+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Humans are human

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,054 times in 2,398 posts

Default Humans are human

In light of all the fracturing of identities, both geopolitical and biological, I thought it might be worth reminding everyone that humans all face the same world, one with all its inherent problems, no matter where they were born in a geographical or political sense.

I'm not getting into the psychology of propaganda that comes with each geopolitical region, simply human beings surviving and living. So please leave that out of it as it really does not pertain to the topic I am trying to introduce.

We have more in common with a complete stranger than we can usually realise, almost trained to focus on differences from an early age - albeit not with an agenda (usually) from family. (But definitely with an agenda from the education departments of our various governments).

I'm aware the videos I post here are from social media channels who are possibly trying to raise a little money. So what? That's another aspect of our world we have to live with, for now.

Whilst we are almost bombarded with negative information about the current situation in the Ukraine here are a couple of videos from the Ukraine that show another side of life there.

---------------

Further afield, more remote to our daily awareness is Iran. Here is a recipe that made my mouth water.

---------------

I think it is worth remembering amidst all this chaos and disharmony that the majority, everywhere, are just trying to live their lives.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (24th March 2023), drneglector (24th March 2023), gord (25th March 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (25th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (24th March 2023), Miller (24th March 2023), Nasu (25th March 2023), Patient (25th March 2023), Peace in Oz (25th March 2023), RunningDeer (24th March 2023), Sue (Ayt) (24th March 2023), tessfreq (24th March 2023), wondering (25th March 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,734 times in 1,428 posts

Default Re: Humans are human

Still on the subject of food, there's a channel on You Tube that shows Tribal People's reactions to western foods. Here's one where they try cheesecake, which is almost as gratifying as trying it yourself. And it demonstrates our similarities even though we seem worlds apart in other ways.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (24th March 2023), Ewan (24th March 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (25th March 2023), Johnnycomelately (24th March 2023), Nasu (25th March 2023), wondering (25th March 2023)

+ Reply to Thread