+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deepfake technology and our reality - Enlightening or Frightening?

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Default Deepfake technology and our reality - Enlightening or Frightening?

A brief introduction to deepfake tech and hows news articles, newsreaders
    even celebrities and politicians can be faked using tech. Some very interesting
    examples including one of Trump gving a speech he never made.

Will we soon required authentication on everything we see, hear or watch to verify
    that is "real" and not an AI created illusion? Very scary, and an deye opener for those
    who are not upto speed...

(apologies if been posted before) and not the real me

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

anasazi (8th March 2023), Bassplayer1 (8th March 2023), Brigantia (8th March 2023), Ernie Nemeth (8th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2023), Harmony (8th March 2023), ian33 (9th March 2023), Ioneo (8th March 2023), Islander12 (8th March 2023), jaybee (8th March 2023), Mark (8th March 2023), Michi (9th March 2023), Miller (8th March 2023), NancyV (8th March 2023), Nasu (8th March 2023), pabranno (8th March 2023), palehorse (9th March 2023), thepainterdoug (9th March 2023), XelNaga (9th March 2023), ZenBaller (8th March 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,480 times in 21,118 posts

Exclamation Re: Deepfake technology and our reality - Enlightening or Frightening?

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/Yzku0MvWcklu

This is so wrong on so many psychological levels ... When you study Mark Zuckerfck former owner of Fakebook how he explains "Metaverse" all part of the WEF's Vision of their Dystopian version of Future's Humanity connected to their "Agenda2030" ... >>> You realize they really want to take over how we see ourselves and totally dominate with false projected (pushed) tunnel vision narratives and let you be a "willing participant" helping a corrupt world full of (automated) deception techniques ... as "the new normal".
    • And yes, it is a 100% related issue with this forum thread.
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳

* source

Related Project Avalon Forum thread:
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th March 2023 at 12:20.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Brigantia (8th March 2023), Ernie Nemeth (8th March 2023), ian33 (9th March 2023), Islander12 (8th March 2023), jaybee (8th March 2023), Le Chat (8th March 2023), NancyV (8th March 2023), Nasu (8th March 2023), pabranno (8th March 2023), palehorse (9th March 2023), Pam (8th March 2023), scotslad (9th March 2023), XelNaga (9th March 2023), ZenBaller (8th March 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

Default Re: Deepfake technology and our reality - Enlightening or Frightening?

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/Yzku0MvWcklu

This is so wrong on so many psychological levels ... When you study Mark Zuckerfck former owner of Fakebook how he explains "Metaverse" all part of the WEF's Vision of their Dystopian version of Future's Humanity connected to their "Agenda2030" ... >>> You realize they really want to take over how we see ourselves and totally dominate with false projected (pushed) tunnel vision narratives and let you be a "willing participant" helping a corrupt world full of (automated) deception techniques ... as "the new normal".
    • And yes, it is a 100% related issue with this forum thread.
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳

* source

Related Project Avalon Forum thread:
    It's coming down to one of two things as far as I can see it. Hone your intuitive skills till they are razor sharp. We all have them, the question is how much do we listen to them, how much do we act on them. The other option is this dream, within a dream, within a dream.

When I was a little kid I had 2 dreams repeatedly. One was a little boy sitting directly in front of a television set. He was watch himself sitting in front of a television and it went on and on and on.

There is coming a point where the only information you will "know" will be the intuitive nature that has the ability to interpret and dispense what you will personally need to know.

The ramifications of this filter alone are staggering. Most have let their intuition atrophy from lack of use.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Brigantia (8th March 2023), Ernie Nemeth (8th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2023), Michi (8th March 2023), NancyV (8th March 2023), Nasu (8th March 2023), pabranno (8th March 2023), palehorse (9th March 2023), XelNaga (9th March 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,485 times in 2,851 posts

The deep fakes aren't perfect yet. You can tell, if you look carefully at the facial structure, that it's not real. But it is getting very, very close and very, very scary.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Brigantia (8th March 2023), Ernie Nemeth (8th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2023), ian33 (9th March 2023), pabranno (8th March 2023), palehorse (9th March 2023), Pam (8th March 2023), XelNaga (9th March 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

I guess shallow people need these types of artifice.

I am amazed not at this technology but at my natural ability to see the inside of a person and project that onto my perception of their face.

Real beauty is on the inside.

One friend I hadn't seen for years. Went to visit him and he looked strange...for about two minutes. His face was so thin, like it had been squished in a door - almost a disfigurement. As we talked his face changed and by the time I left he looked normal again.
    I also had a girlfriend who was so ugly to most that they would have to take a double take. To me she had a deep beauty that only sometimes made it to her external features. When it did she would take my breath away, she was so beautiful to me.

I try to see through to the person inside as much as possible. Sometimes it is not so easy. But I am convinced everyone is a beauty if perceived in the right light with the right sight.

And now it has become a novelty, sold by a techno-giant to their sycophantic users who crave instant gratification for zero effort.

