+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simple post: wait an hour or two before drinking coffee in the morning

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    In a galaxy not too far away from where you are right now
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 times in 409 posts

Default Simple post: wait an hour or two before drinking coffee in the morning

This is a quick post inspired by Bill Ryan's comment that he was drinking coffee at 6am.

Tsk tsk, Bill. So much wisdom and yet you don't know this

The body naturally produces cortisol when you wake up - so does coffee, but they do not stack. It is better to wait a few hours until the natural cortisol declines, then drink coffee.

Try it for a few days and let us know the difference.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ortisol-coffee

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

Docim369 (31st March 2023), Ernie Nemeth (1st April 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st April 2023), Franny (1st April 2023), gini (30th March 2023), gord (31st March 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (1st April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Journeyman (1st April 2023), Mercedes (2nd April 2023), palehorse (2nd April 2023), pueblo (1st April 2023), Sue (Ayt) (30th March 2023), Sunny-side-up (30th March 2023), thepainterdoug (1st April 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default Re: Simple post: wait an hour or two before drinking coffee in the morning

Cognitive Dissident/ speaking for my self , what I know versus what i do are often quite at odds with each other . I have, or shall I say choose to have some bad or lazy habits, contrary to my knowledge.

most recently i woke up sleeping on my cell phone. lol

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (1st April 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st April 2023), Franny (1st April 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (1st April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Mercedes (2nd April 2023), Miller (8th April 2023), palehorse (2nd April 2023), pueblo (1st April 2023), Sunny-side-up (1st April 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,661 times in 480 posts

Default Re: Simple post: wait an hour or two before drinking coffee in the morning

I use coffee to wake up. If I wait an hour or two, I'll fall back asleep and when I wake up again I'll want a cup of coffee, but will have to wait an hour or two?
    Sounds Sid Vicious to me.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Frankie Pancakes For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (1st April 2023), ExomatrixTV (1st April 2023), Franny (1st April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Mercedes (2nd April 2023), palehorse (2nd April 2023), Pris (8th April 2023), thepainterdoug (1st April 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Another tip is to drink 500ml+ of fresh clean water before you get into the coffee.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (1st April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Journeyman (1st April 2023), Mercedes (2nd April 2023), Miller (8th April 2023), palehorse (2nd April 2023), thepainterdoug (1st April 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,702 times in 20,824 posts

I do not smoke ... am allergic to alcohol, so I do not drink, never ever been "drunk" ... I live without using smartphone every day radiating erratic pulsed microwaves (use only in emergencies) ... sleep really well, never use sleeping pills ... refuse to take big pharma chemicals my whole life ... eat GMO-free & eco-friendly food ... do not drink "tab water"... rarely eat fast food ... do not drink Coca-Cola nor the likes of it ...
    • The only "sin" on health I allow myself to have is drinking coffee (my only feel good "drug"). So I really do not mind drinking coffee for all the reasons above! ... it is all about balance.
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 2nd April 2023 at 06:55.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Docim369 (2nd April 2023), Ernie Nemeth (1st April 2023), Johnnycomelately (2nd April 2023), Mercedes (2nd April 2023), palehorse (2nd April 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,572 posts

The only thing that really make sense to drink in the morning is water. Coffee/Tea will dehydrates us more, dehydration thickens the blood, we need a good refill of water first thing in the morning. it is simple to do.

Also avoid all sort of fats in the morning, we have to work in favor of the body not against it. The liver overworks every time we ingest lots of fat. I observed how Buddhist monks manage their meals throughout the day, they have 1 real meal (very nutritious) per day at 11AM, but they are awake at 3:30AM that's when their day start.

First thing after wake up, drink water!!!
    First meal is after morning meditation and chanting around 5:50/6:00AM it is a rice porridge with veggies/herbs (not all monks goes for this meal)
    Second meal is lunch at 11:00AM (main meal)
    After second meal they ingest only liquids (water/tea/coffee/milk) for the rest of the day (no extra meals). But hey, that's only for the monks who follow their votes rigidly.

Nobody drinks coffee in the morning inside a Buddhist temple, I think it was interesting to mention it, because I had been in retreats in diverse occasions and observed their behavior, and I followed exactly their guide lines regarding diet. I would say they eat very little for my standards, I felt hungry for 7 days, it was a great experience after all and helped me to change and get rid of diverse junk food in my life.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (2nd April 2023), Mercedes (2nd April 2023), Miller (8th April 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,702 times in 20,824 posts

• CAFFEINE Controversy: Neuroscientist's Explanation May Surprise You-Matthew Walker
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th April 2023 at 14:27.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Miller (8th April 2023), Pris (8th April 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,207 times in 2,396 posts

I haven't touched coffee in decades.

Pure distilled water (zero ppm). I've been drinking it for over a decade and attempt to drink a gallon per day. Attempt.

The idea here is that whatever bad is done to the body, a gallon of pure distilled water can help heal (per day for average physique).
    "I think, Sebastian, therefore I am."

16. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,207 times in 2,396 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    • CAFFEINE Controversy: Neuroscientist's Explanation May Surprise You-Matthew Walker

So, in other words....

<<<THIS IS CAFFEINE ON YOUR BRAIN>>>

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3
    "I think, Sebastian, therefore I am."

+ Reply to Thread