+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions? (Looking for books/videos/docs about food, pharma, textiles, etc)

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Suggestions? (Looking for books/videos/docs about food, pharma, textiles, etc)

Can anybody help me with this?
    I am looking for info (books, videos, docs,...) about the following topics:

- Food industry
    - Pharma industry
    - Textile industry

Thanks for collaborate
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 4th February 2023 at 12:14.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to doubleboy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th February 2023), Denise/Dizi (9th February 2023), Ewan (4th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (4th February 2023), Harmony (4th February 2023), Hermoor (5th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (5th February 2023), Miller (9th February 2023), Stephanie (4th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (4th February 2023), Tintin (5th February 2023), wondering (4th February 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,756 times in 20,829 posts

Default Re: Suggestions? (Looking for books about food, pharma, textiles, etc)

Quote Posted by doubleboy (here)

- Food industry
    - Pharma industry
    - Textile industry

Thanks for collaborate

Can you tell me what kind of search-engines have you used (if any) and what your end-goal (purpose) is?
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 4th February 2023 at 09:55.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th February 2023), doubleboy (5th February 2023), Ewan (4th February 2023), Franny (4th February 2023), Harmony (4th February 2023), Hermoor (5th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (5th February 2023), Stephanie (4th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (4th February 2023), Tintin (5th February 2023), Vicus (4th February 2023), wondering (4th February 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,578 times in 32,794 posts

Default Re: Suggestions? (Looking for books about food, pharma, textiles, etc)

Quote Posted by doubleboy (here)

- Food industry
    - Pharma industry
    - Textile industry

Thanks for collaborate
    https://libgen.rs (or https://libgen.io) has a huge online ebook library about mainstream and technical subjects (not just spiritual/alternative ones).

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AlaBil (4th February 2023), aledum (4th February 2023), Denise/Dizi (9th February 2023), Docim369 (5th February 2023), doubleboy (5th February 2023), Ewan (4th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (4th February 2023), Franny (4th February 2023), Harmony (4th February 2023), Hermoor (5th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (5th February 2023), kfm27917 (9th February 2023), Michi (5th February 2023), Stephanie (4th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (4th February 2023), Tintin (5th February 2023), Yoda (4th February 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Default Re: Suggestions? (Looking for books/videos/docs about food, pharma, textiles, etc)

Here's a video I watched several years ago, I think it still holds up. It's about Monsanto and their awful practices in the food industry. It's just under 2 hours long:

'The World According to Monsanto' is a 2008 film directed by Marie-Monique Robin. Originally released in French as Le monde selon Monsanto, the film is based on Robin's three-year long investigation into the corporate practices around the world of the multinational corporation, Monsanto.

The film reports many controversies surrounding the use and promotion of genetically modified seeds, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), Agent Orange, and bovine growth hormone. Cases in the United States (including Anniston, Alabama), Canada, India, Mexico, Paraguay, the United Kingdom (Scotland) and France, are explored, claiming that the corporation's collusion with governments, pressure tactics, suppression and manipulation of scientific data, and extra-legal practices aided the company's attempts at dominating global agriculture.

------------

This next documentary isn't specifically about the textile industry, but it is part of the documentary so you may find it interesting. Here's a trailer for it:

(2:32 in length)

You can buy the documentary online, however I imagine you could find a torrent (free downloadable copy) as well.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (9th February 2023), Docim369 (5th February 2023), doubleboy (5th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th February 2023), Hermoor (5th February 2023), kfm27917 (9th February 2023), Tintin (5th February 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,848 times in 1,072 posts

Default Re: Suggestions? (Looking for books/videos/docs about food, pharma, textiles, etc)

Decades ago I got a chemical dictionary.

At the time it would take me anything up to two hours to do what would otherwise have been a twenty minute supermarket shop. I'd be pushing my trolley around the aisles, reading many ingredients labels and consulting the dictionary to find out what was actually being put in our food and drink.

It was a horror show. And it's only ever got worse since. A lot worse.

At the time my general conclusion was "Kinell. We're being poisoned!"

I discussed my findings with a number of family members and friends. For the most part they thought I was nuts and didn't want to know.

That was a weird time.

It's only ever got a lot weirder since then.

It's fair to say that, as a collective, humanity wasn't too bright back then and has yet to show any discernible improvement.

Still, there's always the last ingredient at the bottom of Pandora's box to bear in mind.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hermoor For This Post:

Blastolabs (5th February 2023), doubleboy (5th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th February 2023), s7e6e (5th February 2023), Tintin (5th February 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,206 times in 437 posts

Quote Posted by Hermoor (here)
    Decades ago I got a chemical dictionary.

At the time it would take me anything up to two hours to do what would otherwise have been a twenty minute supermarket shop. I'd be pushing my trolley around the aisles, reading many ingredients labels and consulting the dictionary to find out what was actually being put in our food and drink.

It was a horror show. And it's only ever got worse since. A lot worse.

At the time my general conclusion was "Kinell. We're being poisoned!"

I discussed my findings with a number of family members and friends. For the most part they thought I was nuts and didn't want to know.

That was a weird time.

It's only ever got a lot weirder since then.

It's fair to say that, as a collective, humanity wasn't too bright back then and has yet to show any discernible improvement.

Still, there's always the last ingredient at the bottom of Pandora's box to bear in mind.
    I am using for some time an app which by scanning the product's bar-code, provide a product rating and all it's ingredients including elaborate info on questionable and hazardous ingredients:

https://yuka.io/en/
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (6th February 2023), Hermoor (5th February 2023), Strat (5th February 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,481 times in 1,693 posts

Hello doubleboy...

Your request is fairly vague... What kind of information are you looking for on those topics? Vendors? The way they run? The negative side of such things? I think if you are a bit more specific, it would help others, or you could be facing millions to billions of useless documents, statements, articles, videos and books...

+ Reply to Thread