+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moving megaweight megalithic stone...by hand with super simple tools.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 times in 784 posts

Default Moving megaweight megalithic stone...by hand with super simple tools.

Well, this is COMPELLING!

Sorry Ancient Aliens Theorists

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 10th February 2023 at 19:52. Reason: embedded the video

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

aledum (11th February 2023), Arcturian108 (10th February 2023), avid (11th February 2023), Bill Ryan (10th February 2023), Brigantia (10th February 2023), Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (11th February 2023), ExomatrixTV (10th February 2023), Frankie Pancakes (10th February 2023), Ioneo (10th February 2023), Ivanhoe (11th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (10th February 2023), Mercedes (10th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), Samson (10th February 2023), Satori (12th February 2023), Strat (11th February 2023), ZenBaller (10th February 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Member RatRodRob...RRR's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 times in 241 posts

Default Re: Moving megaweight megalithic stone...by hand with super simple tools.

This vid is old as the hills and doesnt even come close to explaining sites such as Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman or the "unfinished" Obelisk at Aswan Egypt.

Its clever what this bloke managed to do, but........he needed flat level land to accomplish this feat, that on its own is very important for how his process worked.

Im not having a go at the OP, but he did ever so cheekily say ..."Sorry Ancient Aliens Theorists", which is baiting, and i took the bait lol
    RRR
    The more people i met, the more i liked my dog.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RatRodRob...RRR For This Post:

CurEus (11th February 2023), Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Hym (11th February 2023), Ivanhoe (11th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (11th February 2023), Lasuh (11th February 2023), Mari (11th February 2023), meeradas (11th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), Satori (12th February 2023), Sunny-side-up (11th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default Re: Moving megaweight megalithic stone...by hand with super simple tools.

was fun to see but very far from a practical explanation to the ancients . and I always wondered why remnants of tools and devices that were used to move the stones were never found around the site.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Hym (11th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (11th February 2023), Satori (12th February 2023), Sunny-side-up (11th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 times in 982 posts

Quote Posted by RatRodRob...RRR (here)
    This vid is old as the hills and doesnt even come close to explaining sites such as Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman or the "unfinished" Obelisk at Aswan Egypt.

Its clever what this bloke managed to do, but........he needed flat level land to accomplish this feat, that on its own is very important for how his process worked.

Im not having a go at the OP, but he did ever so cheekily say ..."Sorry Ancient Aliens Theorists", which is baiting, and i took the bait lol
    RRR
    Good point of disagreement, and a commendable polite Avalonian delivery.

First thought was the Corral Castle method, which apparently doesn’t need alien tech.

Other thought, and am just as unconvinced by it, is something I heard about the debate between quantum physicists and classical physicists. Seems there was one guy early on who, at a conference, stood up and showed how classical physics sufficed. He was challenged with a further, more difficult/weird problem, and came back later with a solution. This was said to have repeated some times over, to an impressive extent according to the story. I don’t recall, or didn’t hear, how that ended up.

“Space Aliens” are the go-to of lazy thinkers, but it might be so.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Hym (11th February 2023), meeradas (11th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (13th February 2023), Sunny-side-up (11th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johnnycomelately (here)

RRR
    Good point of disagreement, and a commendable polite Avalonian delivery.

First thought was the Corral Castle method, which apparently doesn’t need alien tech.

Other thought, and am just as unconvinced by it, is something I heard about the debate between quantum physicists and classical physicists. Seems there was one guy early on who, at a conference, stood up and showed how classical physics sufficed. He was challenged with a further, more difficult/weird problem, and came back later with a solution. This was said to have repeated some times over, to an impressive extent according to the story. I don’t recall, or didn’t hear, how that ended up.

“Space Aliens” are the go-to of lazy thinkers, but it might be so.
    Hi Johnny.
    Corral castle is a magnificent acheivement, they say that Leedscalnin (spelling) built it alone and at night, but i think he used a variety of pullies and chit, and the blocks of corral were prolly lighter than even the main blocks at the Pyramids, but i tend to think there is some truth in regards to Leedscalnin's use of weightlessness or anti gravity means.

The physics example you mentioned rings a bell, and it reminds me of a gent whilst hosting a high end social party, in front of guests on the second floor of the building, he levitated out of a open window and floated back in through another window, guests were stunned and thrilled at the same time, i wish i could remember more of this story, but it does lean towards the theory of using anti gravity (or what ever you want to call it) to levitate heavy blocks of stone and to levitate ones self.
    RRR

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RatRodRob...RRR For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Mari (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

It seems at this point in history it's up to the individual to read what you can about megalithic sites and come up with your own conclusion. I don't think anybody knows for sure at the moment.

I think folks like this are more likely to stumble or at least 'brush shoulders' with how such sites were made. They aren't constricted by peers, such as in the world of traditional science. The drawback there of course is that they often don't have the knowledge of traditional scientists, and the methods they come across might not have been available to a particular site for a variety of reasons.

Maybe off topic but I gotta ask: What are yalls favorite megalithic sites?
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

CurEus (15th February 2023), Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Mari (11th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,309 times in 674 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    It seems at this point in history it's up to the individual to read what you can about megalithic sites and come up with your own conclusion. I don't think anybody knows for sure at the moment.

I think folks like this are more likely to stumble or at least 'brush shoulders' with how such sites were made. They aren't constricted by peers, such as in the world of traditional science. The drawback there of course is that they often don't have the knowledge of traditional scientists, and the methods they come across might not have been available to a particular site for a variety of reasons.

Maybe off topic but I gotta ask: What are yalls favorite megalithic sites?

Gobekli Tepe

First championed by Graham Hancock...
    https://grahamhancock.com/collinsa3/

He explains here why this site has rattled the conventional view of archaeologists, who mostly can't accept its great age..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxzJIwdd55k

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

avid (11th February 2023), Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (12th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), Strat (11th February 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

RRR
    The superobjective here is to elucidate that AA and others tend to denigrate the ingenuity of people and give "power" over to fantasies. I expect we will one day learn some ridiculously simple methods employed for other wonders we cannot as yet explain. I tend to think many oddities may not be as impossible to construct as we are led to believe...we are no "smarter" or creative than humans 100,000 years ago and have considerably less brain matter than Neanderthals.

Not everything has to be "aliens".

What I find compelling is that what IS "impossible" to move is actually "effortless" ...when one knows how. What else have we forgotten?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (16th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (13th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    was fun to see but very far from a practical explanation to the ancients . and I always wondered why remnants of tools and devices that were used to move the stones were never found around the site.
    If they were using hyper advanced technologies or enormous lathes they most certainly would not be left laying around on the ground, most equipment is moved from site to site to another site and the workers follow. Moreso, Masons have always been a very secretive bunch,,,

No decent trades or builders leaves their tools. What tools or equipment are left from building the Empire State Building, the Taj Mahal, 3 Gorges dam or even a road? I suppose one could be buried with them like warriors interred with armours and shields...I have never really come across this tho but sometimes the odd headstone may have something depicting profession or trade.
    Last edited by CurEus; 11th February 2023 at 23:01.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Nasu (12th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,309 times in 674 posts

Can't help feeling that the chap effortlessly shuffling stones around is yet another 'Doug and Dave' - UK's version, many years ago, of the two men who suddenly appeared, in the midst of the wonderful, mysterious Crop Circle phenomena, to debunk the mystery of them (genuine ones, that is) by stating that they had created them.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (16th February 2023), Le Chat (12th February 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (13th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

A bit more fun for those interested. And by no meas is this definitive but it is something to consider beyond "alien interventions" pls excuse the formatting!

Indigenous plants used to soften megalithic stone.

"In an interview in 1983, Jorge A. Lira, a Catholic priest who was an expert in Andean folklore, said that he had rediscovered the ancient
    method of softening stone. According to a pre-Columbian legend the gods had given the Indians two gifts to enable them to build colossal architectural works such as Sacsayhuaman and Machu Picchu.

The gifts were two plants with
    amazing properties. One of them was the coca plant, whose leaves enabled the workers to sustain the tremendous effort required. The other was a plant which, when mixed with other ingredients, turned hard stone into a
    malleable paste.

Padre Lira said he had spent 14 years studying the legend and
    finally succeeded in identifying the plant in question, which he called ‘jotcha’. He carried out several experiments and, although he managed to soften solid rock, he could not reharden it, and therefore considered his experiments a failure. Aukanaw, an Argentine anthropologist of Mapuche
    origin, who died in 1994, related a tradition about a species of woodpecker known locally by such names as pitiwe, pite, and pitio; its scientific
    name is probably Colaptes pitius (Chilean flicker), which is found in Chile and Argentina, or Colaptes rupicola (Andean flicker), which is found in southern Ecuador, Peru, western Bolivia, and northern Argentina and Chile.

If
    someone blocks the entrance to its nest with a piece of rock or iron it will fetch a rare plant, known as pito or pitu, and rub it against the obstacle, causing it to become weaker or dissolve. In Peru, above 4500 m, there is said to be a plant called kechuca which turns stone to jelly, and which the jakkacllopito bird uses to make its nest. A plant with similar
    properties that grows at even higher altitudes is known, among other things, as punco-punco; this may be Ephedra andina, which the Mapuche consider a
    medicinal plant.

Some more reading https://davidpratt.info/andes2.htm

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (16th February 2023), Mari (13th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

This video attempts to illustrate how geopolymers could have been employed to produce some megalithic structures. I find it somewhat compelling...but am not convinced.
    I would suggest playing at .75 speed as the narrator speaks quite rapidly. The recreation in the video is quite amusing to watch.

Their ideas around some of the greatest artworks is actually fascinating ( latter 1/2 of video)

Last edited by CurEus; 13th February 2023 at 03:04.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Mari (13th February 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (13th February 2023)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

This may actually deserve its' own post.

Secret of ancient Roman Concrete that lasts 1,000 years.
    We currently use something called "Portland cement" which is a poor imitation, an environmental mess, hard and expensive to maintain. Ancient Romans were WAY ahead of us yet again. I believe this cement is even waterproof! Alas, NO "aliens" yet again. ( although maybe they gave them the recipe? ) The sidebar in the MIT Press release offers links to media reports, which oddly pretty much reads like copy/paste.

"...a team of investigators from MIT, Harvard University, and laboratories in Italy and Switzerland, has made progress in this field, discovering ancient concrete-manufacturing strategies that incorporated several key self-healing functionalities. The findings are published today in the journal Science Advances, in a paper by MIT professor of civil and environmental engineering Admir Masic, former doctoral student Linda Seymour ’14, PhD ’21, and four others."

https://news.mit.edu/2023/roman-conc...ime-casts-0106

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th February 2023), Mari (13th February 2023)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 times in 201 posts

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to holcaul For This Post:

CurEus (14th February 2023), Le Chat (13th February 2023), Mari (13th February 2023), Sunny-side-up (14th February 2023)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CurEus (here)

RRR
    The superobjective here is to elucidate that AA and others tend to denigrate the ingenuity of people and give "power" over to fantasies. I expect we will one day learn some ridiculously simple methods employed for other wonders we cannot as yet explain. I tend to think many oddities may not be as impossible to construct as we are led to believe...we are no "smarter" or creative than humans 100,000 years ago and have considerably less brain matter than Neanderthals.

Not everything has to be "aliens".

What I find compelling is that what IS "impossible" to move is actually "effortless" ...when one knows how. What else have we forgotten?
    Yeah, the wheel comes to mind, super easy to construct and made everything laborious so much easier, and of course "hidden tech" may not be "hidden", we just cant see it.........yet.......................RRR

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RatRodRob...RRR For This Post:

CurEus (14th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th February 2023), Sunny-side-up (14th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

I like Uncharted X and his videos. Especially his observation of the "decline" of skills and craftsmanship in Egypt over time.

I'll go out on a limb and state. I do NOT believe modern Egyptians had much to do with Dynastic Egypt construction or art...I also do not believe Pre Dynastic Egyptians were Arabs.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

halcyon026 (14th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (16th February 2023), Sunny-side-up (14th February 2023), XelNaga (16th February 2023)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,957 times in 2,391 posts

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/c...orldgrid08.htm

Brought to our attention by Bill in a post here back in 2017.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Casey Claar (15th February 2023), CurEus (15th February 2023), Matthew (14th February 2023), Sunny-side-up (15th February 2023)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Compelling theory on Coral Castle 23 Minutes!

https://youtu.be/nOoCuDnmtyM

https://youtu.be/nOoCuDnmtyM

36. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,192 times in 4,071 posts

Sort of off topic but just seen this, saying there are stone arrowheads found with crafting evidence which was carbon dated at about 15000ish years old.

Joseph P. Farrell
    @gizadeathstar
    Archaeologists discovered 13 full and fragmented projectile points, ranging from 0.5 to 2 inches and razor-sharp.

Linked article: https://gizadeathstar.com/2023/02/oo...-points-found/

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

CurEus (16th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (16th February 2023)

+ Reply to Thread