+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How often and for how long do you meditate?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

Default How often and for how long do you meditate?

I try to be consistent with my meditation but I tend to waver or 'yo-yo', meaning sometimes I'll have a period of consistent meditation followed by a period of less meditation.

I'm just genuinely curious what you guy's meditation practice looks like. I'm trying to get motivated to get back on track, think of it like how people want to get back into exercising so they seek motivation.

As much as I advocate and talk about meditation, the most I've ever done was 15 minutes per day. However the results were incredible, so I'd love to dive back in and take it further. I can only imagine the happiness (or more importantly, contentment) this will bring me in life.

Thanks in advance!
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), DeDukshyn (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Harmony (1st February 2023), Ioneo (1st February 2023), kudzy (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Orph (1st February 2023), palehorse (1st February 2023), pueblo (1st February 2023), rgray222 (1st February 2023), Spiral (1st February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023), Wind (1st February 2023), XelNaga (1st February 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Default Re: How often and for how long do you meditate?

I do it almost every night, for about 30 minutes - sometimes more, sometimes less.

I find also, that incorporating the body adds immensely. When I was in peak physical condition, in my early 20s, my meditations had far more impact, was easier to get into "deep" states and my body could relax much faster. A relaxed body is required for a relaxed mind.

A good practice is to tense every muscle in your body - every single one (scalp, cheeks, feet, toes fingers, etc.), tightly, for 15 seconds then relax, then spend a minute going through and wriggling all you body parts and relaxing them. Start with your toes - wriggle, then relax, take a deep breath. Move to your lower legs, wriggle then relax, etc - and move through your whole body up to your scalp.

From there, focus on your breath. If run-on thoughts are prevalent, try to add in a mantra to focus your mind; anything will do. Repeat the word "one", find some good hindu or sikh mantras, or make one up that feels right.

Gently close your eyes - you may get visual images in the form of patterns and lights flowing and flashing, you may get bodily sensations or vibrations - try focusing on those and see where they take you.

Plenty of good experiences to be had by meditation - one of the main goals is to have a time to free your mind of linguistic thought patterns. Only then can you experience what occurs beneath that level.

Happy meditating!
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

aemay (2nd February 2023), Casey Claar (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Harmony (1st February 2023), Ioneo (1st February 2023), kudzy (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Orph (1st February 2023), pueblo (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023), TealHorizon (14th March 2023), Vangelo (1st February 2023), Wind (1st February 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,749 times in 702 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    I try to be consistent with my meditation but I tend to waver or 'yo-yo', meaning sometimes I'll have a period of consistent meditation followed by a period of less meditation.

I'm just genuinely curious what you guy's meditation practice looks like. I'm trying to get motivated to get back on track, think of it like how people want to get back into exercising so they seek motivation.

As much as I advocate and talk about meditation, the most I've ever done was 15 minutes per day. However the results were incredible, so I'd love to dive back in and take it further. I can only imagine the happiness (or more importantly, contentment) this will bring me in life.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi, Strat

It is good you are finding ways like this to help stoke the fire.

Practice for me has been different at different stages in my life and evolution of Spiritual growth. At first, like you, I was sometimes focusing more into spiritual life, and sometimes more into physical life. This led into a phase where I felt, and very much was inclined to have the presence of the spiritual in some way, shape or form in my life daily. The practice was not always meditation, sometimes it was tratak, or breathing patterns, or asana. Study took precedence over practice in those days. I read A LOT, spiritual classics, the Vedas, Upanishads, Yoga Sutras, etc.. I sought teachers and found those I most connected with ( Sankaracharya, Sri Ramana Maharshi, Ramakrishna ), I studied their words and their works. I learned to enter deep contemplative states and how to bring the body-mind into pratyahara ( a deep state of peace ).

Much more was happening in all this than I realized at the time. It would take me decades to fully cognize what was happening. It was a slow g r a d u a l process. I advanced through the rungs, from a beginning, to intermediate, to advanced spiritual student. At which point I began the process of becoming a teacher myself. This is when learning really accelerated. Practice, meditation, atma vicar ( ie: self inquiry ) became not just daily but the lengths of my practices grew to be extremely long. I would sit or lay myself down, generally preferring the latter, and not feel to come out of the practice until as much as 3 hours later. This led into an awakening, an extended 4 year period of time, during which I began consciously shifting "out of body" and returning with the contents of my experiences still intact, -- and through which the meditative state, the capacity to hold synchronous states began to become my permanent state. Which leaves me where I am today.

Now when I practice I am also 'working'.. I am bringing back data from what we call the dream state, I am working with the crystal to bring through transmissions, I am hosting healing circles and group silent sitting meditations for my group, etc.. It has become my life. Right now, in your life, it probably feels right/comfortable for meditation to be in your life a certain number of days a week, and the length of the meditations may feel best left at a short period of time. It is important to feel for what feels right. So you are more apt to let it continue to be a part of your life. It takes awhile to get to the point where daily practice feels right. I might suggest to combine study and practice, and to find a variety of spiritual practices you enjoy. Gazing practices are every bit as rewarding as formal meditation. As is working with the breath. These may help keep you more motivated as well. For a long while, with me, meditating twice a week, 30 minutes each morning after getting up + 30 minutes at night before going to sleep was really nice. It was achievable long term, and I looked forward to it.

Where do you feel you are right now in the scheme of your own practice?

What feels right for you right now?
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Harmony (1st February 2023), Ioneo (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Orph (1st February 2023), pueblo (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023), Vangelo (1st February 2023), Wind (1st February 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

As a long time practicer of TM I tend to meditate once a day (early evening) for about 30mins. This is my own sort of adaptation of the two 20 mins sessions that most TM teachers recommend. I sometimes also swap out a meditation for a mind-machine session using an audio visual stimulation device. For me the latter is a more “lazy meditation” requiring less concentration offering a different result but one that comes with its own set of benefits. Like other posters here, I can go through periods where I don’t meditate. In the past I berated myself for this but now I see this as a sort of black and white thinking which I try to avoid. The feeling I get after returning to mediation following a hiatus is usually enough to convince me to resume a regular routine.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Forever For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Harmony (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Orph (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023), Vangelo (1st February 2023), Wind (1st February 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 times in 278 posts

What really matters is the drive behind the meditation. One can meditate every day for years but with an ego which constantly seeks to achieve things. Others can meditate on and off because they are too absorbed in every day life, hence using meditation as escapism. Some people have no other option by doing it every day because they have experienced enough pain to only find solace in meditation.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), Harmony (1st February 2023), ian33 (2nd February 2023), Orph (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023), Vangelo (1st February 2023), Wind (1st February 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 times in 973 posts

I don’t meditate as you folks describe, in dedicated instances at intervals. IMO, sounds like you’re ‘war gaming’ life, when those attentions could be better put to your day. Each day given to us is a measure of our worth, our soul, I think and feel. Rates answering, in earnest and in full. Everything else is a selfish pursuit, IMO.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Harmony (2nd February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), Orph (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 times in 274 posts

Binaural beats have made the difference for me over almost 25 years. All you need are stereo headphones. I realize what I do is not traditional meditation in the eyes of some, but I am forever grateful to Bob Monroe whose work introduced me to this modality...

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TravelerJim For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Harmony (2nd February 2023), Ioneo (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Orph (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    From there, focus on your breath. If run-on thoughts are prevalent, try to add in a mantra to focus your mind; anything will do. Repeat the word "one", find some good hindu or sikh mantras, or make one up that feels right.

Gently close your eyes - you may get visual images in the form of patterns and lights flowing and flashing, you may get bodily sensations or vibrations - try focusing on those and see where they take you.

Plenty of good experiences to be had by meditation - one of the main goals is to have a time to free your mind of linguistic thought patterns. Only then can you experience what occurs beneath that level.
    Yeah this is where I'm at, stripping away thought patterns. I've been to 'the next level' in to the past and that's what I find amazing. I'm following basic Buddhist meditation (I'm not Buddhist) and the 'places' in meditation they talk about are interesting to arrive at. It sounds like bs, but then following the practice I hit different stages one by one.

Anyway, I'm out of practice so I'm just picking back up. What do you think of this: I've read (from said Buddhist's) that you're not supposed to force anything, if your mind is swimming with thoughts then just step back and observe, don't force it to be quiet. So I try to do that, but sometimes when it's 'quiet' I'm not sure if I'm forcing it or not.

The focus or "what's going through my head" at the time is what I call a hunters mindset... I've never hunted but I've played paintball in the woods with my friends a lot when I was younger lol. Point being, it's a kind of mental state where I am just listening extremely intently to everything around me, but I don't focus on anything. I try to just 'be.'

TBH I'm not sure if I'm forcing that mindset, it doesn't always seem 'clear' if that makes sense. So.. whatcha think?
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), DeDukshyn (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Harmony (2nd February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023), Wind (1st February 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Casey Claar (here)

Thanks in advance!
    Hi, Strat

It is good you are finding ways like this to help stoke the fire.

Practice for me has been different at different stages in my life and evolution of Spiritual growth. At first, like you, I was sometimes focusing more into spiritual life, and sometimes more into physical life. This led into a phase where I felt, and very much was inclined to have the presence of the spiritual in some way, shape or form in my life daily. The practice was not always meditation, sometimes it was tratak, or breathing patterns, or asana. Study took precedence over practice in those days. I read A LOT, spiritual classics, the Vedas, Upanishads, Yoga Sutras, etc.. I sought teachers and found those I most connected with ( Sankaracharya, Sri Ramana Maharshi, Ramakrishna ), I studied their words and their works. I learned to enter deep contemplative states and how to bring the body-mind into pratyahara ( a deep state of peace ).

Much more was happening in all this than I realized at the time. It would take me decades to fully cognize what was happening. It was a slow g r a d u a l process. I advanced through the rungs, from a beginning, to intermediate, to advanced spiritual student. At which point I began the process of becoming a teacher myself. This is when learning really accelerated. Practice, meditation, atma vicar ( ie: self inquiry ) became not just daily but the lengths of my practices grew to be extremely long. I would sit or lay myself down, generally preferring the latter, and not feel to come out of the practice until as much as 3 hours later. This led into an awakening, an extended 4 year period of time, during which I began consciously shifting "out of body" and returning with the contents of my experiences still intact, -- and through which the meditative state, the capacity to hold synchronous states began to become my permanent state. Which leaves me where I am today.

Now when I practice I am also 'working'.. I am bringing back data from what we call the dream state, I am working with the crystal to bring through transmissions, I am hosting healing circles and group silent sitting meditations for my group, etc.. It has become my life. Right now, in your life, it probably feels right/comfortable for meditation to be in your life a certain number of days a week, and the length of the meditations may feel best left at a short period of time. It is important to feel for what feels right. So you are more apt to let it continue to be a part of your life. It takes awhile to get to the point where daily practice feels right. I might suggest to combine study and practice, and to find a variety of spiritual practices you enjoy. Gazing practices are every bit as rewarding as formal meditation. As is working with the breath. These may help keep you more motivated as well. For a long while, with me, meditating twice a week, 30 minutes each morning after getting up + 30 minutes at night before going to sleep was really nice. It was achievable long term, and I looked forward to it.

Where do you feel you are right now in the scheme of your own practice?

What feels right for you right now?
    How has your mind evolved after so much meditation? Does anything really bother you anymore? I remember when I was practicing everyday it was unbelievable how things just didn't affect me as much. I had lots of 'space' to react to life, so whereas I used to have a temper I would literally giggle at the things that used to set me off.

I can only imagine what it's like after so much time as a practitioner.

And maybe offtopic, have you ever practiced yoga? I've been doing this lately but for the physical health benefits.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,111 times in 3,950 posts

Nice post Strat.
    Going back 35 years ago I spent 3 years or so meditating solid for days on end.

Then wavered between 1 to 3 times a day (for as long as)

Now, this time period I haven't meditated for many years.

On the whole I'm sort of a meditative mind all day, unless I've let frustration and upsets disrupt me.

I do lots of pondering throughout every day.

I'm not very physically healthy now so I should switch on my mediation mind again

I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023), Wind (1st February 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ZenBaller (here)
    What really matters is the drive behind the meditation. One can meditate every day for years but with an ego which constantly seeks to achieve things. Others can meditate on and off because they are too absorbed in every day life, hence using meditation as escapism. Some people have no other option by doing it every day because they have experienced enough pain to only find solace in meditation.
    Why do you meditate? What drew you to it in the first place?

I started to look into meditation when I was in my late 20s because life was terrible. I wont demonstrate the resume of misery I had, it doesn't matter but I needed something. It changed my life and I'm grateful I found it.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023), Wind (1st February 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,111 times in 3,950 posts

Me again.

Original posting by:
    Special thanks to Dr. Santos Bonacci. Subscribe to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/@MrAstrotheology

Watch this newer version of this information.
    PS: don't be put off by Elons face plastered over the vid, he is just one of many associating with this knowledge.

So once watched you can gain the best time period and daily (life) practices to meditate

Sauce: https://www.youtube.com/@MrAstrotheology
    Last edited by Sunny-side-up; 1st February 2023 at 14:29.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Ioneo (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023)

25. Link to Post #13
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

I meditate every day now for over twenty years.

At least a body scan.

If things come up, I might spend more time to 'process'.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), NancyV (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023)

27. Link to Post #14
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

Thank you so much @Strat for bringing this excellent topic to our attention

--o-O-o--
    • Himalayan Sanyashi Teaches How To Meditate Properly:

• As a "Near Death Experiencer" I was aware of the same insights in the above video ±30 years ago, I discussed the same principles via one of my "Exposure" Radio shows in Amsterdam early 1990s.
    When I started to do Martial Arts (TaeKwonDo & Wing Chun) in late 1980s early 1990s I became more & deeper interested to study multiple different meditation methods that is beyond "Yoga meditation techniques" that I learned as a young child in the 1970s
    • Rebirthing "Circular Breathwork" when breathe out you "let go" of all things (physical notions, mental notions, emotional notions etc.) without assuming it will happen "just because you want it to happen" ... they key is not to have any judgment >>> just observe your "thoughts" or "worries" or "emotions" or "physical sensations" and breath towards it like giving it "Oxygen & Parana" and allow the transformation happen spontaneously without having expectations ... just trust that you are always more than any "thought" you had, have and will have (past present & future) combined!
    • Doing art work can be meditational ... doing the dishes can be meditational ... listening to music can be meditational ... playing any musical instrument in a group-setting can be meditational ... running 5 Km straight in nature (which I did many times) can be meditational ... and I can go on and on ... Key is letting go of the past & future >>> being 100% in the now and have no judgment towards anything, "just Be" ... We are surrounded by people who will judge one way or the other and when someone does not, you can feel/sense he or she doesn't ... because it is the ultimate peace energy from within ... noticing different things than having tons of projected assumptions.
    • So how do you let go of things that keep you in a (almost) permanent "high alertness state" or "judgmental state" including towards yourself especially perfectionists ... How do you let go of "wanting to let go" is even a deeper question ... there is a mechanism of letting go that is beyond doing "techniques" it is called "trust" your core-self completely ... not having (bad) assumptions of any kind to begin with ... Especially when it deals with: feeling "misunderstood" or feeling "not worthy" or feeling "not good enough" or "feeling incapable" or "feeling not ready" or "feeling depressed" or "feeling constant pessimistic" and on and on and on ... all of it will certainly generate all kinds of often useless thoughts not helping you ... It will broadcast so loud it will overshadow almost everything that is uplifting or positive or helpful >>> in short: "self-sabotage mechanism" ... Knowing it exists within you having "blind spots" becoming visible through among others: "letting go of all the noise you are making to distract you why you do not want to see that part of you". So the whole: "letting go process" will often start with seeing so much more hurdles/obstacles preventing you to transform or to move on or to go beyond all that ... That is why it is called "breathe work"
    • When you inhale deeper and exhale deeper and do it about 50 to 100% faster than "normal breathing" (not hyperventilating) and connect the breath in with the breath out this circular connected breathing is combined with effortless intent not forcing anything ... have the right conditions: well ventilated fresh air in your sleeping room lying comfortable in your bed having no Wi-Fi or anything "electricity" near your head, no sound pollution ... no one that can disturb you is a must ... and I know, so many may have not that luxury which is really sad.
    • During this "enhanced circular connected breathing technique", it is important you feel what rhythm is best for you, not expecting to find the perfect timing immediately but trusting you do not have to worry about it nor focus on it, as it will adapt automatically to your needs ... being aware it may slow down or speed up depending on what is happening ... When you breathe out and "let go of everything" that stands in the way of being in the 100% now should not be seen as an "effort" especially if you understand the concept of the "neutral observer" that everyone has within >>> It is the awareness that is beyond language beyond spoken word beyond any dualistic thinking ... Some call it "the higher self" some call it "God within" some call it: "your Multidimensional Soul" that is older than the Earth having a temporary physical experience.

<--! updated edit: -->
    • Of late I started to do a new "made up" exercise that is to be 100% aware where I am ... noticing all kinds of 5 senses reality coming in ... being aware without giving it any labels >> no thoughts >> no words in my mind >> no "chatter" in my brain >> only awareness of the 5 senses input ...
    • When a baby feels cold or warm sensations, it does not need any language to be aware of it, thus there is something that is beyond language & labels. Being in that state when being an adult seems "impossible" right? ... Because we assume we always have to "label things" ... Can you remember, bring back, know things, recall, being aware of things without using any labels, let's say for the past 1 hour of this new "made up" exercise? ... The answer is yes and so much more, as your brain will work differently if done correctly.
    • This new exercise will be perfect to remember much more details of your dreams as you finally "get it" that labels & judgments will blast away what is in front of you because your projections will only "muddy the waters" creating unnecessary distortions ... Lucid dreaming is so much more fun if you are free from (projected, self-generated) fears!
    Quote To answer your question, I meditate every day without putting too much effort as it happens naturally by default ... it becomes part of me ... without it, I would not be able to handle so much what is thrown at all of us 24/7 in this totally insane world gone mad.
    There is so much more I can write about this topic, but that is for another time.

@Strat I hope my contribution is helpful in your quest "how to meditate better".

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    February 1st, 2023 🦜🦋🌳

related topic:
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 1st February 2023 at 20:29.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), DeDukshyn (1st February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

Yeah this is where I'm at, stripping away thought patterns. I've been to 'the next level' in to the past and that's what I find amazing. I'm following basic Buddhist meditation (I'm not Buddhist) and the 'places' in meditation they talk about are interesting to arrive at. It sounds like bs, but then following the practice I hit different stages one by one.

Anyway, I'm out of practice so I'm just picking back up. What do you think of this: I've read (from said Buddhist's) that you're not supposed to force anything, if your mind is swimming with thoughts then just step back and observe, don't force it to be quiet. So I try to do that, but sometimes when it's 'quiet' I'm not sure if I'm forcing it or not.

The focus or "what's going through my head" at the time is what I call a hunters mindset... I've never hunted but I've played paintball in the woods with my friends a lot when I was younger lol. Point being, it's a kind of mental state where I am just listening extremely intently to everything around me, but I don't focus on anything. I try to just 'be.'

TBH I'm not sure if I'm forcing that mindset, it doesn't always seem 'clear' if that makes sense. So.. whatcha think?

What you refer to as "hunter's mindset" I would call moving to a secondary point of awareness. This is can be extremely beneficial, and is a more appropriate state for a human to be in. There was a psychiatrist, or psychologist who dabbled into these sorts of things and created a whole regime for creating and maintaining a "new point of consciousness" where you would simply observe everything from a 3rd party, or objective perspective - especially yourself, your reactions, your thoughts, your emotions. This was intended to be a 24/7 operation, and he claimed the benefits were astounding.

Eventually you want to have the ability to get to a place where thoughts are absent, but there's no rush to get there - it can take months of practice. Its easier to move in this direction from a secondary point of awareness.

If thoughts start to pervade, you can allow for a break in thoughts and gently push them away in your mind - a visual, maybe like a broom sweeping them away might help. But yeah don't force anything, as force causes tension and that's the opposite of what you want.

There's many types of meditations, many practices, and tools, and there are many goals. Sometimes I use meditation and personal mantras to assist in behavioural augmentation and brain re-wiring, sometimes I use it to induce lucid dreaming / astral travel, sometimes to just relax my body, and sometimes to receive inspiration / answers / messages, sometimes to just connect with the Oneness, so there's no one "right" method or way - it depends on the goal, and what tools work well for you.

Sometimes I just objectively listen intently to my surroundings, or when I am relaxed enough, listen to my heart beating and feel my blood flowing through my veins - you have to be quite relaxed and focused for that, but to feel you blood coursing through your veins and arteries is a neat experience.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Me again.

Original posting by:
    Special thanks to Dr. Santos Bonacci. Subscribe to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/@MrAstrotheology

Watch this newer version of this information.
    PS: don't be put off by Elons face plastered over the vid, he is just one of many associating with this knowledge.

So once watched you can gain the best time period and daily (life) practices to meditate

Sauce: https://www.youtube.com/@MrAstrotheology
    Thanks for this post Sunny.

To those interested: For vastly detailed information on this topic and more things related, the mysterious 100 year old book "God-Man: The Word Made Flesh" is a great resource.

This book won't be for everyone - its sort of an interesting mix between sacred human biology, "alchemy" (in a sense), and metaphysics, based around ancient scripture and hidden religious meanings, but covers what the video relays and associated information in astonishing detail.

Here is download link for those interested: https://ia600202.us.archive.org/9/it...00carerich.pdf
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st February 2023 at 17:50.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,373 times in 1,568 posts

My words are:

be mindful and everything arises from it.

Mindfulness is not in the best interest of governments/authorities.

It is an every day sort of thing, at all times, meditation does not mean seat our asses on the floor for half an hour or even one hour and meditate, this is the meditation style taught mostly in the west where time and money comes first.

We are talking here about mindfulness, contemplation and meditation are both mindfulness forms. Maintaining focus and concentration and at the same time observing it without resistance (passively) or resisting taking control (actively) but maintaining the same focus and concentration always in whatever you are doing passively or actively.

You can meditate when going to work, when in the shower, when going to bed, when eating, when taking the commuter.. the possibilities are endless. You don't need a ritual for that, Buddha was against any sort of ritual or ceremony, or images or candles, flowers, incense, name it.. he was not in favor and never encouraged such activities, those who did are the institutions of man.

Just keep it simple, because that is exactly what it is, a simple path.. a very humble one.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), Peace in Oz (2nd February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023), Wind (1st February 2023)

35. Link to Post #18
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

Lightbulb Re: How often and for how long do you meditate?

Is it possible, that the real reason we have no "Full Alien UFO Disclosure" on a massive scale is because the vast majority do not know how to meditate in such a way that you are beyond dualistic thinking and perceive things as they really are >>> not as you project them to be ... that "vibration" works like a mirror >>> and yes, you get what you give

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 1st February 2023 at 18:59.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), Heart to heart (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023), Wind (1st February 2023)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 times in 2,188 posts

I have never been able to meditate in the traditional sense. I have read everything I could get my hands on and spoken to so-called experts and my results were less than stellar. I was bitterly disappointed because it seemed to be so beneficial for everyone. After fairly serious surgery left me with a lifetime of pain I would go on long walks and contemplate the pain and how to control it. After a short period of time I not only learned how to control the intensity of the pain l started to learn how to eliminate the pain. It eventually dawned on me that I achieved this through meditation, not in the traditional sense but no less mediation. From there I learned I could meditate almost at will and at anytime as long I was involved in a singular activity. I have never been able to sit still and quiet my mind to meditate but I do it almost every day while engaging in my normal life.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Heart to heart (1st February 2023), Johnnycomelately (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), Strat (1st February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023), Wind (1st February 2023)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    You can meditate when going to work, when in the shower, when going to bed, when eating, when taking the commuter.. the possibilities are endless. You don't need a ritual for that, Buddha was against any sort of ritual or ceremony, or images or candles, flowers, incense, name it.. he was not in favor and never encouraged such activities, those who did are the institutions of man.

Just keep it simple, because that is exactly what it is, a simple path.. a very humble one.
    This was the first thing mentioned in my favorite documentary, Amongst White Clouds. There is a Zen master gardening along side his students. It's a lot of work and he said something along the lines of what you're saying.

This is the entire documentary, click at the 6minuite mark if you're curious of his exact words.

Basically he says what you said, it's not just sitting down. I just recently bought this on Amazon, it's been remastered and with better subtitles anyway...

I believe it, but this is something I have not yet been able to apply in my life. When I garden it's caffeine (sometimes beer) and talk radio. I would like to be at the point where I'm just content doing what I'm doing with a clear mind and contentment. Do you (all) think this is something I have to work up to so to speak, or should I just do it.

I'm thinking like when exercising, you don't try to lift heavy right away, or get the fastest mile time without practice. It's best to work up to it or you can do harm than good.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Casey Claar (1st February 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st February 2023), Miller (1st February 2023), palehorse (2nd February 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st February 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast