Thread: The nature of evil in the modern world

1. Link to Post #21
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,219 times in 1,147 posts

Default Re: The nature of evil in the modern world

Quote Posted by Bruce G Charlton (here)
    @Journeyman - "Also, sorry if you've posted this elsewhere already and I've missed it, but where can I find your blog Bruce?"

It's on my profile page - but FYI: https://charltonteaching.blogspot.com/ To find the Boardman (or Steiner) stuff, do a word search from the box on the top left corner.

You can find all my other blogs from that - including one on Owen Barfield (Steiner's greatest disciple? Well, him or Tomberg.). I've just today floated the idea of a Barfield thread here on Avalon.
    Many thanks Bruce and apologies for not having the wit to check your profile first!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Journeyman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd March 2023), ExomatrixTV (13th April 2023), gini (22nd March 2023), Harmony (22nd March 2023), pabranno (21st March 2023), Pam (3rd March 2024)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,737 times in 487 posts

Bingo Pam.
    Exactly my thought. End of cycle,yuga.

We have mistaken (many not all) what we believe to be right as the same as doing what is right. We have mistaken writing words on a computer as being enough.

Do you believe this earth experience has always been inverted or is it the Sorathic frequency that has inverted everything? Perhaps the inversion completes itself at the end of a cycle , epoch, era or yuga. Whatever one wants to call it, it is the approaching that end of this system of things.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Frankie Pancakes For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bill Ryan (22nd March 2023), Bruce G Charlton (22nd March 2023), ExomatrixTV (13th April 2023), gini (23rd March 2023), Harmony (22nd March 2023), Jambo (13th April 2023), Pam (3rd March 2024), Reinhard (24th April 2023)

5. Link to Post #23
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,408 times in 276 posts

Although there are cycles on history; I regard history as primarily linear - so that every time is novel in key respects. In particular, this time is unprecedented in its most vital characteristics.

Therefore, I regard it as indeed the end of an era, but more: the end times. I do not understand what exactly this means, nor when it will be completed (it may have a very long time to run and the potential for new and good possibilities, depending on human choices and actions)...

I do not know (nor, I think, does anyone) the future; yet I believe that I can sense intuitively that we have begun the final dissolution, the final phase, of this mortal earthly incarnation.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bill Ryan (22nd March 2023), Eva2 (22nd March 2023), gini (23rd March 2023), Harmony (22nd March 2023), Jambo (13th April 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (25th March 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th March 2023), palehorse (23rd March 2023), Pam (3rd March 2024), Reinhard (24th April 2023)

7. Link to Post #24
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What happens to evil-affiliated souls in an age of materialism?

Where do they go, what do they do?

[The answer I am working-towards (and what follows should be regarded as tentative and exploratory); is that the evil-dead may become doppelgangers. I will explain what is meant by this term - and how it happens. Here I used Rudolf Steiner's terminology and description of Ahrimanic evil; and some of Steiner's insights set forth in the 2016-published book entitled The Electronic Doppelganger, especially the lecture he gave on on 16/11/1917.]

The matter of what happens to the dead who have committed to the side of evil is interesting; because this is an age of Materialism in which the dominant form of evil is 'Ahrimanic' - that is, coldly-cruel, materialistic, controlling, bureaucratic; an 'Antichrist'-type of evil that pretends to 'good' (i.e. altruism) and does its work of damnation behind a facade of 'caring' (healthism, antiracism, environmentalism, sexual liberation and rights, etc.).

So - Materialism is the dominant ideology in our world - indeed, the only working ideology in public discourse. And Materialism has it that there is no God, no soul, no spiritual, no afterlife, no Beings, no love; the really-real is only that which is perceived by senses and physics, and modelled/ measured by mathematical and symbolic abstractions.

Materialism mostly says that death is annihilation. It says that we die and nothing of our 'self' is left-behind.

But there is another possibility, a 'loophole' - not offered to all, but aspired-to by groups with the character of initiates ('secret societies', one might call them). I mean the transhumanist project of the abolition of aging and death by technology, of indefinite 'life extension' of a material kind.

This combines with another strand of transhumanism which aims to combine Man and computer - in a cyborg fashion; which aims (in various ways - surgical, electronic, genetic etc.) to 'integrate' the electronic and digital world of the computer, with the living flesh of Men.

This technological pseudo-salvation has been taken-up by some strands of explicit transhumanism; and also, but without that name, is now mainstream, dominant, global public policy; being a strategy for the Ruling Establishment in their UN Agenda 2030, the Great Reset idea and others.

Idea about what might happen to sustain 'life' (or personal identity) after death, have been propagated in various ways: such as the mind being like a computer, and therefore down-loadable onto a computer; the 'cryogenic' idea of preserving a brain for future reanimation; and even the common Hollywood (hence presumptively evil-motivated) trope that 'we live-on' after biological death, 'in the memories/ hearts of those who remain alive'.

This trope may - deceptively - have an occult, almost-literal meaning intended; behind the sentimental metaphor.

Ancient Greeks and Hebrews, and probably others unrecorded, had an understanding that death was (mostly) a matter of the spirit being severed from the body; and surviving in an Underworld (Hades, Sheol...) as witless, gibbering, demented ghosts without consciousness or free agency or sense of self - but not suffering.

Perhaps those materialists who want to live forever in a material way, are offered a 'deal' whereby - instead of going to the underworld (or to Heaven, which they usually disbelieve; and wouldn't want if they did believe it) - they instead remain on earth and involved with earthly life in return for serving the Satanic agenda.

This is achieved by these 'ghosts' living-on in the material 'minds' ('brains', 'hearts') of the secret societies, and of any other men who the secret brotherhoods persuade ('brainwash') into providing brain-space' to these spirits.

This may be one actuality of Biblical Hell; which is often referenced to being on earth, with demons being ghosts of the evil-affiliated deceased, still active among living people - i.e. the 'principalities and powers' - serving the agenda of Satan who is thus a 'ruler' of the earth in a literal sense.

This would mean that Satan and the demonic powers recruit not just living Men to their side - including in secret societies dedicated to evil; but that some of these same Men, when they die, desire or consent to become 'evil ghosts', remaining on earth and still active in this world, in a form of perpetuated, materialistic (but not embodied) life; a 'reward' for which they pay by being bound to the service of Satan.

The idea is that these spirits of the evil and deceased are materially instantiated in the brains, minds, symbols, rituals etc of living Men.

These 'evil ghosts' live-on in the minds and brains ('hearts') of Men of the secret societies - Men who believe-in, know, and side-with Satan: the servants of Satan, in other words.

These Satanic servants are are aware of the evil-ghostly doppelganger of the deceased, consent to its inhabitation; and use the evil-ghosts in their evil strategies - e.g. for gathering information and covertly influencing other men.

And the evil-ghosts also live-on among the masses of materialistic unrepentant sinners, who have taken Satan's side against God. These masses are unconscious of being hosts of evil-ghosts; indeed they do not believe in ghosts, do not believe in Satan - and are standard, unthinking dupes to the incoherent ideology of Materialism.

These masses of un-conscious, ignorant, God-denying, Satan-affiliated yet Satan-Disbelieving Men; are therefore acted-upon by the evil-ghosts of self-damned Men. This is one possible meaning of the term 'doppelganger' - the evil-double, unconsciously-hosted, and unconsciously-influencing the minds of those who host it.

These are the dupes of Satan, rather than his servants.

And they are legion.

[Note: As always, the spiritual 'law' is that evil must be consented-to, must be - like an archetypal vampire - be 'invited-in', invited to cross the threshold into the mind. This, at least, must be a conscious decision. It corresponds to what some people call 'taking the ticket' - the Faustian bargain which is presented to almost everybody, nowadays sooner rather than later; of knowingly consenting to do evil, in return for some worldly advantage. But then afterwards most people explain-away, bury, and deny this decisive corrupting-event - saying to themselves that they 'did nothing wrong'; and therefore they never repent it and must take the consequences. Of course, repentance would immediately negate the damnation, and anybody can repent at any time (albeit on certain conditions); but typical modern people do not believe in the reality or possibility of repentance.]

Evil ghosts may also live-on after biological death by inhabiting electronic devices, such as computers and the internet.

This is possible because of the pseudo-brain/ nervous system, quasi-intelligent, cognitive-processing qualities of modern electronic media.

Of course, 'electronic media' are not distinct from (not separable-from) Men's thinking - indeed nothing is distinct from Men's thinking (except primordial chaos). In other words, God's creation is made by thinking, as well as from 'stuff'. Our thinking is inextricably part of the world.

What this means is that we should think of electronic media, computers, the internet etc as part of the web of human thinking, continuous with human thinking, and indeed sustained-by human thinking.

And this is the inverse of the transhumanist ideology, which considers human thinking to be wholly a matter of brain activity; and brain activity to be wholly abstract mental processing, which processing can then be instantiated in electronic media.

The transhumanist ideology makes the possibility of its own validation.

To conclude, Hell on earth is the hosting of evil-ghosts (who are the post-mortal spirits of evil men) by the minds of Men who have joined-with the agenda of Satan; and by the electronic media that are manifestations of materialistic, hence Satanic, thinking.

Hell lives in the mind of evil-affiliated (unrepentant) materialistic Men, who may well be a majority of Men, here-and-now.

These evil-ghosts can only influence by consent; so the doppelganger must be 'invited-in'.

A few Men (servants of Satan) are aware of this 'double' and manipulate it, for evil purposes; but most (dupes of Satan) are unaware or in denial - and are therefore open to manipulation by their doppelganger.

The vast modern world of electronic media also provides a dwelling place for these evil-ghosts; but again they can only influence those who 'invite them in' to their minds, for example those who are willingly addicted-to, and who subordinate themselves to, the ideology, propaganda and manipulation of the mass media.

Those who know the reality of purposive spiritual evil, can discern demonic influence, and refuse their consent to being used-by-it - such are immune to the evil doppelgangers of mind and machine.
    Last edited by Bruce G Charlton; 25th March 2023 at 10:30.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), ExomatrixTV (13th April 2023), Harmony (25th March 2023), Jambo (13th April 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (25th March 2023), Journeyman (13th April 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th March 2023), pueblo (25th March 2023)

9. Link to Post #25
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,749 times in 531 posts

Hi Bruce. Recently I started to read your threads and posts here and also found your blogs. I am just starting to discover the different ones (blogs).

Maybe it is so that what you describe in your blog (http://geniusfamine.blogspot.com/) can be one (the only one?) anti-dote to the nature of evil in the modern world?

It'sq quite true and obvious that the number of endogenous personalities nowadays is way, way lower than it used to be. And why? In my opinion, because of the technological "advances" (transhumanist trends and the like) in societies.

You could draw a graph with the number of endogenous personalities ānd the number/degree of "technological advances". The former declines as the latter rises. It's somewhat logical too. 50 years ago people could quite easily "calculate in their heads"; a few years ago (I was teaching in high school for a while), it could be noticed how youngsters needed a calculator for everything, even the most simple sums.

It's why I am convinced that today's polarisation, is one of "transhumanism" versus "back to Nature". It is only very sad that so very, very few people seem to be aware of that.

It is very useful to bring back into our memories what Rudolf Steiner (and a few others) predicted and foresaw.

That's why the "nature of evil in the modern world" has as its opposite/opponent what you describe as : the Creative Triad of (1) Innate high ability, (2) Inner motivation and (3) Intuitive thinking. It is indeed the endogenous personality versus the exogenous personality.

It is also why the 2030-agenda, transhumanism, "automatisation" and the like are pushed so heavily today. Making everyone "comply" (to something which is "Ahrimanic" for sure) and destroy, get rid off, eliminate... everyone who does not, is what we can see happening today everywhere and all the time. Sadly, 99.9% of the public prefers a sort of "ostrich-mentality" instead of doing something about it.

I would strongly suggest a new thread on PA about your blog http://geniusfamine.blogspot.com

And I will continue reading it today, while I suggest that as many as possible others do the same.

Thanks so much for your contributions.

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), Brian Miles Kobernuss (28th September 2023), Bruce G Charlton (25th March 2023), Ewan (25th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (13th April 2023), gini (12th April 2023), Harmony (25th March 2023), Icare (12th April 2023), Jambo (13th April 2023), Johnnycomelately (12th April 2023), Journeyman (13th April 2023), Miller (25th March 2023), mizo (25th March 2023), Pam (3rd March 2024), pueblo (25th March 2023)

11. Link to Post #26
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Johan (Keyholder) (here)
    Hi Bruce. Recently I started to read your threads and posts here and also found your blogs. I am just starting to discover the different ones (blogs).

Maybe it is so that what you describe in your blog (http://geniusfamine.blogspot.com/) can be one (the only one?) anti-dote to the nature of evil in the modern world?

It'sq quite true and obvious that the number of endogenous personalities nowadays is way, way lower than it used to be. And why? In my opinion, because of the technological "advances" (transhumanist trends and the like) in societies.

You could draw a graph with the number of endogenous personalities ānd the number/degree of "technological advances". The former declines as the latter rises. It's somewhat logical too. 50 years ago people could quite easily "calculate in their heads"; a few years ago (I was teaching in high school for a while), it could be noticed how youngsters needed a calculator for everything, even the most simple sums.

It's why I am convinced that today's polarisation, is one of "transhumanism" versus "back to Nature". It is only very sad that so very, very few people seem to be aware of that.

It is very useful to bring back into our memories what Rudolf Steiner (and a few others) predicted and foresaw.

That's why the "nature of evil in the modern world" has as its opposite/opponent what you describe as : the Creative Triad of (1) Innate high ability, (2) Inner motivation and (3) Intuitive thinking. It is indeed the endogenous personality versus the exogenous personality.

It is also why the 2030-agenda, transhumanism, "automatisation" and the like are pushed so heavily today. Making everyone "comply" (to something which is "Ahrimanic" for sure) and destroy, get rid off, eliminate... everyone who does not, is what we can see happening today everywhere and all the time. Sadly, 99.9% of the public prefers a sort of "ostrich-mentality" instead of doing something about it.

I would strongly suggest a new thread on PA about your blog http://geniusfamine.blogspot.com

And I will continue reading it today, while I suggest that as many as possible others do the same.

Thanks so much for your contributions.
    @Johan - Kind words, and appreciated!

I shall certainly consider launching a 'genius' thread as you suggest. I have launched my first two Forum threads in the past week, so I will probably wait a few more days before trying another.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), Ewan (25th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (13th April 2023), Harmony (25th March 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (25th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (12th April 2023), Journeyman (13th April 2023), Miller (25th March 2023), Pam (3rd March 2024)

13. Link to Post #27
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,749 times in 531 posts

@Bruce - thanks!

I just started a new thread, in "Spirituality", which was in-spired by your MouseUtopia-blog.

Glad that you are on PA!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), Ewan (25th March 2023), ExomatrixTV (13th April 2023), Harmony (25th March 2023), Pam (3rd March 2024)

15. Link to Post #28
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,115 times in 21,069 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Everyone has their part to play. Not one can be removed from the act, not one more added.

We are all co-conspirators.

By the willful act of perception alone, we find ourselves here and in the part we play.

God is not at war, we are.
    In my view, the main reason we do not like to be deceived by those who are PROVEN to be deceived is that these so-called: gullible "good people" are the reason why Evil can impose new insane unconstitutional laws and take away fundamental human rights successfully all to serve "the greater good" based upon (unchallenged) PROVABLE LIES & DECEPTIONS >>> blindly trusted & believed by gullible "good people".

• Without this mechanism, Evil would have ZERO CHANCE!

Evil has a symbiotic relationship with gullible "good people" <<< and these so-called "good people" do not want to be challenged using all kinds of "guilt tactics" and "counter narratives" spoon-fed to them by among others totally corrupt "fact-checkers" sites. Who still are not held accountable for being provable wrong so many times ... meanwhile millions of people are wrongfully silenced, buried, flagged, shadowbanned, delisted, censored, losing their social media accounts etc. etc.

Quote Truly understanding what "Self-Determination Rights" are ... is knowing it is the exact opposite of what WEF minions are doing worldwide with their Technocratic Tyrannical Dystopian "Global Governance" aka "Agenda2030" & "NetZero2050"
    Having a conspiracy theory is not that different from having a crime theory ... so who exactly benefits if certain crime theories are not further investigated and systematically downplayed & marginalized?

* If a conspiracy is (partly) in the open does not make it any less criminal nor less harmful ...

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), Harmony (19th May 2023), Johnnycomelately (12th April 2023), Pam (3rd March 2024)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

Sorath divides Mankind into more-and-more, smaller-and-smaller, self-identified victim groups; each resentful-of and pitted-against each other. The aim is eventually for each person to feel alone, consumed by feelings of thwarted entitlement, and hatred of the world; and living in permanent fear of a whole world of other people, each of whom resents and hates the solo-victim just as he hates them.

And then - eventually - Sorath's intent is that everyone, without exception, should die in fear and despair.
    Hi Bruce
    This wreaks of identity politics which, I believe, is evil to the core. Identity politics creates victims faster as Lucifer or Sorath can pass out joints at a rock concert. I understand that you are creating different categories for a new way to look at or address evil but I feel that evil is evil.

All war always has been and always will be evil to the core. For me, looking at and examing evil in the biblical sense is about as evil as it can get. We have not progressed enough to understand that thinking and speaking of war is just as evil as acting out in war. Who the participants are make no difference.

Sadly:
    We can't have love without hate
    We can't have peace without war
    We can't have grace and God without Lucifer and evil.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bassplayer1 (12th April 2023), Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), gini (12th April 2023), Harmony (19th May 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (12th April 2023), Miller (13th April 2023), Pam (3rd March 2024), T Smith (12th April 2023)

19. Link to Post #30
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)

Sorath divides Mankind into more-and-more, smaller-and-smaller, self-identified victim groups; each resentful-of and pitted-against each other. The aim is eventually for each person to feel alone, consumed by feelings of thwarted entitlement, and hatred of the world; and living in permanent fear of a whole world of other people, each of whom resents and hates the solo-victim just as he hates them.

And then - eventually - Sorath's intent is that everyone, without exception, should die in fear and despair.
    Hi Bruce
    This wreaks of identity politics which, I believe, is evil to the core. Identity politics creates victims faster as Lucifer or Sorath can pass out joints at a rock concert. I understand that you are creating different categories for a new way to look at or address evil but I feel that evil is evil.

All war always has been and always will be evil to the core. For me, looking at and examing evil in the biblical sense is about as evil as it can get. We have not progressed enough to understand that thinking and speaking of war is just as evil as acting out in war. Who the participants are make no difference.

Sadly:
    We can't have love without hate
    We can't have peace without war
    We can't have grace and God without Lucifer and evil.
    I agree with you that evil is ultimately one thing - which is, for me, opposition to the purposes of divine creation); nonetheless I have found it very helpful to highlight neglected kinds of evil. Everybody recognizes such evils as otrture and murder, but spiritually speaking the world, and every person in it, are full of many other evils.

Examples include the evil of all forms of misleading - selective misrepresentation, the Big Lie, hype and spin... all of it. And the innate evil of bureaucracy. Spite as an especially evil motivation (because it may be purely negative; disinterested, even self-harming).

So it is well worth looking at subtypes of evil, especially in a world of officially sanctioned value-inversion - and where the older evils are relatively rare and the new evils often regarded as goods.

I disagree with your implication that war is the worst of possible evils. It certainly is evil; but there are sometimes things that are worse than war; just as there are situations when accepting death is better than doing what it takes to continue life. Anyone who believes in a life after death, would presumably agree that this mortal life is not everything.

This mortal life is often about discerning and doing the lesser of evils - only seldom can we avoid evil altogether.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bassplayer1 (12th April 2023), Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), ExomatrixTV (13th April 2023), Harmony (19th May 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (12th April 2023), Journeyman (13th April 2023), Miller (13th April 2023), Pam (3rd March 2024), rgray222 (12th April 2023)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,142 times in 8,307 posts

The evil that's most potent and threatening right now is the False Light movement.

It's positioned itself carefully to hoover up all the resistance to the oldskool "bad-guys" that have been exposed recently.

The Satanic agenda, ultimately, is to replace god. Lots of fake light is required to pull that off. . . . . enough to fool even the very "elect"
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bassplayer1 (12th April 2023), Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), gini (14th April 2023), Harmony (19th May 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (12th April 2023), Journeyman (13th April 2023)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

I disagree with your implication that war is the worst of possible evils. It certainly is evil, but there are sometimes things that are worse than war;
    Bruce, I don't want to get too off-topic on this thread but what, in your opinion could possibly be eviler than war? War encompasses every evil imaginable, from genocide to ethnic cleansing to the senseless murder of infants and children. War is the wanton absence of God. War is sanctioned by the country committing it and somehow permitted by people around the world that are witnessing it. When war is raging it is a worldwide atrocity committed by every human on this planet beyond the age of reason. Assessing blame or finding fault for why or how war starts is a mistake of monumental proportions. Once that discussion starts it means evil has slipped past the gates and is on a rampage through humanity.

For many years of my life I thought war necessary but today every fiber in my body screams evil. As you can see I have a fairly modest opinion on war (lol).

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), ExomatrixTV (13th April 2023), gini (14th April 2023), Harmony (19th May 2023), Pam (3rd March 2024)

25. Link to Post #33
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    I disagree with your implication that war is the worst of possible evils. It certainly is evil, but there are sometimes things that are worse than war;
    Bruce, I don't want to get too off-topic on this thread but what, in your opinion could possibly be eviler than war? War encompasses every evil imaginable, from genocide to ethnic cleansing to the senseless murder of infants and children. War is the wanton absence of God. War is sanctioned by the country committing it and somehow permitted by people around the world that are witnessing it. When war is raging it is a worldwide atrocity committed by every human on this planet beyond the age of reason. Assessing blame or finding fault for why or how war starts is a mistake of monumental proportions. Once that discussion starts it means evil has slipped past the gates and is on a rampage through humanity.

For many years of my life I thought war necessary but today every fiber in my body screams evil. As you can see I have a fairly modest opinion on war (lol).
    "what, in your opinion could possibly be eviler than war?"

