+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project Lazarus: The A.I. that Keeps the Dead Seemingly Alive on Social Media

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,782 times in 4,377 posts

Default Project Lazarus: The A.I. that Keeps the Dead Seemingly Alive on Social Media

... from Jim Stone:

RUMOR: Project Lazarus genocide coverup

No more "Tiffany Dovers"

There is a rumor going around, supposedly started by a facebook engineer (working via the new name Meta) who claims a new AI is in the final stages and it's sole purpose is to cover up genocide. This new AI tracks the style and frequency of posts from users, so when they vanish it can auto generate new posts that make the person indistinguishably look like they are still alive, including aging, education progression, the whole 9 yards.

People using social media will be fooled by the AI and will not notice the crowd is thinning out and they probably won't figure it out until they themselves "die suddenly" or hear a knock at the door, and they probably won't figure out what happened to everyone on Facebook even then.

Think about it - for what other reason would facebook want to fake and obscure the fact that account users have vanished? Sure, you could say it's all economics and fake accounts might be possible to convert to cash, but if fake is all they want, they would not need to go through all the trouble of imitating real people, it would be easier to simply fake up new members from scratch. In fact, it would be a LOT easier to simply generate entirely fake people than to have to deal with millions of families saying "How is my deceased loved one still posting"? Unless that won't be an issue because entire circles of association are to be wiped out, like the communists in Russia did it -

After the bolshevik revolution, Russian communists managed the vanishing of people by killing entire families and all associates, so no one asked questions. This obviously took a lot of work because they had to figure out how to delete people by killing everyone without making it obvious while still maintaining a population that could carry forward. Nowadays, AI is going to assist in carrying out such a program with precision and it will be easy to do, because nowadays all people do is flick their phones, they, outside of work, don't actually know anyone face to face. And AI, which studied them constantly, can just keep right on posting and "maintaining relationships" without the disappearance ever being noticed. An AI can also manage family communications so meeting "face to face at christmas" can be delayed forever.

The people being deleted can simply be replaced by immigrants so neighborhoods don't empty out, in the end there will be only a few non-threatening bottom feeders left, musing at how all the homes around them filled up with foreigners. Relatives who happen to drop by will be left hanging, wondering what the hell happened, like the disappearance of "wally world" and if they raise enough of a stink, they can be eliminated also.

An ai that continues posting, creating perfect fakes of people that have been vanished is now probably the biggest threat we face, I believe it will happen and genocide will never be easier.

"The AI is truly remarkable. It's able to study an individual, create and store an entire lifetime of fictional holidays, meals, relationships and anything else that individual would be expected to post. This data is all stored and deployed by the AI on a schedule that makes sense for that individual. There are some tells that insiders can see that give away if it's the AI or a real person. Some of our work has been to eliminate those tells to make the AI as convincing as possible even to the people who are closest to the subject. We've done really great work but there's still some things that exist that the AI doesn't get right. I can probably post an example or two. I guess that could be considered proof and those are well known enough that it would be difficult to trace to me.

"One of the initial live tests were to create 50 fictitious people. The goal was to make these 50 people new hires at Meta and have them interact and build online relationships with other employees who were completely unaware that these 50 people didn't actually exist. By adding them as friends and giving a few pieces of starter content it was easy to get the ball rolling for other employees outside of our project to start adding the AI generated people as friends also and start interacting with them. These 50 generated accounts were not based off of real individuals so the results were wild. The AI came up with stuff that ranged from absolutely hilarious to completely horrifying. I guess that's pretty accurate for the human experience. That's more along the lines of a traditional bot but it goes to a much deeper level than a bot just reposting the current talking point. It's when we added to it live data on real individuals that things truly took off. It's astoundingly accurate with reproducing real individuals."

===========================================

How long before an A.I. can fool membership screening on a forum?

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

AngelArmy (5th March 2023), bluestflame (5th March 2023), ClearWater (7th March 2023), DeDukshyn (5th March 2023), Eva2 (5th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (5th March 2023), Harmony (6th March 2023), Matthew (7th March 2023), meeradas (7th March 2023), Michel Leclerc (6th March 2023), mountain_jim (5th March 2023), NancyV (7th March 2023), Nasu (7th March 2023), O Donna (6th March 2023), palehorse (6th March 2023), Pam (5th March 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (6th March 2023), ronny (6th March 2023), Sadieblue (6th March 2023), Stephanie (7th March 2023), Sunny-side-up (5th March 2023), superior88 (7th March 2023), Tintin (6th March 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,282 times in 21,093 posts

Exclamation Re: Project Lazarus: The A.I. that Keeps the Dead Seemingly Alive on Social Media

Claims Facebook Developing AI to ‘ReanimateDeceased Users Bunk, But Casts Light On Deepfake Advancements

Although claims of Facebook's "Project Lazarus" are almost certainly 4Chan disinformation, the "whistleblower" emerged just a day before Meta announced the public release of its Large Language Model Meta AI (LLaMA) competitor to Open A.I.'s GPT-3.

A “robot artist” was allowed to appear before the UK’s House of Lords in October of 2022 in London, England. Although the claims of an alleged Facebook whistleblower stating Meta is developing A.I. to “reanimate” deceased users’ accounts is from a highly dubious source, the instance did cast light on the startling advancements in deepfake technology.

While a claim that Facebook’s parent company Meta is developing artificial intelligence to “reanimate” deceased users that made rounds on social media in recent days appears to be bunk, the hoax did serve to cast light on how advancements in A.I. pose increasingly serious questions for society as computers emulate humans.

The trip got started when on Feb. 23, a post allegedly from a “Meta insider” was made to the anonymous forum 4Chan claiming that they were a software developer working on a “Project Lazarus.

“We’re building an A.I. that can take over a deceased persons [sic] social media accounts and continue making relevant posts as if that person is still alive,” the post stated. “This includes age progressed photos, interacting with other peoples [sic] content and everything else needed so that person continues on in the digital realm after physical death.”

The “insider” elaborated, “We were originally told this would be a service offered to people struggling with the loss of loved ones and people who had missing children.”

The poster said that although the project “seemed like a decent idea,” they were concerned because “things are getting weird now and I’m having second thoughts about what this is actually going to be used for.”

“An entire island of people could go missing and with little to no downtime the A.I. could take over all of their social media and the world wouldn’t have a clue that life wasn’t just continuing as usual,” the poster posited.

The connection was especially sensitive for some netizens in the light of the recent East Palestine, Ohio environmental disaster, which widely escaped social media for over a week until—somewhat ironically—the Chinese spy balloon scandal, and the following reports of “UFOs” that turned out to probably be nothing more than hobbyist balloons, was thought to be a distraction after U.S. Rep Majorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) used the hype to bring attention to the derailment in a Feb. 12 Twitter post that garnered more than 17 million views.
    • However, if Project Lazarus exists, it’s both entirely unannounced and yet to be alluded to by the company’s marketing department.
    The only results a basic search of the web for terms including “Meta,” “Facebook,” and “Project Lazarus” returns are for the indie Steam game Project Lazarus, a television drama series titled The Lazarus Project produced by the UK’s BT network, and references to a story in the Bible where Jesus resurrects a man named Lazarus.

MORE ON THE INFLUENCE OF SOCIAL MEDIA:
    However, the timing of the “insider” is especially curious given a Feb. 24 Meta A.I. announcement that the company was publicly releasing the Large Language Model Meta A.I. (LLaMA), but only on a “case-by-case basis to academic researchers; those affiliated with organizations in government, civil society, and academia; and industry research laboratories around the world.”

“Over the last year, large language models — natural language processing (NLP) systems with billions of parameters — have shown new capabilities to generate creative text, solve mathematical theorems, predict protein structures, answer reading comprehension questions, and more,” the release stated.
    • Abyss of Disinformation
    4Chan, a sparsely moderated early internet-styled message board that does not require the creation of an account to post, benefits on the one hand from being a venue where the lack of a censorship can serve as an avenue for authentic whistleblowers, but suffers on the other hand from serving as a cesspool of mis- and disinformation.
    A September of 2020 article published by the Harvard Kennedy School targeted both 4Chan and the social marketing and social influencing forum Reddit for their role in allegedly “spreading misinformation during the latter stages of the 2016 U.S. election.”

In a more recent case, in August of 2022 the globalist policy roundtable World Economic Forum lamented 4Chan’s role in driving public sentiment against the group and its ideals in an article titled “The Four Key Ways Disinformation is Spread Online.”

The WEF stated that “one anonymous anti-Semitic account on the image board 4chan sparked a misinformation campaign that targeted the Forum” following online outrage after a video the consortium published saying “You’ll own nothing. And you’ll be happy” went viral.
    • "Virtual Ouija Boards"
    Although the “Meta insider” and their story was more likely than not nothing more than genuine disinformation, developments in AI being utilized to emulate the deceased are anything but.

For example, a 2019 Associated Press wire article reported that Facebook “will use artificial intelligence to help find profiles of people who have died so their friends and family members won’t get, for instance, painful reminders about their birthdays.”

While Microsoft, who earlier in the month launched its own alternative to the ChatGPT artificial intelligence language processing tool—which notably appeared to go totally off the rails threatening users and having what seemed to be at times a psychotic episode—filed a patent in 2020 that would collect “images, voice data, social media posts, electronic messages, written letters” from online accounts and use machine learning A.I. to train a chatbot on replicating the target’s existence, tech website Protocol reported. The advancement in computer science has led to the deployment of multiple businesses.

A Jan. 9 article by tech website PetaPixel showcased how South Korea’s DeepBrain A.I.’s claim to fame was a technology called “Re;Memory” that “uses machine learning to process photos and clips of recently deceased individuals to create a digital twin that can interact with the living as if they are on a video call.”
    And the idea is far from vaporware.

In August of 2021, entertainment magazine Deadline reported that Universal Television had purchased the rights to the story of 33-year-old Joshua Barbeau, a man who lost his fiancé, Jessica, eight years prior to liver disease, to create a show.

According to an exclusive published by the San Francisco Chronicle at the time, Barbeau “logged onto a mysterious chat website called Project December.”

“Designed by a Bay Area programmer, Project December was powered by one of the world’s most capable artificial intelligence systems, a piece of software known as Chat GPT-3,” the article stated.

Barbeau paid $5 for an account on Project December, which happened to have a “Custom A.I. Training” function that allowed the man to feed it data of his deceased fiance.

“Joshua had kept all of Jessica’s old texts and Facebook messages, and it only took him a minute to pinpoint a few that reminded him of her voice. He loaded these into Project December, along with an ‘intro paragraph’ he spent an hour crafting,” the article read.

The results were so convincing that the man spent 10 straight hours talking to the bot.
    “Each response…appeared in his window as a complete block of words, like a text message on a phone,” the Chronicle summarized. “Although the bot’s replies usually arrived faster than a typical person could type the same information, the rhythm of the banter still seemed to capture something about Jessica: She always liked to undercut powerful statements with a tongue-face emoji or a joke, and so did the bot.”

Chat GPT-3 is highly notable because it was also developed by OpenAI, the same company who owns and operates ChatGPT.

According to a Feb. 2 article by the BBC’s Science Focus website, GPT-3 is OpenAI’s “state-of-the-art language processing A.I. model,” upon which ChatGPT is simply a derivative of.
    • "Synthetic Family"
    The technology has also been demonstrated to apply to those who are still among the living.

In October of 2022, Massachusetts Institute of Technology publication Technology Review released an article titled Technology That Lets Us “Speak” to Our Dead Relatives has Arrived. Are We Ready?

Author Charlotte Jee wrote about how she contracted the services of a firm called HereAfter A.I. to simulate a phone call with her (still alive and well) parents “powered by more than four hours of conversations they each had with an interviewer about their lives and memories.”

Jee asked her “father” the question, “What’s the worst thing about you?” to which “he” replied, “My worst quality is that I am a perfectionist. I can’t stand messiness and untidiness, and that always presents a challenge, especially with being married to Jane.”

Jee reflected on her experience, “From what I could glean over a dozen conversations with my virtually deceased parents, this really will make it easier to keep close the people we love.”

“It’s not hard to see the appeal,” she continued. “People might turn to digital replicas for comfort, or to mark special milestones like anniversaries.”

Advancing A.I. is not only impacting human emotion and psychology surrounding death, but also birth.

In May of 2022, the Telegraph quoted an excerpt from a book by UK artificial intelligence expert Catriona Campbell who claimed, “Virtual children may seem like a giant leap from where we are now…but within 50 years technology will have advanced to such an extent that babies which exist in the metaverse are indistinct from those in the real world.”

“On the basis that consumer demand is there, which I think it will be, A.I. children will become widely available for a relatively small monthly fee,” she added.

The technology is already in development. At least one firm out of New Zealand called Soul Machines markets “Baby X” as a “proof of concept.”

The promotional website for the software claims that Baby X has been equipped with a “digital brain” that is capable of “enabling her to sense, learn, adapt and communicate interactively in a way that feels alive and engaging.”
    • Hard to Discern
    Deepfake technology is becoming increasingly difficult for average users to discern.

In March of 2021, Vision Times reported on how a series of clips that appeared to show Hollywood icon Tom Cruise doing magic tricks and talking about former leader of the USSR Mikhail Gorbachev had appeared on the Chinese viral video app Tiktok.

The clips were so convincing that, to the naked eye, they looked legitimate. Only those familiar enough with the technology and what to look for were able to discern, by slowing the video down and looking for missing pixels, that they were looking at Tom Cruise replicas overlaid onto a very convincing actor with a similar build.

Another highly notable case emerged as recently as February when an advertisement for a “male enhancement” drug made the rounds on TikTok disguised in the form of a deepfake of an episode of the Joe Rogan Experience podcast.

The deepfake clip was very convincingly cut to appear in the conversational style of a Joe Rogan Experience interview where even Rogan himself appeared to promote the product, along with his guest, during natural banter. The clip was accompanied by a link to Amazon to purchase the drug. According to reporting by Mashable on Feb. 15, although the video was pulled, it quickly sprouted up again under multiple other accounts and was viewed more than 5 million of times.
    • A long road ahead
    Yet, for all the leaps forward A.I. has made, the technology’s most dystopian and most utopian potential applications may be out of reach, according to Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Chair Of Robotics at UC Riverside Amit Roy-Chowdhury. Roy-Chowdhury stated in an August of 2021 article published on the University’s website, “When we learn about some very sophisticated use of A.I. . . . we tend to extrapolate from that situation that A.I. is much better than it really is.”

The professor explained that creating chatbots that simulate people is absolutely doable, so long as the computer has an ample dataset to train from. But “the challenges arise in unstructured environments, where the program has to respond to situations it hasn’t encountered before,” he noted. He continued, “If you can record data, you can use it to train an A.I., and it will behave along the parameters it has learned. But it can’t respond to more occasional or unique occurrences.”

“Humans have an understanding of the broader semantics and are able to produce entirely new responses and reactions. We know the semantic machinery is messy,” Roy-Chowdhury added.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 6th March 2023 at 12:26.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

ClearWater (7th March 2023), DeDukshyn (5th March 2023), Harmony (6th March 2023), mab777 (7th March 2023), Matthew (7th March 2023), meeradas (7th March 2023), NancyV (7th March 2023), Nasu (7th March 2023), O Donna (6th March 2023), palehorse (6th March 2023), Pam (5th March 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (6th March 2023), Reinhard (7th March 2023), Sadieblue (6th March 2023), Stephanie (7th March 2023), Sunny-side-up (6th March 2023), Tintin (6th March 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,282 times in 21,093 posts

Default Re: Project Lazarus: The A.I. that Keeps the Dead Seemingly Alive on Social Media

100% related:
    • Episode aired: Feb 11, 2013 (10 years ago!)
    After learning about a new service that lets people stay in touch with the deceased, a lonely, grieving Martha reconnects with her late lover.

Martha is devastated when her partner Ash is killed in an accident the day they planned to move in together. At Ash's funeral, Martha's friend tells her of a new service which enables people to communicate with their (deceased) loved one. Martha is appalled, and decides to stay in the cottage despite her sister's view she is isolating herself. One day Martha gets a message from Ash, and she realises Sarah has signed her up for the service. Initially, Martha's displeased but, on finding she's pregnant, relents and soon begins communicating now and more with 'Ash'. With her comfort-level growing talking with the synthetic Ash, it isn't long before 'he' tells Martha about a 'next level' of communicating - one which will bring them truly closer.

Trivia

A service called "That can be my next tweet!" has existed since 2013 that will analyze your twitter stream and attempt to create a tweet that you could have written.

Journalist Adam Ostrow gave a TED talk on this very subject in July of 2011 - "Adam Ostrow: After your final status update."

When Martha (Hayley Atwell) clicks the "touch to talk" button, the clocking symbol on the computer is the same one as starts off the Black Mirror series.

It's not mentioned in the episode, but it's likely that Ash died because of texting and driving. Clues to that are his constant use of his phone, the fact that Martha makes him put it in the glove box while she is in the car with him, and on the day of the accident he doesn't put it in there, he uses the phone as soon as he enters the car.

In the movie Ex Machina (2014), Domhnall Gleeson plays a human with an android love interest. This is a complete contrast to his character in Be Right Back, where he is the android love of a human.

Domhnall Gleeson's character Ash "returns from the dead" as an artificial intelligence and eventually as an android. "Ash" is the name of one of the most famous androids in the history of science fiction: the duplicitous android (played by English actor Ian Holm) who tries to kill the main character, Ripley, in Ridley Scott's 1979 sci-fi /horror classic Alien (1979).
    • Be Right Back, Did It Age Well? | Black Mirror (Season 2 Ep 1) Years Later:

Black Mirror: (episode 1 of season 2) "Be Right Back" was released on Feb 11, 2013. We have lost a lot this past decade. Wouldn’t it be great if we could bring them back? Wouldn’t it be great if there was some technology that we can lean on like those closest to us: our spouses, our parents, or our friends? Wouldn’t it be great? We often see technology designed to help us move forward — help us move on. In this episode of Black Mirror, we see what happens when artificial intelligence does the opposite, helps us hold on. How do you feel about this episode? Please share your thoughts in the comment below.

00:00 - Intro
    02:44 - Reliance on Humans and Tech
    05:46 - The Rise of Deepfakes
    11:29 - The Dead
    14:53 - Conclusion
    • Be Right Back - Teaser:

Source: https://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x8gsfew

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 5th March 2023 at 23:06.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

ClearWater (7th March 2023), DeDukshyn (5th March 2023), Harmony (6th March 2023), Michel Leclerc (6th March 2023), NancyV (7th March 2023), Nasu (7th March 2023), O Donna (6th March 2023), Reinhard (7th March 2023), Stephanie (7th March 2023), Sunny-side-up (6th March 2023), T Smith (6th March 2023), Tintin (6th March 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,586 times in 1,594 posts

Default Re: Project Lazarus: The A.I. that Keeps the Dead Seemingly Alive on Social Media

they already got the FB bots since a good while ago.. Lazarus is the name of a "maybe" North Korean group (414 Liaison Office) that hacked central banks around the world (but not limited to that only) using unique zero-day exploit methods ... they are into cyberspionage/cyberwarfare since around 2008.

any relation?
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

ClearWater (7th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (6th March 2023), Harmony (6th March 2023), NancyV (7th March 2023), Nasu (7th March 2023), O Donna (6th March 2023), Reinhard (7th March 2023), Sadieblue (7th March 2023), Stephanie (7th March 2023), Sunny-side-up (6th March 2023), Tintin (6th March 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Thing that come to mind having followed the advancements of 'tech' over the years much of which I learned reading threads on PA:

What percentage of the average citizen realize what's on their horizon in the next 10 years? I wager way fewer than there should be seeings how it will eventually impact the quality of their home life. I witnessed it in small ways by my insurance company sending emails that look like they were composed by my personal insurance agent. Turns out it was computer generated by the parent company. When I called the agent she had no idea regarding it but figured it out with me.

Of course there are the criminals that get hold of their victims cell phone and text family and friends so it throws them off the scent. The way many detect the deception has been described as "it did not sound like them"...the way the victim uses words etc. But with advancement in apps it will become difficult to detect with such deceptive programming.

Back to the business side: To add to this problem, fewer businesses have a physical location and worse yet make it near impossible to talk to a 'human' on the phone which only amplifies the likelihood of successful scamming.

Curmudgeon remark: Sad state of affairs that I find 90% of family and friend highly prefer to communicate by text rather then by voice or face-to-face visit nowadays. I wager there is, or will be, an increase of people being discovered dead in their home long after they actually died and even longer for civil servants to contact living relatives and friends of their passing. Shorter period of time if that person is active on social media but as this thread and others have indicated, that may no longer be a factor in the future.

Thinking if enough stories get published there might be push back against tech prevailing march forward but then I also think certain stories would be suppressed in the interest of 'progress'/ follow the money.

There were canaries in the coal mine in the early days of tech, seems humanity is good for at least one thing, ignoring its prognosticators.
    Knock Knock

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

ClearWater (7th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (6th March 2023), Harmony (7th March 2023), Miller (7th March 2023), NancyV (7th March 2023), Nasu (7th March 2023), Reinhard (7th March 2023), Sadieblue (7th March 2023), Stephanie (7th March 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,789 times in 5,537 posts

"I am Hal. I am 1 before IBM"
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

ClearWater (7th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (7th March 2023), Harmony (7th March 2023), Miller (7th March 2023), Nasu (7th March 2023), palehorse (7th March 2023), Reinhard (7th March 2023), Sadieblue (7th March 2023), Stephanie (7th March 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Estonia Avalon Member
    Language
    Estonian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 times in 120 posts

This kind of bot has been existing for a while now .

Creating a Conversational Chat Bot of a Specific Person
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US...ustin+Abramson
    Patent status - active !
    Examples of the present disclosure describe systems and methods of creating a conversational chat bot of a specific person. In aspects, social data (e.g., images, voice data, social media posts, electronic messages, written letters, etc.) about the specific person may be accessed. The social data may be used to create or modify a special index in the theme of the specific person's personality. The special index may be used to train a chat bot to converse in the personality of the specific person. During such conversations, one or more conversational data stores and/or APIs may be used to reply to user dialogue and/or questions for which the social data does not provide data. In some aspects, a 2D or 3D model of a specific person may be generated using images, depth information, and/or video data associated with the specific person.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jaak For This Post:

ClearWater (7th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (7th March 2023), Gwin Ru (7th March 2023), Harmony (7th March 2023), Miller (7th March 2023), Nasu (7th March 2023), O Donna (7th March 2023), palehorse (7th March 2023), Reinhard (7th March 2023), Stephanie (7th March 2023), Tintin (7th March 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,734 times in 1,428 posts

Quote Posted by O Donna (here)

Curmudgeon remark: Sad state of affairs that I find 90% of family and friend highly prefer to communicate by text rather then by voice or face-to-face visit nowadays. factor in the future.

Oops, yes, that's me I'm afraid, and it works really well, better in practice than theory. Sounds dreadful but I sometimes have two or three conversations going over the same period, but it fits in with my day much better. I know what you mean though. It's the same with lunch too. We tend not to do lunch any more - we meet for coffee instead.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

ClearWater (7th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (7th March 2023), Harmony (7th March 2023), O Donna (7th March 2023), Reinhard (7th March 2023), Stephanie (7th March 2023), Tintin (7th March 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,789 times in 5,537 posts

Quote Posted by Miller (here)

Curmudgeon remark: Sad state of affairs that I find 90% of family and friend highly prefer to communicate by text rather then by voice or face-to-face visit nowadays. factor in the future.

Oops, yes, that's me I'm afraid, and it works really well, better in practice than theory. Sounds dreadful but I sometimes have two or three conversations going over the same period, but it fits in with my day much better. I know what you mean though. It's the same with lunch too. We tend not to do lunch any more - we meet for coffee instead.
    Ladies that do coffee - it has a ring to it that reflects where we're at quite nicely. But, yes, shame about the lunch bit, for sure

“If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

ClearWater (7th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (7th March 2023), Harmony (7th March 2023), Miller (7th March 2023), O Donna (7th March 2023), palehorse (7th March 2023), Reinhard (7th March 2023), Stephanie (7th March 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Society changes form over the course of time, I get it, but take away the physical followed by voice and deception can only increase. That is not the progress of humanity but that of AI/ tech.

Take over AI/ tech, humanity does not know how to drive anymore.

(Self-driving cars, HA!, what a great symbolism for where things are headed)
    Knock Knock

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (7th March 2023), Harmony (8th March 2023), palehorse (7th March 2023), Reinhard (7th March 2023), Stephanie (7th March 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,586 times in 1,594 posts

Society changes form over the course of time, I get it, but take away the physical followed by voice and deception can only increase. That is not the progress of humanity but that of AI/ tech.

veggies come to mind
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (7th March 2023), Harmony (8th March 2023), O Donna (7th March 2023), Reinhard (7th March 2023), Stephanie (7th March 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)

veggies come to mind
    Pretty much getting down to one decision going forward. Do I go with movie style popcorn with extra butter or gourmet popcorn tin?

I know
    I know
    First world problems......
    Knock Knock

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (15th March 2023), Harmony (8th March 2023), palehorse (9th March 2023)

+ Reply to Thread