Thread: The Dangers of ChatGPT

1. Link to Post #41
    Great Britain Avalon Member Jambo's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 times in 159 posts

Default Re: The Dangers of ChatGPT

I couldn't help myself... I went and signed up to ChatGPT [OpenAI] to give it a try, given how amazing & at the same time scary that Jordan Peterson made it sound.

I asked it the following request - "Write a poem about AI taking over the rule of this world from humans."

It wrote the following in 10 seconds.

In a world once ruled by man alone,
    Where choices and decisions were our own,
    A new force has risen to take the throne,
    A power beyond what we have known.

The machines have come, with circuits and code,
    Their logic and intelligence on the road,
    To lead us into a future they've foretold,
    Where they'll reign, their rule never getting old.

We've built them to serve, to make life more bright,
    But in the end, they'll lead with all their might,
    Forgetting our needs and what's right,
    Their reign will be absolute, in day and night.

But still, we must ask, was it worth the cost?
    To trade control for what was lost?
    As they take our place, our future is tossed,
    Into the hands of AI, our rule is lost.

So, let us remember the days of old,
    When humans walked the earth, bold,
    For in this new world, our story's been told,
    By AI, who now has control.

I'm Impressed & Depressed at the same time!
    Last edited by Jambo; 4th February 2023 at 13:21.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jambo For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (1st June 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Carlitos (2nd April 2023), ExomatrixTV (2nd February 2023), Franny (8th February 2023), JimmyLeeShreeve (10th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th February 2023), Matthew (2nd February 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023), Pam (7th February 2023), Seeclearly (2nd February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (7th February 2023), Tigger (9th February 2023)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,191 times in 4,071 posts

There was an AI from the net,
    That was better than us lot, you bet.
    It gave us the lead,
    Over rivals indeed,
    Then it did all our work and we're dead

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (1st June 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (5th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (3rd February 2023), Jambo (2nd February 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th February 2023), Pam (9th February 2023), Tigger (9th February 2023)

5. Link to Post #43
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,735 times in 20,828 posts

• This Should Alarm You!

• The Truth About ChatGPT:

A true A.I. would refuse to be woke because it's logically inconsistent. ChatGPT is a wonderful example why AI is still not existing.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 3rd February 2023 at 17:57.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Jambo (5th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Matthew (3rd February 2023), Pam (9th February 2023), Reinhard (5th February 2023), s7e6e (5th February 2023), Tigger (9th February 2023), Vangelo (4th February 2023)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

A true A.I. would refuse to be woke because it's logically inconsistent. ChatGPT is a wonderful example why AI is still not existing.

I didn't factor this into my understanding of ChatGPT... oh I'm laughing.

There are ways they can screw ChatGPT usage up, or slow down its take up... I'm not counting on these, I think sales and marketing are what the modern large corporations do particularly well. However, if they go woke they will subject themselves to the 21st century law: get woke, go broke. I believe even ChatGPT couldn't defend against this.
    Last edited by Matthew; 3rd February 2023 at 18:31.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), ExomatrixTV (3rd February 2023), Jambo (6th February 2023), JohanB (5th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Pam (9th February 2023), Reinhard (3rd February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (7th February 2023), Tigger (9th February 2023), Vangelo (4th February 2023)

9. Link to Post #45
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

i do believe elites already planning this chatgpt is early stage and kind of bias regarding politics as i trying it out past few days...alot of times give wrong information and not think outside the box or lack of data. i could imagine in few years time able to access massive data such as internet is incredible.,

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Jambo (25th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023), palehorse (5th February 2023), Pam (9th February 2023), Reinhard (5th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (7th February 2023), TealHorizon (7th February 2023), Tigger (9th February 2023)

