+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most admired persons in my life...

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,487 times in 1,711 posts

Default Most admired persons in my life...

I learned most from three people I never met except through their books.

First was; Edger Cayce that I became aware of in 1979 when I took time to change my direction in life,
    after having worked from age 14 to 37.

I continued working while going back to school at night.
    I was inspired by Edgar but it's hard to say what I learned from the books written about him, except that he was very considerate of everyone especially those that were sick and needed help.

P.S. I learned about the importance of nutrition from the cures he gave to his patients. He was not a Doctor, but much much more.

Next was Nicola Tesla; It's hard to say what I learned from his life and the books written about his work which is enormous, but I was inspired by him also.
    Not that I did anything great ever.
    He was definitely different and a real genius.

The third is David Icke; Now I know that a lot of us here on PA have learned a lot from him.
    I believe that he is gifted in ways way beyond the normal and is a genius in his own right.

I think that there are people that are "given" a gift to use for the benefit of humanity.
    And some others who use their gift for selfish reasons.

I never intentionally did harm to anyone. That's something we can all aspire to.
    Last edited by East Sun; 28th February 2023 at 15:50.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

DeDukshyn (28th February 2023), drneglector (28th February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (28th February 2023), Franny (28th February 2023), Ioneo (28th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (28th February 2023), Kryztian (28th February 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th February 2023), Miller (27th February 2023), onevoice (2nd March 2023), Vangelo (28th February 2023), wondering (28th February 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Most admired persons in my life...

Yeah that's a great list, to be sure.

Keep up thre growth efforts East Sun - I can tell by your posts here this is something you aspire to. always question, always seek, always grow.

As a great teacher once taught --- "seek and Ye Shall Find". This has been so true for me - you always find what you seek - so always keep your aspirations high, and you will always find greatness.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 28th February 2023 at 05:30.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

East Sun (28th February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (28th February 2023), Franny (28th February 2023), Johnnycomelately (28th February 2023), Mari (28th February 2023), Miller (28th February 2023), Vangelo (1st March 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,590 times in 983 posts

Default Re: Most admired persons in my life...

One of them was my high school wood-shop teacher, who was also our hockey coach in my last couple seasons there.

Didn’t have a teaching degree, and was proud of that. Gave us so many life truths through his stories and admonitions.

“Hit the iron when it’s hot”.

“Canadians gained such a good reputation in WWI, because we we (they) could crawl on our belly like a snake”.

...man, this is stretching my memory...

“Parking lot boys”, referring to our/my classmates who smoked weed.....

“My wife would take the kids and run, if I screwed up”.

~“My dad would calm a rebellious horse, keep it from kicking when he came up behind it in it’s stall, by grabbing it’s tail up at the root and giving a (warning) squeeze” ... same squeeze as the unruly big dog got on it’s head when it dared challenge him....strong hands.

“Lay the ladder down, before it gets blown down”.

“As much as I can get” — when once asked what rate he expected to be paid, when hiring onto a construction job.

All of his advice was better than what one of my other fav teachers gave, in hindsight, like “If you’re the best in the world, you can do whatever you want”. Oof — that bore bitter fruit lol.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

East Sun (28th February 2023), Ernie Nemeth (28th February 2023), Mari (28th February 2023), Miller (28th February 2023), Vangelo (1st March 2023)

+ Reply to Thread