with it, after all these years, then it truly is 1oo% free will. [For me anyhow, maybe not for you.]
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Hym (19th January 2023), Johnnycomelately (18th January 2023), NancyV (18th January 2023), rgray222 (18th January 2023), XelNaga (19th January 2023)

38. Link to Post #20
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks

This changes nothing of what i said, this is you trying to fix your human understanding of things as a preventive measure because you don't want to consider things can work in a different way than what you learned across the years
    It means predestination is calculated according to everyone's lives and not what an individual soul choose.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Matthew (18th January 2023), nzn (19th January 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast