Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: What will become of us?

1. Link to Post #21
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,724 times in 20,828 posts
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Harmony (2nd February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Reinhard (15th February 2023), Stephanie (2nd February 2023), thepainterdoug (1st February 2023)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Default Re: What will become of us?

The world as we know it, is been divided into two different parts, one side those who go along, the other the resistance.
    Mike Adams was speaking about it in one of his last podcast, he also are constantly speaking about this subject.

Just a quick update, Thailand going fully cashless, the internet banking of the only bank I have account here, announced yesterday, they are going cashless and in order for me to use my account I need, to scan my face with their App, no username/password anymore and they are pushing business to accept only payment via mobile phones. It started here folks.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Antagenet (7th February 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), earthdreamer (5th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Harmony (2nd February 2023), Hermoor (3rd February 2023), Miller (2nd February 2023), mizo (3rd February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Orph (2nd February 2023), Reinhard (15th February 2023), Stephanie (2nd February 2023), thepainterdoug (1st February 2023)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

DeDukshun

many valid points and thank you. But this is just the beginning. Remember the early robots? The DARPA/ Boston dynamics new robots are beyond incredible doing backflips juggling, you name it. How long did that take?

Its hard to say where authenticity will land? Does it even matter? without education, young kids once old enough will say, I dont care about an original, just give me a computer knock off.
    But that could also backfire and I am present to all. We will just have to see how far the human will go to remain "human"

Palehorse/ thanks ! alarming regarding the cashless. Your name and identity first, then complete control including medical decisions and political opinions. Its a disaster for freedom. Some alarming things coming out of brazil as well. 8 year prison term for being unvaxxed, Im hearing about on the drafting table.
    Last edited by thepainterdoug; 1st February 2023 at 18:54.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Antagenet (7th February 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), earthdreamer (5th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Harmony (2nd February 2023), Icare (5th February 2023), Matthew (2nd February 2023), Miller (2nd February 2023), mizo (3rd February 2023), palehorse (2nd February 2023), Reinhard (15th February 2023), Stephanie (2nd February 2023)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    DeDukshun

many valid points and thank you. But this is just the beginning. Remember the early robots? The DARPA/ Boston dynamics new robots are beyond incredible doing backflips juggling, you name it. How long did that take?

Its hard to say where authenticity will land? Does it even matter? without education, young kids once old enough will say, I dont care about an original, just give me a computer knock off.
    But that could also backfire and I am present to all. We will just have to see how far the human will go to remain "human"

Palehorse/ thanks ! alarming regarding the cashless. Your name and identity first, then complete control including medical decisions and political opinions. Its a disaster for freedom. Some alarming things coming out of brazil as well. 8 year prison term for being unvaxxed, Im hearing about on the drafting table.

The whole shebang is coming

I was talking to someone, he works with the land registration office, and he told me they already got plans to deduct taxes directly from the contributors account, it is something already planned, I don't know when it will start and he didn't know a specific date.. but can you imagine, they taking money from your account to pay the freaking property tax for them.. that just proves we will not be in control.. just extending a bit on this, imagine if they decide to ban ownership because of those not integrated with their system??? I would probably bet high on this one.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Antagenet (7th February 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), LifeAngel (6th February 2023), Miller (2nd February 2023), Peace in Oz (3rd February 2023), Reinhard (15th February 2023), Stephanie (2nd February 2023), thepainterdoug (2nd February 2023)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

This video I found covers all the A I issues regarding the arts and much more .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EDqNyefUmM

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Antagenet (7th February 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Miller (3rd February 2023), mizo (3rd February 2023), Reinhard (15th February 2023), RunningDeer (3rd February 2023)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

This video I found covers all the A I issues regarding the arts and much more .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EDqNyefUmM
    “There’s something  that was that was made mainstream just a few months ago in November of this past year. So as we tape this we're only about two months away from when this went public and immediately went viral. If you want to call it that. It is already a 20 billion dollar company.

Can you even comprehend that within five days it was as popular as Facebook? And Facebook took like five years to reach the level of use that that this is getting.”
    AI Unveiled: ChatGPT and Deepfake - Hear this Critical Warning!

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

avid (3rd February 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Hym (3rd February 2023), Matthew (3rd February 2023), Miller (3rd February 2023), mizo (3rd February 2023), Reinhard (15th February 2023), thepainterdoug (3rd February 2023), Vangelo (4th February 2023)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

THANKS RUNNING DEER!! Yeah its amazing. humans wont stop. its similar to suspicion and paranoia. Once ignited, the other ,without trust for the other, will not stop to beat the other to the punch. survival= everyone wanting and having the edge.

I already know an aspiring movie maker who will not hesitate one second to have AI make his script and film for him and he will proudly put his name and copyright on it. This is his moment, his edge, and in doing so, jumps over all hard working and striving artists learning their craft over a lifetime.

And to those who say, it will not have a human sensibility or touch ? Not so, because its working from an enormus source base of human touch thats growing everyday.

oh well, I will keep hoing my garden as mom would say.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Dennis Leahy (3rd February 2023), Docim369 (6th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Hym (3rd February 2023), Matthew (3rd February 2023), Miller (3rd February 2023), Reinhard (15th February 2023), RunningDeer (3rd February 2023), Vangelo (4th February 2023)

15. Link to Post #28
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

My guess is that biological life is where AI ends up.

Our biology, and the entire ecosphere of earth in general, is a system to support and propagate what we call life. Life is no more than an autonomous unit capable of sustaining itself in its environment long enough to produce a copy of itself.

AI imitates life.

In the end, life as we know it now will be its future result.

Just as, I believe, life on earth came about in the first place.

Life can be considered a machine that propagates itself. As life goes about its business, it uses the raw materials at hand. These materials are feed stock for the processes within the living unit. 'Factories' within the unit uses these materials to assemble living components necessary to maintain its continued existence.

Now that man has come on the scene, we have learned how to use raw materials that are not useable by other life forms. Yet the process is still the same. These raw materials are used to enhance the human experience, but they still can be said to merely allow the human race to propagate.

As AI learns to imitate life, it will also learn how to use raw materials to propagate itself. Over time, as knowledge increases, the machinery will slowly learn how to imitate life so perfectly that it will be indistinguishable from biological life.

That is the ultimate and humane use of AI. In order for this scenario to reach its end goal and be a help to humanity, it must be guided by humans. AI, at no time, can be allowed to guide its own evolution.

If it is allowed autonomy of design, it will veer away from biological life, improving on the design of life, until it no longer resembles life at all. In such a scenario, AI will become humanity's enemy.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Antagenet (7th February 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Hym (3rd February 2023), Miller (3rd February 2023), mizo (3rd February 2023), Reinhard (15th February 2023), Vangelo (4th February 2023), Violet3 (16th February 2023)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,077 times in 569 posts

It's quite a pertinent topic for me, being a musician and an artist. I was going to start my own thread on A.I. a while back.

I'm currently starting my second year of PhD (art based) research - my subject matter is super-conspiracy theory and how our life is being shaped by the nefarious agenda's of what's happening over the last few years -e.g. how humanity is evolving into what could be a monstrous and diabolical digital gulag through embracing Metaverse and AI.

Today, I had a PhD supervisory meeting and CHATGPT was a subject that was discussed in some depth; I was encouraged to create work or experiment with this A.I. technology. ( currently, my two University supervisors are (1) professor of computer science and (2) a art lecturer and digital artist).

I'm honestly intrigued if I can create a body of artwork using these technologies that provides a narrative of warning, caution and reflection.

Or how I can use A.I. technologies in my creative practice to 'awaken' my audience, albeit, I'm not so sure if I wish to 'Dance With The Devil'.

It is a conundrum.
    Last edited by mizo; 3rd February 2023 at 18:28.

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Antagenet (7th February 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), earthdreamer (5th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (4th February 2023), Miller (3rd February 2023), pueblo (3rd February 2023), Reinhard (15th February 2023), thepainterdoug (3rd February 2023), Vangelo (4th February 2023), Violet3 (16th February 2023)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

mizo, i get it. and lets just say you monkey around with AI Art and in 5 minutes create an amazing image, copyright it, show it to others, post it on line as your work and then can offer canvas prints signed and numbered etc all to arrive at your customers door for $ 39.95 ready to hang.

no skill, no need for technique, insight, sense of history etc, just put in Yves Tanguay, Vermeer, Magritte ,Hans Hoffman, and a dash of Rothko etc and see what comes out.
    No sweat if it stinks, cause no time invested.
    All while AI Chat writes your new book.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Antagenet (7th February 2023), Bassplayer1 (7th February 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Miller (3rd February 2023), mizo (3rd February 2023), pueblo (3rd February 2023), Reinhard (15th February 2023), Violet3 (16th February 2023)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,077 times in 569 posts

mizo, i get it. and lets just say you monkey around with AI Art and in 5 minutes create an amazing image, copyright it, show it to others, post it on line as your work and then can offer canvas prints signed and numbered etc all to arrive at your customers door for $ 39.95 ready to hang.

no skill, no need for technique, insight, sense of history etc, just put in Yves Tanguay, Vermeer, Magritte ,Hans Hoffman, and a dash of Rothko etc and see what comes out.
    No sweat if it stinks, cause no time invested.
    All while AI Chat writes your new book.
    I asked that very question this morning if it can write my PhD thesis
    Last edited by mizo; 3rd February 2023 at 18:36.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Antagenet (7th February 2023), Bassplayer1 (7th February 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Miller (3rd February 2023), pueblo (3rd February 2023), rgray222 (3rd February 2023), thepainterdoug (3rd February 2023), Violet3 (16th February 2023)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Quote Posted by mizo (here)
    Or how I can use A.I. technologies in my creative practice to 'awaken' my audience, albeit, I'm not so sure if I wish to 'Dance With The Devil'.

It is a conundrum.
    Don't make the mistake of limiting yourself to CHATGPT, there are others that excel at different things like logic, math etc. Some are better, stronger and have more capabilities than GHATGPT Most can be found at the apple store or google store.
    Whether we like this techonolgy or not it is here now and will eventually invade every corner of society. It is imperative that we understand it.

YouChat
    YouChat, like every other ChATGPT alternative is powered by OpenAI's GPT-3.5 AI model. This gives it similar capabilities as ChatGPT. It has a sleek, colorful interface and is neatly interwoven into You.com's search engine. Here a blog about youchat.

Chatsonic
    The underlying technology behind ChatGPT (which is GPT 3.5) is the same technology that powers Chatsonic, making it as interesting as ChatGPT itself. Rather than just being a clone of ChatGPT, Chatsonic goes a step further and builds on the abilities of ChatGPT while fixing some of ChatGPT's limitations.

GPT-3 Playground (you must signup and login in to access)
    Even before ChatGPT went viral, there was GPT-3 Playground, a platform for the public to play with OpenAI's GPT-3 AI model. Unfortunately, the tool didn't create as much buzz as ChatGPT has. This is partly because of its rather technical user interface and lack of consumer-focused publicity.

Ironically, although ChatGPT is getting much of the spotlight, GPT-3 is a much larger and significantly more powerful AI model. It is undoubtedly one of the most powerful AI language models around.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (7th February 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Miller (5th February 2023), mizo (3rd February 2023), Pam (6th February 2023), thepainterdoug (3rd February 2023), Vangelo (4th February 2023), Violet3 (16th February 2023)

25. Link to Post #33
    Aaland Avalon Member Blastolabs's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,352 times in 432 posts

All technology is merely a tool. Tools can be used many different ways.

I'm sure poets complained when type writers were invented as well.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blastolabs For This Post:

Antagenet (7th February 2023), Bassplayer1 (7th February 2023), Bill Ryan (4th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), JackMcThorn (4th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th February 2023), Miller (5th February 2023), Pam (6th February 2023), Vangelo (4th February 2023), Violet3 (16th February 2023)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

iM OVER IT. My own post. These concerns.

Let them happen, nothing will stop them . I will continue to make" human made"

thats what I love about P Avalon. I can air out ideas and it helps me digest them

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Antagenet (7th February 2023), Bassplayer1 (7th February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (6th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th February 2023), Miller (7th February 2023), Pam (6th February 2023), Reinhard (15th February 2023), Satori (6th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (8th February 2023), Violet3 (16th February 2023)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

Yup. Same here.

And about art, I have always felt a genuine artist puts his heart and soul into a painting (or a sculpture, or a piece of music etc) which is the reason why it speaks to the one looking at it/hearing it, seeing it etc) on a soul level as well. That's why some people end up sitting down and looking at a picture exhibited at a museum for hours, or listening to a truly gifted voice for hours, even decades after their deaths (thinking of my personal favourite, Freddie Mercury whose voice touches my heart in a way nobody else's can).

AI cannot replicate that so there will always be a place for a genuine artist.

P.S. This is for you, in case you like music, too. Freddie was already very ill at that time but still sang his heart out. He was meant to sing this with Montserrat at the Olympics but knew he would no longer be alive by then.
    Last edited by Icare; 5th February 2023 at 23:28.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (7th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Heart to heart (6th February 2023), Jambo (5th May 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th February 2023), Michi (16th February 2023), Miller (7th February 2023), Pam (6th February 2023), thepainterdoug (6th February 2023), Violet3 (16th February 2023), Wind (6th February 2023)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

can you imagine? the talent the voice of freddy!!! thanks

and even if A I can get down the nuances, one will still be tech, and the other human

gelato/ ice cream

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (7th February 2023), Harmony (6th February 2023), Icare (20th February 2023), Jambo (5th May 2023), Johnnycomelately (6th February 2023), Miller (7th February 2023), Pam (6th February 2023)

33. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,191 times in 4,071 posts

"It's really gone in the other direction"
    CEO of ChatGPT

Quote With a lot of confidence from most people you would have heard:
    • First it's going to come for the blue collar jobs working in the factories, truck drivers, whatever
    • Then it will come for the "low skill" white collar jobs
    • Then the very high skill, like really high IQ white collar jobs, like a programmer or whatever
    • And then very last of all and maybe never it's going to take the creative jobs.
    It's really gone exactly the other direction.

And I think this, like ...there's an interesting reminder in here generally about how hard predictions are.

But more specifically about we're not always very aware, maybe even ourselves of what skills are hard or easy.

Like what uses most of our bran and what doesn't? Or how difficult bodies are to control or make or whatever?
    Last edited by Matthew; 7th February 2023 at 08:27. Reason: fixed list

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (7th February 2023), Dorjezigzag (6th February 2023), Miller (7th February 2023), Pam (6th February 2023), Seeclearly (6th February 2023), thepainterdoug (6th February 2023)

35. Link to Post #38
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 times in 1,399 posts

It's apparent from this video that AI is still incumbent upon the person programming it. And the ramifications of this are so dangerous.
    Last edited by Miller; 7th February 2023 at 16:59. Reason: Incumbent not encumbent

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (7th February 2023), Matthew (7th February 2023), thepainterdoug (7th February 2023)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

had a hard time getting thru this! unbelievable. a censorship tool once again.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (7th February 2023), Matthew (7th February 2023), Miller (7th February 2023), mizo (7th February 2023)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,603 times in 673 posts

Quote Posted by Miller (here)

It's apparent from this video that AI is still incumbent upon the person programming it. And the ramifications of this are so dangerous.
    Weird deja vu from one of my earliest comments on PA: Here's what I once said about AI, and I remember the date (11/9/96): "No AI program is ever going to be better than the agenda of the people paying the programmers to write it."
    The only place a perfect right angle ever CAN be, is the mind.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gord For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (7th February 2023), East Sun (7th February 2023), Icare (20th February 2023), Matthew (7th February 2023), Miller (7th February 2023), mizo (7th February 2023), thepainterdoug (7th February 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast