+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fixes for the issues we face...

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Default Fixes for the issues we face...

This thread is meant for identifying those things that we as humans are facing... So that we collectively have a chance at fixing them, before it is too late.

The one thing we must do is tackle the media buttoning up what is really happening regionally, so we can get real information, in real time, and do something about it. Until then we can post them here, and make others aware... It sure beats debating to the death, opinions, that go nowhere.

If we share about regional issues that are not shared openly, how will we know the issues exist, so we can come together and make a difference, rather than pick the players apart, and move on to the next "Hot Button" topic?

I would like to see people identify actual issues we are facing, and then get feedback about what people really know about such things... (Meaning if they are local of affected by the issue), and then actually try to problem solve some of the issues, rather than be led around to nowhere, while our fate is planned out for us.

I will start off by saying that I live in the US, and had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA that Bayer, the aspirin manufacturer, bought Monsanto in 2018! I will provide a link for the Monsanto page on Wikipedia, for those not familiar with the name.. Bayer is distancing itself from the Brand all together, due to it's soiled reputation, however the company remained the same as far as I can tell..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsanto

So, with this post, and link to who Monsanto is, we can discuss what they are./were doing.. Are there any farmers here whose farms were affected by their tactics to bring only GMO seeds to market? FORCING local growers to buy from them season after season, as rumor was, their GMO seeds do not produce seeds after harvest that can be replanted and bear a yield?

I am asking because I do not know, but our food supply CERTAINLY MATTERS.... And we need to start forming solutions on a larger scale, if we want to move forward with any comfort of survival into the future... We have given it away for ease, comfort, and out of laziness....

So WHAT ELSE should we be trying to actually "Problem Solve", rather than just "Following and debating"?

Any posts would be welcome on the topic.. I am not looking for "Content creators" with their "opinions" on the issue..., but rather, REAL INFORMATION, and things we can possibly actually effect....

Tearing issues apart until all the parts are on the table is one thing, but working on solving the issue is truly another. I for one, am very concerned that BAYER bought Monsanto. Both companies are involved with both Pharmaceutical applications, bio technologies, and our food supply. Add to that a large majority of the human population just gave over access to their bodies to pharmaceutical companies due to a particularly virulent "Bug" and well... Houston? We have some major problems.

I will share the first three paragraphs which show what Monsanto was best known for.

Quote Monsanto Company (/mɒnˈsæntoʊ/) was an American agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation founded in 1901 and headquartered in Creve Coeur, Missouri. Monsanto's best known product is Roundup, a glyphosate-based herbicide, developed in the 1970s. Later the company became a major producer of genetically engineered crops. In 2018, the company ranked 199th on the Fortune 500 of the largest United States corporations by revenue.[2]

Monsanto was one of four groups to introduce genes into plants in 1983,[3] and was among the first to conduct field trials of genetically modified crops in 1987. It was one of the top 10 US chemical companies until it divested most of its chemical businesses between 1997 and 2002, through a process of mergers and spin-offs that focused the company on biotechnology. Monsanto was one of the first companies to apply the biotechnology industry business model to agriculture, using techniques developed by biotech drug companies.[4]: 2–6  In this business model, companies recoup R&D expenses by exploiting biological patents.[5][6][7][8]

Monsanto's roles in agricultural changes, biotechnology products, lobbying of government agencies, and roots as a chemical company have resulted in controversies. The company once manufactured controversial products such as the insecticide DDT, PCBs, Agent Orange, and recombinant bovine growth hormone. Its seed patenting model was criticized as biopiracy and a threat to biodiversity[9][10] as invasive species.[11]

Adding those pedigrees to a company who handles our FOOD SEED SUPPLY CHAIN, is of grave interest to me... How about anyone else? As Bayer says it won't be changing anything... Just the name...

The list is long, and we need to start finding solutions rather than just documenting it, for reasons of debate. I do hope this thread gets the attention it deserves.
    Last edited by Denise/Dizi; 25th January 2023 at 15:38.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

avid (26th January 2023), Blastolabs (25th January 2023), Harmony (25th January 2023), Hym (25th January 2023), JackMcThorn (25th January 2023), jaybee (25th January 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (25th January 2023), Johnnycomelately (25th January 2023), onevoice (25th January 2023), pueblo (25th January 2023), Reinhard (25th January 2023), RunningDeer (25th January 2023), Vangelo (25th January 2023), wondering (26th January 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Fixes for the issues we face...

Below is a link to an article that describes how the larger corporations lobbied to gain control over the vast seed supply... And continue to this day to compile as much of the seed supply, or ultimately the grown food supply possible.

At this rate, on a whim, any one of these large corporations, for any reason could just as easily take those seeds away, creating a massive famine worldwide...

https://sustainableagriculture.net/b...consolidation/

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

avid (26th January 2023), Harmony (26th January 2023), Hym (25th January 2023), pueblo (25th January 2023), Reinhard (25th January 2023), RunningDeer (25th January 2023), wondering (26th January 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Below may not be practical solutions for the long term but some of it fits this thread with the rising cost of heating bills. It's a repost from Bill’s "Fire Drills" thread:
    The most recent items I invested in had to do with when the electricity goes out from the New England winter storms. My apartment uses electric heat.

I purchased a pop-up tent for two that automatically opens and it doesn’t require stakes. My plan is to set it up in the sunny side of my place when needed. I stocked up on organic candles (clean, non-toxic burn) and will use them for added warmth inside the smaller space. I have solar lanterns for a light source.

I also purchased several Therm-a-Rest blankets and poncho (which are light weight and holds body heat), a sleeping bag that is good for 32F and a Nemo insulated sleeping mattress that's designed to hold in body heat rather than it being absorbed into the ground. The temp range is 15F-25F (-3 - -9C).

It was a large investment, but in the long run it gives me peace of mind. Too, I use them during the day and at bed time along with the sleeping bag as a cover. I’m able to lower the thermostat day and night to save money on the ever rising cost of the heating/electric bills.

Note: Denise, I'm aware that my post doesn’t address big solutions towards the restoration of all life on earth. If it doesn't quite fit, I'm cool with removing it.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 25th January 2023 at 16:48.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (26th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (26th January 2023), Harmony (26th January 2023), Hym (25th January 2023), jaybee (25th January 2023), mizo (25th January 2023), pueblo (26th January 2023), wondering (26th January 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,453 times in 571 posts

People with less means seem to be some of the best problem solvers; or more importantly, the most creative [but the least heard]. The problem with wealthy individuals [or countries] is they tend to throw money at problems and are significantly less creative. One look at the billions they toss in the direction of ukraine ought to paint the picture directly; and this is one of 1ooos of opportunities. Adding more funds does not seem to produce the best results, time and time again. But they never seem to learn.

Documenting is important and so are the discussions; however, the solutions from such a small source will rarely see the light of day. Project Avalon is a very small drop in the ocean; but I think it is helping a little.

It is not my intention to be negative. I think the small solutions people take in their daily lives will ultimately contribute to the community and have global returns; but the same cannot be said for global solutions as a result of community inputs. Think of PA as a community of 13,ooo. Approximately 7oo are active participants. That is a little over 5% of the PA collective. If only 5% of your community is participating, what are the rest doing? Probably nothing. I have noticed some new people that engaged with the forum and then realised some months later they have disappeared.

I do not really focus on the problems that are out of my paygrade any longer. By that I mean, I have awareness of what goes on in the local, regional, global levels but I do not get too involved. There is that which is in your control and that which is not in your control and the best efforts are placed in the areas within ones control. I have a very low carbon footprint for example. That is in my control and is my part of executing actions that will contribute [in a very tiny way] to the global picture.

Given the situation I'm in, that is part of the best I can do right now in the short-term.

Arm-chair quarterbacking national and international events is not really in any of the masses best interests. Rampant common sense has no place in the upper echelons of rulership. The world will persist with us, and without us.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (26th January 2023), Harmony (26th January 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (25th January 2023), pueblo (26th January 2023), Reinhard (25th January 2023), RunningDeer (25th January 2023), wondering (26th January 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Below may not be practical solutions for the long term but some of it fits this thread with the rising cost of heating bills. It's a repost from Bill’s "Fire Drills" thread:
    The most recent items I invested in had to do with when the electricity goes out from the New England winter storms. My apartment uses electric heat.

I purchased a pop-up tent for two that automatically opens and it doesn’t require stakes. My plan is to set it up in the sunny side of my place when needed. I stocked up on organic candles (clean, non-toxic burn) and will use them for added warmth inside the smaller space. I have solar lanterns for a light source.

I also purchased several Therm-a-Rest blankets and poncho (which are light weight and holds body heat), a sleeping bag that is good for 32F and a Nemo insulated sleeping mattress that's designed to hold in body heat rather than it being absorbed into the ground. The temp range is 15F-25F (-3 - -9C).

It was a large investment, but in the long run it gives me peace of mind. Too, I use them during the day and at bed time along with the sleeping bag as a cover. I’m able to lower the thermostat day and night to save money on the ever rising cost of the heating/electric bills.

Note: Denise, I'm aware that my post doesn’t address big solutions towards the restoration of all life on earth. If it doesn't quite fit, I'm cool with removing it.

I appreciate your information! In the BIG Picture, IMO we must become sovereign beings who are empowered to act in what ways at the time matter and help. If we are afraid we are in danger of being cold and in the dark, that does not help. To feel unafraid is one of the most important empowerments. I think alcohol DIY Survival Heater/Stove is good to know about....

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

avid (26th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (26th January 2023), Harmony (26th January 2023), Ioneo (26th January 2023), onevoice (26th January 2023), pueblo (26th January 2023), RunningDeer (26th January 2023), wondering (26th January 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

The intention of the thread, was more to highlight the issues that we are facing as a whole, such as prearranged food shortages, and how to overcome them, and ANY topic, large or small, that may help the masses if we face a crisis, as we did when Ivermectin and other remedies were not made available, in mass... to the populations that needed them. And this is for WHATEVER reason, whether deliberate or unfortunate.

It was also for those that have been battling "Small" battles, that when affecting the whole, could start the demise of the individuals on this planet that are not in the know, based upon media being bought and sold, etc...

NO POST, WHEN GIVING OPTIONS IS TOO SMALL...

I saw over 60 viewers of the thread but no one had replied until the end of the day, which speaks volumes to me.. The masses want the answers handed to them... Sadly those will probably be the first to be either skinned alive for theft in a real crisis, as they didn't prepare, or they would be the first group to die off, in my humble opinion.

So THANK YOU for those who took this post serious... I would love to have more suggestions of what people are doing that works for them in any situation, as well as ANY AND ALL available information of regional issues that could or absolutely would, affect the masses, should things continue on the track they are so we can prepare for such things...

I see food, warmth, clean water, and shelter being the most pressing issues... Not just food, but also treatments in case of injury and or illness, and then protection. And minerals.. Many store up on foods that lack certain nutrients...

What I do not know, is how close to home these things truly are. How many farms are being forced by coercion, or public shaming, to close up and/or use only one season seeds... How much of our ocean food supply is tainted? What media has covered up real issues, and what do we need to know? What areas know what? Yet assumed everyone else knew, when we in fact had no clue as the media was blacked out?

Generators are great in a snow storm, but in a long term survival situation, well, the fuel runs out quickly... As far as solar? Well? The panels would be visible, so really how useful would that be if the next guy has a bigger gun?

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Harmony (27th January 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (26th January 2023), John'sKatya (26th January 2023), pueblo (26th January 2023), RunningDeer (26th January 2023), wondering (26th January 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,225 times in 2,172 posts

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    This thread is meant for identifying those things that we as humans are facing... So that we collectively have a chance at fixing them, before it is too late.
    I think identifying and working out what is to come is very difficult, if not impossible, that leaves the second part of your post above, collectively fixing any identified threats.

Because we don't know exactly what is coming down the line it would seem almost impossible to prepare, however I feel there are many things we (I) could/should be doing now, the following is a short list of some of, imo, the most important things...

1. Build local community. The importance of this can not be overstated. If things get rough it will be essential that we can work together with like minded individuals and groups.

2. Grow our own food. Again, I feel this will be super important, humanity in general has lost its connection to the earth that sustains it. Time to re-establish that connection. Self sufficiency should be one of our biggest priorities, now!

3. Focus on ourselves. Spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. It is essential that we as individuals are tuned up and ready for whatever may be coming.

I am sure other posters could add much more to the list.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (26th January 2023), Harmony (27th January 2023), Isserley (26th January 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (26th January 2023), RunningDeer (26th January 2023), wondering (26th January 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,577 times in 981 posts

Bump #3 up to #1, and I agree with your points. And emotionally should be part of spiritually, both as a caution and as good data. And mentally should be aligned with physically, like in developing and using tools.

Doesn’t matter how short or long the list is, if you get the first few items right.

Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    I think identifying and working out what is to come is very difficult, if not impossible, that leaves the second part of your post above, collectively fixing any identified threats.

Because we don't know exactly what is coming down the line it would seem almost impossible to prepare, however I feel there are many things we (I) could/should be doing now, the following is a short list of some of, imo, the most important things...

1. Build local community. The importance of this can not be overstated. If things get rough it will be essential that we can work together with like minded individuals and groups.

2. Grow our own food. Again, I feel this will be super important, humanity in general has lost its connection to the earth that sustains it. Time to re-establish that connection. Self sufficiency should be one of our biggest priorities, now!

3. Focus on ourselves. Spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. It is essential that we as individuals are tuned up and ready for whatever may be coming.

I am sure other posters could add much more to the list.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (26th January 2023), Harmony (27th January 2023), pueblo (26th January 2023), RunningDeer (26th January 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

The 'fixes' that are in the works right now are tautological in nature. That is, we have been, and are being, inundated by ideological memes that are beaten into our heads by repetition. There is no data to support the memes, and proof is not necessary for this type of psi-op. The fix is in alright.

In direct opposition to the above tactic is the 'truth bomb' that is right now reverberating throughout the scientific community. This 'fix' is turning the established, accepted, 'story' of science in many diverse areas on its ear. Our trite, simplistic, models, that are nothing more than the hubris of a bygone era mitigated by bias and prejudice, are losing their grip on the public's imagination.

We are learning that reality is nothing like we have imagined or have been told it is. In light of this, the fixes we require to survive are daunting to say the least.
    What's coming is not pretty, and for the vast majority it will not be survivable.
    There is no more going back to the way things were.

Humanity keeps making the same mistake every iteration of the Great Cycle. Humanity thinks it can ignore the plight of the least amongst them and go about selfishly plotting to better themselves, and the others be damned. Unfortunately, the least of us also want to better themselves, just not on our terms. But since our terms are the only terms allowable, the least of us have no acceptable alternative to fall back on, only the charity of their betters. And their betters are not very charitable.
    The only way to stop the inevitable violent backlash from the least of us is to ensure there are no 'least of us'. That means the uplifting of all in society. That means no one selfishly plots their personal betterment. Instead, society's efforts must always be focused on the least of us, ensuring that laws and procedures do not prejudice against them.
    It must also be understood that 'man is not an island unto himself' and that intellectual property is not the right of an individual since we all have a share in the knowledge of our species.
    We have to learn to share and to care, everything good comes from that principle. The next cycle, I hope we can start off on the right foot, correctly including all members of society - and leaving none behind.

For this cycle though, my best suggestion is to make friends with some ETs and convince them to take you off world for a few decades...
    Otherwise, make amends with your Creator in heaven - we'll all be meeting there sooner than later.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 26th January 2023 at 12:59.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Delight (27th January 2023), Denise/Dizi (26th January 2023), Harmony (27th January 2023), Johnnycomelately (26th January 2023), pueblo (26th January 2023), RunningDeer (26th January 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Our water supply is horribly contaminated. It is not fresh water, but none the less, we need our water, and these videos show how bad the problem is...

I personally, was shocked to come across these videos, as well as others, showing how bad the issue is... For someone like me, we send our waste to a landfill and recycle.. THIS horrified me...

It surely makes you reconsider your water sources..

¤=[Post Update]=¤

So, we have a lack or responsibility. Who do we blame? Those who believe the "System" is "Helping" the masses, and our environment. YOU BET if YOU collect rainwater, they will penalize you, but what are they doing to HELP the issue in areas of concern?

Surely some work to fix it, but who is getting away with dumping this waste to begin with, and why isn't THAT being fixed? Does it not collect enough revenue?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (27th January 2023), Harmony (27th January 2023), RunningDeer (27th January 2023)

+ Reply to Thread