Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The UK Lockdown Files

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,172 times in 572 posts

Default Re: The UK Lockdown Files

The good news is we have the woke Gary Lineker back commentating for The BBC's football matches... what furore that was too! All that public anger over a tweet! So what was the news-story in regards to the lockdown files? Did I miss something?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2023), Matthew (17th March 2023)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,341 times in 4,087 posts

Quote Posted by mizo (here)
    The good news is we have the woke Gary Lineker back commentating for The BBC's football matches... what furore that was too! All that public anger over a tweet! So what was the news-story in regards to the lockdown files? Did I miss something?
    Isabel Oakeshott, who is part of the fabric of MSM, and Matt Hancock, made a Punch and Judy show. Matt Hancock was "outraged" and "off guard", and "backfooted" (skepticism quotes, not literal-quote quotes) because Isabel leaked private WhatsApp message showing Hancock deliberately scared people and also a few other "damming" message. Meanwhile it escalated into a big nothing burger, Hancock just carries on as normal, and Isabel reassured people that oh no there isn't Midazolam behind you.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2023), Jambo (30th March 2023), mizo (17th March 2023)

5. Link to Post #23
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,462 times in 21,114 posts

Am Dutch ... so forgive me, I do not get it ... what did you miss exactly? ... Or was it sarcasm?
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2023), Matthew (17th March 2023), mizo (17th March 2023)

7. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,172 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)

Am Dutch ... so forgive me, I do not get it ... what did you miss exactly? ... Or was it sarcasm?
    A poor attempt at sarcasm (on behalf of the British public viewing the MSM) apologies John -humour has never been one of my strong points

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mizo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (17th March 2023), Jambo (30th March 2023), Mari (17th March 2023), Matthew (17th March 2023)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    A poor attempt at sarcasm (on behalf of the British public viewing the MSM) apologies John -humour has never been one of my strong points
    You have a much better chance being a bit better understood internationally using either wink wink smiley ... or using certain claims between "quotation marks" or both ... I too, forget to use that sometimes when I am sarcastic ... so no worries can happen to everybody.

I am also aware that part of the masses (almost) NEVER understand sarcasm, as they are way too easy to be triggered and thus missing the point completely ... Like the picture meme above explains here perfectly.
    • When Alex Jones was serious, they falsely assumed he "must be joking" ... when Alex Jones was obviously joking, they took it seriously ... <<< that sums it up, how dump the mass media is ... some of the mass media are "acting dumb" on purpose because it fits their slanderous narrative.
    And what I have learned about humor (being over 50 years old) ... is that ... the moment you have to explain your joke >>> it is too late ... it only works if the receiver is smart enough to "get it".

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 17th March 2023 at 13:42.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th March 2023), Matthew (17th March 2023), mizo (17th March 2023)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,341 times in 4,087 posts

Sarcasm is a very British way to express anger, I find I go to do it a lot but have to catch myself. But I always take the reminder because I have upset European friends with my cryptic sarcasm, but sarcasm is second nature to me, so I don't mind being told a lot. Not a sarcastic suggestion here, but it probably should be, we could put sarcastic sentences in Comic Sans font. Other Latin glyph based languages have accents on some letters but British English doesn't. But I really think we could, and add some punctuation or accents to denote sarcasm. But I doubt that is on the King's radar 🤡.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (17th March 2023), Jambo (30th March 2023), Mari (17th March 2023), mizo (17th March 2023)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    Sarcasm is a very British way to express anger, I find I go to do it a lot but have to catch myself. But I always take the reminder because I have upset European friends with my cryptic sarcasm, but sarcasm is second nature to me, so I don't mind being told a lot. Not a sarcastic suggestion here, but it probably should be, we could put sarcastic sentences in Comic Sans font. Other Latin glyph based languages have accents on some letters but British English doesn't. But I really think we could, and add some punctuation or accents to denote sarcasm. But I doubt that is on the King's radar 🤡.
    • The Dutch & The Aussies are the same in that, especially when you know more about a certain controversial topic versus the uneducated masses. Just listen to Max Igan for one hour
    I love sarcasm IF others get it too ... otherwise people get unnecessarily annoyed/agitated ... <<< but that can sometimes be hilarious >>> depending on who it is that is "upset".

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 17th March 2023 at 13:45.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2023), Matthew (17th March 2023)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2