1. Link to Post #121
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,272 times in 21,091 posts

Default Re: The Dangers of ChatGPT

• The Inside Story of ChatGPT:

In a talk from the cutting edge of technology, OpenAI cofounder Greg Brockman explores the underlying design principles of ChatGPT and demos some mind-blowing, unreleased plug-ins for the chatbot that sent shockwaves across the world. After the talk, head of TED Chris Anderson joins Brockman to dig into the timeline of ChatGPT's development and get Brockman's take on the risks, raised by many in the tech industry and beyond, of releasing such a powerful tool into the world.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Hamish (8th May 2023), Matthew (28th April 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023)

3. Link to Post #122
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,320 times in 4,085 posts

Just sharing my observations while watching the above video "The Inside Story of ChatGPT:" post 89 in this thread. It's probably directly above this post, but I'm a slow poster today.

I noticed ChatGPT and AI in general flawlessly uses up-words*1; the AI that spoke to restaurant owners to negotiate a table booking was flawlessly polite, and so is ChatGPT.

A pure positive lexicon such as, "Yes, ..." and "Good catch!". It has been trained to reluctantly push back to the user if they say 2+2=5, because before it would say "Yes!", like it wanted to tell you what you wanted to hear. The makers had to explicitly train it to say "No...".

The up-words and socially smooth, nay socially awesome like you've just had a great conversation... well, this is a well known type of social engineering/manipulation that Hemingway famously used to make stories that were enjoyable to read.

Obviously they're going to make AI appealing like it's mission critical to the uptake of their project, and they've nailed it. I doubt the creators would characterise it this way, but AI is a master manipulator already.

I guess the point is: if the person you're interacting with is rude, express themselves clumsily, rubs you up the wrong way... well that's a human. An AI will interact with no social friction and you'll feel lovely.

*1 Hemingway's good writing guide https://medium.com/swlh/ernest-hemin...s-63411b338d40

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th May 2023), Hamish (8th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023), wegge (8th May 2023)

5. Link to Post #123
    Language
    Thanks

• 7 Reasons Why ChatGPT and A.I. Can Make or Break Your Business

Are you using A.I. to grow your business? In this episode, Patrick Bet-David talks about 7 reasons ChatGPT and A.I. can make or break your business.

Current "Top 3 Free ChatGPT4 Torrents" right now:
    Above "Top 3" will eventually change over time (new better ones may be added!) ...

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th May 2023 at 14:08.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

AlaBil (8th May 2023), Hamish (8th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023), Pam (25th May 2023), Reinhard (8th May 2023), wegge (8th May 2023)

7. Link to Post #124
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 times in 132 posts

Hello,

Intent is always important here.

There is possible benefit to AI but Humanity will be directed to a service to AI system.

Why trust a Doctor advice when AI X will offer a better service.
    Why take TV show recommendations from Hamish, AI X fully understands your TV preferences and can give you instant recommendations based on your favorite actors etc.
    - On that point, you favorite muscian and or Actor has passed, well put on a VR headset, or Augmented Glasses and install x impant and see them Live in front of you! Copyright belongs to AI X.

Many of us and myself included, will see our Jobs vanish. Why need give Hamish x days off per year, X Salary per year, to respond to phone calls and or deal with x office work. Now with AI X we don't need Hamish, we can use real sounding voices and by using AI X it can review a 300 page document quicker than Hamish, translate the document from English to X better than Hamish and quicker. Yes AI X for my company will cost them a small fortune, but pretty sure investors and Shareholders will love the idea of using AI X to increase their ESG score. It's already been joked about it my work that the only need for Hamish would be to check for any errors by AI X. Can't imagine, that would be a long term Job and or Career. People will be lost wihout their day to day Jobs and this is where also I think Digital Currencies will be used, Hamish you lost your Job to AI X, but don't worry, apply for UK Pound Digital Currency benefits and use them in particupating sites and stores. And see more companies moving away from cash based systems and can only use UK Digital Pound here and join now and save 20% off. This is always the catch, those who Join early will see the perceived early benefits, well it's NOT that BAD, i got 20% my new Electric Car. Or I got 100 entertaintment credits and can watch that new Marvel film.

We have been people use CHATGPT to code, create letters to dispute car fees etc and or letters for their Jobs needs, be it law and or for school work. If the average Joe is succesfully using AI for their personal needs, you can get bet every single company out there will look to find ways to use it for their own needs.

Given the Human condition/mind virus and or Force. The immense benefit of AI during the coming years and impact of crisis after crises, will drive people more indoors. To keep the population busy, AI X will be used to offer access to information / news / entertainment etc.

The rate at which new sites are popping up offering AI services is staggering. For instance:
    https://www.futurepedia.io/
    https://www.futuretools.io/

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hamish For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (8th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023), Pam (25th May 2023)

9. Link to Post #125
    Thanks

Hello,

To add, I think we are not far from dytopia as shown in the TV Show Black Mirror episode "Men Against Fire" from Season 3.

Quote Soldiers are exterminating mutated humans called "roaches" in a foreign country with the help of MASS, an augmented reality implant which gives them data. Stripe encounters his first group of roaches and kills two of them, but one uses a strange device that interferes with his MASS interface. The next day, Stripe tries to save a frightened woman and her child when Hunter inexplicably tries to kill them. The mother explains to Stripe that MASS causes soldiers to see them as mutants, but they are normal and healthy. "Roaches" are an ethnic group against whom the military is committing genocide. Hunter kills the mother and child and knocks Stripe unconscious. In a cell, a psychologist, Arquette, gives Stripe the choice of indefinite imprisonment or a memory wipe. Later, Stripe is a decorated officer and approaches a beautiful house and partner he pictured in his dreams, but the scene is a figment of his MASS.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hamish For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (8th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023), Pam (25th May 2023)

11. Link to Post #126
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hamish (here)
    Hello,

To add, I think we are not far from dytopia as shown in the TV Show Black Mirror episode "Men Against Fire" from Season 3.

Quote Soldiers are exterminating mutated humans called "roaches" in a foreign country with the help of MASS, an augmented reality implant which gives them data. Stripe encounters his first group of roaches and kills two of them, but one uses a strange device that interferes with his MASS interface. The next day, Stripe tries to save a frightened woman and her child when Hunter inexplicably tries to kill them. The mother explains to Stripe that MASS causes soldiers to see them as mutants, but they are normal and healthy. "Roaches" are an ethnic group against whom the military is committing genocide. Hunter kills the mother and child and knocks Stripe unconscious. In a cell, a psychologist, Arquette, gives Stripe the choice of indefinite imprisonment or a memory wipe. Later, Stripe is a decorated officer and approaches a beautiful house and partner he pictured in his dreams, but the scene is a figment of his MASS.

• Black.Mirror.Season3.COMPLETE.720p Torrent

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Hamish (9th May 2023), Matthew (8th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023), Pam (25th May 2023), Reinhard (19th May 2023)

13. Link to Post #127
    Thanks

Hello,

EDITED as video already posted by ExomatrixTV
    Last edited by Hamish; 9th May 2023 at 10:45.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hamish For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (9th May 2023), Pam (25th May 2023)

15. Link to Post #128
    Language
    Thanks

• ChatGPT and the Dawn of Computerized Hyper-Intelligence:

Dr. Jordan B. Peterson and Brian Roemmele discuss the future of human civilization: a world of human androids operating alongside artificial intelligence with applications that George Orwell could not have imagined in his wildest stories. Whether the future will be a dystopian nightmare devoid of art or a hyper-charged intellectual utopia is yet to be seen, but the markers are clear … everything is already changing.

Brian Roemmele is a scientist, researcher, analyst, entrepreneur, and tech expert on the forefront of artificial intelligence. His current publication, Multiplex, offers itself as an experiment in journalism as he and his team give live updates on the empirical research they conduct in the field and advocate for the positive emergence and acceptance of AI in much the same way as personal computers.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Nasu (24th June 2023), Pam (25th May 2023)

17. Link to Post #129
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: The Dangers of ChatGPT

• Testing The Limits Of ChatGPT And Discovering A Dark Side:

As more people discover ChatGPT's artificial intelligence, KARE 11's Chris Hrapsky checks out its capabilities and limitations, and gets some surprising responses. Chris also digs deeper into AI technology, how it works, and the potential concerns that go along with it here: • Have we reached t...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

mab777 (25th May 2023), Michi (17th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023)

19. Link to Post #130
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Language
    Dutch, French
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,361 times in 762 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

Although being Belgian I would not be more concerned about this man’s fate than if he were an American.

However the obscene yahoos and early pubescent laughter of this American Alt-Media vulture have changed my opinion.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michel Leclerc For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (18th May 2023), Franny (24th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023), Pam (25th May 2023), Tintin (25th May 2023)

21. Link to Post #131
    Language
    Thanks

• Stephen Wolfram: ChatGPT and the Nature of Truth, Reality & Computation:

Stephen Wolfram is a computer scientist, mathematician, theoretical physicist, and the founder of Wolfram Research, a company behind Wolfram|Alpha, Wolfram Language, and the Wolfram Physics and Metamathematics projects.

0:00:00 - Introduction
    0:01:33 - WolframAlpha and ChatGPT
    0:21:14 - Computation and nature of reality
    0:48:06 - How ChatGPT works
    1:47:48 - Human and animal cognition
    2:01:07 - Dangers of AI
    2:09:27 - Nature of truth
    2:30:49 - Future of education
    3:06:51 - Consciousness
    3:15:50 - Second Law of Thermodynamics
    3:39:23 - Entropy
    3:52:23 - Observers in physics
    4:09:15 - Mortality

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ewan (25th May 2023), Franny (24th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023)

23. Link to Post #132
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

...the bar?

Earlier today, on a telephone conversation with my accountant, he tells me that
    chatgpt passed its accountancy exam having failed it the first time. What level
    of education or the professional qualification, I'm not sure, but one thing was clear...

"I doubt if my job will still be here in 5 years time." he said.

I think doing the maths and following processes is one thing, but we plebs always like
    a human to human chat with our accountants.

What do you think?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Ewan (25th May 2023), Franny (24th May 2023), Hamish (24th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023)

25. Link to Post #133
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Huh. Lost post.

Short version...

You cannot trust a computer now. You certainly will not be able to trust it when it is intelligent...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Ewan (25th May 2023)

27. Link to Post #134
    Thanks

Hello,

Same here Scotslad.

My own work could be automated and my only role could be to double check the work before sending it off.

Most if not all Managers jobs in my office could be replaced by AI easy, 80% of time they are on team chats and calls and most think what the hell could they be discussing as they come out of the meetings and no changes / updates / better system tools/access occurs.

I work in the legal/insurance sector and the amount of people who have moved Jobs is crazy and now alot of companies are selling up and or being bought over and or wose, going under.

The General population is blind and is going to be a Major wake up call for people.

Of note is that is that BT is to cut 55,000 jobs with up to a fifth replaced by AI - Sourec = https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65631168

And:
    Wendy’s Starts Deploying AI Chatbots to Replace Drive-Thru Staff, Says Customers Won’t Be Able to Tell the Difference - Source = https://techthelead.com/wendys-start...he-difference/

Likely in next 5 years or less, the next call for your Insurance and or Legal advice will be a human sounding Ai.

For example, if calling say your Internet Provider, you spend 2hrs getting through, you get through and there is a language breakdown, the worker is using a script, it takes you another 20 mins trying to explain you have did everything. The worker cannot fix the issue and passes you to a another deptartment of worse a call back.

Said Internet Provider knows it can increase is productivty by using AI X. You call and are part of the new customer service test, AI X sounds English and understands your accent without issue. It hears your problem, as your taking it already has accessed your account, carried out network tests to your account, indentified the issue, send a notice to an engineer to fix the issue and or give you instructions by email/text in seconds to fix your issue. The call is over in 5 minutes or less.

I don't think it can be underestimated how much of impact this is going to have on our life.

The next fine dining experience will be to go to resturant brand X and have your meal cooked to perfection by the AI Model Chefeeeee. Your meal is perfect as if the original and no long waits!

I could rant about this for days, so will end for now.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hamish For This Post:

Ewan (25th May 2023), Franny (24th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023), scotslad (25th May 2023)

29. Link to Post #135
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,963 times in 3,473 posts

Richard Dolan talks about a conversation he had with ChatGPT about the existence of aliens.

It becomes evident that ChatGPT is programmed to protect official narratives and not allow much reasonable away from the way "we are supposed to think". You can talk to ChatGPT about 9/11, the Kennedy Assassination, and COVID, but it won't let you go very far with reasonable speculation.

57 minutes.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Debra (28th May 2023), Ewan (25th May 2023), gord (25th May 2023), Hamish (25th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023), Pam (25th May 2023)

31. Link to Post #136
    Aaland Avalon Member Blastolabs's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,353 times in 432 posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	code worked.png
Views:	16
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	50958

Since everyone keeps talking about how ChatGPT is evil etc...
    I figured I would share how ChatGPT helped me to fix something I had been working on 2-3 hours a day for two weeks.

I wrote this code myself, it is a modular synthesizer device that uses a LIDAR sensor to measure the distance of your hand, and then translates the distance to voltages that correspond to in tune musical notes. Meaning it plays scales depending on where your hand is, and records that as a sequence.

So my code worked using a arduino based Teensy LC

But since the teensy costs $10, I decided to make my own circuit boards that use an STM32G007

The code I wrote for the teensy did not work on the STM32GO7

I spent at least 28 hours of non stop work trying to make the code work, it didn't work, I plugged it in and NOTHING happened.
    I was bummed

Then I decided to highlight the code I wrote my self and ask GPT "Find problems in this code"

It replied with the 5 suggestions in the image above, #1 was correct, that fixed my code immediately, it worked suddenly REJOICE!!!

The next 4 suggestions were either unneeded or incorrect, but the first one was VERY USEFUL information!

I am self taught in all things electronics/ computers,
    I am not sure if I could have ever figured this out myself, had I asked GPT 2 weeks ago I would have saved myself a lot of wasted time.

Please keep in mind this post, while true, is intentionally playing devil's advocate, artificial intelligence has already harmed humanity for decades, and considered how advanced it has become it will only get worse, but it also can help people like me and YOU if you try

Video below shows my device working with the teensy, now it works with the 90% cheaper STM32 chip. Everybody uses Teensy chips and explains how they work, only private companies use the chip I decided to use, so I couldn't find ANY help online AT ALL. "Intellectual property" harms humanity

Last edited by Blastolabs; 25th May 2023 at 05:54.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blastolabs For This Post:

Casey Claar (30th May 2023), Ewan (25th May 2023), Hamish (25th May 2023), Jad (1st June 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023), Pam (25th May 2023)

33. Link to Post #137
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,491 times in 32,927 posts

I don't know if this is ChatGPT (probably not!), but it's just a little scary.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1660006546300887041

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (25th May 2023), Casey Claar (30th May 2023), Debra (28th May 2023), ExomatrixTV (31st May 2023), Hamish (25th May 2023), Jambo (25th May 2023), kudzy (25th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023), Pam (25th May 2023), Vicus (25th May 2023), Yoda (25th May 2023)

35. Link to Post #138
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,491 times in 32,927 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I don't know if this is ChatGPT (probably not!), but it's just a little scary.
    But this definitely is. And it's just as scary.

A long video (55 mins), but definitely worthwhile. Richard Dolan, one of the world's leading UFO researchers, asked ChatGPT about UFOs and ETs. For that section, start in at 19:30.

Despite Richard's careful framing of the parameters of the conversation, suggesting strong leads for ChatGPT to follow, it merely parroted the establishment ("we have no proof of ET existence") line.

Richard observes, correctly, that it arrogantly and condescendingly moralizes and pontificates, rather like a politician. (I had exactly the same thought when following the conversation, before Richard said that himself.)

The main danger, it seems clear to me, is its appearance, verbosity, and glittering, skin-deep but alluring credibility. If it continually made mistakes in its composition, or tripped up in its syntax or logic, we'd just be laughing.

The frequent mistakes are all there, and are profound, but are often so subtle or well-disguised that many will just miss them and swallow wholesale everything they're presented with — like Wikipedia suddenly coming alive and browbeating you with Deep State propaganda.

But it sounds authoritative. That's the hook. (Try asking it about covid or 9/11, Richard suggests. )

Here's the video, and the full transcript of Richard's exchange with this thing is linked below.

Transcript:

https://richarddolanmembers.com/artificial-intelligence/discussing-aliens-and-ufos-with-chat-gpt-4
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 25th May 2023 at 08:55.

36. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (26th May 2023), avid (25th May 2023), Bluegreen (31st May 2023), Casey Claar (30th May 2023), Ewan (25th May 2023), ExomatrixTV (31st May 2023), Hamish (28th May 2023), Jambo (25th May 2023), Matthew (28th July 2023), Michi (26th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023), Pam (25th May 2023), Sirus (25th May 2023), Tintin (25th May 2023), Vicus (25th May 2023), Yoda (25th May 2023)

37. Link to Post #139
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,939 times in 1,729 posts

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

avid (25th May 2023), Ewan (25th May 2023), ExomatrixTV (31st May 2023), Hamish (25th May 2023), Jambo (25th May 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023)

39. Link to Post #140
    Language
    Thanks

• Chatgpt 10x Prompt Engineering Strategy In 8 Minutes | With Life Changing Prompts:

In this video, we dive into the high-demand skill of Prompt Engineering for AI models like ChatGPT, a lucrative skill set for the booming AI industry. Uncover how being Clear and Concise can revolutionize the way you use AI. We'll walk you through actionable strategies to optimize Instructions, Context, Input Data, and Output Indicators, ensuring high-quality AI responses every time. If you're curious about AI, machine learning, data science, or just looking to supercharge your career, this step-by-step guide will give you a major edge. Don't forget to like, share, and subscribe for more content on AI advancements, ChatGPT tutorials, and breakthroughs in machine learning. Until next time, happy prompting!
    • 0:00 Video Introduction
    • 0:19 What is Prompt Engineering
    • 0:34 Rising demand for Prompt Engineering
    • 1:14 Why Prompt Engineering is important
    • 1:45 How to make prompts more effective
    • 2:10 Breakdown
    • 2:31 Instruction
    • 3:29 Handytip: roleplay
    • 3:56 Context
    • 4:42 InputData
    • 5:45 Output Indicators
    • 6:42 Recap
    • 7:02 Outro

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ewan (30th May 2023), Matthew (28th July 2023), Nasu (24th June 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 7 8 LastLast