+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is the favorite part of your day?

1. Link to Post #21
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,301 times in 674 posts

Default Re: What is the favorite part of your day?

Quote Posted by haroldsails (here)
    Early morning sunrise, and a cup of good strong coffee for me.
    The sunrise part depends on the weather of course - it rains a lot around here.
    The coffee part never changes, and for many years included tobacco. So a morning smoke, a cup of coffee, and a wonderful sunrise. Actually I cut the tobacco part of that ritual out decades ago. The best was as a kid in the Navy, in the Pacific, out on deck with the cup of coffee watching a big , bright sun coming up on the horizon (and having that smoke).

Sounds like heaven! If you think it rains a lot where you are, then come to the South West of the UK. Lately the wet stuff has never stopped, hence my post about chasing the sun whenever it deigns to make an appearance here. I too, cut out the ciggies many moons ago, but I still miss that 'hit' that you describe.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Harmony (18th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (18th March 2023), Kryztian (15th March 2023)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Hmm hard question but I like it.

I'm honestly not sure, it depends on the day. Fridays used to be my favorite, I'd go to the pool hall as soon as they opened, practice on the tables then eventually hang out at the bar with friends. I'd keep the jukebox going and occasionally challenge someone to a game. Sometimes you meet a nice gal. It was my 'Cheers' environment. I used to do this every Friday but now it's maybe once a month.

At the moment I'm not sure I have a decisive answer but here's a few things that come to mind:

1 Gardening in the sun with my dog, iced tea and talk radio. Sometimes beer instead of tea but more often than not, tea. I garden without gloves, shoes or shirt (unless I'm in the shade, then mosquitos will eat me up).

2 The feeling I have when I step out of the shower after a 5k.

3 Walking the dog at 5:30AM.

4 Reading before bed on a day where I accomplished all my tasks.

Special mention: when I'm having a good 'meditation day' and I arrive at one of the 'places' you reach when meditating. That 'place' where it's just utterly quiet and peaceful..... Man if that was a drug therapists would be out of business.

Quote Posted by haroldsails (here)
    Early morning sunrise, and a cup of good strong coffee for me.
    The sunrise part depends on the weather of course - it rains a lot around here.
    The coffee part never changes, and for many years included tobacco. So a morning smoke, a cup of coffee, and a wonderful sunrise. Actually I cut the tobacco part of that ritual out decades ago. The best was as a kid in the Navy, in the Pacific, out on deck with the cup of coffee watching a big , bright sun coming up on the horizon (and having that smoke).
    Were you ever stationed at Mayport? Nice sunrise there too, although I will say I'm jealous of your sunrise haha. It does sound beautiful.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Harmony (18th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (18th March 2023), Mari (17th March 2023), NancyV (17th March 2023)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 times in 247 posts

I love waking up in the morning to watch the sunrise… just when dusk hits and the stillness of the night once most life around me is asleep.. there is a peace to this stillness 🙏🧿
    Humata Huxta Huvarsta

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parsi-X For This Post:

Harmony (18th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (18th March 2023)

7. Link to Post #24
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,577 times in 981 posts

One of my favourite parts of each of many days, this winter, has been when the ice candle-lamp is lit. Weather here is getting warmer, with more incoming, so this might be the last of this pleasure.

Just now, 0105 MST, 3.18.23:

Attachment 50616

Attachment 50617

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Harmony (18th March 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2