Where will this technology lead?
    No one will be able to meet anyone in person because of this deceit - unless they come up with a portable face projector that can fake your face on the fly...
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 8th March 2023 at 17:09.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Brigantia (8th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (8th March 2023), ian33 (9th March 2023), jaybee (8th March 2023), meeradas (8th March 2023), Michi (8th March 2023), palehorse (9th March 2023), Pam (8th March 2023), scotslad (9th March 2023), XelNaga (9th March 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,628 times in 1,603 posts

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    A brief introduction to deepfake tech and hows news articles, newsreaders
    even celebrities and politicians can be faked using tech. Some very interesting
    examples including one of Trump gving a speech he never made.

Will we soon required authentication on everything we see, hear or watch to verify
    that is "real" and not an AI created illusion? Very scary, and an deye opener for those
    who are not upto speed...

(apologies if been posted before) and not the real me

Yes, it already exist and it is been used in cybersecurity for now, soon it will be used everywhere in all aspects of human life (if we don't step in).

Probably everyone here already heard the term "Zero Trust", I mean regarding the cybersecurity paradigm, the entire new architecture are being developed using ZT principles, the new infrastructure will have it built-in by default.

In other words, every living being will have to be authenticated against a centralized system before doing anything that requires authentication, it does not involve only banking, but even grocery shops, transportation fair, peeing in a public bathroom and so on.. everything, each aspect of human life.

The mainstream followers, just can't see or have the will to see anything behind the curtains, the hypocrisy and cynicism is part of their daily life.

Some of us, will see as necessary to get into the game in order to keep their income basically (money issue which was already solved by UBI) and of course be part of the fake society in general (I am not speaking for myself), but I believe that will be groups of people everywhere playing both sides just like we have today (read free market).

ZT works only with their infrastructure, outside of it, they got no control (except for their eyes in the sky), one will have to develop skills in order to survive off the grid, it is simple like that, if too afraid or too scared then will have to jump onboard the illuminatis boat because standing in that fence won't be an option soon, there will be no more fence, it is IN or OUT.

There is a Russian proverb, it goes like that "Trust, but verify."

Here is the final publication of the Zero Trust Architecture, you can download a copy from NIST.
    https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/Sp...SP.800-207.pdf
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (9th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (9th March 2023), Le Chat (9th March 2023), scotslad (10th March 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,217 times in 438 posts

Quote Posted by Pam (here)
    It's coming down to one of two things as far as I can see it. Hone your intuitive skills till they are razor sharp. We all have them, the question is how much do we listen to them, how much do we act on them. The other option is this dream, within a dream, within a dream.

When I was a little kid I had 2 dreams repeatedly. One was a little boy sitting directly in front of a television set. He was watch himself sitting in front of a television and it went on and on and on.

There is coming a point where the only information you will "know" will be the intuitive nature that has the ability to interpret and dispense what you will personally need to know.

The ramifications of this filter alone are staggering. Most have let their intuition atrophy from lack of use.
    You touch there exactly spot-on what is the real solution of how to discern.

Just a few days ago I was posting this at a FB group:

Quote Finding truth in the jungle of bias

Recently when playing around with ChatGPT, I learned getting repeatedly wrong answers when asking for specific how-to steps. I then found the solution myself and submitted it to ChatGPT for future similar queries. And here we have the conundrum: People doing "their research" and getting false or biased answers.

This brings me to the actual objective. In the nowadays jungle of bias it is often nearly impossible to get down to the truth. A very few journalists embark on the long journey to question everything and uncover every stone and eventually dig up some truth this way.

But how about using the being innate ability to look at something and sense and see what is true?
    I believe, this ability can be "re-gained" through training and drills. Another approach which comes to mind is remote viewing - this too can be improved with a high success rate.
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (10th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (4th March 2024), palehorse (11th March 2023), scotslad (10th March 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Well I went on a research trip yesterday and woa, did I fall down a rabbit hole.

I created a full synthetic human video from concept to script to video in 58 seconds (thats text to video) in 58 secs. Examples here - https://www.d-id.com/

Another site that does text to video is https://www.synthesia.io/ and https://www.synthesia.io/features/avatars

But the one that really got me was midjourney - text to image !!!. Imagine typing "create a photo quality image of a monk meditating infront of a waterfall on an island"
    and then it creates it - in seconds. That's mental.

Now think of all the big corporate agencies that used to charge you $000s and take weeks to do ad creative, copywriting, videos for Youtube, and you can now
    do it in seconds.

Saving time and money is one thing, but we are now at the dawn of a new industrial revoluton - "Prompt Engineering"

a whole new industry of people writing simple prompts for just a few dollars ($3.99 to $7.99) that will write the text instructions to give to the a.i to complete the tasks you want.

Whether it's writing songs, poems, games, books, artilces to designing ads, book covers, recording music and presenting your new 50 minute original podcast - it's incredible.

My concern, we've already seen with trading software that can set parameters and criteria to buy stock based on key instructions that is now monitored by software to sell stocks based on criteria - both software programmed by a.i, then surely its going to get very scewed - everything - over the next few years.

One thing for sure is that what used to take months and millions of $, can now be produced and generate a reach of even more people in a fraction of the time and money.

The problem I think is that the tech and ai will become so good and convincing (take the unreal engine 5 gaming creation system) it's going to get very difficult to distinguish between what is real and what is not.

It's already happening, I know.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Brigantia (10th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (4th March 2024), Johan (Keyholder) (10th March 2023), Michi (10th March 2023), palehorse (11th March 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,628 times in 1,603 posts

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    Well I went on a research trip yesterday and woa, did I fall down a rabbit hole.

I created a full synthetic human video from concept to script to video in 58 seconds (thats text to video) in 58 secs. Examples here - https://www.d-id.com/

Another site that does text to video is https://www.synthesia.io/ and https://www.synthesia.io/features/avatars

But the one that really got me was midjourney - text to image !!!. Imagine typing "create a photo quality image of a monk meditating infront of a waterfall on an island"
    and then it creates it - in seconds. That's mental.

Now think of all the big corporate agencies that used to charge you $000s and take weeks to do ad creative, copywriting, videos for Youtube, and you can now
    do it in seconds.

Saving time and money is one thing, but we are now at the dawn of a new industrial revoluton - "Prompt Engineering"

a whole new industry of people writing simple prompts for just a few dollars ($3.99 to $7.99) that will write the text instructions to give to the a.i to complete the tasks you want.

Whether it's writing songs, poems, games, books, artilces to designing ads, book covers, recording music and presenting your new 50 minute original podcast - it's incredible.

My concern, we've already seen with trading software that can set parameters and criteria to buy stock based on key instructions that is now monitored by software to sell stocks based on criteria - both software programmed by a.i, then surely its going to get very scewed - everything - over the next few years.

One thing for sure is that what used to take months and millions of $, can now be produced and generate a reach of even more people in a fraction of the time and money.

The problem I think is that the tech and ai will become so good and convincing (take the unreal engine 5 gaming creation system) it's going to get very difficult to distinguish between what is real and what is not.

It's already happening, I know.

I generated one video with d-id, it took me 5 minutes to add the script and choose an avatar..
    but voice and the movements of the avatar is not convincing yet, at least for me, I can spot it is "synthetic" and not "organic".

I agree with your last sentence, it is already here, what is released to the public is just the junky part of it. :O
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (4th March 2024), Vangelo (4th March 2024)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,009 times in 1,732 posts

US Special Ops want to weaponize deep fakes - The Intercept (what a surprise!)
    RT
    Tue, 07 Mar 2023

The Pentagon's secret operations branch is seeking capabilities to deploy "next generation" deep fakes in information warfare and hack the Internet of Things (IoT) to track their impact, a procurement document has revealed. The Intercept reported on the initiative on Monday.

The document in question outlines a technology wish list for US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), which is responsible for Washington's clandestine military actions around the world. It was first published in 2020 and last updated in October 2022, adding tools that can falsify images of public figures to its desired inventory, according to the outlet.

The command's Military Information Support Operations (MISO) is seeking a "next generation of 'deep fake' or other similar technology to generate messages and influence operations via non-traditional channels in relevant peer/near peer environments," it states.

Deep-fake technology uses publicly available imagery to create a digital version of a person, which can then be used to fabricate footage. It is currently used mostly for entertainment, including the production of fake pornography featuring celebrities.

US officials have long voiced concerns that foreign adversaries, particularly rivals like China and Russia, could deploy deep fakes in disinformation campaigns. US agencies claim they are developing tools to detect such videos, purportedly so that users can defend themselves against such attacks.

The Pentagon procurement document appears to prove that, while Washington decries the threat to democracy and public trust posed by deep fakes, the Department of Defense is seeking to weaponize them.

The same paper mentions a "next generation capability to 'takeover' Internet of Things (IoT) devices" - appliances with online connectivity and various sensors to track their environment - to assess the effect of propaganda campaigns. Hacking such devices would allow the military to "collect data and information from local populaces to enable breakdown of what messaging might be popular" so that MISO could "craft and promote messages" better.

The Intercept previously reported that the Pentagon had leveraged the US government's influence over US tech companies to secure support for propaganda operations in the Middle East.

https://www.sott.net/article/478096-...-The-Intercept

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (4th March 2024), scotslad (12th March 2023), Vangelo (4th March 2024)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,420 times in 685 posts

Just Ahead: Deep Fakes And Shallow Reality

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...hallow-reality

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (4th March 2024), John Hilton (4th March 2024), Vangelo (4th March 2024)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,621 times in 572 posts

Scammers made off with about $25 million after they used deepfake technology to trick an employee at the Hong Kong branch of a multinational company, local media reported on Sunday, citing the city's police.

In January, an employee in the company's finance department received a message from someone who said they were the company's UK-based chief financial officer, South China Morning Post reported, citing police. The employee then had a video call with the company's CFO and other company employees — all of which turned out to be deepfakes.

Based on instructions they got during that call, the employee transferred HK$200 million, or $25.6 million, to various Hong Kong bank accounts across 15 transfers, according to the SCMP.
    The employee who was scammed did not interact with the deepfakes during the video conference, according to the media outlet.
    source:  businessinsider.com
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (4th March 2024), John Hilton (4th March 2024)

+ Reply to Thread