I think the problem is that by "war" you are using an abstraction that you are defining by the worst of wars, in which (say) both sides have evil motivations and there is no honour in the conduct. Not all wars, and not everywhere in every war, is this the case. I think you would find it difficult to defend a proposition that all-possible-wars are always more-evil than every-possible-alternative.

And, of course, the alternative to war may be (has sometimes been) genocide - which might be defined as one-sided war waged without restraint against whole populations.

In other words, it takes only one side to commit the worst atrocities of war - the question then is whether the intended-to-be-genocided side accepts their own annihilation - or else the only alternative may be to engage in war.

Short of genocide, a similar situation may prevail with cultural annihilation, enslavement, or deliberate spiritual corruption.

Sometimes the choice is to accept such consequences, or to engage in war.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), Harmony (19th May 2023), Miller (13th April 2023), NancyV (12th April 2023), Pam (3rd March 2024), rgray222 (18th July 2023)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

It's really easy to understand.
    MORALITY - A system or collection of ideas of right and wrong conduct.
    MORALITY SIMPLIFIED
    Morality is simple - it is a choice based on survival - dead things can't choose - and it depends on which law you follow.
    There are two sets of laws:
    • 1. Law of love, and
    • 2. Law of the jungle.
    Under the law of love, harmless activity in support of one's "right to life" is moral / good. Harmful action is "bad". Self sacrifice for the benefit of another is the “highest good.”

Under the law of the jungle, predators are "good", and prey are "good to eat". Prey who fight back are "bad". Sacrificing others for one’s own gain is the rule, not the exception.

Defending against predators is never a violation of the law of love, because the alternative is to surrender to evil, and that's unmerciful to their next victim.

There is no "gray morality." That's a buzzword used by predators to lull their prey into meek submission. And it is futile to appeal to a predator's "better nature." To a predator, they're "law abiding". The prey are dupes, gulls, patsies, chumps, marks, fools, and lambs, to be taken for all their worth.

I may be mistaken, but I think a civilization that follows the law of love is superior to one that follows the law of the jungle.

28. Link to Post #35
    Estonia Avalon Member
    Language
    Estonian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,088 times in 119 posts

Love = unselfishness . Law of the jungle seems to be about self preservation ,or selfishness.
    I think pretty much everything that we call evil comes from selfishness and ignorance.
    Behind every crime there is usually some kind of selfish motive ,or just plain ignorance.

It seems the worlds problems largely come from these 3 things - peoples poor understanding of themself (and their inner world),poor understanding of outside world/environment and poor understanding of how they are connected to it.

Everybody have a different understanding of these things.Our "self" is like an onion,made up of different layers.Some layers we know or sense rather strongly while others remain a mystery for us.We got this materialistic Ego that wants more and the spiritual self that wants to become more.

Everybody are born with their personality that is getting shaped by their knowledge and experience.Everybody got their different kinds of attitudes and appetites and if a person doesnt learn how to control them then the person will be controlled by them.
    I probably remember it wrongly but according to ancient egyptians there are 64 different personality types,and each of those have 8 or more sub-types.All kinds of different personalitys with their different level of understanding about things and with different attitudes and appetites,aspirations and ambitions. So everybody have some gray areas that could use some color and rough edges that need some polishing.One of the reasons why i think this modern schooling system is rather dumb.Different kind of people need different kind of guidance to learn how to control their different kind of appetites and attitudes.

Those selfish and materialistic people will surround themselves with all kinds of luxuries and will find more ways to fullfill their materialistic appetites. But in the end those things will bring them spiritual misery ,those appetites will keep on growing and they wont get the amount of happiness out of them as they would expect.
    According to FBI , Epstein was quite miserable person inside,although he was a billionaire living in luxury and had all kinds of sick means to fullfill his appetites . Yet he remained depresssed. Only one way out of spiritual misery/hell and that is to defeat our own ignorance and selfishness.
    What we dont understand, we misunderstand and with that comes negative attitude. Sadly people are largely occupied with entertaining their mind rather than training it.People dont direct their own attention,they let it be directed.Videos kill imagination,reading improves and develops it.One is used daily while other is being used less and less,and what people mostly bother to read is garbage anyway.
    All that social media nonsense is a blessing for egoistic and ignorant people who can spend alot of time in there,pimping for attention and approval .Instead of killing their materialistic ego they daily keep on putting effort on growing it instead.
    How to reverse that process,idk...

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaak For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), gini (14th April 2023), Harmony (19th May 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (22nd September 2023), Journeyman (13th April 2023)

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Amazing Polly has recently made a video talking about the nature of evil. Bitchute has blocked it for "incitement of hatred", in my country. It may be viewable elsewhere.

I found it reposted on Odysee by another uploader.

She has quite a lot to say.

..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), ClearWater (25th April 2023), Harmony (19th May 2023), jaybee (24th April 2023)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Amazing Polly has recently made a video talking about the nature of evil. Bitchute has blocked it for "incitement of hatred", in my country. It may be viewable elsewhere.

I found it reposted on Odysee by another uploader.

She has quite a lot to say.

I have a real problem understanding why she would have been blocked anywhere except for author's right infringement potentially (Scott Peck) or because of accusing vaccine compliant people of being evil (not just supporting evil but being evil) which would be inciting hatred. Because her whole speech is quite, but quite regular, for those starting on the path of understanding. Nothing new at all, most videos on narcissists and psychopaths go much farther than she does. In fact, I find her boring.

In my view, vaccine compliants were more lead by fear (which could be in itself stemming from evil) than by being evil themselves, ignorant fear. Nothing else.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th May 2023)

34. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,379 times in 5,725 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    In my view, vaccine compliants were more lead by fear (which could be in itself stemming from evil) than by being evil themselves, ignorant fear. Nothing else.
    I read that book years ago and it shaped how I understand Evil (Live backwards). Dedication to every permutation of LIE as evil. How many, many, many (on and on) people know what they contribute to is false and yet do it anyway. They justify it and that is Evil.

The fearful response might cause capitulation to what SHOULD be an innate repulsion. But the people of the Lie will become the champions (EVIL). Agreeing to taking an experimental shot despite (maybe) having qualms is taken to a new level of PROMOTING the shot (remember the badges on facebook), being blind to everything but dedication to "I had the shot so YOU must have the shot". The LIE is huge and all defaults to making sure participation is seen as "what people should do". The Evil is agreeing to participate to perpetuate even after we learn better.

The dedication becomes crusade denigrating those who declined (seen in various friend/family experiences) and DENYING even in the face of a reaction that it could BE the shot.

It is only possible because people have IGNORANCE of truth. People think they can live comfortably as long as they can hide what they choose. There is an idea that only what is exposed counts and virtue that no one sees is not important...only what is seen to be true and virtuous.

IGNORANCE that makes evil possible is a root that is hard to pull. We all need Scrooge's NDE.

Quote Ignorance and Want

"'Forgive me if I am not justified in what I ask,' said
    Scrooge, looking intently at the Spirit's robe,' but I see
    something strange, and not belonging to yourself, protruding
    from your skirts. Is it a foot or a claw.'

'It might be a claw, for the flesh there is upon it,' was
    the Spirit's sorrowful reply. 'Look here.'

From the foldings of its robe, it brought two children;
    wretched, abject, frightful, hideous, miserable. They knelt
    down at its feet, and clung upon the outside of its garment.

'Oh, Man. look here. Look, look, down here.' exclaimed the Ghost.

They were a boy and a girl. Yellow, meagre, ragged, scowling,
    wolfish; but prostrate, too, in their humility. Where
    graceful youth should have filled their features out, and
    touched them with its freshest tints, a stale and shrivelled
    hand, like that of age, had pinched, and twisted them, and
    pulled them into shreds. Where angels might have sat
    enthroned, devils lurked, and glared out menacing. No
    change, no degradation, no perversion of humanity, in any
    grade, through all the mysteries of wonderful creation, has
    monsters half so horrible and dread.

Scrooge started back, appalled. Having them shown to him
    in this way, he tried to say they were fine children, but
    the words choked themselves, rather than be parties to a lie
    of such enormous magnitude.

'Spirit. are they yours.' Scrooge could say no more.

'They are Man's,' said the Spirit, looking down upon
    them. 'And they cling to me, appealing from their fathers.
    This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both,
    and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy,
    for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the
    writing be erased. Deny it.' cried the Spirit, stretching out
    its hand towards the city. 'Slander those who tell it ye.
    Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse.
    And abide the end.'

'Have they no refuge or resource.' cried Scrooge.

'Are there no prisons.' said the Spirit, turning on him
    for the last time with his own words. 'Are there no workhouses.'"
    - A Christmas Carol, Stave 3: The Second of the Three Spirits
    Last edited by Delight; 24th April 2023 at 20:53.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), Flash (24th April 2023), Moss Rose (24th April 2023)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    I read that book years ago and it shaped how I understand Evil (Live backwards). Dedication to every permutation of LIE as evil. How many, many, many (on and on) people know what they contribute to is false and yet do it anyway. They justify it and that is Evil.

The fearful response might cause capitulation to what SHOULD be an innate repulsion. But the people of the Lie will become the champions (EVIL). Agreeing to taking an experimental shot despite (maybe) having qualms is taken to a new level of PROMOTING the shot (remember the badges on facebook), being blind to everything but dedication to "I had the shot so YOU must have the shot". The LIE is huge and all defaults to making sure participation is seen as "what people should do". The Evil is agreeing to participate to perpetuate even after we learn better.

The dedication becomes crusade denigrating those who declined (seen in various friend/family experiences) and DENYING even in the face of a reaction that it could BE the shot.

It is only possible because people have IGNORANCE of truth. People think they can live comfortably as long as they can hide what they choose. There is an idea that only what is exposed counts and virtue that no one sees is not important...only what is seen to be true and virtuous.

IGNORANCE that makes evil possible is a root that is hard to pull. We all need Scrooge's NDE.

Quote Ignorance and Want

"'Forgive me if I am not justified in what I ask,' said
    Scrooge, looking intently at the Spirit's robe,' but I see
    something strange, and not belonging to yourself, protruding
    from your skirts. Is it a foot or a claw.'

'It might be a claw, for the flesh there is upon it,' was
    the Spirit's sorrowful reply. 'Look here.'

From the foldings of its robe, it brought two children;
    wretched, abject, frightful, hideous, miserable. They knelt
    down at its feet, and clung upon the outside of its garment.

'Oh, Man. look here. Look, look, down here.' exclaimed the Ghost.

They were a boy and a girl. Yellow, meagre, ragged, scowling,
    wolfish; but prostrate, too, in their humility. Where
    graceful youth should have filled their features out, and
    touched them with its freshest tints, a stale and shrivelled
    hand, like that of age, had pinched, and twisted them, and
    pulled them into shreds. Where angels might have sat
    enthroned, devils lurked, and glared out menacing. No
    change, no degradation, no perversion of humanity, in any
    grade, through all the mysteries of wonderful creation, has
    monsters half so horrible and dread.

Scrooge started back, appalled. Having them shown to him
    in this way, he tried to say they were fine children, but
    the words choked themselves, rather than be parties to a lie
    of such enormous magnitude.

'Spirit. are they yours.' Scrooge could say no more.

'They are Man's,' said the Spirit, looking down upon
    them. 'And they cling to me, appealing from their fathers.
    This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both,
    and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy,
    for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the
    writing be erased. Deny it.' cried the Spirit, stretching out
    its hand towards the city. 'Slander those who tell it ye.
    Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse.
    And abide the end.'

'Have they no refuge or resource.' cried Scrooge.

'Are there no prisons.' said the Spirit, turning on him
    for the last time with his own words. 'Are there no workhouses.'"
    - A Christmas Carol, Stave 3: The Second of the Three Spirits
    I agree, ignorance of truth, and fear. In fact, ignorance of truth often lead to fear.

We saw it in all of history, every fascism thought start like this. However, there are recuperable fear based people and unrecuperable without fear psychos. The planet herself still respond to fear. It is ingrained in it for survival. As long as we remained in fear, we will be taken advantage of.

My first paradoxal question is how do we live without fear while remaining empathetic and heart-filled for all. And how do we limit fear to the immediate survival of the body (90 seconds reactions)?

My second paradoxal question is how would the main population understand the very complex world we are in - this takes a high level of intelligence. If not, how do we go through it for all to understand? My feeling is that it has to be related to heart, which the psychos don't have. It would be our winning edge. Bypassing the intelligently planned psychotic dystopia by using the heart. But how?
    Last edited by Flash; 24th April 2023 at 21:47.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), Delight (24th April 2023)

38. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Bypassing the intelligently planned psychotic dystopia by using the heart. But how?
    I think that's the factor we call faith. It's neither mind nor 'heart', quite, but in practice, it's as if it's the heart. I think the thing we call heart is really the entry point of whatever it is that comes directly to us from a 'source'.

The "how" is a different kind of thing from all the external "hows" of the mind intelligence world. It doesn't function by objective intent, as the mind versions of how work.

Faith is the other way around, or really, faith is the right way around. It's even magical, but not as a magical practice based on worldly objective intent, which would be black magic, instead.

There is no white magic, There's black magic, on one orientation, and faith on the other orientation. Somewhere in the middle is where most of us are.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

atman (12th June 2023), Bill Ryan (18th May 2023), Delight (24th April 2023), Moss Rose (24th April 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast