Thread: Words, interpreted for health.

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 times in 998 posts

Default Words, interpreted for health.

Was gonna put this in the thread Fun Hobbies, since it near ticks both boxes. But I think it’s big enough to rate it’s own place.

What I mean is, using words — our own words, to each his/her own — to draw a line to a possible inner/spirit cause of a problem-situation in our life. I’ve mostly used this approach for understanding the root/causes of physical injuries or degradations, though — and I can’t think of any good examples right now — other problems are helped too.

My starter is, for a few days now I’ve had random pains in my shoulders. Then tonight I had the question, am I “shouldering in” here on PA, maybe like trying to mark some territory? ...in mind too, is my instigation of a flash mosh pit the other night (which all went well, but feels similar and had actual shouldering).

I will know if that is so, if I modify my attitude and then feel my shoulders get normal/healthy again. It might not be only or even mainly here, but attitudes radiate, so I’m wondering. I would love to hear anybody’s take on my presence here, tho I am confident in my filters. 👻♥️😎😊

This is not about me, that was only an example. I hope that everybody understands this as a principle, a mechanism, or algorithm, for self healing/betterment.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Ewan (13th March 2023), Ioneo (13th March 2023), Miller (13th March 2023), Pam (14th March 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,091 times in 2,402 posts

Default Re: Words, interpreted for health.

I've never had the impression you are "shouldering in" but also cannot claim to have read all your contributions.

In my experience physical pain is more likely to be assosciated with a problem within the body, though I certainly would not discount mental influences.

Though, on re-reading your post prior to 'posting' my response I'm not sure I fully understand what you are saying.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (13th March 2023), Miller (13th March 2023), Pam (14th March 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,364 times in 678 posts

Oh yes, all connected.

A few little examples:
    If you have cystitis, who/what is 'pissing you off'?
    Neck pain: who/what is a 'pain in the neck'?
    Bowel probs: who/what is a pain in the ass?
    Hip, knee, ankle pain: Afraid to go 'forward' in life.
    Arthritis: long term result of being resentful of a person/situation, being 'eaten up' by it/lack of forgiveness.
    Knee pain: problems with Ego.

Our bodies will always mirror long-held emotions, thoughts, beliefs, etc.

IT's all in Louise Hay's book, You Can Heal Your Life.
    Last edited by Mari; 13th March 2023 at 11:48.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Ewan (13th March 2023), Ioneo (13th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th March 2023), Miller (13th March 2023), Pam (14th March 2023), selinam (13th March 2023), Strat (13th March 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,825 times in 1,436 posts

Yes, JCL, I agree, although the message can go both ways. For instance :

One of our cats has a nasty habit of standing on my chest when I'm in bed which, if you have breasts, is really painful. If I shout 'OW', she uses me as a springboard and jumps off onto the windowsill, and the pain becomes absolutely excruciating (men please substitute a kick in the nuts). So the message could be either that something's about to go" t**ts up" or else "spring is here". Personal preference would always be for the latter of course.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Ewan (13th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th March 2023), Mari (13th March 2023), Pam (14th March 2023), selinam (13th March 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,091 times in 2,402 posts

Quote Posted by Mari (here)
    Oh yes, all connected.

A few little examples:
    Arthritis: long term result of being resentful of a person/situation, being 'eaten up' by it/lack of forgiveness.

Holy sh!t Mari!

I've had all of those, I think, at various times. I'm clearly a mental embittered wreck.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (13th March 2023), Miller (14th March 2023), Pam (14th March 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,364 times in 678 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Oh yes, all connected.

A few little examples:

Holy sh!t Mari!

I've had all of those, I think, at various times. I'm clearly a mental embittered wreck.
    Haha, as we all are, in varying degrees. I've been there. The 'cure' is taking responsibility for our health - to acknowledge those bits of us that need a bit of scrutiny is just our body's way of saying 'hello time to have a look at this'....Miracles happen when we have the courage to do so.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Ewan (13th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (13th March 2023), Miller (14th March 2023), Pam (14th March 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thank you Ewan, Mari, and Miller, for your responses.

Ewan: 1. Thank you for your assurance...but Bill could describe some of my problems lol.

2. I don’t mean to imply that physical ailments are in or come from our mind (psychosomatic, right word?). What I see/find is that underlying causes can be identified, practices of attitude or self-identity, which when corrected can lead to physical healing.

3., or maybe still 2. The idea of this thread is meant to suggest that ‘oblique’ thinking, like noticing and then reinterpreting the words we use, can help power the mill of self-refinement (“God’s mill grinds slowly”), and that our bodies are indicators of of our inner/spirit health.

3. or 4. Hey Ewan, have you ever seen/known-of Iridology? That is another window, IMO, to the soul — if you can ‘interpret’ the body weakness shown, to relate to spirit things/functions. The chakras that I use, their designation as I trust it, is order, will, wisdom, earnestness or justice, patience, love, and mercy. Same locations as ever.

I had a thought today, about the shoulder thing. I had (today) a rare expression of impatience toward another. I have worked to fix that, partly in face to face interaction, which I am thankful for. My thought was to look at the chakra nearest my shoulders, where my current ‘signals’ originate. Preset bingo, earnestness and patience. ...still a work in progress, am sure it will work. Cheers.

Mari, you understand. 👻♥️🦍😘 I would differ a bit by emphasizing taking your own words most seriously. Your 2nd post is spot on, thanks.

Miller, oof lol. ~8)

Dog here, no cat.

I like your reverse interpretation, very astute. Also, why we dogs tend to chase cats (rarely catch them).

I once had a friend, an old man, who in hindsight — thinking about him — was a good dog. He spent some years, before being housed in an old folks ‘home’, who had a fav cat that slept on his chest. My friend was worried, probably with good reason, that when he stirred or rolled in his sleep, that big white cat would swat and it’s claws would take away some eyesight. So he slept with workshop eye-PPE goggles on. ...All this to say, maybe check out breastplates, armour for more than male bronze-age warriors. ~8D

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Ewan (14th March 2023), Miller (14th March 2023), Pam (14th March 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

Quote Posted by Miller (here)
    Yes, JCL, I agree, although the message can go both ways. For instance :

One of our cats has a nasty habit of standing on my chest when I'm in bed which, if you have breasts, is really painful. If I shout 'OW', she uses me as a springboard and jumps off onto the windowsill, and the pain becomes absolutely excruciating (men please substitute a kick in the nuts). So the message could be either that something's about to go" t**ts up" or else "spring is here". Personal preference would always be for the latter of course.
    I had a good chuckle at the imagery of this. You also made a wonderful point. I am remembering my beloved cats of the past and have experienced the "springboard effect" you mentioned.

Quote 2. I don’t mean to imply that physical ailments are in or come from our mind (psychosomatic, right word?). What I see/find is that underlying causes can be identified, practices of attitude or self-identity, which when corrected can lead to physical healing.
    from Post # 7.

I absolutely believe the bodies balanced well being can be held to words. Words are initiated by thoughts and as Edgar Cayce said "thoughts are things". I interpret that thoughts, which consist of words not spoken out loud, will manifest in the physical real. So words, thoughts, emotions which are tied together will play a large role in our well being.

Another thing that is tied to this is the way our thoughts and words can be suppressed. We push them down and don't acknowledge or experience them. That is a sure fired way to create unbalance in the body, maybe not immediately noticed but it will manifest in some way.

from Post # 7. I have found this to be true on a personal level so many times. I have absolutely no doubt that it works.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (14th March 2023), Miller (14th March 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Had a word stick out today, “inspection”. From the inspection of my abode, by city rental-housing inspectors. Landlord told me that after 20 years of not, now it’s to be every year (last year was the first one, I think the lady was the same one, but the (then) partner fire-official had a big beard, which I didn’t think of at the time to ask about regarding firefighter mask-fitting rules). Haven’t noticed any other such inspections nearby or anywhere; maybe I should look it up. Something, something, TI? No, I will never again (since 15-20 years) take up the hobby of being paranoid — too much craziness happens.

Anyways. What dropped out of it was that my 3-days-notice’ concern, and accompanying vigour at tidying up, was obvs a personal test or window, telling me who I am, or was.

I have mentioned that I think/surmise that in this life I am breaking from a past as a warrior. I have empathy for men (and women, seems new, but same) who live and work under authority. But it often comes through as if I was once the one handing down judgement. Now, got apprehensiveness about pursuing defences or counter attack — legal or otherwise. My gut tells me I was a bad person. So cool to notice, what a great growing day!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Miller (16th March 2023), Pam (18th March 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,968 times in 539 posts

Oh yes, all connected.

A few little examples:

You Can Heal Your Life can be downloaded here.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (18th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (18th July 2023), Pam (18th March 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Knees, eh?

Anything on thumbs? Mine are often rusty.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Johnnycomelately (18th July 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,968 times in 539 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Knees, eh?

Anything on thumbs? Mine are often rusty.
    According to the You Can Heal Your Life (page 121):
    KNEES, like the neck, have to do with flexibility; only they express bending and pride, ego and stubbornness. Often when moving forward, we are fearful of bending, and we become inflexible. This stiffens the joints. We want to move forward, but we do not want to change our ways. This is why knees take so long to heal; our ego is involved. The knees take a long time because we get our pride and our self-righteousness involved.

The next time you have a knee problem, ask yourself where you are being self-righteous, where you are refusing to bend. Drop the stubbornness and let go. Life is flow, life is movement; and to be comfortable, we must be flexible and move with it. A willow tree bends and sways and flows with the wind and is always graceful and at ease with life.
    and on page 186 of You Can Heal Your Life to move forward or overcome your issue:

Quote NEW THOUGHT PATTERNS

KNEE: Forgiveness, tolerance, compassion. I move forward without hesitation.
    Last edited by onevoice; 18th March 2023 at 12:56.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (18th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (18th July 2023)

+ Reply to Thread