+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What’s in your emergency bug out bag?

1. Link to Post #41
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

Default Re: What’s in your emergency bug out bag?

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)
    Out of curiosity, I know a good medical kit affords their owner some damage repair, such as kits that can provide you to give stitches...And splints and such.. My question is this..

What would be the bet MEDICATIONS to carry with you,

antibiotics, pain relievers, anti viral, anti bacterial, etc... Illness and injuries mostly happen when people leave their comfort zone, from cuts and scrapes, to more serious infections such as viral or bacterial infections, both inn and outside the body.

While I have a healthy survival kit, I do not know which types of medications would be the best for all around uses?
    super glue has been used with some success with closing wounds in absence of stitches

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd March 2023), Denise/Dizi (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Harmony (3rd March 2023), Jambo (3rd March 2023), Miller (3rd March 2023), Nasu (3rd March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), RunningDeer (3rd March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023), Tigger (10th March 2023)

3. Link to Post #42
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,776 times in 4,344 posts

I was just wondering - for contrast here - if anyone else was looking upon this thread with a burgeoning sense of...anxiety(?), knowing you have no bug out bag, no place to bug out anyway, no room at home for survival gear or extra food, and the 'emergency supplies' in your car extend no further than that box of tissues in the glove box and a small LED torch. That all describes me. And I don't have the first clue *whatsoever* about doing a single thing about it.

Anxious? Yes, a little. If society broke down or infrastructure collapsed then I'm probably toast. But so will millions of others in the UK. There's really next to no prepper culture here, and guns just do not exist. The question, what guns do you have? to my ears is entirely alien. In my whole life I think I've only ever seen a real gun once or twice, and that's on armed units at the airport (post 9/11).

I don't like to imagine what it will be like here if things went sideways - so maybe I'm hiding from it. I don't really have much choice. My parents are elderly now, mid-80s, and they depend on me a great deal. It would be impossible for them to just 'up and bug out' at their age. I think the same must go for nearly all folks over a certain age. Where would they go?!! There is nowhere to go. Thus by extension there's nowhere for me to go either, for I will not abandon them.

For good or for worse I'm stuck where I am and with what I've got.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd March 2023), bobme (3rd March 2023), Denise/Dizi (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2023), Harmony (3rd March 2023), Jaak (3rd March 2023), Jambo (3rd March 2023), Matthew (3rd March 2023), Merkaba360 (9th March 2023), Miller (3rd March 2023), Nasu (3rd March 2023), Orph (3rd March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), Ravenlocke (8th March 2023), RunningDeer (3rd March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023), Tigger (10th March 2023)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,003 times in 2,649 posts

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)
    I was just wondering - for contrast here - if anyone else was looking upon this thread with a burgeoning sense of...anxiety(?), knowing you have no bug out bag, no place to bug out anyway, no room at home for survival gear or extra food, and the 'emergency supplies' in your car extend no further than that box of tissues in the glove box and a small LED torch. That all describes me. And I don't have the first clue *whatsoever* about doing a single thing about it.

Anxious? Yes, a little. If society broke down or infrastructure collapsed then I'm probably toast. But so will millions of others in the UK. There's really next to no prepper culture here, and guns just do not exist. The question, what guns do you have? to my ears is entirely alien. In my whole life I think I've only ever seen a real gun once or twice, and that's on armed units at the airport (post 9/11).

I don't like to imagine what it will be like here if things went sideways - so maybe I'm hiding from it. I don't really have much choice. My parents are elderly now, mid-80s, and they depend on me a great deal. It would be impossible for them to just 'up and bug out' at their age. I think the same must go for nearly all folks over a certain age. Where would they go?!! There is nowhere to go. Thus by extension there's nowhere for me to go either, for I will not abandon them.

Mark, I am sure many have thought that as well, and that is so intuitive of you to have brought to light your thoughts, because they are very important. I think you need to prepare for whatever circumstance you find yourself in, it may not be ideal and you will need an inner trust that all will be well.

In other dire situations I have chosen to stay put and not abandon others or animals and somehow it turned out ok. I think that can be the highest love that you can enter and no matter what happens it will be ok wherever you end up, even if you have lost your "material" body.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Harmony For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd March 2023), Denise/Dizi (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Jambo (3rd March 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd March 2023), Matthew (3rd March 2023), Miller (3rd March 2023), Nasu (3rd March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), Ravenlocke (8th March 2023), RunningDeer (3rd March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023), Tigger (10th March 2023)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,320 times in 4,085 posts

That is a fair point. There's bits and bobs that are possible but we could drill down to the bear essentials. My contribution to the thread has been how to have the most luxurious bug out equipment, but this is neither needed or even useful.

I'm working from three or so vague scenarios that trouble me. I don't know how realistic these are:

1) Home electricity and water stops
    2) I need to flee to the forest and survive (?)five nights
    3) I'm caught in my car unable to get home during prophetic three days of darkness
    4) Money becomes worthless, unless you use digital ID, but I still have my home for the foreseeable future

I can imagine tons of horrible scenarios and I have been doing so for the last several years. But the bear minimum to survive a night:
    - warmth
    - water

The only thing that abates the anxiety for me is investing my time and or money towards tasks and goals. Putting a blanket in the car is a task towards a goal, I feel a little better. Putting unopened bottles of water in the car again, same deal. I catch myself going too mad though, and constantly stop myself buying rubbish that would make me feel better for the afternoon. I mean, how much control don't we have? Grant me the grace to accept the things I can't change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to not buy endless rubbish that I think will make a difference.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd March 2023), Denise/Dizi (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Harmony (3rd March 2023), I am B (7th March 2023), Jambo (3rd March 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd March 2023), Miller (3rd March 2023), Nasu (3rd March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), Ravenlocke (8th March 2023), RunningDeer (3rd March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023), Tigger (10th March 2023)

9. Link to Post #45
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,467 times in 572 posts

The problem with 'worst case scenarios' is that the absolute worst does not usually happen. This should be an aid to the anxious mind. If you think over your life [many of us for some decades] what we think the worst is, just does not generally happen. What are the chances of your locale to become 'war-torn' [figuratively or literally]. Probably pretty slim.

When I was more rooted and secure I was better prepared than I am now. Currently, I am in a situation with little control. But the place I am in is highly unlikely to unravel into 'survival mode'.

There is an aspect of fear that may drive some of your decisions. I think there to be a balance of fear and preparedness. Skills insofar as self-sufficiency will be a very useful way to manage yourself, others, and time. If many people are thinking and acting on bugging out, those that remain may indeed find themselves in a good position to help others whom cannot leave.

When they say moderation is ideal, it really seems so; no matter the circumstances.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd March 2023), Denise/Dizi (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Harmony (3rd March 2023), Jambo (3rd March 2023), Matthew (3rd March 2023), Miller (3rd March 2023), Nasu (3rd March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), RunningDeer (3rd March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023)

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by JackMcThorn (here)
    The problem with 'worst case scenarios' is that the absolute worst does not usually happen. This should be an aid to the anxious mind. If you think over your life [many of us for some decades] what we think the worst is, just does not generally happen. What are the chances of your locale to become 'war-torn' [figuratively or literally]. Probably pretty slim.
    Perhaps but I believe prophesy, and if it never happens then I'm also ok. But I didn't get to be a truther by thinking 'It probably won't happen'. I can see you make a brilliant point about skills though; I look in envy at some of my blue-pilled friends who are skilled up at gardening, woodwork, metal identification, sewing, knitting and a whole host of premium skills that will last ten times longer than the best dried ration I can find

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd March 2023), Denise/Dizi (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Harmony (3rd March 2023), JackMcThorn (3rd March 2023), Jambo (3rd March 2023), Merkaba360 (10th March 2023), Miller (3rd March 2023), Nasu (3rd March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

No bug out bag. It’s unrealistic for me to join the bumper to bumper traffic on their way to nowhere and out of gas. And I lost count of how many batteries, can goods, medicines have past their sell-by-date.

I chose to not buy into all the non-stop brouhaha. Fear lowers frequency. The higher the frequency the greater the possibility for soul/consciousness to explore new ways or new part of consciousness.

My engagement in the fear created world is minimal. I do not permit anyone to usurp my hard earned creativity of thought and deeds. That is one of my contributions towards humanity moving in a co-creative direction.

I had a wake up call on “power of a few over the many”. I jumped through hoops for my licensed to carry a concealed weapon. It’s required in my state. I got it, but I chose not to renew it.

For the conceal carry, I had to travel to different places and wait in a line which was sometimes outside. The unpredictable winters in New England added another layer of craziness. It was on their time schedule that moved at a snail’s pace and where they hit up your wallet every step of the way. The hours and days were limited. If you missed a step because of bad weather you had to begin the process all over again. One example was I had to go back a second time to be fingerprinted because they weren’t clear enough. Which meant another delay because you have to wait up to a month for the results.

I’m with those that stand in sovereignty and integrity. We are powerful beings. And it’s time to take advantage of the current expansive period.

Disclaimer: I'm a work in progress. ♡
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 6th March 2023 at 02:58.

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alecs (5th March 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd March 2023), Denise/Dizi (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Harmony (4th March 2023), Jaak (4th March 2023), Jambo (3rd March 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd March 2023), Matthew (3rd March 2023), Merkaba360 (10th March 2023), Miller (3rd March 2023), Nasu (3rd March 2023), Orph (3rd March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), Ravenlocke (8th March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023)

15. Link to Post #48
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,734 times in 1,428 posts

I'm one of the millions who's with you Mark. 👍 If the shtf the first thing to go will be communication and everyone I know is spread far and wide and no doubt will be busy doing their own thing (every man for himself). My biggest concern would be for our beloved pets tbh and keeping them safe. But I do have a lot of resources here at home, and a good supply of food at the moment which I would share with anyone in need of it. Couldn't imagine killing anyone over it or making weapons (for some reason I remember my dad telling me that a large stone in the end of a sock makes a great makeshift weapon, but then he meant his knee length, not my ankle socks ).

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd March 2023), Denise/Dizi (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Harmony (4th March 2023), Jambo (3rd March 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th March 2023), Matthew (3rd March 2023), Nasu (3rd March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), RunningDeer (3rd March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

I do not think anyone is stuck. Perhaps this may seem like a silly statement, given your situation, but there are times we all feel helpless inn our own situations...For example, I am sure a large percentage of even Avalon members feel helpless when it comes to rooting out corruption even at the local levels of our own governments, much less at a larger level, considering they have all militaries at their disposal.

You are a mere few clicks away from joining others who DO have some reserves, things stored away, and resources. What good is a stockpile of weapons if there is only one person to fire them? Or enough supplies for a small clan, when they are single? I have several bug out bags... All focusing on certain areas. We have freezers full of food we rotate, and friends who do similar things. Our particular circle is small yet we have a vast array or resources as a result of our efforts. From boats to planes, to four wheel drives, and all terrain vehicles. We have food, guns, ammo, and information. And while I am sure some of those resources would be eliminated immediately after a SHTF scenerio, having a network helps..

The easiest way to find like minded individuals is to go to the places that sell the type things that you desire, or groups, and ask... Where does one find like minded individuals? In that way you will meet other of like mind, possibly with more resources...

Yesterday, after having been without power for days, we had a friend randomly drive by on his CAT tractor, and plow out the front of our home... As it was the neighbors were leaving by the truckload due to the weather as we were eating smoked meats, and watching television as we have a generator. It CAN happen... But it does take time...

Just don't lose hope..

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Harmony (4th March 2023), JackMcThorn (4th March 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th March 2023), Miller (8th March 2023), Nasu (6th March 2023), palehorse (4th March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), RunningDeer (4th March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023)

19. Link to Post #50
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: What’s in your emergency bug out bag?

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)

Perhaps but I believe prophesy, and if it never happens then I'm also ok. But I didn't get to be a truther by thinking 'It probably won't happen'. I can see you make a brilliant point about skills though; I look in envy at some of my blue-pilled friends who are skilled up at gardening, woodwork, metal identification, sewing, knitting and a whole host of premium skills that will last ten times longer than the best dried ration I can find
    When and if the need arises you'll find you're able to turn your hand to most of the skills you've listed Matthew. It's surprising how many transferable skills we all have and how quickly all those survival tips come to mind when needed. I know this without a shadow of a doubt, having read so many of your posts

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Harmony (4th March 2023), I am B (7th March 2023), Jambo (17th April 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th March 2023), Matthew (4th March 2023), Nasu (6th March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), RunningDeer (4th March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023)

21. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Miller (here)

When and if the need arises you'll find you're able to turn your hand to most of the skills you've listed Matthew. ...
    Thanks! it must be the same for other urbanites too, that is if the old ways appeal to them. The production chain to get from sheep to jumper is intimidating compared to store shopping. ChatGPT threatens my type of work in ways we can only sense right now, old ways of engineering feels more resistant to that threat, like regressing to beat it, rather than try to beat it at its own game. But what a strange and ridiculously complicated way of working we've evolved to? We could have stopped evolving in 2006 and things would have been fine.

Really what I'd like is to run a junkyard, then I get to look through other people's junk for free ...no, get paid for it. I don't look in other people's skips because it's especially rude, so I never do. But then it hurts when I pass them.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Harmony (4th March 2023), Jambo (17th April 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th March 2023), Miller (4th March 2023), Nasu (6th March 2023), palehorse (4th March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), RunningDeer (4th March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,586 times in 1,594 posts

Quote Posted by Jaak (here)
    I guess im too depressed to have any survival kit or an survival plan. My work got shut down for a year when scamdemic started so ive been in poverty and in survival mode ever since lol .
    Running and hiding in the woods from NWO might seem like a decent plan but in the long term what will be achieved with this ? Bad guys will win and will get their NWO and in your next lifetime you will be born into it. Every fifth person already gets born into CCP China and one can imagine how complicated it can be to spiritually grow in the right direction in a place like that . But when the whole planet is gonna turned into something similar ... It will be spiritual hell where materialism and selfishness rule over everything .
    In this lifetime we have a chance to stop it . If we dont our next lifetimes might be quite hell-ish .
    It should be the NWO-terrorists like billy gates and Clown Schwab who are makeing plans to hide in the bushes from an angry mob ,not us .

Why are you so sure about it? Don't take me wrong, but civilization rises and fall pretty much all the time, the fall comes when evil "gain control", it is very short moment to their pleasure, take the so many empires as an example..
    We don't have to go along with evil and play their little games, that's exactly why some of us decided to live in the outdoors, in small communities, with like minded people, having a more meaningful like close to nature and far from the great development of civilization which will always cut on both side of evil and good.

I don't think if you live a meaningful life you will be born into samsara or whatever people call these loop of life. That's just my point of view and it won't prove anything to anyone, but I can feel I am better person when I do things that mean something to someone or for myself instead of turn on the automatic biological machine and keep going with all the madness.

It is always our choices not theirs. The controllers can pretty much suck it up, hunt me down if dislike it.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th March 2023), Harmony (4th March 2023), I am B (7th March 2023), Jaak (4th March 2023), Jambo (17th April 2023), Miller (4th March 2023), Nasu (6th March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), RunningDeer (4th March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023), Strat (4th March 2023)

25. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,586 times in 1,594 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    gold, silver or anything that can be an alternative currency
    • Cash is probably best. Small denomination paper notes, lots of them (depending on your circumstances!), most of them sealed in plastic and well-hidden in your bag. Paying someone $10/£10 for a loaf of bread is good value if you're very hungry and have the money.
    • Passport (also wrapped in plastic), if there's any chance you might cross a border to a neighboring country.
    • Personal defense (depending on your ethics/values, and what country you're in). Doesn't have to be a knife or gun: pepper spray or a self-protection laser can be very effective, and just having that as a fall-back measure bolsters confidence in a Max Max situation.
    • If you have rechargeable batteries (recommended!), a small lightweight solar AA/AAA battery charger might keep your flashlight, radio or GPS working for as long as you ever need. (Solar phone chargers are also readily available.)
    • A tiny military can-opener (weights half an ounce),

Just trying to follow the same "rationale" of John and Bill regarding money, I am always talking to people that are involved with crypto currency and I had this discussion a few times about what would be the ideal move in a SHTF situation in our local area or even in our country, would bitcoin or any other crypto prevail over gold/silver or fiat ?

of course the answers was always the expected ones, for those involved in crypto would stick to their bitcoins and those who are not into crypto would not even think getting into it.. then cash/barter/gold/silver would be king. There is no common sense agreement in between these 2 groups and I think there will never be, one person leaded me to this article about offline bitcoin transactions

https://hackernoon.com/completely-of...s-4e58324637bd

but really, after reading the entire thing I came to the conclusion, it is not for everyone, even though they claim it could be a new era of bitcoin adoption. Also the co-founder of Dollar Vigilante is pushing hard the bitcoin adoption, he gave a talk at the last Anarcapulco in Mexico about chapGPT and bitcoin adoption, he was saying something about fighting AI while adopting bitcoin, but to be frank, that talk was too much for my brain. To avoid going further into off-topic I will stop here.. the talk is available at dolarvigilante website if anyone is interested.

The question would be, how many Avalonians would hold some crypto for emergency (for spending not as investment)?

For me no crypto at all at this moment, but I may get into Monero or something just to have it in an offline wallet just in case someone somewhere would accept it in exchange of something that i want. who knows.

Here is a nice movie called "Survival Family" from 2016
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5890000/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"After a sudden worldwide power cut, a Tokyo family are caught up in the chaos as millions traverse the country in search of electricity."
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Jambo (13th May 2023), Miller (8th March 2023), Nasu (6th March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023)

27. Link to Post #54
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    It is always our choices not theirs.
    It sure is

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Jambo (13th May 2023), Nasu (6th March 2023), palehorse (5th March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), RunningDeer (4th March 2023), Sérénité (7th March 2023)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 times in 341 posts

Welp, after a bunch of youtube videos I slowly built my prepping stuff over time. I'm no guru or anything, just did my thing with the public knowledge and little bits of situations here and there where I could apply/use some of the gear configuration cited on this following post.