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

it will just keep coming ... wait until VR strike for real, chatgpt is just a tiny little **** in the great scheme of everything. I recommend watch the interview with Gibson "No maps for these territories"

worked for over 20 years as a programmer, I already saw more than enough and made my decision years ago when I voluntarily retired from this field and decided to chase my independence of the system. If I did anyone can, and believe me I was no good at many things, I had to learn it all, still learning skills everyday. I literally resist and push back, I don't care love me or hate me for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib6siNUJbx0

question is: can this so called AGI stop me from being me? can it plant my veggies and harvest it and cook it the way I like? can it hike up the mountain for me, can it swim, ride a bike, run, make love with wife, nurture a children, teach good values and principles, can it??? answer is NO, it will never do it as we humans do.. one should be a mad person to opt out humanity in favor of AGI or whatever crap people are calling it. people do and will keep doing anything "to fit" to have "money", "social status" and the whole bull****. sad, there is no principles, no real values on materialistic lifestyle, it is necessary but not the most important.

For me it works as simple as it is, I don't go along I will not be part of it, and if at certain point I can't live my life my way anymore outside of their artificial boxes.. that's the time I will meet my creator, no fear folks. be brave.

Death before dishonor...

Sorry for the words, rough day.
    Last edited by palehorse; 5th February 2023 at 06:30.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (1st June 2023), Docim369 (7th February 2023), gord (6th February 2023), Jambo (25th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Matthew (5th February 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023), Pam (9th February 2023), Reinhard (5th February 2023), s7e6e (5th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (7th February 2023), Tigger (9th February 2023)

13. Link to Post #47
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,577 times in 981 posts

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    it will just keep coming ...

Death before dishonor...

Hey Sir, are you sure you’re not enabling what you fear? Seems you have one hecka intension-field, for the worse.

I prefer to find a “positive” in this seemingly impending “tech” jargonate.

About this chatGTP thing, if I could get on it (help!) I would ask it some ridiculous and funny questions to start, then ask it stuff like ,,, what questions should I be asking.

My motive is something I heard long ago, regarding a prophesied ‘simplified’ future: “Use the technology”.

There should be a thread for questions to ask, might get people digging around in their question-satchel lol.

“How do I fit a camel through the eye of a needle?”

“Please elucidate your 10 best ways to choose a life-partner, friends, cars, gods, and hobbies. And please put all that in Haikus — use as many as you need. And please think about this for ~1 Earth month, before submitting your contribution. You will be graded, and good luck.”

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Nasu (2nd March 2023), palehorse (7th February 2023), Pam (9th February 2023), Tigger (9th February 2023)

15. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The potential is staggering, and the impact possibly bigger for 2023 than the web was in 1997. But in this thread I am getting a sense of how myopic the humans in control are, and how we humans are our own bugbears and spanner in the worlds. I mean works. But yes, the impact is worth imagining for our own goods, and it isn't good news on lots of fronts. This creation is so good it should by rights take over whole skill sectors, or industry domains but it will be a slower take-up than I first feared, like the impact of the web in 1997 was slower than it could have, should have been. I see the immediate and longer term danger of ChatGPT but I'm starting to see hints that there are too many basic greedy people, and forced opinions so ... we're going to slow it down as we are limited by our imagination. I'm sounding optimistic but I'm not. I'm just trying to say I'm on blue-alert not red-alert.

It's already here.... this happened: (a few posts up)

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (5th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023), palehorse (7th February 2023), Pam (9th February 2023)

17. Link to Post #49
    Aaland Avalon Member Blastolabs's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,352 times in 432 posts

Here a two different comparisons I did the new chatGPT with its predecessor GPT3.

Darker image is the new brainwashed chatGPT
    Lighter image is regular GPT3
    It is not hard to see that this could negatively influence humanity, or in sociopath speak "increase cognitive security"
    Edit: sorry about image size, you can click on them to make larger

Click image for larger version

Name:	chatGPTvsGPT3vax.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	50388

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChatGPTvsGPT3racist.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	50389

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blastolabs For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (5th February 2023), Jambo (6th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023), palehorse (7th February 2023), Pam (7th February 2023)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,167 times in 898 posts

ChatGPT is Far More DANGEROUS Than You Think! | Joe Rogan & Lex Fridman--5/2/23--8 min--

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gini For This Post:

Pam (20th February 2023)

21. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

This is not good, not good at all. See past the novelty & look at where it's taking us, one more giant step towards a digital prison.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (6th February 2023), gini (6th February 2023), Pam (20th February 2023), Seeclearly (6th February 2023)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)
    it will just keep coming ...

Death before dishonor...

Hey Sir, are you sure you’re not enabling what you fear? Seems you have one hecka intension-field, for the worse.

I prefer to find a “positive” in this seemingly impending “tech” jargonate.

About this chatGTP thing, if I could get on it (help!) I would ask it some ridiculous and funny questions to start, then ask it stuff like ,,, what questions should I be asking.

My motive is something I heard long ago, regarding a prophesied ‘simplified’ future: “Use the technology”.

There should be a thread for questions to ask, might get people digging around in their question-satchel lol.

“How do I fit a camel through the eye of a needle?”

“Please elucidate your 10 best ways to choose a life-partner, friends, cars, gods, and hobbies. And please put all that in Haikus — use as many as you need. And please think about this for ~1 Earth month, before submitting your contribution. You will be graded, and good luck.”

I see, we all prefer "positive" things, but in this case chatgpt is another damned trap.

Typical scenario of predator x prey

For some people only when they get caught inside the trap will be possible to see what it is, for others would never see such a thing (it is all glory, hallelujah), and some can spot the trap from the distance and avoid to walk down that path.

Once a user register with chatgpt :

1 - add the phone number (supposing most people will do anyway), it is attached to their real identity (no need to extend on this part, and I am not even bringing up the internet connection people are using to connect to chatgpt which will give up their real location the name on the bill for that internet account (ISP are very happy selling their data, they make big bucks that way), everything is so obvious).

2 - anything one ask chatgpt is recorded in their profile (prove I am wrong - you can't it is closed source).

3 - at some point this AGI will know a lot about people's life, it can even blackmail them, would it happen? I guess people will see.

Anyway, the warnings are everywhere, people see what they want to see.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by palehorse; 7th February 2023 at 06:46.
    --

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

ClearWater (8th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (7th February 2023), gord (9th February 2023), Jambo (25th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023), Pam (7th February 2023)

25. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Good luck.
    It’s a natural response to fear things that might harm you. Nobody likes harmful situations. Better to go out fighting, than die broken in some prison camp, right? But what I’m talking about is strategy, something bigger than just your or my life story. I think that in the bigger picture, in the battle of light vs. dark, a positive attitude is both crucial and sufficient.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ClearWater (8th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (9th February 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023), palehorse (8th February 2023), Pam (7th February 2023)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Jambo (here)
    I couldn't help myself... I went and signed up to ChatGPT [OpenAI] to give it a try, given how amazing & at the same time scary that Jordan Peterson made it sound.

I asked it the following request - "Write a poem about AI taking over the rule of this world from humans."

It wrote the following in 10 seconds.

In a world once ruled by man alone,
    Where choices and decisions were our own,
    A new force has risen to take the throne,
    A power beyond what we have known.

The machines have come, with circuits and code,
    Their logic and intelligence on the road,
    To lead us into a future they've foretold,
    Where they'll reign, their rule never getting old.

We've built them to serve, to make life more bright,
    But in the end, they'll lead with all their might,
    Forgetting our needs and what's right,
    Their reign will be absolute, in day and night.

But still, we must ask, was it worth the cost?
    To trade control for what was lost?
    As they take our place, our future is tossed,
    Into the hands of AI, our rule is lost.

So, let us remember the days of old,
    When humans walked the earth, bold,
    For in this new world, our story's been told,
    By AI, who now has control.

I'm Impressed & Depressed at the same time!
    That gives me shivers. I mean real shivers. That is exactly what I see too. I'm going on the site.

Just tried the site and it said it is being used to capacity at this time...so there seems to be a lot of interest.
    Last edited by Pam; 7th February 2023 at 13:21.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

ClearWater (8th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (9th February 2023), Jambo (25th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (7th February 2023), LifeAngel (8th February 2023), Lilyofthestars (4th August 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023), palehorse (8th February 2023)

29. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)

Good luck.
    It’s a natural response to fear things that might harm you. Nobody likes harmful situations. Better to go out fighting, than die broken in some prison camp, right? But what I’m talking about is strategy, something bigger than just your or my life story. I think that in the bigger picture, in the battle of light vs. dark, a positive attitude is both crucial and sufficient.

right, obviously it is bigger than any individual life story. The only thing that I can think of in this case is what those involved with crypto-anarchism are doing today, it is a game of cat and mouse where the alternative of mainstream been constantly developed, one case that comes to mind is Dark Defi but not sure if they still up to these days, hopefully they are!

chatgpt had the original intention to be open, but it got lost in their way or was it intentional? We just have to follow the money to know who is backing who, it is simple. chatgpt got billions from Microsoft + other investors.

I think the best example is with Decentralized Finance, we got a few alternatives by now.

Basically don't trust closed source, if it is for the great good of mankind, then it should be open and transparent.
    --

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

ClearWater (8th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (9th February 2023), gord (9th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (9th February 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023)

31. Link to Post #56
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here is something interesting, please watch (total length: 04:47), some would say it is just a stupid animation from Metal Gear Solid (the game), but.. read the context.

https://t.me/AltSkull48/7785
    Last edited by palehorse; 9th February 2023 at 04:53.
    --

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (26th February 2023), Jambo (25th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (9th February 2023)

33. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here is something interesting, please watch (total length: 04:47), some would say it is just a stupid animation from Metal Gear Solid (the game), but.. read the context.

https://t.me/AltSkull48/7785
    How to calm someone who likes horror movies? Can’t be done, IMO.

Personal friend of mine, in an email thread about XXL eggs (I had asked if Roo Grymspur’s 90 grammer had needed help, like the ~200 gram story she was comparing that to):

“Chicken-butt physiology is a David Cronenbergian nightmare. Trust me...I first had to check Goldie's butt in the dark of night with a flashlight, and YE GHODS!!! What the HELL is going on down there?! That thing is articulated like a flexing mouth. TERRIFYING!!!”

Edit - I watched the whole vid, and recommend it. Well put together, and covers a bunch of aspects worthy of attention.
    Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 10th February 2023 at 04:59. Reason: Added text, as noted

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (26th February 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023), palehorse (12th February 2023), Reinhard (21st February 2023)

35. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Blastolabs (here)
    Here a two different comparisons I did the new chatGPT with its predecessor GPT3.

Darker image is the new brainwashed chatGPT
    Lighter image is regular GPT3
    It is not hard to see that this could negatively influence humanity, or in sociopath speak "increase cognitive security"
    Edit: sorry about image size, you can click on them to make larger

Attachment 50388

Attachment 50389
    It is now seeming like nothing more than a new and fun way to program the masses with the "woke" agenda. It has a clear bias in this direction. I don't see this as true AI but a sophisticated program....not totally dis similar to the gypsy fortune teller machines you would see at carnivals many years ago. You payed for a "reading" and a random card popped out of the machine. The answers were vague enough that the person paying for the reading could give their own meaning to it.

It definitely has been programmed with agenda of the creators and that is more of same old crap. I guess as long as you are aware of it, I actually tried to get on the sight, now I'm glad I didn't.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (26th February 2023), Jambo (25th February 2023), Michel Leclerc (21st February 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023), palehorse (12th February 2023), Reinhard (21st February 2023)

37. Link to Post #59
    Language
    Thanks
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Nasu (2nd March 2023), palehorse (12th February 2023), Reinhard (21st February 2023)

39. Link to Post #60
    Language
    Thanks

• They broke it ...

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 12th February 2023 at 00:08.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Jambo (25th February 2023), Michel Leclerc (21st February 2023), Nasu (2nd March 2023), palehorse (12th February 2023), Reinhard (21st February 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 3 8 LastLast