Thread: The Feb 2023 Ohio Chemical Disaster

1. Link to Post #181
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,773 times in 4,375 posts

Default Re: The Feb 2023 Ohio Chemical Disaster

... about trains going off their trolleys:

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th March 2023), BMJ (2nd April 2023), ClearWater (6th March 2023), Ewan (6th March 2023), Harmony (7th March 2023), rgray222 (6th March 2023), Sadieblue (7th March 2023)

3. Link to Post #182
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,048 times in 2,398 posts

Quote Posted by Gwin Ru (here)

... from Jim Stone:

East Palestine:

I told you so! This was something I nailed totally accurately from the beginning..

One thing I did not know weeks ago however, was that this attack was planned at least 8 months ago and it is easily proven.
    TimTruth found something absolutely damning - that 8 months ago a highly flammable railcar was parked on a side spur and left to sit exactly where the derailment happened and it went up in flames when the government intentionally lit the fires. The derailment was not a crash and burn, it was a crash with one car leaking and no flames at all until our own government intentionally blew up ALL the railcars that had the toxic stuff, PLUS lit the railcar that had been parked there for 8 months and was not on any cargo manifest. What was in it, and why on earth did the government light that one on fire too? It was still sitting there fine, nothing hit it at all but it was close enough to the derailment to look like it was part of it.

NOW IRREFUTABLY OBVIOUS: THE GOVERNMENT DID EAST PALESTINE, THERE'S NO WAY OUT OF IT NOW.
    Whilst Jim Stone proclaims the Govt did this I found myself speculating along other avenues. Yes it could have been internal, but unlikely the White House type despite the fact they are all card-carrying psyvcho's; more umbrella black-ops type thing, CIA rogue department etc.

I considered that other countries most assuredly have deep operatives also, (ie: Russia, China, Israel and quite a few more). If, as hypothesised elsewhere that these chemicals were to be used in illegal chemical weapons further down the track and at a different location, is it not conceivable that other parties discovered this and prevented it happening. Considering it could have led to all out nuclear exchange if they were used in the wrong place I could see plenty candidates for stopping it - might have nothing to do with poisoning Ohio and beyond.

I admit it is difficult to fit the orange railroad car in with that theory unless it was known well in advance. Hell, what do I know anyway - just musing.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Alecs (8th March 2023), Bill Ryan (6th March 2023), bobme (6th March 2023), ClearWater (6th March 2023), Gwin Ru (6th March 2023), Harmony (7th March 2023), onawah (23rd March 2023), Reinhard (6th March 2023), Sadieblue (7th March 2023)

5. Link to Post #183
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,792 times in 2,559 posts

'SMART-CITIES-HERE-IS-HOW-IT-WORKS-POLLUTE-THE-ENVIRONMENT-SEIZE-THE-LAND-MOVE-THE-PEOPLE'

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/fpiUDHSVSkhx
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th March 2023 at 19:56. Reason: embedded the video

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2023), Ernie Nemeth (8th March 2023), Ewan (23rd March 2023), Harmony (9th March 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (19th May 2023), Seeclearly (8th March 2023)

7. Link to Post #184
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,542 times in 20,693 posts

East Palestine, Ohio Deadly Dioxin Contamination Update
    3/22/23
    Email update from: Jonathan Otto <jonathan@healthsecret.com>

"Dioxin was unleashed into the environment from the deliberate burning of vinyl chloride railcar tanks in East Palestine, Ohio, and in another disaster involving acres of burning plastics in Florida.

Did you know that previous dioxin spills include: Love Canal in Niagara Falls, NY, and the town of Times Beach, Missouri the federal government confiscated these properties?

These previous dioxin disasters completely closed those areas for human inhabitation.

This is an urgent alert…
    To American citizens about the multiple fronts of attack on our homeland!

So how far did the Dioxin contamination really spread?

The plumes of smoke containing deadly dioxin fumes from the burning of vinyl chloride in Ohio and Florida have caused serious toxic contamination of soil, water, and air.

Instantly killing millions of fish, wildlife and seriously injuring people in the area.

Over a million pounds of dioxins were released.

As much as a third of the country was contaminated with dioxins. The areas include farming areas in Ohio and Pennsylvania. And winds are carrying the dioxin toxins all over the entire eastern parts of the United States.

Wondering how toxic a Dioxin spill is?

Medical research shows dioxin or poly vinyl chloride (PVC) is highly toxic, a potent carcinogen (cancer-causing chemical) and is toxic to endocrine systems leading to infertility and long-term hormonal damage and is cancer-causing.

Dioxin is the most toxic contaminant in the chemical defoliant "Agent Orange". It was used in the Vietnam War and caused long-term health damage and deadly cancers in our military.

Dioxin or PCBs have a long chemical lifespan.

Something I found really devastating is dioxins build up in the food chain and are passed to subsequent generations via mother’s milk!

But there's something even more disturbing…

Are these disasters a psychological warfare tactic called “predictive programming"?

The train derailment and blazing inferno from the burning of the vinyl chloride-containing rail cars may be called “predictive programming”.

This leads us to the movie - Netflix’s “White Noise” released in 2022.

The movie White Noise was about a train derailment in another small town in Ohio. Sadly, many of the “extras” hired for the Netflix movie were East Palestine, Ohio residents!

This makes me stop and think.

Are these disasters telegraphing us of more horrible disaster events to come?

If you take the Chinese balloon threats, the attacks on electrical power stations, fuel refinery explosions and fires at manufacturing food suppliers the combined results have been devastating.

And it's only going to get worse…

As inflation keeps going up… banks are running out of money to cover savings deposits… the FDIC is bailing out big banks with no end in sight…

And add the endless flood of illegals from Biden's "open border policies" that brings more crime, recently released criminals, dangerous drugs, and guns across our borders.

What are the possible reasons for these attacks?

In private interviews…

Our Medical Doctors and Health Experts will discuss the long-term implications of dioxin poisoning of people caused by the rail cars containing vinyl chloride in East Palestine, Ohio…

And the Norfolk Southern train disaster February 3, 2023…

And the February 16, 2023, 5-acre blazing inferno of plastic planters at a massive industrial fire in Kissimmee, Florida.

And why more mysterious disasters will appear with no known cause every day.

 People living in the dioxin disaster areas are now experiencing skin burns, difficulty breathing, cognitive problems, neuropsychiatric symptoms, memory disturbances, muscle fatigue and weakness.

Dioxin damage to the air, water and soil from the Ohio train chemical disaster (and other new disaster areas) is causing a combined damage in the bodies of the people who have had the C0V!D shots!

Because their immune systems have been suppressed from the jab!

Lab Analysis has found harmful chemical contaminants in the C0V!D Injections including toxic heavy metals like: cesium, barium, cobalt, chromium, gadolinium, aluminum, iron, titanium, potassium, silicon, and sulfur.

Right now, Dr. Syed Haider, Dr. Bryan Ardis and our Medical Doctors and Health Experts are in a race for answers on how to heal the rising numbers of dioxin-related injuries.

One of the crucial research questions that need to be answered to obtain a clearer image of how the dioxin toxin damages the body, so medical doctors can find treatment regimens that can assist in a patient’s recovery.

This is one of the reasons our medical doctors and top health experts are saying if you’ve been vaxxed, you need to start detoxing your body as soon as possible!

The good news is that you can get access to these cleansing protocols in my latest 12 Episode docuseries, New Hope.

I’ve interviewed esteemed and highly respected health experts and researchers from naturopathic doctors and integrative medicine doctors to health advocates…

And they’ve shared advice that every single person needs to have access to right now.

>>> Reserve your viewing for "New Hope" – the most influential health restorative docuseries of 2023 - and it's 100% f.ree for you to watch.

This groundbreaking, 12-episode docuseries is jam-packed with bigger and better life-saving and expert-recommended protocols to…

Read about how deadly dioxins can seriously harm the body …

Know why when the dioxins and the mRNA and spike proteins in the jabs combine people are experiencing a worsening in their symptoms of Long C0V!D and chronic disease…

Prevent C0V!D mRNA micro-clots from turning into brain clots and deadly strokes…

How mRNA clot-shots genetically-modified "borg-people" - and are now "chattel property".

Find out the real dangers from the AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson and Johnson jabs - they all contain the exact same mRNA poisons…

There is new hope for recovery…

You can reverse post-vaxx injuries and restore your health with inexpensive protocols you can do right at home…

Get the expert health advice you've been searching for.

I’m sharing this information with you because you will NOT get it anywhere else…

The media (controlled by the global government) continue ruthlessly taking down any information that our experts share online.

There’s virtually NO other way for people to get access to this life-saving information.

I have interviewed world-renowned experts to give you access to the most recent, updated protocols to completely restore your health amidst the current health crisis.

>>> First watch the trailer for New Hope - Then sign up for all 12 Episodes.

You will want to watch all 12 Episodes.

The health protocols are the exact protocols our top experts have been using to reverse serious cases of dioxin damage, vaxx-related injuries, symptoms post-exposure to shedding, cancer, and other life-threatening diseases.

When it comes to your life, or a loved one or a friend - I know you will want to help.

These renowned medical doctors are also being censored.

Remember, the sooner you watch the 12 free episodes…

The sooner you can help save a life.

God gave us the wisdom to learn this vital information and share with you.

>>> Reserve your viewing now for the exciting health restorative docuseries of 2023 - New Hope
    https://newhopeseries.com/?a=606325e5debaf&b=f3e31eaf

To your health,
    Jonathan Otto "
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alecs (16th July 2023), avid (23rd March 2023), Bill Ryan (29th March 2023), Ewan (23rd March 2023), Franny (29th March 2023), Harmony (23rd March 2023), Johnnycomelately (29th March 2023), Patient (29th March 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (19th May 2023)

9. Link to Post #185
    Language
    English
    Thanks

FEDERAL DOT WHISTLEBLOWER EXPOSES DARK TRUTH ABOUT EAST PALESTINE | BLOWS DOORS OFF BUTTIGIEG LIES
    March 27, 2023
    https://forbiddenknowledgetv.net/fed...uttigieg-lies/

Benny Johnson
    799K subscribers
    78,292 views Mar 26, 2023
    "Last week we went to the Department of Transportation to film a man on the street video about the response to East Palestine - We did not expect what happened next..."

"Last week, Benny Johnson and his crew staged a fake water station in front of the Department of Transportation in Washington DC. They were handing out free water bottles from Whole Foods, saying they were tap water from East Palestine – the tap water that the Department of Transportation poisoned – and that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) said was “safe” and they were filming the people’s reactions.

The security guards had just pushed them away from the building, when a news story dropped directly into their lap. A Department of Transportation employee walked up to their table. He had a badge on.

He said he was a 25-year veteran of the Department of Transportation and he began to spill the crazy details about what’s going on at the DOT.

He told them about the open politicization and criminality inside of the Department under Pete Buttigieg. The Department of Transportation was cripplingly slow to respond to the tragedy in East Palestine. DOT employees are humiliated by this and they know why it happened.

The lack of urgency in East Palestine was purely political, based on the tragedy having occurred in a Red State and not a Blue State. Essentially, the Biden Administration viewed the toxic train derailment as less important because of how these people vote. Moreover, they learned the Department of Transportation allocates funding based purely on politics. If the state is Blue, it will get priority. Red states get ignored.

The Department of Transportation prioritizes servitude to union jobs over safety; holding back technology that might have prevented the train crash in East Palestine and lowering regulations to appease union paymasters.

The mission of the DOT has become hyper-politicized. It’s making career appointees very nervous. This hyper-politicization comes from the top. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg is not well-liked in the building, due to his absentee, weak, politically- ambitious leadership.

Under Buttigieg, morale is critically low inside of the Department of Transportation. It’s in chaos. It is an empty building with employees looking for the door.

Benny thinks Republicans should immediately begin to subpoena people from inside of the Department of Transportation, because clearly, they’re covering up something here and it’s very, very bad.

TRANSCRIPT

BENNY: Yo, what’s up, Guys it’s Benny. What happens when your practical joke actually ends up uncovering a massive bombshell news story?

Earlier this week, we staged a fake water station in front of the Department of Transportation in Washington DC. We gave out water bottles. These water bottles were from Whole Foods. The joke was that they were from East Palestine, the tap water that the Department of Transportation poisoned.

We wanted to see what people’s reaction would be to being offered East Palestine water. Now, as we were filming the reactions and the security guards were pushing us away from the building, a news story dropped directly into our lap and all it took was a bottle of water.

A Department of Transportation employee walked up to our table he had a badge on. He’s a 25-year veteran of the Department of Transportation and he began to spill incredible amounts of information about what the DOT was doing. He told us about how the Department of Transportation was allocating resources based on the politics of a state. Blue State versus Red State.

He talked to us about the bungling of the train incident and told us about open politicization and criminality inside of the Department under Pete Buttigieg. Moral people trapped in immoral systems eventually break. They have to shout the things that are going on. They have to tell someone. And this person decided to walk up to our table and tell us.

We pray that there will not be any retaliation to this employee and we’ve gone out of our way to hide this person’s identity. What you’re about to watch is a raw video from the streets of Washington DC out in front of the Department of Transportation – all inspired by a bottle of water poisoned in East Palestine.

CUT TO: EXTERIOR OF THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

BENNY: Free water from East Palestine! Sir! I saw that knowing glance!

WHISTLEBLOWER: Send it to Mayor Pete!

BENNY: I will! That’s why I’m right here! I know! They kicked me out!

WHISTLEBLOWER: They did?

BENNY: Yeah, they won’t let me stand in front of the building.

WHISTLEBLOWER: I’d like to see him drink it!

BENNY: That’s right, why isn’t he drinking it?

WHISTLEBLOWER: Did you know he has his own dining room?

BENNY: No way!

WHISTLEBLOWER: He don’t eat with the plebes! He doesn’t eat with the rest of us!

BENNY: Really? He has his own dining room?

WHISTLEBLOWER: He has his own dining room up there. We hardly see him. He shows up, like, if you have a party or something, then what they do is they come around and they want to make sure there’s enough people in the office that day so that he has people to greet. It’s all an elaborate production.

BENNY: Wow. Unbelievable.

WHISTLEBLOWER: This building’s three quarters empty.

BENNY: These Federal Government buildings are all empty. Yeah, oh that’s exactly right. Man, I’ve lived in DC for a long time and I’m aware. You walk through, it’s like a ghost town.

WHISTLEBLOWER: It’s embarrassing. I’m in Federal Railroad and nobody panicked [about the East Palestine train derailment]. There was no scramble. It’s like, “Dude why aren’t we taking this seriously?”

BENNY: Yo, I got to tell you, we went there, you know like right away and it was bad.

WHISTLEBLOWER: I’m sure it is.

BENNY: The eyes were stinging and the mouth was stinging and we were seeing these little kids. I’m like, Man, this sucks! And I don’t care where you come from politically, no kids should live like that. Even like conservatives, a lot of Republicans were like, “Where’s the Federal Government?”

WHISTLEBLOWER: I’m now on a project for handing out money. We’re supposed to be subjective or objective. They’ll step in, “Oh, we want this project,” because it’s a Blue State. So, no matter how bad it is, they appoint these leaders of each group and then they make sure the money will be directed. That’s how it works.

BENNY: That it goes to a Blue State, not a Red State?

WHISTLEBLOWER: Right.

BENNY: So, you think this was politically-motivated in East Palestine?

WHISTLEBLOWER: It was.

CUT BACK TO THE STUDIO:

BENNY: It was at this point that we couldn’t believe our ears. The Department of Transportation allocates money based on Red States or Blue States; that they straight-up decided not to help East Palestine because of their political affiliation? This was a county, of course, that voted for Trump by 70%, so this was politically-motivated! And you have that directly from inside of the building. This is shocking stuff but ladies and gentlemen, this Department of Transportation employee wasn’t done, yet. No, no, no. The worst is yet to come.

WHISTLEBLOWER: Right away, they’re quick to blame the railroad. The railroad did everything right.

BENNY: It’s the government that told them to blow it up!

WHISTLEBLOWER: I don’t know if you know this but years ago, they made a big fuss about trains carrying these chemicals that go through these urban areas. Now, they re-route them through all these little towns. A lot of people, the press doesn’t bring any of this up, but I was here 20 years. I know this. They made it a point to re-route these trains. So, all these little towns…they shaft these little towns. These trains go rolling through. And yet, they kill pipelines…

I’ll tell you this. So, you didn’t hear this from me, OK? Within in the office, they’re saying derailments are down 15% since COVID, but we know derailments are up. They’re trying to paint that picture, so as not to bring the harsh light. If you normalize it, there were less railroads running during COVID. But they’re just looking at the total. There were fewer freight trains running, because of supply issues. So they’re trying to say, “Derailments are down, don’t look at us!” But actually, we think derailments are up.

BENNY: They’re going off the COVID numbers.

WHISTLEBLOWER: Correct. If you normalize that, actually, the number per per mile is up.

BENNY: That’s crazy.

WHISTLEBLOWER: And then, Pete [Buttigieg] was saying, “Oh, look they didn’t have the brakes! Trump killed this break rule!” The brake rule would not have been applicable, here. Everybody has said that.

BENNY: So, it’s political. And now, they’re just trying to cover their asses. Wow.

WHISTLEBLOWER: NS [Norfolk Southern] complied with everything. That’s what I hear.

BENNY: What blows me away, as someone who’s not – I don’t consider myself particularly intelligent – is that these people, look at this, they say they’re environmentalists, right? But they ignore the one of the largest man-made environmental catastrophes.

WHISTLEBLOWER: And you know, you have the Alaska pipeline. I see pictures. Alaska looks beautiful. I don’t see a problem. Who killed that pipeline? But these trains are rolling through Middle America, carrying all kinds of sh*t. They just don’t care.

BENNY: Those people don’t have any political power. They don’t have any lobbyists.

WHISTLEBLOWER: Right. They’re the deplorables.

BENNY: That’s right. They don’t write press releases.

WHISTLEBLOWER: Here’s another one. So, twice weekly, the Regulation requires a human being to walk the tracks or ride a vehicle over the track and look for defects. That’s the Regulation. So the railroads, about three years ago said, “Hey, you know we can do that better with automatic inspection systems; computers on vehicles. They measure, they shoot laser beams. It’s a fact, they capture information that’s better. This administration put a hold on all that, because it takes away union jobs.

So now, it’s coming out that they wouldn’t have this derailment, maybe – if it had been track-caused – maybe, an automatic system would have found that, versus human eyes. Probably. That’s how they do everything. This administration is, uh, everything’s for the labor unions. I can’t make it up.

BENNY: Dude!

WHISTLEBLOWER: I can tell you this unofficially, but that’s how it is.

BENNY: Man! Listen, there there are people who still believe in the mission and it gets destroyed by the ambitions of bad people.

WHISTLEBLOWER: People are quitting left and right. People are leaving as soon as they can.

BENNY: Really? Wow. Wow.

WHISTLEBLOWER: And we don’t have a lot of money. I see that the government’s printed up a lot of money. We hand out money. It’s like, what are we doing? Why are we handing these people, these corporations money?

BENNY: I thought you were supposed to have an infrastructure bill or something, right? Trillion bucks.

WHISTLEBLOWER: All this money, it’s like, what are we doing? Why?

Well, good luck. If you’re standing out here…maybe it’ll send a message.

BENNY: A lot of people have been laughing at us. Some people have taken the bottles of water. I don’t think they get the joke.

WHISTLEBLOWER: Alright, Benny, nice to meet you!"
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th March 2023), BMJ (2nd April 2023), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Franny (29th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (29th March 2023), Patient (29th March 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (19th May 2023), Sunny (29th March 2023)

11. Link to Post #186
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 times in 310 posts

We Discovered Why Trains Keep Derailing

Love peace and joy to all!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gnostic9 For This Post:

BMJ (2nd April 2023), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), onawah (2nd April 2023), Orph (1st April 2023)

13. Link to Post #187
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Lawmakers Introduce Bipartisan Rail Safety Bill Hours After Another Derailment
    NTD News
    By Jeff Louderback
    March 31, 2023
    https://www.ntd.com/lawmakers-introd...m_medium=email

(Video at the link which I don't know how to embed.)

"Rep. Bill Johnson (R-Ohio), co-sponsor Rep. Emilia Sykes (D-Ohio), and other Ohio U.S. representatives introduced the Reducing Accidents in Locomotives (RAIL) Act at a March 30 press conference hours after a BNSF Railway train carrying ethanol derailed and caught fire in Raymond, Minnesota.

Residents near the crash site were evacuated. No injuries were reported, and the derailment’s cause is under investigation, BNSF reported.

“This is all timely,” Johnson said, noting the Minnesota derailment. “So what we’re talking about here today is very, very important.”
    The RAIL Act was announced in the aftermath of Norfolk Southern’s toxic train derailment on Feb. 3 in East Palestine, Ohio, a village of about 4,700 residents a mile from the Pennsylvania border.

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) reported that 11 of the 38 cars that derailed contained hazardous chemicals.

Residents in East Palestine and surrounding communities were given an evacuation order by Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine and Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro before officials executed a burn and release to reduce the chance of an explosion.

On Feb. 8, DeWine held a press conference in East Palestine, lifting the order and telling residents it was safe to return to their homes.

Since then, though state and federal agencies have said that testing shows the air and water are safe, many residents have reported headaches, nausea, burning eyes, rashes, and other ailments.

Piles of contaminated soil have accumulated around the derailment site.

‘Safety Is Crucial’
    The district Johnson represents includes East Palestine.

“Americans from every corner of the nation are understandably concerned about the safety and the accountability of our nation’s rail systems,” Johnson said.

“Safety is crucial, and there are several steps Congress can take right now to keep our communities safe and better prevent a disaster like this from ever occurring in another community.

“The RAIL Act makes important and pragmatic changes to the way our nation’s rail industry operates, ensuring that our families, friends, and neighbors are kept safe.”

Six Republicans and five Democrats from Ohio’s congressional delegation co-sponsored the legislation.

“Public safety transcends politics and district boundaries. And rail safety is not a partisan issue. It is a human issue,” Sykes said at the press conference.

Sykes added that the RAIL Act will give Americans “peace of mind” that trains “transporting hazardous materials or any other goods” will operate safely.

The bill will also hold rail corporations accountable, Sykes said.

The legislation would mandate new rail safety measures and charge financial penalties if railroads don’t meet the requirements.

Among other measures, the bill would direct the Federal Rail Administration to recommend operational changes based on the current NTSB investigation of the derailment.

The U.S. Transportation Department would be tasked with adding new rail car restrictions on length, weight, speed, and track standards, among other specifications.

The Secretary of Transportation would be required to introduce regulations regarding the detection of rail car defects on trains carrying hazardous materials.

Railroads would have to alert state emergency response authorities if their trains are carrying hazardous materials. The legislation would also mandate that rail carriers have two-person teams operating their trains.

Increased funding to train responders about how to handle hazardous materials is also included in the bill.

Ohio has one of the country’s largest railroad networks and ranks fourth in the nation for “serious train accident accidents and hazardous materials spills,” according to a statement from Johnson and Sykes when they announced the bill on March 17.

From 2019 through November 2022, 281 train accidents happened in Ohio, they said.

Multiple Bills Proposed
    The House’s RAIL Act follows the Senate-led Railway Safety Act of 2023, which was introduced by Sens. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio) and Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) on March 1.

That measure is aimed “to prevent future train disasters like the derailment that devastated East Palestine.”

Along with Vance and Brown, Sens. Bob Casey (D-Penn.), John Fetterman (D-Penn.), Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) also sponsored the legislation.

The bill takes steps to improve rail safety protocols, such as enhancing safety procedures for trains carrying hazardous materials, establishing requirements for wayside defect detectors, creating a permanent requirement for railroads to operate with at least two-person crews, and increasing fines for wrongdoing committed by rail carriers.

When the Railway Safety Act was introduced, Vance said: “Congress has a real opportunity to ensure that what happened in East Palestine will never happen again.

“We owe every American the peace of mind that their community is protected from a catastrophe of this kind.”

“I’m very glad to see that Congressman Johnson has such a strong, bipartisan group from the Ohio delegation behind [the RAIL Act],” Vance said in a statement. “This is a huge development for improving railway safety in this country.”

While Johnson and Sykes introduced their bill on March 30, three Democrats who co-sponsored the Railway Safety Act announced their own legislation to expand rail safety requirements.

Fetterman, Casey, and Brown debuted the Railway Accountability Act, which is Fetterman’s first piece of legislation since taking office in January. He continues to recover from a stroke he suffered last year and is expected to return to the Senate in mid-April after receiving treatment for clinical depression.

The bill is designed to build on overhauls included in the Railway Safety Act.

“Communities like Darlington Township and East Palestine are too often forgotten and overlooked by leaders in Washington and executives at big companies like Norfolk Southern who only care about making their millions,” Fetterman said in a statement.

As of March 30, the Railway Accountability Act didn’t have a Republican sponsor.

It’s backed by the Transport Workers of America, the National Conference of Firemen and Oilers, and the International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail, and Transportation Workers-Mechanical Division.

“This bill will implement commonsense safety reforms, hold the big railway companies accountable, protect the workers who make these trains run, and help prevent future catastrophes that endanger communities near railway infrastructure,” Fetterman said.

“Working Pennsylvanians have more than enough to think about already—they should never have been put in this horrible situation.” "

From The Epoch Times
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (2nd April 2023), BMJ (2nd April 2023), Ewan (2nd April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023)

15. Link to Post #188
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,132 times in 9,940 posts

https://twitter.com/mazzenilsson/sta...24859302289408

https://insiderpaper.com/train-derai...-pennsylvania/

Homes evacuated after train carrying hazardous materials derails in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania

Early Monday morning, a train carrying hazardous materials derailed outside of Philadelphia, leading to the evacuation of nearby homes. The train derailment incident took place in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, just before 5 a.m. A 40-car CSX Norfolk Southern freight train was involved, causing emergency crews to respond swiftly to the suburban area of Whitemarsh Township.

Approximately 15 to 20 of the derailed train cars were carrying hazardous materials, triggering a Level 2 hazmat response. In response to this potential danger, local officials decided to evacuate houses and businesses in the vicinity of the derailment as a precautionary measure.

Visual evidence of the derailment reveals multiple cars that have toppled off the tracks, with some appearing to be bent. Whitemarsh Township police stated on Facebook that precautionary evacuations were carried out for residents and businesses closest to the scene. They further stated that additional evacuations were unlikely, but the situation would continue to be assessed as more information became available.

Authorities from Norfolk Southern, CSX, and the Montgomery County Department of Public Safety’s Emergency Response Team were present at the site to manage the situation. As of now, there have been no reports of any injuries resulting from the incident.

Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro expressed his concern on Twitter and assured the public that he and his team were closely monitoring the train derailment in Whitemarsh Township. He commended the local first responders and urged residents to follow the instructions provided by the authorities to ensure their safety throughout the situation.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Ewan (18th July 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 10