I'm gonna lay it down as a way of having my overall prepping setup down "on paper", having some feedback from you fellas, and maybe helping some too ^^

For context, I'll say I live on the area surounding Barcelona. Halfway on an urban enviroment, halfway on a natural park, and 10 minutes from the sea by car. The temperatures here can be deadly hot in summer, and deadly cold in winter too, but I will rarely be more than a day or two hike from home. I'm proficient with mechanics (I prety much rebuilt my own car) and fishing.

I've layered my prepping/bugout according to possible scenarios, but always keeping a baseline. Sort of how the military gear-lines work, but in a survival mindset.

My priorities usually go as: medical aid, temperature, movement, water, food, security.

Also, I've tried to pack everything in the most compact way possible, in order for it not to interfere with the everyday life (or do it as little as possible), where it is, fortunately so far, way less necessary.

Let's start:

I carry 24/7, wherever I go, a pouch on me with some essentials to cover the most basic needs.

-Thermal blanket
    -Knife
    -Zippo lighter, fire rod, and magnifying glass card to start fire
    -Tea candle
    -Small compact medkit
    -Expired condoms (yes im serious)
    -Some toilet paper (for the REAL emergency)
    -Couple of purifying tablets
    -Multitool
    -whistle
    -Sillock Key (important)
    -Flashlight (uses 1 AAA battery)
    -4 AAA Batteries
    -Perfumed Vaseline
    -Compass
    -Marker
    -Tightly packed 100L trashbag (works for carrying stuff and to make an improvised poncho)
    -2 little sugar bags
    -Mirror
    -Contact lenses
    -Cash
    -Rubber bands
    -peppermint candies (they keep you awake)
    -Plastic sheet to open building main doors

Its a ~20x30x10cm waterproof pouch with two shoulderstraps. Which would be the first line of gear.

On my wallet I carry an extra flashlight, a magnifying glass lense, lockpick set, and a knife. (and its not a big one at all)

In case something happened, my first priority would be to get to immediate safety, find water, food and warm clothes in case I'm REALLY lacking them, and just get home or to my car. Of course I'd probably have tremendous trouble surviving permanently with this, but it works as a first-reaction, get-home/car kit, and It should give a good bunch of time in case of a perpetual survival scenario where I only have that.

Once home, I have different elements depending on the situation. The basic one would be the bug-out bag, and then there would be complimentary stuff to pick up, throw in the car, or just use at home if necessary.

The bug out bag is a bigger version of the everyday-pouch, with more advanced elements and extra items for more of a perpetual survival situation rather than staying alive for a while.

Abandoning my house is a last resource, but in such a situation this is the first thing I would pick up. And I use it for camping too!

And there goes the bug out bag item list:
    -hammock
    -paracord
    -thick plastic poncho that can be used as tarp
    -iron floor hooks for tents
    -shemagh
    -working gloves
    -knife with saw
    -Backup folding knife
    -extended firekit (tea candles, rod, matches, jet lighter, firestarting tablets,aluminium paper...)
    -backup waterproofed firekit (candle and lighter)
    -medkit (with trauma kit)
    -a bit of activated charcoal
    -emergency blanket
    -water filter (lifestraw)
    -camping water bottle
    -shirt socks and undies
    -headlamp (AAA)
    -AAA Batteries
    -cranking (no batteries) flashlight
    -sillock key
    -compass
    -map
    -cooking kit w/
    Pan and pot
    salt, pepper, oil
    beef and chicken solid soup
    chewing gum
    peppermint candies
    powder cocoa
    tang (water flavoring & cancer inducing)
    4 protein bars
    -vitamin tablets (vitamin C + zinc)
    -fishing supplies (weights, hooks and 400m line roll)
    -Multitool
    -soap bar
    -1inch perfume tester bottle (boosts morale and makes you feel fresco)
    -wet wipes
    -toilet paper
    -toothbrush head
    -tweezers
    -collapsible hairbrush with mirror
    -perfumed vaseline
    -ultra small lip-balm and skin cream
    -dry soap

The pack is stored next to a warm jacket, military boots, and handgun, in case they were to be taken, and an extra small belt bag with a baofeng uv5, a 10€ old-people fm radio, and a bunch of batteries.

You may have noticed I don't carry almost any food other than the protein bars. (lasting barely a couple of days) This backpack has an unfoldable addition that gives extra capacity over it. This allows to throw in any food or valuable stuff on the go (and have easy access to it), but, as mentioned before, the main purpose of this pack is to get in a situation where I'm able to obtain my own food and water.
    It is not a big pack, and it allows me to hike or drive my bycicle without trouble.

I feel it is important to note, that the bug out bag is the most relevant asset, since it should contain everything to help you stay alive in whatever situation, but at the same time, it should be the LAST resource, since staying home is usually the best strategy. (unless a bunch of situations we can all think about)

On the other hand, before I may get to the bug out bag I usually keep at home, if I'm outside, I'd probably get to the car first.

Once in my car, I have a crate with some more specific stuff. Its objective is to keep me alive and dandy longer, and keep the car moving, hopefully back home or to safety.

The car pack has:
    -Slings & Rope
    -Wheel plates (for unstucking it)
    -Snowy road wheel coverings
    -Tire repair kits and tire puncture foam spray
    -Crowbar
    -Saw
    -Bottle of Cooling liquid
    -Bottle of oil
    -Bottle of brake fluid
    -Engine cement
    -A bit of metal wire
    -Thick elerctric wire (works as jumpcables, more unconfortable to use, but way less bulky without the clamps and can be used for fixing stuff)
    -zipties
    -metal tube ties
    -Really basic extra tools (A long flat screwdriver, and pliers)
    -Collapsible fuel transport bag
    -Collapsible water bag
    -Handcranked fuel pump (that broke last week, and now I'm looking for a better one)
    -Plastic tarp
    -Wool Blanket
    -Hoodie & Thermal shirt
    -Shirt, undies and socks
    -Beanie
    -Working gloves
    -Cheap sport shoes
    -3 or 4 100L. trashbags
    -Maps of iberian peninsula and France
    -Compass (again)
    -Paper, pen, marker
    -Magnetic lamp that uses AAA batteries
    -A BIG pack of AAA batteries
    -Tape
    -a couple of red pieces of cloth, for marking oneself
    -Small firestarting kit
    -Complimentary medkit
    -1 or 2 couples of menstruation pads
    -Expired condoms
    -extra contact lenses
    -4/5 Tea candles
    -Energy bars
    -8h Caffeine boost
    -3 Small cans of monster energy
    -Cookies
    -Water bottles
    -Toilet paper roll
    -Fork-knife-spoon
    -A bag of bags I use for groceries

This all (except the plates) fits into a ~70x 50x50 plastic crate. I also carry a small 2 wheeled collapsible cart in case I have to abandon the vehicle and take the crate with me if possible. (or just go shopping, some things are just heavy sometimes...) This would be a mix of second/third line, for I may not have the bug out bag on me when needed, but also contains specific car stuff. In any way, my priority, unless strictly impossible, would be to get back home.

Finally, as third lines, at home, I have different "packs" to be used mainly at home, but also on the run, given that you're using a vehicle to move, since they are too big to carry on oneself while hiking or cycling. They are organised depending on their purpose, and only serve as a complement/extension to the previous ones. One ideally would not idependently rely on them. In case they were all taken on a single bug out run in a car, I believe they would provide as much as one could hope for.

Security, hunting, and protection from the elements pack:
    -cal 5.5" Handcranked airgun
    -plenty of hunting pellets
    -fishing set expansion (small rod, extra hooks, etc)
    -collapsible bow
    -arrows
    -Binoculars
    - set of thick camo clothes
    -2 sets of thermal clothes
    -Full camo Waterproof outfit
    - 3 or 4 Magnetic tripwire alarms
    -Extra green tarp
    -extra rope
    -Axe
    -Saw
    -Gas mask (to be worked on)
    -Flare gun

Food water & Fire pack:
    -Big bunch of non perishable food and some bottled water.
    -seeds of different things to be planted all around the year
    -10L water jug
    -Firestarting Tablets
    -3 Lighters
    -Lighter refill
    -Lighter flints
    -Candles
    -Fire rod
    -Magnifying lense

Wellbeing pack:
    -Medkit expansion (more bandages, meds, alcohol, oxigenated water, iodine, creams, etc)
    -Expanded Hygiene (a lot of soap & soap bars, toothbrushes, deodorant and a handful of other cosmetics)
    -Earplugs
    -Contact lenses box
    -Collapsible shower bag
    -Beach towel
    -wet wipes
    -toilet paper
    -Hairbrush
    -Smell candles
    -Pads

Energy pack:
    -450w solar panel (to be tied on top of the car)
    -x2 car batteries
    -2000w inverter
    -22000mah power bank
    -phone charger
    -solar lamp with movement detection activation
    -handheld radio charger
    -AAA Rechargable battery packs + charging dock
    (i use AAA batteries for all my stuff, so this gives me preety much unlimited energy for any small appliances and lights)

Hustling pack: (with the purpose of commerce and exchange. None of the below are meant to be used by oneself unless strictly necessary)
    -1kg bucket of cheap rolling tobacco
    -smoking paper and filters
    -zip bags for packing the tobacco
    -a couple of Small alcohol bottles ~20cL
    -soap bars
    -candles
    -lighters
    -lighter refill fluid

My good ol' Toolbox:
    Suited to refloat the titanic!

Only the hunting & security one is packed on a bagpack, that (although uncomfy) could be taken with the bug out bag while driving my motorbike or on a short distance hike. The rest are exclusively to be taken in a vehicle.

There is plenty (probably too much) redundancy, but the idea is to have the basic needs always covered, and be able to make a permanent stay wherever and however necessary, hopefully at home, but always ready to be packed and leave.

I feel important to mention that I mostly got these things through super-sales occasions, and slowly over time (started right before COVID started, smh the spirits warned me). I never went out spending the big buck on ANY of my prepping stuff. Just keeping an eye on useful stuff that can be aquired for little or no money, while keeping an eye on not hoarding too. Aquiring most of the things should be, in a way, thought as literally throwing the money away, because there is little to no chance to use much of the gear on a normal daily basis, specially if we're talking about diehard prepping gear. Sometimes the smallest home things can be the most useful in a prepping situation. A small handheld barbecue could be both a regular friend reunion trigger, or a life saving device to cook, warm yourself or even purify water, and a simple extra bag of rice could keep you fed for a few days.

I think there is no need to spend too much of an extra money on prepping (to each in their capabilities), but there is also no excuse to not slowly build up some, essentially, freedom to not depend on whatever.

I'm really glad if some (or any) of you made it that far onto this post. Thank you! And please do criticise it as much as you can! I'm always looking to slowly improve on it.

I'm looking forward to slowly expand it on the fancier side now:
    -I found a small old fire extinguisher, but It lost pressure and I have to figure out how to refill and mantain it.
    -Fixing my laptop and going through an old SDR device I have for listening to comms all over the spectrum.
    -Getting a long distance drone with camera. (thats just a big treat, okay)
    -Getting a geiger counter and radiation suitable filters. But its really expensive and not usable regularly.
    -Getting a long distance ham radio. (I've seen there is some NEAT documentation in this forum)

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to I am B For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th March 2023), elseboya (8th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2023), Jambo (14th March 2023), Matthew (8th March 2023), Miller (8th March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), RunningDeer (8th March 2023)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 102,670 times in 9,997 posts

No bug out bag. It’s unrealistic for me to join the bumper to bumper traffic on their way to nowhere and out of gas. And I lost count of how many batteries, can goods, medicines have past their sell-by-date.

I chose to not buy into all the non-stop brouhaha. Fear lowers frequency. The higher the frequency the greater the possibility for soul/consciousness to explore new ways or new part of consciousness.

My engagement in the fear created world is minimal. I do not permit anyone to usurp my hard earned creativity of thought and deeds. That is one of my contributions towards humanity moving in a co-creative direction”

Thank you Running Deer, ditto for me as well what you said above.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ravenlocke For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2023), Ernie Nemeth (8th March 2023), Jambo (13th May 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th March 2023), Matthew (9th March 2023), Michi (14th May 2023), Miller (8th March 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), RunningDeer (8th March 2023)

33. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,503 times in 420 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)

My engagement in the fear created world is minimal. I do not permit anyone to usurp my hard earned creativity of thought and deeds. That is one of my contributions towards humanity moving in a co-creative direction.

I had a wake up call on “power of a few over the many”. I jumped through hoops for my licensed to carry a concealed weapon. It’s required in my state. I got it, but I chose not to renew it.

For the conceal carry, I had to travel to different places and wait in a line which was sometimes outside. The unpredictable winters in New England added another layer of craziness. It was on their time schedule that moved at a snail’s pace and where they hit up your wallet every step of the way. The hours and days were limited. If you missed a step because of bad weather you had to begin the process all over again. One example was I had to go back a second time to be fingerprinted because they weren’t clear enough. Which meant another delay because you have to wait up to a month for the results.

I’m with those that stand in sovereignty and integrity. We are powerful beings. And it’s time to take advantage of the current expansive period.

Disclaimer: I'm a work in progress. ♡
    I think we all understand this view.

I think we can stock up and still not be in fear. It can be done out of love - think how happy those around us would be if we share our wealth of supplies if things get rough. Its actually a good investment if done right. You save money buying a stock of goods now that just cost more next year. Things like toilet paper dont have the expiration date problem.

For expiring goods like batteries, just be sure to keep using the oldest batteries first just like stores do with inventory. Just buy to a degree that there is no waste if the Poo does not hit the fan. lol

It doesn't have to be super elaborate and costly. Even just the basics would be so much better than nothing in bad circumstances.

Also, its not necessarily going to happen so fast that there are traffic jams out of town. It could very well be obvious to us before the normies figure it out. We might be able to head out of town for days or weeks prior as a holiday, because we can see it unfolding.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Merkaba360 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th March 2023), I am B (11th March 2023), Jambo (14th March 2023), Miller (13th May 2023), Pam (13th May 2023), RunningDeer (10th March 2023)

35. Link to Post #58
    Great Britain Avalon Member Jambo's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,574 times in 165 posts

*Bump* *Bump*

I understand the sentiment of many here, that 'What will be, will be', and perhaps why even bother with a B.O.G.

Ultimately we all live in different circumstances, and even if I agree with such reasoning... if push comes to shove... I'd still want a basic rucksack to grab for making a move.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jambo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th May 2023), Miller (13th May 2023), Pam (13th May 2023)

37. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

I did a bunch of the prepper stuff. I have enough food to last a long, long time. Water purification ect. I am poor in organizational skills so I am fortunate enough to have a very large room that I don't use and it is all in there.

Now, I have undergone the same transition that Paula so eloquently spoke of. I realize that even though I live in the country, most likely most if not all of the stuff I have will be stolen if people are hungry. I have accepted that.

I have found the most peace in accepting that all my fiat currency could go, my house could be taken from me, my cars stolen and the list goes on. The one thing I am working on is wanting to have some control, if I am killed. I don't want to suffer a long drawn out death. I would like to let go of that as well.

It is possible to find peace with this. A huge benefit is that it has helped me immensely to find absolute joy in the tiniest of things. I know that is sounds silly, we are all going to die, but the current situation creates more of, I may very likely have much less "time" here than I thought. Sort of like getting a diagnoses of a disease, where "the experts" where they tell you have not much longer to live.

I used to believe, having strong addictive tendencies that I would resume that lifestyle and just zone out, and the exact other has occurred. I would like crystal clarity of the whole event that is occurring which may ultimately lead to my death.

I have spent this spring reveling at the tiny new leaves and the color of each leaf as it progresses in the seasons. I was babysitting a neighbors puppy and I haven't had such genuine fun in many, many years. I appreciate the sound of the birds. I feel intense love of the natural world, and am so very grateful I get to live in this beauty.

I am going to strongly recommend a movie if you are having trouble and anxiety about this. It is actually a masterpiece and it is a new movie. I don't know if the writer understood the implications of what he wrote but it is brilliant.
    It's call "Don't look up" on Netflix. Ultimately it about coming to terms with something that seems impossible to comprehend, and the beauty and grace of acceptance.

What seems like a million years ago, when I went to AA ( a twelve step program) which gave me a huge paradigm shift, my favorite topic was acceptance. At the time, I could only see it as accepting this thing or a specific event or a specific person. Little did I understand how you could expand this to everything. It doesn't mean you don't change the things you can, but if you can't and you can accept the possibilities and the reality you see, it is nothing short of miraculous.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

atman (14th May 2023), Bill Ryan (13th May 2023), Jambo (13th May 2023), Michi (14th May 2023), Miller (13th May 2023)

39. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,269 times in 3,170 posts

I have casually scanned this post, lots of good info and thank you all.

but this is a depressing post, a depressing reality . somehow we all seem to know that life, our way of life is being taken from us , TAKEN FROM US, and we are powerless to do anything about it.
    We elected a gov to do the work for us. we pay huge taxes , we follow laws and rules, and yet somehow we have this situation where we have to worry about these issues.
    I live in a condo building 10 min outside NYC. Im not leaving.
    but lets say i do because things a re so dire. then what? I walk up into a forest? I squat under a bridge? i have my boogie bag and its inadequate, or a ruthless person not as kind as me says, hey thats mine now at gunpoint?
    Fore the most part, all we really know about this scenario is from movies. The Road ,comes to my mind. and also the recent The Last of Us on HBO.

when to leave my home? what if I go, false alarm and I return and others have moved on in? everything is in play, everything up for grabs, the rule of law gone. Regardless, who wants this life?

I do have a boogie bag. What its missing is about 50 boxes of ambien

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

atman (14th May 2023), Bill Ryan (13th May 2023), Ernie Nemeth (13th May 2023), Jambo (13th May 2023), Miller (13th May 2023), Pam (14th May 2023), Strat (15th May 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast