+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: A global disaster is coming in 2023 (that's for sure)!

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 times in 168 posts

Default Re: A global disaster is coming in 2023 (that's for sure)!

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

In the event of a nuclear exchange, as best I can see the US would lose. After a devastating exchange, but far more devastating for the US, the US would surrender.

I doubt there will be anything left of the US to surrender. Any bunker inhabitants would not be in a position to surrender. The bunkered military that remained would not be ‘the US’ but would be the handmaidens of whatever so-called deep-state power brokers who wish to maintain control over a land that’s utterly wasted and basically uninhabitable. I say this because I’m sure that when one nuke flies, all nukes will fly. The US is the PRIME target.

There are too many ICBM test launches occurring within recent days to ignore. Green lasers from satellites, balloons shot down, rhetoric emanating from all political orifices? My conclusion is that the time has come and I’m acting accordingly. Personally, I feel really bad for the Russian people in particular. I want to feel bad for the Chinese population but it’s a struggle for me. I can’t feel bad about what will happen to the US population because they’ve had every opportunity to rise up and stop the PTB and have failed, utterly.

I agree in essence with Ben:

Quote Posted by Ben (here)

We are in a reality of infinite possibilities where absolutely nothing is set in stone, and so any prophesies regarding catastrophe and the end of the world are, at best, fallible hypothesies based on alleged historical events and patterns, and at worst, they are actually increasing the chances of catastrophic events happening due to focusing peoples attention on that possibility, and creating a lot of fear, which is a wholly destructive energy in itself.
    And Wind:

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Are you going to contribute your energy and focus to a future scenario which is fearful or optimistic? Think about this deeply.
    While spending most of my time paying close attention to anything and everything that will provide insight into which direction this planet will take, and the future does look like doom, it seems obvious that all of the clearly manufactured chaos occurring right now is actually a manifestation of evolutionary pressures in play.

Change MUST occur. It’s like our strike/slip earthquake fault lines that will inevitably slip and the results are apparent all across the internet right now, focused on Turkey.

The problem that I see is that this go-round of human ‘civilization’ (yes, it would be a good idea Mr. Ghandi) has moved too far, too fast in terms of technical revolutions. Social structures need to evolve as well. We all know that. Our societies require a foundation that has yet been articulated and formed. Spiritual? Religious? Scientific? The real revolution is in the formation of fundamentals that social structures require to deal effectively with technical ‘advances.’ That revolution is happening. It may not be front page news, but it’s happening.

Today I spent a couple hours in concentrated thought to imagine what kind of world that I’d agree to live in. I certainly do not wish to live in THIS particular world right now. I’ve done this ‘world-building’ thought experiment a million times. I’ve been obsessed with world building thought experiments for as long as I can recall. So I have a kind of conceptual library of ideas to choose from, mix and match, edit, and apply. The particulars aren’t important for this post.

What were my conclusions this time around? Pretty much the same as many times before, relatively small decentralized communities that specialize in one form or another to provide something that the entire planet requires, the best of transportation and communications to link these communities, a thriving orbital community of habitats that support the planet with manufactured goods derived from off-planet raw materials, cleanup of orbital debris as well as ocean habitats, free travel between all communities so that everyone coming into this world via womb have opportunity to choose their own path, planetary-wide councils of elders to manage and govern when necessary, infrastructure immune to EMP’s and reliable asteroid strike protection. These are all obvious conclusions. Add to them communities dedicated to education. How about ‘birthing’ communities dedicated to child rearing that someday might just be able to identify returning personalities after their previous body has been discarded? I’ll leave the rest up to you. But one thing that’s a must are dedicated, enlightened professionals who can assist every new child with lifepath counseling if necessary.

And the very last thought that came to mind is that maybe I should begin a thread here on PA to pose the idea of an overall goal for humanity residing on/near Earth to become a role model for the galactic neighborhood. I’m assuming here that not all of humanity is currently residing on Earth. As yet we don’t know enough to precisely define who or what humanity is. We literally may not be alone in the universe, as a distinct species. However, if the situation we find ourselves in right now is somehow universal in the universe, then we have a golden opportunity to respond to the evolutionary pressures we face today and to master them for the good of all life in our galaxy/dimension or beyond. We can become a prime example of how ‘life will find a way.’ We can become galactic role models.

Hmm. The next thought that came to mind is that all we need to do is to make an effort to reach this goal for Earth-based humanity and disclosure will no longer be a topic of discussion. It will be a reality.

Then I had to end my reverie. Would I start that thread? Well, no. I have doubts that it would go anywhere at all. Although I did consider the idea that if such a conversation blossomed on this forum that perhaps sometime in the (maybe far-flung) future there might be an historian who would dig and dig and finally discover that the roots of their future civilization could be traced right back here to Project Avalon.

Then I shook off the delusions.

Funny (ironic) thing is, current technical expertise and current available resources would be enough to accomplish such a planetary near-Earth civilization. SpaceX has given us remarkable tools that can be refined when necessary. Environmental science provides a good start to bringing all of life on the planet back into a thriving state rather than a rapidly declining state. AI itself is on the very brink of bringing all of our expertise into singular focus for best-case application. What’s missing is a cohesive social structure to make it all happen. What’s missing is the foundation for such a structure. So instead of posing the possibility that we might set a goal to become galactic role models I propose that we dig in and hash out the fundamentals necessary to support thriving societies.

Build a world, PA. Quit whining about what are mere evolutionary pressures and respond to them in kind. I know, easier said than done. Or is it?

Oh, by the way, thanks for all the fish! And don’t come looking for us until you get your act together. We’re mentoring a new batch of hominids and their fish are tastier than yours ever were.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to helium For This Post:

aoibhghaire (11th February 2023), Bassplayer1 (11th February 2023), Bill Ryan (11th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (12th February 2023), Harmony (11th February 2023), Michi (11th February 2023), Miller (11th February 2023), mizo (11th February 2023), mountain_jim (11th February 2023), Nasu (11th February 2023), Orph (11th February 2023), Phoenix1304 (11th February 2023), pueblo (11th February 2023), Reinhard (12th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th February 2023), Tigger (11th February 2023), Vangelo (11th February 2023), Wind (11th February 2023), wondering (11th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,325 times in 318 posts

Disasters are ongoing thanks to hind feet in high places, weather wars, bio weapons, woke agendas and the totalitarian tiptoe. Mother Earth needs a thorough cleansing as does humanity, I continue to hold the intention that evil will be exposed and deposed as do so many ‘light workers’, it is happening too. But…

Whether we will transcend into an egalitarian, sane civilisation led by humans with integrity and a genuine desire to improve the lot of all sentient beings and the planet itself, is open to question as undoubtedly this world of duality is a school for us all and maybe the utopia is only available to those advanced souls who earn a place in it.

Meanwhile, this recent tweet from Uri Geller could be seen as encouraging, though he has been in bed with the agencies for decades so in typical dual fashion, could be part of the blue beam agenda or a sign that good ETs will not allow a nuclear Armageddon.

Whatever, don’t sweat it friends, watch the circuses with peaceful detachment because when all is said and done, we will find ourselves back where we started, maybe a little wiser.

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix1304 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th February 2023), Harmony (11th February 2023), mab777 (11th February 2023), Mari (11th February 2023), Merkaba360 (12th February 2023), Miller (11th February 2023), mountain_jim (11th February 2023), Nasu (11th February 2023), Orph (11th February 2023), Peace in Oz (11th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), Reinhard (12th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th February 2023), thepainterdoug (12th February 2023), Tigger (11th February 2023), Vangelo (11th February 2023), wondering (11th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

5. Link to Post #23
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,775 times in 4,344 posts

Quote Posted by Mari (here)

"It's not my intention to derail this thread (apologies Bill) 😉 I have a knee-jerk reaction to anything 'nuclear' the msm puts out, having lived through and been scared out of my wits by the nuclear fear propaganda churned out by the UK Home Office (they really went for it!) in the late 70s in the UK.

But, as I stated in a previous post somewhere, I simply don't believe a nuclear attack would be 'allowed'. Conventional war yes, but not this. There has been a lot of evidence, eyewitness testimony etc, from the military, those who saw interdimensional/spacecraft hover over buildings where warheads were kept and directed an energy beam (of sorts) over the building, disabling the weapons inside.

This planet is not ours to mess around with to that extent, because what happens here affects the evolution, not to mention countless lives of other civilizations in the universe. The Japan nukes were 'allowed' so that we could see and know the consequences of going down that road, I believe. These are dark times, but I do know that humankind is on an ascension path that will eventually free us from the dark controllers.

What we will be seeing is a mega load of 'nuclear' fearmongering from msm et al, to keep us in a continual state of fear....Ukraine is the new covid.

So no, I'm not burying my head in the sand by refusing to entertain nuclear survival techniques, its just that I have a very strong trust in the Divine....and it's this Divine that well and truly has our backs and will not allow this planet to die."
    Well said and I totally agree. I don't think that scenario would be allowed. We did not Create the world, so it is not for US to destroy. Also, the negative effects of a nuclear war would propagate far beyond this planet and this dimension.

Even if you don't believe in some higher force forbidding it, there is another one in play, and that's us:

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)
    Quote Posted by AMystic3434 (here)
    We are heading towards destroying this planet and there is not anything any one can do about it.
    I believe we have done something about it. We create our realities; as a species we have collectively 'uncreated' the potential of a nuclear war already, because if it could happen, it surely would have happened years ago. I do not believe there will be a nuclear war. By panicking and running you offer your consent to this potential. Have no fear. Put a big red ‘X’ through it and continue to live your life in peace.

Fear is the mind killer.
    Anyway,

It's a waste - and a grave misuse - of time worrying about nuclear war, and/or prepping for it. If you're convinced the plane is doomed, and about to enter a super-sonic vertical dive, the 'brace position' is not going to help.

I simply do not believe in an all-out nuclear apocalypse. Even if I was wrong, so what? I'd much rather be wrong having lived my life right up to the end without a single thought worrying about it, than be right and live that same time miserable and afraid.

One day, yes, a huge cataclysmic (and likely natural) event will hit the planet and wipe us out. Maybe we're fated for a slow destruction, like something cyclical to do with the environment or climate. In either case it will probably be decided by factors entirely unconnected to us. Humanity is so wrapped up in itself that it thinks IT is the custodian of the Earth; the be all and end all of creation. It isn't - WE aren't. In the Earth's long life we've been around for merely a blink of an eye, one beat of the planet's heart. Less than that. There have been advanced civilizations on the Earth before this one, and there will be again after we've gone. Humanity rises and falls, rises and falls again. And it seems to be the Earth who brings about our destruction each time. It's the way of things, and maybe it will continue to be the way until we get our sh!t together.

(There are some who say, perhaps, that the End of this civilization wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing)

Name:  end_of_world5e5d47f77064d.jpeg
Views: 31
Size:  41.3 KB
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

6. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

aoibhghaire (11th February 2023), Bill Ryan (11th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Isserley (11th February 2023), Ivanhoe (12th February 2023), Mari (11th February 2023), Merkaba360 (12th February 2023), mizo (11th February 2023), mountain_jim (11th February 2023), Nasu (11th February 2023), Orph (11th February 2023), Phoenix1304 (14th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (18th May 2023), Reinhard (12th February 2023), skogvokter (12th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th February 2023), Tigger (12th February 2023), Vicus (12th February 2023), Wind (11th February 2023), wondering (11th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,332 times in 8,672 posts

perhaps echoing some of Mark's post above

a comment there (many of the comments seem relevant)

Plutot Crever
    2 years ago (edited)
    For those here who care, this video shows a kid playing in his house that was torn apart by a tornado digging in the mess of random stuff all over the place making some sense of it and picking up what he might keep. He kept the dog and his skateboard. He's young, soon to be a man and full of hope and he will rebuild his future. This song isn't depressing and isn't about the end of the world. Its about change. The lyrics are a mess of random stuff that Humanity must make sense of, pick up what it might keep and go forward.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 11th February 2023 at 15:17.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Isserley (11th February 2023), Ivanhoe (12th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), Matthew (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), Reinhard (12th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th February 2023), wondering (11th February 2023)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,747 times in 488 posts

I read from the beginning to the period of the black death, then jumped to the present time. And I see this coming to fruition.
    The earthquake in Turkey most recently and Syria. There have been daily reports of intense rain flooding throughout the world over the past year. There have been areas of extended drought in other areas. Have not seen any real signs of pestilence at least in my news feeds but there is yet time for that.
    My 2 cents is that anything viral or bacterial can be treated with sodium dichlorite solution (MMS). It would be advisable for all to have the makings on hand.
    Other than that I hope the best for the world.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Frankie Pancakes For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th February 2023), Franny (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Isserley (11th February 2023), Mari (11th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), mountain_jim (11th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), Reinhard (12th February 2023), wondering (11th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

11. Link to Post #26
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,391 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Re: A global disaster is coming in 2023 (that's for sure)!

, its just that I have a very strong trust in the Divine....and it's this Divine that well and truly has our backs and will not allow this planet to die.
    Excuse me, it is not a question of belief in the divine. Which would mean those who died in the earthquake in Turkey and Syria did not believe in God.
    It was thousands who sacrificed their lives to save the lives of others? Is this the price to pay to avoid World War III?
    This tragedy was not in Ukraine which has been in conflict since 2014, chosen date 2022, what is God doing???, the power of belief would not be anything other than the divine?, are we not we even divine energy?

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (12th February 2023), Franny (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), Reinhard (12th February 2023), Vicus (12th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

13. Link to Post #27
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,358 times in 677 posts

"It's not my intention to derail this thread (apologies Bill) 😉 I have a knee-jerk reaction to anything 'nuclear' the msm puts out, having lived through and been scared out of my wits by the nuclear fear propaganda churned out by the UK Home Office (they really went for it!) in the late 70s in the UK.

But, as I stated in a previous post somewhere, I simply don't believe a nuclear attack would be 'allowed'. Conventional war yes, but not this. There has been a lot of evidence, eyewitness testimony etc, from the military, those who saw interdimensional/spacecraft hover over buildings where warheads were kept and directed an energy beam (of sorts) over the building, disabling the weapons inside.

This planet is not ours to mess around with to that extent, because what happens here affects the evolution, not to mention countless lives of other civilizations in the universe. The Japan nukes were 'allowed' so that we could see and know the consequences of going down that road, I believe. These are dark times, but I do know that humankind is on an ascension path that will eventually free us from the dark controllers.

What we will be seeing is a mega load of 'nuclear' fearmongering from msm et al, to keep us in a continual state of fear....Ukraine is the new covid.

So no, I'm not burying my head in the sand by refusing to entertain nuclear survival techniques, its just that I have a very strong trust in the Divine....and it's this Divine that well and truly has our backs and will not allow this planet to die."
    Well said and I totally agree. I don't think that scenario would be allowed. We did not Create the world, so it is not for US to destroy. Also, the negative effects of a nuclear war would propagate far beyond this planet and this dimension.

Even if you don't believe in some higher force forbidding it, there is another one in play, and that's us:

Quote Posted by AMystic3434 (here)
    We are heading towards destroying this planet and there is not anything any one can do about it.
    I believe we have done something about it. We create our realities; as a species we have collectively 'uncreated' the potential of a nuclear war already, because if it could happen, it surely would have happened years ago. I do not believe there will be a nuclear war. By panicking and running you offer your consent to this potential. Have no fear. Put a big red ‘X’ through it and continue to live your life in peace.

Fear is the mind killer.
    Anyway,

It's a waste - and a grave misuse - of time worrying about nuclear war, and/or prepping for it. If you're convinced the plane is doomed, and about to enter a super-sonic vertical dive, the 'brace position' is not going to help.

I simply do not believe in an all-out nuclear apocalypse. Even if I was wrong, so what? I'd much rather be wrong having lived my life right up to the end without a single thought worrying about it, than be right and live that same time miserable and afraid.

One day, yes, a huge cataclysmic (and likely natural) event will hit the planet and wipe us out. Maybe we're fated for a slow destruction, like something cyclical to do with the environment or climate. In either case it will probably be decided by factors entirely unconnected to us. Humanity is so wrapped up in itself that it thinks IT is the custodian of the Earth; the be all and end all of creation. It isn't - WE aren't. In the Earth's long life we've been around for merely a blink of an eye, one beat of the planet's heart. Less than that. There have been advanced civilizations on the Earth before this one, and there will be again after we've gone. Humanity rises and falls, rises and falls again. And it seems to be the Earth who brings about our destruction each time. It's the way of things, and maybe it will continue to be the way until we get our sh!t together.

(There are some who say, perhaps, that the End of this civilization wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing)

Hahaha, phones at the ready. Well said, totally agree. Like you mentioned, we were on that total-destruction timeline, but humanity's consciousness has raised itself to such a degree that nuclear war will not manifest. Neither do I think that Earth herself will throw a gigantic wobbly that will doom us to extinction (no matter the cretinous aspects of the human race) But there will be a lot of major upheavals - a 'cleansing', if you use spiritual terms, to bring things back into balance.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 11th February 2023 at 21:31. Reason: embedded the image

14. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

avid (11th February 2023), Bill Ryan (11th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (12th February 2023), Franny (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), Miller (11th February 2023), mountain_jim (11th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (18th May 2023), Reinhard (12th February 2023), Satori (11th February 2023), Vicus (12th February 2023), Wind (12th February 2023), wondering (11th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

"Science" now is beginning to indicate this is cyclical and unavoidable...
    Ancient Astronomers warn of the same
    "Prophesies" predicts this...

The mystery schools purportedly know this and albeit mostly corrupted have prepared for this eventuality to further their own ends.

Many of us "feel" an inherent sense of this and have felt this way for quite a while, it led me to Project Avalon and here.

At first I was filled with anxiety and dread but now am at peace with the reality an epic series of global events, completely out of my control will likely occur and there are many who seek advantage in this. These days I experience a sense of ennui...I am not particularly bothered by what is to come for good or ill. I have no delusions I will be "raptured" away or beamed aboard some orbiting vessel and whisked away to safety. Irregardless of global catastrophe I also note even without it the world is moving and shifting to a VERY dark place BUT am also aware that this too is cyclical and probably the last vestigies of energy left to enemies of humanity before, as with every cycle, a new age is upon us. One that is positive...eventually.

I still oppose our slide into despotism and fascism, reject evil and educate where I can but......I am not afraid.
    Last edited by CurEus; 13th February 2023 at 03:24.

16. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

avid (11th February 2023), Bill Ryan (11th February 2023), Brigantia (12th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), Merkaba360 (12th February 2023), Miller (12th February 2023), mountain_jim (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), Orph (12th February 2023), Patient (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), Reinhard (12th February 2023), wondering (12th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

The title of this thread? A global disaster is coming in 2023 (that's for sure)! Well, we haven't got through with the last global disaster, called Covid, which in some weird way is just a different version of the war on terror. (which is another global disaster).
    We are just going through different versions of the same types of things that people have been going through over and over again for thousands of years, just on a larger scale now.
    Humanity has reached the ability to quickly create global disasters, but even a limited nuclear exchange would seem rather small compared to what happened around 12,000 years ago.
    Reality, Universal Law....Times of calm and times of chaos. Humanity must be due for chaos because it seems some are trying to cause it rather than waiting for nature's cycle of chaos to happen. Either way, chaos will eventually happen one way or another, it's just the reality in which we exist in.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

avid (12th February 2023), Bill Ryan (12th February 2023), Brigantia (12th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), Merkaba360 (12th February 2023), mountain_jim (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), wondering (12th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,586 times in 1,594 posts

Earth cleanse itself from time to time, Gaia is a conscious body as is any other planet out there it knows when and how and DO NOT need permission of humans or aliens to act. Humans or aliens are not in control of such a thing. period. Whatever will happen, then will happen, and there is absolutely nothing we humans or aliens (of course including the super elite bastards) can do to stop it. I am more concerned about what mother nature would do than anything else.

and regarding the nuclear scary **** show, there is a threat of course but it is part of the military strategy of the countries to scary each other because they use it as an ultimate threat, because beyond that is all gonna and obviously the war would be over, as a large portion of humans. Unless the human race want to destroy itself I don't think there will be a single nuclear drop, maybe some dirty bomb, or something else like the one in Beirut.

There is a chance of soft disclosure too, I can feel how the mood of the country I am living on changed so drastically in the last few days, when people on social platforms started sharing all sort of Alien stuffs after what some people saw in the sky in Phuket. I think we may be seeing it this year, and that alone would mean more control over the population, they already got all the tools working against us, they don't need a nuclear fall out, that would not be control as I said, that would be death.

Nuclear fall out = Death
    Soft alien disclosure = More Control (heading to a totalitarian regime)
    Last edited by palehorse; 12th February 2023 at 04:42.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2023), Brigantia (12th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (12th February 2023), Frankie Pancakes (12th February 2023), Franny (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (12th February 2023), Lunesoleil (12th February 2023), Mari (12th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), Merkaba360 (12th February 2023), mountain_jim (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), thepainterdoug (12th February 2023), wondering (12th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,197 times in 264 posts

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)
    , its just that I have a very strong trust in the Divine....and it's this Divine that well and truly has our backs and will not allow this planet to die.
    Excuse me, it is not a question of belief in the divine. Which would mean those who died in the earthquake in Turkey and Syria did not believe in God.
    It was thousands who sacrificed their lives to save the lives of others? Is this the price to pay to avoid World War III?
    This tragedy was not in Ukraine which has been in conflict since 2014, chosen date 2022, what is God doing???, the power of belief would not be anything other than the divine?, are we not we even divine energy?
    It's been said we can literally move mountains. Consciousness creates reality. It could be the reason why huge efforts are being made through mass media to steer our beliefs.

22. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to s7e6e For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2023), Brigantia (12th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (12th February 2023), Docim369 (13th February 2023), Frankie Pancakes (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Isserley (12th February 2023), Mari (12th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), Matthew (12th February 2023), mountain_jim (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (12th February 2023), Wind (12th February 2023), wondering (12th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

23. Link to Post #32
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,358 times in 677 posts

" It's been said we can literally move mountains. Consciousness creates reality. It could be the reason why huge efforts are being made through mass media to steer our beliefs."

100%. It's the reason why we have been/are being bombarded daily with death, doom, gloom, fear etc etc, by the media - the elite's grand 'Perception' tool, which steers us away from knowing what our full capabilities are. We are powerful beyond our current comprehension, and this knowledge has been withheld from us since birth, by an all-encompassing system which has so successfully kept us in our little 'perception' boxes. Fear is the ONLY weapon the elite's have ever had to control us, and our awakening to full knowledge (so, much less fear) is what they are terrified of.

They know of our increasing awareness; they are being cornered, so these days are the most 'dangerous' in terms of what they're going to impose on us. We really haven't seen anything yet, regarding the weaponry at their disposal, but the good news is that virtually everything they are trying/will do to us, is now being truly seen for what it it is by an ever-increasing awakening population.

Slightly off-topic here, I realise, but we do need an antidote to the fear-mongering that saturates the human psyche.
    Last edited by Mari; 12th February 2023 at 13:16.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2023), Brigantia (12th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (12th February 2023), Franny (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), Matthew (12th February 2023), mountain_jim (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), s7e6e (13th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (12th February 2023), Wind (12th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

25. Link to Post #33
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,435 times in 278 posts

Some valuable perspectives here, that helped me to clarify things.

But we should take care not to bundle together things that ought to be kept apart.

Honestly to state a belief in the high probability of an imminent nuclear escalation, and that people (and other entities) in high places are actively working for this to happen, is something I would regard as part of our duty to recognize and expose evil motivations in the world. Honesty and the necessary discernment of evil, should not be confused with fear-mongering.

I also agree that this business should Not be allowed to lead to a state of obsessive fear, nor should our reaction be to 'prepare' to physically survive such an event. Our reaction should instead primarily be spiritual, as suggested above by several people.

And the proper spiritual response should itself have spiritual goals.

The war escalators do this stuff mainly because they intend that vast numbers of people will die *in fear, resentment and despair*. They will therefore be dying in the worst possible way considering what happens *after* death.

We probably cannot (as individuals) prevent people continuing to die in large numbers due to the deliberate will of world rulers. Therefore; I think what we are probably *meant* to do is to exert our-selves spiritually (by example and through personal relationships) - to ensure that When people die (and die they will - later if not sooner); they will die in hope, not despair; in love, not fear.

26. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

avid (12th February 2023), Ben (12th February 2023), Bill Ryan (12th February 2023), Franny (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th February 2023), Mari (13th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), Matthew (12th February 2023), mountain_jim (12th February 2023), NancyV (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), Reinhard (12th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (12th February 2023), Wind (12th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,522 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by Bruce G Charlton (here)
    Honestly to state a belief in the high probability of an imminent nuclear escalation, and that people (and other entities) in high places are actively working for this to happen, is something I would regard as part of our duty to recognize and expose evil motivations in the world. Honesty and the necessary discernment of evil, should not be confused with fear-mongering.
    Bruce, Hi there, and many thanks. I entirely agree.

I don't know if you know this, but most Avalon members who've been here quite a while are aware that since you and I last saw one another I grew to become quite an experienced high-altitude mountaineer, with all that entails.

One of the aspects of that is to be attuned to all kinds of potential danger. Avalanches due to unstable snow conditions, potentially loose rock, approaching storms, possible equipment failures, communication problems, and a whole bunch of other variables.

If one has an optimistic fingers-crossed blind eye to all this, one may be asking for a great deal of trouble. You have to look at the objective risks straight on — and because of that, one is best positioned to deal with all possible outcomes.
    (Robert Pirsig would have agreed: simply hoping that your motorcycle won't break down on a long cross-country trip isn't necessarily the wisest strategy. )
    So it is with the dangers of a NATO/Russia conflict that might spiral way out of human control. Yesterday I posted a long analysis here which concluded that the risk of a very serious and dangerous escalation could be something like 10%.

That might be about right. It's an estimate, of course (these things can't be calculated!), but those are good casino odds. However, anyone with professional corporate risk management experience knows that even a tiny risk of something extremely detrimental needs to be carefully considered and mitigated against if at all possible.

There's nothing we mortals can practically do about such events — including geophysical ones — but there are many Avalon threads about simple, sensible preparedness.

Growing your own food (or at least, knowing how to!), becoming at least a little more self-sufficient and braced for supply chain breakdowns, and so on. There's a whole section called Living Off The Grid which discusses all that under a number of categories, and it has a lot of good practical information.

One doesn't have to go the whole hog and disconnect from everything tomorrow. But it may be quite smart to know how to, and to have at least some of the resources on hand. Then, as Pirsig would also have agreed, one is prepared for the ride whatever may happen, also knowing that it all might be extremely pleasant and totally uneventful.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 12th February 2023 at 17:49.

28. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Adi (12th February 2023), Alan (12th February 2023), avid (12th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (12th February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (12th February 2023), Franny (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th February 2023), Mari (13th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), Matthew (12th February 2023), mountain_jim (12th February 2023), NancyV (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), Orph (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), Reinhard (12th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (12th February 2023), Violet3 (13th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023), Yoda (12th February 2023)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,952 times in 430 posts

... high-altitude mountaineer, with all that entails...

Individual survival (whyle mountaineering) and surviving a global catastrophe are not comparable imho.

What will the family in its shelter do when their neighbors need water and they have a year's supply that they won't share?

The individualist nature of survival prepping is essentially a fantasy game, and likely to become one of the hazards when real disaster happens.

The inclusive community has the best chance of survival for everyone within it.

Quote Posted by Ben (here)
    With all due respect Bill, the evocative language you use here makes it seem as though you're trying to bait a nuclear war into existence.
    I don't have those magical powers! And neither would I ever want such a thing to happen. I merely suspect right now that it may no longer be impossible.
    To some extent we all have those magical powers.. It is our thinking pattern that is responsible for creating our destiny. Saying it out loud (writing) even more so.
    Is every mind connected to form a peer to peer network that creates the illusion of a shared reality, making the appearance of material reality a simulation created through shared beliefs?

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Isserley For This Post:

Ben (12th February 2023), Bill Ryan (12th February 2023), Franny (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th February 2023), Mari (13th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), mountain_jim (13th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), Violet3 (13th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

31. Link to Post #36
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,435 times in 278 posts

Quote Posted by Bruce G Charlton (here)
    Bruce, Hi there, and many thanks. I entirely agree.

I don't know if you know this, but most Avalon members who've been here quite a while are aware that since you and I last saw one another I grew to become quite an experienced high-altitude mountaineer, with all that entails.

One of the aspects of that is to be attuned to all kinds of potential danger. Avalanches due to unstable snow conditions, potentially loose rock, approaching storms, possible equipment failures, communication problems, and a whole bunch of other variables.

If one has an optimistic fingers-crossed blind eye to all this, one may be asking for a great deal of trouble. You have to look at the objective risks straight on — and because of that, one is best positioned to deal with all possible outcomes.
    (Robert Pirsig would have agreed: simply hoping that your motorcycle won't break down on a long cross-country trip isn't necessarily the wisest strategy. )
    So it is with the dangers of a NATO/Russia conflict that might spiral way out of human control. Yesterday I posted a long analysis here which concluded that the risk of a very serious and dangerous escalation could be something like 10%.

That might be about right. It's an estimate, of course (these things can't be calculated!), but those are good casino odds. However, anyone with professional corporate risk management experience knows that even a tiny risk of something extremely detrimental needs to be carefully considered and mitigated against if at all possible.

There's nothing we mortals can practically do about such events — including geophysical ones — but there are many Avalon threads about simple, sensible preparedness.

Growing your own food (or at least, knowing how to!), becoming at least a little more self-sufficient and braced for supply chain breakdowns, and so on. There's a whole section called Living Off The Grid which discusses all that under a number of categories, and it has a lot of good practical information.

One doesn't have to go the whole hog and disconnect from everything tomorrow. But it may be quite smart to know how to, and to have at least some of the resources on hand. Then, as Pirsig would also have agreed, one is prepared for the ride whatever may happen, also knowing that it all might be extremely pleasant and totally uneventful.

Thanks Bill. I am somewhat aware of your activities in the past 45 years since I knew you (!)- including high altitude expeditions - from having watched some of your video interviews.

From the corner of the internet I have inhabited as a blogger over the past decade, I have become aware that the business of prepping can become a spiritually very negative thing in some people, with selfish motivations (even, in some writers, leading to a kind of gloating anticipation of how "I will be fine" when everybody else is suffering badly). And that the type of prepping is also very unrealistic in the context of the kind of *civilizational* collapse and breakdown of order that is being planned by some powerful groups.

(Indeed, I believe that civilizational collapse would be very difficult to avoid for long in the world we have; difficult for biological and economic - but especially for negative-spiritual reasons. But the point is; we are not even trying to Avoid it! By negative-spiritual - I mean the already implicit, but increasingly overt self-hatred and suicidal motivations of both leadership and many ordinary people; that are now mainstream (and officially encouraged) in The West.)

In a nutshell; we are (overall) sustained by The System, but The System is evil, self-destructive and unsustainable - and in addition The System has ideologically turned against itself and is destroying itself (by one part creating deliberate destruction and chaos in the other parts - and feeding off it, materially and by a spiritual vampirism).

So materially speaking on a global level, I am extremely pessimistic wrt the probabilities - even if someone stops those who are deliberately escalating towards full nuclear war!

As for disaster preparedness - I think it is very much a matter of the individual and the circumstances. We each have an unique destiny, and ought to be guided by that. I feel that - if sought in the right spirit - we can all receive specific personal guidance about what to do in our actual lives. But this guidance will Not usually be about trying to escape trouble, or maximizing the duration of personal survival in this mortal life.

Living in England; where so many people are so old, ill, dysfunctional (by world historical standards), and where value-inversion has created a society that increasingly seeks evil (but calls it Good) and seeks to corrupt or destroy Good (while labelling it evil); it seems likely that for many (but not all) people, 'disaster preparedness' would be mainly spiritual not physical; and about how to die well when the time is right, rather than to sustain life a bit longer.
    Last edited by Bruce G Charlton; 12th February 2023 at 19:02.

32. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2023), Franny (12th February 2023), Harmony (12th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th February 2023), Mari (14th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), mountain_jim (13th February 2023), NancyV (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), Orph (12th February 2023), pueblo (12th February 2023), Sue (Ayt) (13th February 2023), Sunny (12th February 2023), Violet3 (13th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023), Yoda (12th February 2023)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

An extract (the concluding two paragraphs) from Wade Frazier's post on his thread a few minutes ago.

Quote Posted by Wade Frazier (here)
    Hi:

It is time for a long-overdue Ukraine post, and the threat of nuclear war.

[ ... ]

Last year, the USA’s Director of National Intelligence testified that the likeliest scenario for Putin’s use of nuclear weapons was if the war in Ukraine went badly. If there is any good news on that score, it is that the war is going well for Russia. The USA’s plans to grind down Russia in Ukraine are not working, but the USA might get desperate and initiate a nuclear conflagration, as the American Empire crumbles. Western elites are beginning to bail out of a war that they planned for years, in our latest imperial crime, and we are a woke empire now. But the anti-Russian propaganda in the USA has been dialed up to 11. The neo-McCarthyite PropOrNot operation, run out of Ukraine, was only a warmup.

So, the question that I have is this: Will we avoid a nuclear war? The best way to avoid that would be a quick Russian victory. The longer it drags on, the likelier a nuclear war will be, and it will largely be on the USA’s head. Russia would have prevailed long ago, if the USA and its NATO puppets had not intervened. It still looks like Russia will prevail, although I just saw an estimate that it will take three years. One thing is for sure: the American government deserves no support on the Ukrainian matter, as it takes a blowtorch to the powder keg once again. One of these times, a nuclear war may be the outcome, which I hope that I do not live to see. Give me the Fifth Epoch instead.

Best,

Wade

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Bruce G Charlton (12th February 2023), Franny (13th February 2023), Harmony (13th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th February 2023), kudzy (13th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), mountain_jim (13th February 2023), NancyV (12th February 2023), Nasu (13th February 2023), Violet3 (13th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023), Yoda (13th February 2023)

35. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,554 times in 20,694 posts

This may not signify for anyone else in the context of this thread, but it may still prove useful in a general sense.
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Alan Watts: On Being God – Being in the Way Podcast Ep. 6 – Hosted by Mark Watts
    Be Here Now Network
    106K subscribers
    112,631 views Dec 26, 2022 Alan Watts - Being in the Way

(I'm not listening to this series in order, but randomly according to my intuition as to which one will speak to me most clearly at the time. But listening to them in order is probably a good idea too...This particular episode has been helpful to me in consideration of the issues raised in in this thread: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...t-s-for-sure--)

"In ‘On Being God,’ Alan shares on therapy, religion, mystical experiences, & Jesus, before playing the hilarious and light-shedding role of a clinical patient who realizes they’re God.

This series is brought to you by the Alan Watts Organization and Ram Dass’ Love Serve Remember Foundation. Visit https://Alanwatts.org for full talks from Alan Watts.

Mystical Experiences // Humanity & Nature // Psychiatry & Religion (0:00)
    Jesus & The Great Heresy // Democracy in the Kingdom of Heaven // Karma & Responsibility (23:23)
    On Being God: Alan Watts Clinical Experience (38:38)

'To know that you are God is another way of saying that you feel completely with this universe, you feel profoundly rooted in it and connected with it, you feel that the whole energy which expresses itself in the galaxies, is intimate. It is not something to which you are a stranger, but it is that with which you are intimately bound up, that in your seeing, your hearing, your talking, your thinking, your moving, you express that which it is that moves the sun and other stars.' – Alan Watts"

Each breath a gift...

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ben (13th February 2023), Bill Ryan (12th February 2023), Franny (13th February 2023), Harmony (13th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th February 2023), mountain_jim (13th February 2023), Nasu (30th April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (13th February 2023)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

This may be very interesting? It does seem that we are in a very dark moment on planet earth. We must shine our light even brighter.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

avid (13th February 2023), Bill Ryan (12th February 2023), Franny (13th February 2023), Harmony (13th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th February 2023), Matthew (12th February 2023), Miller (12th February 2023), mountain_jim (13th February 2023), Nasu (30th April 2023), Strat (13th February 2023)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

This might just possibly belong here. It's a 3-minute scene from near the beginning of the most excellent 1995 movie Crimson Tide.

The theme of the film is a nuclear strike that's been ordered to be launched from a US submarine. The ship's captain (Gene Hackman, who deserved an Oscar), and the ship's Executive Officer (Denzel Washington), are two opposite personality types.

They become deadlocked in their own personal conflict, culminating in a mutiny. The argument is whether to launch their nukes or not when their instructions to do so become fragmented by an incomplete message that they're unable to verify or clarify.

I've watched the film numerous times. It's really all about the huge, inhuman load on very human individuals when they suddenly find themselves in a critical decision-making position.

Another scene, near the end of the film, is where Vossler, a hapless, sweating junior technician, is trying to repair a broken radio as the seconds to launch tick away. Washington's character tells him:
    If we launch, and we're wrong, what's left of Russia is gonna launch at us. There will be a nuclear holocaust beyond imagination. So it's all about knowing, Mr Vossler. We have to know whether or not our order to launch has been recalled or not. The only way we're gonna know is if you fix that radio, you understand? If you do not get this radio up, a billion people are gonna die. Now it's all up to you. I know that's a shitty deal, but you got it.
    ~~~

And a historical note which very few people know. A VERY similar situation occurred for real during the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis when a Russian submarine was only prevented from launching its nuclear missiles by one Russian commander who refused to consent because there wasn't enough information to be certain of the true situation. See this fascinating Avalon thread:The reason I've posted this here is because when it comes to the kind of unthinkable war that is possible now, key decisions are made by a tiny number of flawed and stressed humans who may not always get it right.

Crimson Tide: The true enemy is war itself
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 13th February 2023 at 11:12.

40. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Arcturian108 (13th February 2023), avid (13th February 2023), Bruce G Charlton (13th February 2023), fifi (13th February 2023), Franny (13th February 2023), Gwin Ru (13th February 2023), Harmony (13th February 2023), I am B (12th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th February 2023), kudzy (13th February 2023), LifeAngel (13th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th February 2023), Miller (12th February 2023), mizo (13th February 2023), mountain_jim (13th February 2023), Nasu (13th February 2023), Peace in Oz (13th February 2023), Strat (13th February 2023), Tintin (13th February 2023), Vicus (13th February 2023), Violet3 (13th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023), Yoda (13th February 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast