+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Potassium vs Sodium vs Fungus & Cancer

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 times in 146 posts

Default Potassium vs Sodium vs Fungus & Cancer

Potassium vs Sodium vs Fungus & Cancer

As I promised.. my latest research and personal test prove this is valid. Potassium deficiency and Sodium Excess leads to numerous serious health problems.

Since MDs have been trying to kill me and my buddies for at least the last 11 years.. my varied research remains.. active, out of necessity. 

And since Dr. Davis, UnDoctored author, said.. "People who die from Alzheimer’s ... brains light up like a lightbulb .. with Fungus, when they perform an autopsy on them. Where did the Fungus come from. the Gut.  Leaky gut is a real thing."

Well, that helped clear up my concern Leaky Gut was a False condition... which I highly suspected.  So I started paying more attention. In effect he was saying... "Fungus causes Alzheimer’s" .. IMHO>  

A friend.. mentioned that Dr. Doug Kaufmann, PhD was all about Fungus.. and insisted that I look at his info. He post "Know The Cause" videos online.. The cause is Fungus causes all disease... and Fungus Causes or Turns into Cancer!   
                Well, I know Fungus can turn into cancer.. because the one I had on my scalp did. . 

I listened to some of his audiobooks..  Then I started looking more at treating my scalp specifically for Fungus.        
    I searched for links of Fungus + Cancer.. Fungus + Alzheimer’s Fungus + Natural Therapy.. Fungus + Nutritional Deficiency..  

Bingo... a plant showed up that had fungus on it.. and was treated with Potassium Magnesium... that stopped it almost instantly.. 
    [COLOR="red"]Potassium is a Fungicide[/COLOR]
    A fungicide disrupts either energy producing reactions or
    a chemical building (synthesis) reaction within the target fungus.

Searching Potassium + Cancer, Potassium + Alzheimer’s.. Potassium + Fungus..  I came across Dr. Berg - Epidemic of Potassium video online. 

I take Cream of Tartar = Potassium as an energy drink when I work outside in the heat.. for long. But frankly knew nothing about it. 
    The Epidemic is.. a Potassium Deficiency.. but worst.. a excess of Sodium in the diet that blocks Potassium from entering the Cell Walls.. 
    Getting interesting.. and this does what?  

Dr. Berg mentions the symptoms of muscle cramps, muscle twitching, water retention in limbs.. all of which I had slightly.   Then at the end of the video.. he says.. "Potassium helps ALL SKIN Problems!"  End of video.. Humm is he talking in code.. like does Potassium Kills Skin Cancer? Having Cream of Tartar with me.. I decided to take it daily.. 1/8tsp @ 2 times a day.. and my scalp improved the very next day ! Just like the plant had. Over some 4 months.. 80% of my scalp issue has healed.. only the largest problem spots are left. I am not taking 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tarter 3 times a day.  1 tsp = 14-19% of the daily requirement. 

Everyone is Deficient in Potassium ... As the Daily Requirements are For Men 4,700mg/day.. 4,300mg for Women..

POTASSIUM: The Most Important Electrolyte Yet an Ignored Epidemic - Dr. Berg

http://<font color="blue"><b>https:/...b3T96PU</font>

Now I really started digging for why this worked.. I was already off most of my supplements.. being busy repairing my rentals.. So I stopped all supplements to test this.. and gradually added some back.. Nothing changed.. the scalp just kept healing every day. I was stunned. 

No MD I discussed this with had a clue.. after all "Everyone’s Potassium Blood Level is Normal."  So how could this be?  I realized what robotic mindless these MDs were. "The problem is in the cells.. being an Imbalance of Potassium vs Sodium"   But chemically why is this?

Connection Between Cancer & Potassium Deficiency !
    "The Fertile Ground for Cancer to Grow Started with the biochemistry in which (Increased} Sodium Displaced Potassium in the Cells" !
    Dr. Max Gerson.. a Research MD on Cancer and Diet in the 1950’s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWRpViiQiq4
    The Potassium Conspiracy, Part II

Potassium enters the cells of the body via the "Potassium-Sodium Channel" via an electrical charge.. as both are Electrolyte. The stronger Potassium pushed Sodium out of the Cell so it can work..
    if you have enough Potassium in your body.. otherwise.. if you are Deficient.. the body does not work right. and it gets worst.. the worst the imbalance. 
    Way too much Sodium contributes to the problem in a major way.

Doug Kaufman interviewing Italian Oncologist Dr. Tullio Simoncini, details a new theory of cancer ...
    DR. TULLIO SIMONCINI WRITES
    His idea is that cancer doesn’t depend on mysterious causes (genetic, immunological or auto immunological as the official oncology proposes, but it comes down from a simple fungal infection, whose destroying power in the deep tissues is actually under estimated.

A Vet’s husband had a new MD visit him and talked for 3 hours.. He said.. "Cancer is a Fungus... Everyone knows it and in 10 years the public will realize it." 

I found a video from 35 years ago.. MD looking at cancer under microscope.. 
    He finds no cancer that does not have fungus or bacteria in them. 
    Videos shows fungus mycotoxins invading red blood cells.. to mature.
    Then spread to other blood cells.. acting like cancer spreads. , 

Just like Doug Kaufmann, PhD ... "Know the Cause" ... claims. 

So Logically …
    If Fungus causes Alzheimer’s
    If Fungus causes Cancer 
    If Potassium Kills Fungus ... like on plants
    Potassium being a Fungicide – and Kills Fungus
    Then Potassium Kills or Prevents Alzheimer’s and Cancer !

Potassium, sodium, and cancer: a review
    B Jansson1
    Affiliations expand
    • PMID: 9216787
    Abstract
    Agents known or believed to be carcinogenic decrease the concentration of potassium and increase the concentration of sodium in the cells. Anticarcinogenic agents have the opposite effect. In all cases where we have information on an agent’s carcinogenicity or anticarcinogenicity and on that agent’s effects on cellular potassium and sodium concentrations the above relationships have been found to be true. Dietary carcinogenic agents studied include sodium, cadmium, fat, cholesterol, calories, and alcohol; dietary anticarcinogenic agents include potassium, vitamins A, C, and D, selenium, and fiber. The effect of calcium intake is less clear as that effect depends on the concentrations on sodium and potassium. Not only dietary agents but also other carcinogenic and anticarcinogenic agents work in the same way. The cancer-causing drug dimethylhydrazine increases sodium and decreases potassium in the cells, whereas, for example, indomethacin, an anticarcinogen, has the opposite effect. In aging potassium leaves the cells, sodium enters them, and the rates of cancer increase. Patients with hyperkalemic diseases (Parkinson, Addison) have reduced cancer rates, and patients with hypokalemic diseases (alcoholism, obesity, stress) have increased cancer rates.

Potassium in plants: Growth regulation, signaling, and environmental stress tolerance
    https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plaphy.2022.01.001Get rights and content

Abstract
    Potassium (K) is an essential element for the growth and development of plants; however, its scarcity or excessive level leads to distortion of numerous functions in plants. It takes part in the control of various significant functions in plant advancement. Because of the importance index, K (Potassium) is regarded second after nitrogen for whole plant growth. Approximately, higher than 60 enzymes are reliant on K for activation within the plant system, in which K plays a vital function as a regulator.
    The article also focuses upon the uptake and transport mechanisms of K along with its role in detoxification of reactive oxygen species and in conferring tolerance to plants against abiotic stresses.

Geographic cancer risk and intracellular potassium/sodium ratios

Cancer Detect Prev
    . 1986;9(3-4):171-94.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3527413/
    B Jansson
    • PMID: 3527413
    Abstract

Geopathological, dietary, gerontological, and geophysiological data, data on electrolyte concentrations in healthy cells and in the corresponding tumor cells, and data on the potassium status of patients with different diseases and the associations of these diseases with cancer revealed a common denominator in the potassium-sodium-cancer relationship. A number of independent studies showed that the concentration of intracellular potassium was negatively correlated to cancer rates, whereas the concentration of intracellular sodium was positively correlated to cancer rates. The ratio between the concentrations of intracellular potassium and sodium was negatively correlated to cancer rates and was of greater importance in this respect than the two elements individually. The relations between these concentrations and cancer rates are hyperbolic rather than linear, which explains the fact that two independent carcinogenic agents are synergistic rather than additive.

...Potassium (K) is a vital macronutrient and has significant roles in plants like osmoregulation, membrane potential regulation, cotransport of sugars, stress adaption and growth ...K performs regulatory roles in diverse biochemical processes related to protein synthesis, carbohydrate metabolism and enzyme activation

...K+ sustains ion homeostasis and controls the osmotic balance

...K is allied with the activities of enzymes involved in ROS detoxification (Hasanuzzaman et al., 2020). Potassium activates the adenosine triphosphate (ATP) synthase enzyme (Juhaszova et al., 2019) which impacts the plasma membrane

...These protection systems mainly indicate its role in ion homeostasis, cellular integrity and enzymatic activities.

...Conclusion K+ is crucial for the plants from the early phase of growth to vegetative growth and under stressed environments. In addition to its involvement in chemical structures, its high levels in the cells can reduce the adverse effects of various stresses like extreme temperatures, salinity, water stress and metal toxicity

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

aledum (24th May 2023), Alexmcph (2nd August 2023), atman (22nd May 2023), Bill Ryan (22nd May 2023), Ewan (23rd May 2023), ExomatrixTV (22nd May 2023), gini (23rd May 2023), Harmony (23rd May 2023), Heart to heart (24th May 2023), Ioneo (22nd May 2023), Jambo (23rd May 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (25th May 2023), LifeAngel (24th May 2023), Nasu (24th May 2023), onevoice (25th May 2023), Pam (7th June 2023), Peace in Oz (22nd May 2023), Pris (24th May 2023), ronny (23rd May 2023), s7e6e (23rd May 2023), Sadieblue (23rd May 2023), Sue (Ayt) (22nd May 2023), Sunny (24th May 2023), Sunny-side-up (23rd May 2023), Suzi E (23rd May 2023), thepainterdoug (23rd May 2023), TravelerJim (23rd May 2023), Vicus (23rd May 2023), Yvanka (25th May 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,858 times in 2,592 posts

Default Re: Potassium vs Sodium vs Fungus & Cancer

I would guess over-processing is largely responsible for taking out the natural balance of our salt, just like so many other things.
    I have used sea salt rather than white table salt for years. The only thing that I see that might be lacking a bit is the iodine that they add to white table salt, so I take a drop of Lugols to make up for that.

"Table salt is the granulated white salt seen in most saltshakers. Table salt is typically mined from underground deposits. It's processed to remove other minerals. "
    "Sea salt is a general term for salt produced by evaporation of ocean water or water from saltwater lakes. It is less processed than table salt and retains trace minerals. These minerals add flavor and color. Sea salt is available as fine grains or crystals."
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...0or%20crystals.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Alecs (24th May 2023), atman (22nd May 2023), Bill Ryan (22nd May 2023), Ewan (23rd May 2023), ExomatrixTV (22nd May 2023), Harmony (23rd May 2023), Ioneo (22nd May 2023), Jambo (23rd May 2023), Nasu (24th May 2023), Pam (7th June 2023), Peace in Oz (22nd May 2023), Sadieblue (23rd May 2023), Sunny-side-up (23rd May 2023), Vicus (23rd May 2023), Yvanka (25th May 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,499 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    I have used sea salt rather than white table salt for years. The only thing that I see that might be lacking a bit is the iodine that they add to white table salt, so I take a drop of Lugols to make up for that.
    I use this: (and I take a drop of Lugols iodine every day as well )

It's an Ecuadorian product, but the equivalent has to be everywhere in the US, UK, EU, AUS etc. It's half-half sodium/potassium, with a tiny bit of magnesium. I use it for almost everything, and if I ever use sea salt that always tastes very strong (salty!!) in comparison.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 22nd May 2023 at 22:33.

6. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (24th May 2023), atman (22nd May 2023), Ewan (23rd May 2023), ExomatrixTV (25th May 2023), gini (23rd May 2023), Harmony (23rd May 2023), Heart to heart (24th May 2023), Ioneo (22nd May 2023), Jambo (23rd May 2023), Nasu (24th May 2023), onevoice (25th May 2023), Pam (7th June 2023), Peace in Oz (23rd May 2023), Perdido (23rd May 2023), Sadieblue (23rd May 2023), Sue (Ayt) (23rd May 2023), Sunny (24th May 2023), Suzi E (23rd May 2023), thepainterdoug (23rd May 2023), Vicus (23rd May 2023), Yoda (23rd May 2023), Yvanka (25th May 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,273 times in 21,091 posts

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

atman (22nd May 2023), Bill Ryan (22nd May 2023), Ewan (23rd May 2023), Harmony (23rd May 2023), Ioneo (22nd May 2023), Jambo (25th May 2023), Nasu (24th May 2023), Pam (7th June 2023), Perdido (23rd May 2023), Sue (Ayt) (23rd May 2023), Yvanka (25th May 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1005102712.htm

A need for bananas? Dietary potassium regulates calcification of arteries
    Low dietary potassium leads to calcified arteries and aortic stiffness, while increased dietary potassium alleviates that in a mouse model, suggesting dietary potassium may protect against heart disease and death from heart disease in humans

October 5, 2017
    Source:
    University of Alabama at Birmingham

Summary:
    Researchers have shown, for the first time, that reduced dietary potassium promotes elevated aortic stiffness in a mouse model. Such arterial stiffness in humans is predictive of heart disease and death from heart disease, and it represents an important health problem for the nation. The researchers also found that increased dietary potassium levels lessened vascular calcification and aortic stiffness. Furthermore, they unraveled the molecular mechanism underlying the effects of low or high dietary potassium.

...Bananas and avocados -- foods that are rich in potassium -- may help protect against pathogenic vascular calcification, also known as hardening of the arteries.
    Last edited by Perdido; 23rd May 2023 at 19:42.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd May 2023), Ewan (23rd May 2023), ExomatrixTV (23rd May 2023), Harmony (23rd May 2023), Heart to heart (24th May 2023), Jambo (25th May 2023), Nasu (24th May 2023), Pam (7th June 2023), Pris (24th May 2023), Sunny (24th May 2023), Vangelo (23rd May 2023), Vicus (23rd May 2023), Yvanka (25th May 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Avalon Member Jambo's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,574 times in 165 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Sue (Ayt) (here)
    I use this: (and I take a drop of Lugols iodine every day as well )

It's an Ecuadorian product, but the equivalent has to be everywhere in the US, UK, EU, AUS etc. It's half-half sodium/potassium, with a tiny bit of magnesium. I use it for almost everything, and if I ever use sea salt that always tastes very strong (salty!!) in comparison.

I've bought similar myself.
    For information for others in the UK, this is called "Low Sodium Salt" (the generic name) in the supermarkets.

Example of a UK Branded product:

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jambo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd May 2023), Ewan (23rd May 2023), Harmony (23rd May 2023), Heart to heart (24th May 2023), Nasu (24th May 2023), Perdido (23rd May 2023), Sunny (24th May 2023), Vicus (23rd May 2023), Yvanka (25th May 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Potassium travels via the Potassium/Sodium channel to the cells.
    Potassium is one of the highest used minerals.. used in 60 channels in the body.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd May 2023), Casey Claar (24th May 2023), Harmony (24th May 2023), Jambo (25th May 2023), Nasu (24th May 2023), Pam (7th June 2023), Pris (24th May 2023), Yvanka (25th May 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

More About Potassium

Potassium is a vital electrolyte.

It’s estimated that people with high potassium blood levels have half the risk for heart attacks than those with normal levels of potassium.
    Where as one a day aspirins increase stroke risk.

Potassium and stroke

A prospective study of 43,000 men found that men in the top 1/5th of dietary potassium intake were only 62% as likely to have a stroke as those in the lowest 1.5th of potassium intake. This inverse association was also seen in men with hypertension.

A prospective study of 5,600 men and women older than 65 years found that low potassium intake was associated with significantly increased incidence of stoke.

...a study of nearly 2,000 elderly Taiwanese men, researchers found that those given a potassium-enriched salt substitute were 40 percent less likely to die of heart disease or stroke over the next two to three years.

... The study included 1,981 elderly men who were residents of a veterans’ retirement home. Half of the men were randomly assigned to eat meals prepared with the potassium-enriched salt...Over the next 30 months... men given the salt alternative were 40 percent less likely to die of cardiovascular disease.

...Potassium is the third most prevalent mineral in our bodies, exceeding even sodium. Potassium interacts with sodium for the above functions. It also uses sodium to balance our water levels. More importantly, it assists our body’s pH buffering to maintain a healthy slightly alkaline balance. This is critical to immunity and overall health.

Potassium helps dissolve excess calcium, preventing kidney stone formations and calcified tissues.
    A prospective study of more than 45,000 men followed for years found that those with high potassium intake were only half as likely to develop kidney stones as men whose intake was low. In a similar study involving women, those ingesting the highest amounts of potassium were found to be 65% less likely to develop kidney stones.

Not to worry about too much potassium. Excess potassium is easily eliminated by the kidneys. Extreme potassium deficiency causes death. Those who use cesium to effectively treat cancer are advised to have someone monitor their potassium levels. Cesium depletes potassium.

More actions of potassium in the body

Potassium regulates the beating of your heart. If you experience irregular heart beats, known as arrhythmias, your potassium levels may be low. Potassium also controls muscle functioning. It is the mineral that directs the transfer of nutrients through the cell membranes, a function that decreases with aging accounting for the circulatory damage, lethargy and weakness of old people.

Other signs of potassium deficiency

Warning symptoms of potassium deficiency include abnormally dry skin, acne, chills, cognitive impairment, constipation, depression, diarrhea, diminished reflexes, edema, nervousness, excessive thirst, glucose intolerance, growth impairment, hypoglycemia, high cholesterol levels, insomnia, low blood pressure, muscular fatigue, headaches, salt retention and hypersensitivity to salt, and respiratory distress. Hormone fluctuation may also result in reduced levels of potassium.

Use of diuretics or laxatives lowers potassium levels. Caffeine, tobacco and heavy sugar consumption reduce potassium absorption. Mental and physical stress can also lead to low potassium levels.

Sources of potassium

High amounts of potassium are found in fruits and vegetables, particularly potatoes, plums, prunes, raisins, bananas, tomatoes and tomato juice, orange juice, artichokes, lima beans, acorn squash, spinach, nuts and seeds, apricots, avocado and garlic. Other foods with substantial amounts of potassium are fish, meat, poultry, whole grains, yogurt, bee pollen, dulse, spirulina and chlorella.

Potassium is contained in multi-vitamin preparations although it may not be easily available to the body in this form. Potassium supplements are readily available as different salts such as potassium chloride, citrate, gluconate, aspartate, and orotate.

Quoted Sources

https://www.naturalnews.com/033301_p...t_attacks.html

https://www.naturalnews.com/020128_s...ium_risks.html

https://www.naturalnews.com/024539_p...dium_diet.html

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd May 2023), Ewan (24th May 2023), Harmony (24th May 2023), Jambo (25th May 2023), LifeAngel (24th May 2023), Nasu (24th May 2023), Pam (7th June 2023), Pris (24th May 2023), Sunny (24th May 2023), Yvanka (25th May 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,212 times in 2,396 posts

It's a good thing I eat lots of bananas then.

I do not add extra salt to my diet (it's about organic salt vs inorganic salt [what I try to avoid]). When I think I need it, I put food-grade iodine on my ankle. Occasionally, I eat organic, raw seaweed. I only drink distilled water (try for a gallon per day). And, I do Urine Therapy. I've been at this since 2011-2012.

With regard to the subject of this thread, I remember hearing Andrew Norton Webber describing the difference specifically between organic and inorganic salt(s) and why that matters.

In this video, Andrew talks about organic and inorganic minerals (a few minutes in). Note: the audio isn't the greatest:

Andrew Norton Webber: Distilled Liquids and their Effect on Organic Creatures 2d

OVERVIEW

Dec 16, 2010
    "Andrew Norton Webber, artist --presenting his lecture on Distilled Liquids and their Effect on Organic Creatures in the Conference Center of Resort de Agua del Hierro (RAH) in the pristine sacred valley of Vilcabamba in Southern Ecuador."

Also, here's a link to the page on Andrew's website that shares information on organic vs inorganic minerals:

https://www.aquariusthewaterbearer.c...om-our-bodies/

This is maybe a wee bit off topic, but since this is really about staying as healthy as possible and avoiding the growth of cancer/fungus in the body (I also heard that processed sugar feeds cancer/fungus)... I want to share this video interview with Andrew Norton Webber about the importance of drinking pure water (about a gallon per day for average-sized adult) to maintain health:

Andrew Norton Webber w' Lisa Harrison

OVERVIEW

Apr 25, 2012
    "Andrew has important information to share regarding distilled water and it's benefits to your physical, emotional, mental, even spiritual health."

http://www.lisamharrison.com/
    http://aquariusthewaterbearer.com/

https://www.facebook.com/DistilledWat...

DISTILLED WATERS CONFERENCE

MOUNT SHASTA RESORT

MOUNT SHASTA, CALIFORNIA AUGUST 18 & 19, 2012

Andrew Norton Webber

Independent researcher and founder of Aquariusthewaterbearer.com

"Andrew presents the original cleaning and maintenance instructions for the human body. He demonstrates how the four 'distilled waters' (machine-made distilled water, all precipitation [rain, mist, snow, dew and fog], urine, and all raw fruit and vegetable juices) clean the body. He shines light on the dis-information campaign designed to obfuscate the truth regarding this knowledge.
    maintenance instructions for the human body."

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2023), gini (24th May 2023), Harmony (25th May 2023), Jambo (25th May 2023), Pam (7th June 2023), Perdido (25th May 2023), Yvanka (25th May 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Interesting ... I was buying a 50/50 sodium/potassium salt blend a while back (trying to cut back on my excessive sodium intake) but then read some crap about how potassium chloride wasn't good for your kidneys (possibly a pharma sponsored article) ... I think I might go back to buying it.

I've been eating tons of leafy greens (Romaine lettuce, radish greens, arugula, pigweed (some wild weed that grows everywhere), from the greenhouse already this year (we got an early start here in western Canada with summer like weather in May) and I have been feeling much healthier and stronger after having a few health issues and joint pain - I'm pretty sure its the greens helping, which happen to be extremely high in vit K and potassium.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2023), Ewan (25th May 2023), Harmony (25th May 2023), Jambo (25th May 2023), Pam (7th June 2023), Peace in Oz (25th May 2023), Perdido (25th May 2023), Pris (25th May 2023), Yvanka (25th May 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,053 times in 2,398 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    how potassium chloride wasn't good for your kidneys
    As I understand it, one of the functions of your kidneys is getting rid of excess potassium, so IF your kidneys are not working properly the potassium build up in your blood stream will induce a heart attack eventually.

I did have a book that described the sodium/potassium pump that operated in every cell of the body and was written so well that even I understood it. Sadly I seem to have misplaced it in the move and cannot tell you the title.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2023), DeDukshyn (25th May 2023), Harmony (25th May 2023), Jambo (25th May 2023), Pam (7th June 2023), Perdido (25th May 2023), Pris (25th May 2023), Vicus (25th May 2023), Yvanka (25th May 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Book - The High Blood Pressure Solution:
    A Scientifically Proven Program for Preventing Strokes and Heart Disease

Richard D. Moore, M.D. & Biophysicist

Product Information
    - Proves that the majority of cases of stroke, heart attack, and hypertension can easily be prevented by maintaining the proper ratio of potassium to sodium in the diet.
    - Updated with scientific evidence from a recent Finnish study showing a 60 percent decline in deaths attributed to strokes and heart attacks. - Provides a comprehensive program for balancing body chemistry at the cellular level. High blood pressure is entirely preventable, without reliance on synthetic drugs. Dr. Moore's approach is simple: by maintaining the proper ratio of potassium to sodium in the diet, blood pressure can be regulated at the cellular level, preventing the development of hypertension and the high incidence of strokes and heart attacks associated with it. Dr. Moore updates this edition with a new preface reporting on the latest scientific research in support of his program. The most striking results come from Finland, where for several decades sodium chloride has been replaced nationwide with a commercial sodium/potassium mixture, resulting in a 60 percent decline nationwide in deaths attributed to strokes and heart attacks. Extrapolated to America, the Finnish statistics would mean 360,000 strokes prevented and 96,000 lives saved every year. Dr. Moore makes it clear that high blood pressure is only one symptom of an entire systemic imbalance. He outlines a safe, effective program that focuses on nutrition, weight loss, and exercise to bring the entire body chemistry into balance. For those currently taking blood pressure medications, he includes a chapter on working with your physician to ensure that any reduction in hypertension drugs can be effected gradually and safely.

Reviews:

A fantastic treatment presented in a simple, practical, logical order for the patient and physician as well. Here is a book that needed to be written., This is the finest blend of science and healing I've seen in a very long time. . . . this is the medicine of the future!, Should be required reading for everyone, especially those who have a familial history of high blood pressure, or those who have already been diagnosed as having high blood pressure.

Table of Content
    The High Blood Pressure Solution A Scientifically Proven Program for Preventing Strokes and Heart Disease
    Acknowledgments How to Use This Book PREFACE TO THE SECOND EDITION Hypertension Can Be Prevented and Cured Introduction
    Why Haven't You Heard of These Developments?

Part One: The Problem 1. What is High Blood Pressure?
    2. Drugs--The Usual Treatment Part Two: The Answer: Moving From the Myth of Control to a Balance with Nature
    3. Hypertension: Much More than Just High Blood Pressure!
    4. The Action the Cell Membrane
    5. High Blood Pressure Is Not Inevitable: Cultural Evidence
    6. Working with the Wisdom of the Body: An Adequate K Factor Lowers Blood Pressure and Prolongs Life 7. Hypertension: A Variation of Syndrome X
    8. Other Factors that Influence Blood Pressure Part Three: The Program
    9. Step One: See Your Doctor
    10.Step Two: Eat Right
    11.Step Three: Exercise
    12 Step Four: Help Your Body Find Its Proper Weight Part Four: The Workbook
    13. The Workbook Part Five: Additional Considerations
    14. Why the Emphasis on Drugs
    15. Additional Evidence: Low Dietary K Factor--A Main Cause of Primary Hypertension
    Part Six: Salt, Blood Pressure Regulation, and Drug Action
    16. How Important Is Salt?
    17. How the Kidneys, Hormones, and Nervous System Work Together to Control Blood Pressure
    18. Anti-hypertensive Drugs Part Seven: For the Physician
    19. Information for the Physician

Topic
    Neurology, Health & Healing / Low SALT, Alternative & Complementary Medicine, Diet & Nutrition / Nutrition, Healing, Cardiology
     Lots of good info but...
    Reviewed in the United States on May 30, 2013

Some not so good. This otherwise fine book is marred by the author's bias against fats and bias in favor of carbohydrates. The low-fat theory of health maintenance has been challenged as of late -- it's more about good fat vs bad fats than it is about low-fat -- and a diet too low in the proper fats can be quite unhealthy. And carbs convert to sugars in the body, so excess amounts of carbs (especially simple carbs) in the diet definitely contribute to weight gain and other ills. The high carb/low fat diet this book recommends would be deadly for the diabetics in my family, but the sodium/potassium information this book offers is extremely valuable. Also, I very much like the author's emphasis on the importance fresh, unprocessed, and whole foods -- except he doesn't seem to realize that "skim" milk and "lowfat" yogurt are processed, and therefore, not *whole*.

(PS: Coconut oil, Butter, Olive Oil. Avacodo Oil are all good for you)

Prudent Advice for Hypertension
    Reviewed in the United States on May 8, 2012

After a few introductory chapters, which are basically a preview of what you will learn in detail in the book, Moore gets into the biochemical aspects of what causes high blood pressure. He talks about the various different "pumps" related to cellular function such as sodium/potassium pump, the calcium pump, and the sodium/hydrogen exchange pump. It is the action of these pumps that he connects to the development of high blood pressure. As Moore sees it, blood pressure is just a symptom that is usually treated with drugs. He contents, however, that just treating the pressure does not get at the root cause of the problem.

The crux of the matter is what Moore calls the K-factor. This is simply the ratio of potassium to sodium in your diet. He recommends a K-factor of at least four, that is, you should be taking in four times as much potassium as sodium. Note that the total amounts of each, in addition to the ratio, are also important. This has a beneficial effect on cellular function and produces a blood pressure lowering effect. In the chapter called The Workbook, he provides a table of the potassium, sodium, and K-factor for many commonly eaten foods. I found chapter seventeen interesting where we learn how the kidneys, hormones, and the nervous system work together to control blood pressure.

Advice is also given about other things that can help lower blood pressure such as exercise, weight loss, and diet. In fact, he devotes a chapter to each subject. Moore is not a fan of using medications to treat blood pressure. He believes that by following the recommendations in the book, most people will find their need for drugs greatly diminished or eliminated.

So, will it work for you? Good question. I can give you my opinion based on reading this book and previous knowledge of the subject. I definitely think following the dietary advice in this book will be helpful. I think that it is a good idea to increase potassium intake via foods and reduce sodium intake. As Moore points out, studies have shown that doing this results in lower stroke-related deaths even if blood pressure isn't lowered. One also needs the required amount of magnesium and calcium in the diet. All these can help with blood pressure. I don't think everyone will get their pressure low enough to eliminate drugs or other interventions, however.
    EVERY medical doctor in the UK should read this, ( but they probably won't)
    Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 17, 2011

Some people are just not going to like this book. if you own shares in a drug company, - then please look away now.

It is written by a Professor in Biophysics who took time out to qualify as an MD(Medical Doctor in the USA) so he could better understand his subject. It is written for us, the public, and also for Doctors, particularly GPs. Every fact stated and every piece of research that has been used is cross-referenced at the back of the book and accounts for nearly 10% of the contents. As the prof. says, nothing new is published in this book, but he has brought it all together from various sources such as medical trials and long-buried research papers etc.
    To put it bluntly High Blood Pressure is not, for 95% of the population, an illness or disease. It is a symptom that something is not right with a your body. Conventional medicine treats symptoms with man-made drugs that earn the drug companies $billions and leave behind a swathe of patients that suffer strokes, heart attacks, permanent disabilities and death because the doctors have mostly been brain-washed into believing that manufactured drugs are the answer. The fact that artificial drugs can reduce your bp readings does not indicate their safety or efficacy in preventing hypertension, strokes or heart disease.
    Finland reduced the incidence of death by both strokes and heart attacks by 60% as well as a significant decrease in high blood pressure across the WHOLE COUNTRY.

No, I hadn't heard about it and I bet neither you or your doctor has either.

What did they do in Finland? They replaced table salt, sodium chloride (NaCl) with a commercial mixture, called Pansalt, which contains 57% sodium chloride, 28% potassium chloride, 12% magnesium and 2% lysine.

This is not suitable for 5% or so of the population which is why you are strongly advised to consult your GP with this book before following his K Factor diet. "K" standing for potassium (potatoes and bananas are full of the stuff) and "diet" is not a terribly appropriate word since all you have to do is reduce salt and increase potassium uptake. The book contains a list of foodstuffs giving their sodium and potassium content.

Pansalt is not currently available in the UK although there is a Scottish made product called LoSalt that has potassium and sodium chloride only in it.

Read the book, go to his website address at the end of the book and make sure you are not on any of the "high blood pressure" medication that increases the risk of incidence of death by 20-25% like my wife was.

Extremely interesting for everyone, not just those with high bp
    Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 17, 2008

This book is written by a biophysicist and medical doctor and the effect sodium has on cells in the body is described from physical principals that are scientifically proven. This is then augmented with compelling anthropological evidence and case studies. It makes extremely interesting reading and I got through it very quickly.

What you should know:

Lowering salt/sodium intake alone is of no use at all unless you can actually decrease the ratio of sodium to potassium that you eat.

High blood pressure is just one of the more visible symptoms caused by not getting enough potassium compared to sodium. If you eat too much salt then you can still be at high risk of heart disease and stroke even without having high blood pressure.

Blood pressure medicine can lower your blood pressure without significantly lowering your risk of heart disease and stroke (and in some cases increase the rates of mortality).

If you change your diet to get more potassium and less sodium, you can lower your blood pressure but more importantly avoid other problems such as insulin resistance/diabetes etc.

The published recommended daily amounts for salt are much too high and you should aim for much less.

I don't have high blood pressure and I read this book because I have family that do. I have now made changes to my diet and am recommending the same to other healthy friends. Much better to do it before you have a problem as some of the effects of salt are irreversible if unchecked for too long (like hardening of arteries).
    A Must Read For All
    Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 23, 2014

This book could change millions of lives for the better. It should be read even by those with 'normal' blood pressure. It's astonishing that every doctor is not fully aware of a very simple message (described in scientific detail, as well as basic language, which I noticed some reviewers didn't like, but personally I felt the detail was interesting and added to the book) - hypertension can be cured (or prevented) as can the many conditions linked to it, just by making a few very simple changes in diet.

Every doctor in the country should promote this and save the NHS millions. More importantly, millions of lives could be lengthened and improved without the many unpleasant side-effects of antihypertensive drugs and other medication.
    All you need to know is to eat less salt and more vegetables and beans and that hibiscus tea and flaxseed are amazing for reducing blood pressure.
    Lower your blood pressure easily and without drugs
    Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 11, 2010

This book provides a detailed explanation of the causes of high blood pressure/hypertension and how you can reduce it and lessen the risks of heart attack, stroke or diabetes. It explains how simple dietary changes and exercise can lower cholesterol and blood pressure naturally, without the side-effects associated with the drugs normally prescribed for hypertension. The book contains detailed medical/scientific explanations, but much of this can be skipped if required and you can 'cut to the chase' and start cutting out salt and excess fat and increasing your intake of potassium-rich foods.

... An inexpensive blood-pressure monitor (Omron MX2 Basic, available from Amazon, is a good choice) and this book can help see your blood pressure fall to a safe, healthy level and keep it there - providing you follow the instructions!
    Strong theory, misguided practical recommendations
    Reviewed in the United States on August 29, 2013

There are many things to like about this book: the science of how potassium and insulin influence blood pressure via the Na/K-pumps is strong and well presented. The discussion of Ouabain (or endogenous digitalis-like substance/factor: EDLS/EDLF) is great, coming from the expert on this important but poorly understood hormone. And I really like that the author looks to our ancestors for guidance on our health, leading him to recommend unprocessed foods.

But, this great theory becomes a fairly poorly thought-out program: An Ornish-inspired diet (low-fat, high carb, including pasta and rice) but with extra omega-6 vegetable oils, and an exercise program focused on lots of endurance cardio work! Given the theory, it would be much more reasonable to recommend a lower-carb, non-inflammatory diet, including fatty fish (or krill oil). By sticking to whole, unprocessed foods, that will keep the K-factor high, while minimizing insulin and inflammation. Moore recommends eating pasta and rice, yet these foods are relatively poor in potassium, given their high carb content! Roots and tubers are much better starch sources with plenty of potassium. Moore also recommends completely eliminating salt and salty foods. I did not find the science behind this convincing; I think aiming for 6 g K and 1.5 g Na is more reasonable, and that leaves room for some salting to taste and occasional salty foods like fermented vegetables, cheese, and even bacon (you can rinse some of the salt off). I do like, though, that Moore emphasizes magnesium, and I like his emphasis on gradual change.

Although Moore occasionally talks about ancestral diets, he seems to have a very poor grasp of them. For instance, he cites a paper on the Inuit diet, claiming that the Inuit threw away the fat of the animals. That is indeed described in this paper, but what's important to note is that they threw out only the PUFA-rich sea-mammal "blubber", not the fat-rich organs. Indeed, every anthropological study of hunter-gatherers describe how the fatty parts were eaten first (brain, organs, bone marrow and stomach contents). Among the Inuit, the lean cuts were given to the dogs!

I would recommend this book for someone interested in the biology of blood-pressure regulation, including the roles of minerals (potassium, sodium, magnesium and calcium) and hormones (insulin, ouabain, adrenergic etc). I would not recommend this book for its practical program. Instead I would highly recommend Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet's The Perfect Health Diet.
     Works, but too many carbs if you don't do it right...
    Reviewed in the United States on January 18, 2016

My husband started developing mild high blood pressure. He usually ran about 120/80 but would hit 135/90 on occasion.

We used the ideas of added potassium from dietary sources and it did help lower his numbers for about 3 years and kept them lower. Eventually he needed more intervention. We used the Resperate biofeedback device as well and this helped too.

Eventually though he became diabetic. He was in pre-diabetic levels before this (though we did not know it at the time, as his doctor neglected to mention this) as his blood pressure started to rise. His blood pressure went to 145 on the top number at this time. He did have to take a single very mild blood pressure pill at this point at a low dose.

What lowered his blood pressure the most, was lowering his blood sugar through Metformin and a ketogenic, low carb diet (which also lowered his weight by 20 lbs into a normal range) (now also wheat & gluten free per Dr. William Davis of the "Wheat Belly" series. Please read books by Jenny Ruhl, Dr. Richard Bernstein and any in the Atkins series for great advice. We stay below 50 net carbs (total carbs minus fiber) a day to be ketogenic.

I still think this is a good book and that there is a lot of truth to the lack of dietary potassium (and magnesium). I just think that the sources should be lower in carbs than the sources he was using before (bananas, black strap molasseses, tomato juice). There is no denying the improvement upping the potassium made on his numbers, just be careful to choose low carb veggies and foods:

-broccoli
    -cabbage
    -green beans
    -romaine or iceburg lettuce
    -squash
    -spinach
    -cauliflower
    -walnuts
    -almonds
    -pecans

It is not as easy to get as much potassium as it was when he ate high carb (oatmeal with 2 bannanas, 2 T blackstrap molasses for example for breakfast). For him lowering the blood sugar was the most important thing and did lower the blood pressure. He now reads about 110 on his top number with the low carb diet and the single low dose blood pressure pill.

If his blood pressure ever fluctuates or tries to go higher, instead of upping his dose, we'd try to add more potassium because it did seem to help.
    Good science, poor program...
    Reviewed in the United States on October 6, 2003

For the science portion of this book, I would give it a solid 4 stars. The author spends a good amount of time showing how several minerals work with your body's cells to keep your body functioning well. He has various studies to back his claims, and has a reasonable basis for his elemental potassium to sodium ratio. ...

However, the action plan would only garner 2 stars. While he is anti-establishment in terms of treating blood pressure, he falls right in line with the establishment in terms of dietary recommendations (either vegetarian or near vegetarian and an extreme phobia of fats) despite the fact that many other scientists have proven that fat is perfectly fine for you (check out Dr. Ellis's Ultimate Diet Secrets for a good summary of the various studies that prove low-carb diets are perfectly healthy)...even going so far to recommend an extreme reduction in fat so you won't gain weight (extremely funny to me since I've lost 20 pounds in the last 2 months on a low carb / high fat diet). The most important thing that could be included in his book are tables showing the potassium levels in foods, but it is rather sparse. Further, he cooks his book a bit by purposefully highlighting vegetables and fruits, despite the fact that all unprocessed meats meet his criteria to lower blood pressure. For some people, I think it would have also been appropriate to at least examine supplements.
    Overall, there is enough information in this book to solve your blood pressure problems (I've reduced my blood pressure by 20 mmHg systolic and diastolic - and still on a low-carb diet). Too bad he chooses to push his vegetarian agenda instead of providing solid alternatives.

A Medically valid discovery how salt causes high blood pressure and other diseases. and what to do about it
    Reviewed in the United States on May 21, 2011

I hope most readers are young enough to change their salt consumption habits to allow it to make a difference before they have damaged their bodies beyond repair. This well supported expose of the role of the sodium pump within our body's cells and what happens when it goes wrong due to excessive consumption of salt, is a monumental eye opener. The cascade of events that occur with all the imbalances in every associated mineral and the biochemical, thus physiological consequences throughout our bodies via the cells, is clearly explained, step by step. It leaves no doubt that it is necessary to limit sodium chrolide in ours diets to the 500mg that the body actually needs to replace each day. Since the kidneys recycle all but that 500mg, even 2000 mg a day is excessive, it reveals, and most people consume way more than that on a daily basis. This has an affect of slowly "poisoning"* us. (*my word)It also goes on to demonstrate that is we consume enough potassium to counter balance some of the excess sodium, we can flavor our food without denying ourselves the pleasure of adding extra taste to our food. The foods to eat and the amounts (such as bananas, and other fruits and vegetables) plus the amounts to consume with the corresponding sodium intake to maintain a healthy sodium balance is conveniently provided. Plus education about reading labels on processed foods to assess sodium and potassium content (where provided) is also given. It makes the case that not only high blood pressure is directly caused by excess salt in our diet but also that insulin resistance, osteoporosis, diabeties mellitus, coronary artery disease and other diseases that occur as we get older could be prevented if we follow the advice provided in the book. If not too late, some of them can be reversed if steps are taken to correct our diet as well. This is not just diet fad stuff, it is supported by scientific studies and it is medically valid.
    You Will Learn A Lot About HBP
    Reviewed in the United States on November 21, 2012

This is a very informative and detailed book about the nature of high blood pressure and why, according to the author's view, it happens. This is a school of thought that an imbalance in the sodium-potassium exchange process occurs in the various cells in the body, including those lining the blood vessels, and causes them to constrict. His solution, based on his many years of researching this process, is that a very low-sodium, quite high potassium diet can help right the problem. He supports this by discussing the many cultures around the globe where HBP is virtually unknown because they follow such a diet. All good info. My problem with it is there are no carefully crafted studies he can come up with that proves the point definitively, other than that his associate researcher dropped his elevated blood pressure way down over a couple of years using the dietary approach. He also says, halfway through the book, that you may not experience any benefit from it at all. So I am calling this a "show me" review. I'm game and will try it to prove it one way or the other to myself as the idea of being "friended" by Big Pharma for a lifetime is not where I want to be. Once you get past some of the technical scientific info, the book is very readable and thought-provoking and this researcher has spent 40 years in the study of the sodium-potassium exchange process in the body so he knows something about the subject. Get a used copy of this book if you don't want to go full throttle. I think it's a keeper. We'll see.
    This book changed everything!
    Reviewed in the United States on February 1, 2005
    Verified Purchase
    I was 36 when I was diagnosed with hypertension and for the past 3.5 years I have struggled to keep my blood pressure under control. I've taken several different medications, many in combination but nothing really seemed to drop my readings below 140/95. A couple of months ago my doctor suggested Lotrel so once again I made a trip to the pharmacy and started taking the new drug---no change. Frustrated, I started a search for alternative medicines/etc. and in my research I came across this book and the K-factor diet. I followed the advice to the letter and within 1 week my readings started to plummet. 3 weeks in, my readings are anywhere from 111/69 to 127/74 and mostly on the lower end. I'll be honest, I did not read the book cover to cover, some of the really detailed sections were a little bit much for me. But I read enough to understand the concepts and apply them to my lifestyle. I now have an appointment with my doctor to start reducing my Lotrel and see if I can get off it altogether. He believes in medications so it will be interesting to see his reaction to there changes. If you are hypertensive, do yourself a favor, buy, beg-for, borrow or steal a copy of this book and follow the advice. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose!
     An Amazing Discovery
    Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2013
    Verified Purchase
    I was so frustrated with my doctors and their unwillingness to do anything but prescribe medicines with terrible side effects. On a beta blocker I couldn't breathe or exercise--even a flight of steps was an effort. I thought it might be stress and tried the machine Resperate but sent it back as it did nothing for me after a month.

So I started reading and researching and eventually found this book, which boiled it down to one correctable problem. After only one week religiously following this program my BP dropped by 20 points. I have found my "lifestyle". And I don't have to give up meat and go vegan which Bill Clinton did and I would be willing to do if it was the only thing to improve my BP and my overall heart health.

I haven't been hungry on the K Factor program but I am losing weight naturally--three pounds the first week. It's been challenging to find no-salt products but I purchased three salt free cookbooks on this site and that's been helpful. Yes, food tastes different and "flat" but I want to "eat to live".
     Worked for me!!
    Reviewed in the United States on October 25, 2010
    Verified Purchase
    Following this book's simple advice, I achieved a dramatic drop in blood pressure and have stopped taking blood pressure medicine.
    The author has his own idea about the cause of, and cure for, primary hypertension. This idea has not entered the medical mainstream. ... First, Dr. Moore's hypothesis explains some of the puzzles of hypertension, such as the fact that naturally low blood pressure confers better health than drug-lowered blood pressure. Second - and this is the reason you should read this book - following his dietary advice, I lowered my blood pressure from 150/90 to 110/75 - a drop hypertension "experts" assure us is is impossible without drugs. (I should add that I didn't follow the book's diet but simply used its principles to devise my own approach to eating.)
    A workable solution
    Reviewed in the United States on April 15, 2008

I am a kidney donor who became increasingly concerned about my remaining kidney when my blood pressure became elevated and my physician put me on medication. After I read this book, I decided to simply increase my potassium and reduce my sodium to comply with the author's low sodium/high potassium ratio. In real terms, this meant adding orange juice, bananas, potatoes, fruits, fresh vegetables and eliminating canned and processed foods and table salt. I monitored my blood pressure and the change was dramatic within days. My blood pressure is averaging 104/72. My goal is to come off of medication altogether. I highly recommend this book. It has made the difference for me.
     Very useful information
    Reviewed in the United States on August 9, 2013
    … there was a lot of great information relating to the cause and effect of High BP. The information on the study in Finland was worth the price of the book and it led me to trying a product called Cardia Salt which is similar to the Pan Salt used in Finland but easier to get here in the states.

Made the most difference in my blood pressure.
    Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2015

I bought this book years ago and read it and then just recently bought it again... I have to say that this book really helped me with lowering my blood pressure.. Before this book I never really understood the importance of potassium.. and that the ratio of salt to potassium is important.. The book is written so that it is easy enough for a layman to understand but also gives the answers that a medical person would want. I have bought copies of this book several times and given it to others... Would defiantly recommend.
    Excellent
    Reviewed in the United States on July 27, 2006

This book is amazing. It addresses more than just hypertension. It looks at the way blood pressure links up with diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol, and even the selective information (and disinformation) we receive from the corporate and medical establishment about this condition. As someone who works with stroke patients every single day, I can tell you the tragedy is real. Not allowing this simple, common sense message to be more widely disseminated is flat out unethical. This book does disseminate it. It is a light shining in the wilderness!

And parenthetically, it has helped me lower my blood pressure too!
    Only read this if your serious about your health.
    Reviewed in the United States on November 13, 2013

Read this and get off BP meds. BP meds don't extend your life! Like most drugs they address only the symptoms. This book addresses the cause/root of the problem.
    I have gone from 140-150 over 90-100 before reading this book to now 112-117 over 72-77. (below normal). Which is the goal of this book. It took me only 1 month to achieve this.
    Be prepared to give up alcohol though.
    Excellent book to help you take control of your health!
    Reviewed in the United States on July 9, 2013

The author has taught me so much about this disease and for the first time I feel I have the control to take my life into my own hands.
    His writings have confirmed what I have suspected about the drug business in the US for a long time.

Wished I could give this book more than 5 stars - it will change your life!
    All I can say about this book is God Bless, and keep the writer. I have been dealing with hypertension for many years, and finally now have relief.
    I didn't wish to go on hypertension drugs, as they have their own set of side effects, and then I would have to get drugs for those side effects, creating a side effect endless loop.
    One night getting ready to brush my teeth for bed, I noticed my face was beat red, which scared me into getting my first prescription for hypertension pills. At the high point I was taking three pills a day, high doses, and even at that only got my top number down to the 150's. So pretty much the hypertension was winning.
    I prayed every night for help, never giving up that there could be an answer, and finally found this book. I now follow the program as much as possible.
    Part of the program is salt reduction, but the other part that has been totally missed, it's the addition of potassium. I got a bottle of a multiple type of potassium from Solaray, figuring one type could be better than another type, but started out with a bottle of potassium that I had from Wal-Mart. The book also goes into the benefits of magnesium, so I got a bottle of that too.
    And of course the benefits of life style change.
    ... The upshot is, after only four weeks, my blood pressure is in the 130's and I am not taking any hypertension meds at all. I am keeping an eagle eye on the numbers, and if things start moving up, I will start to take the pills again as last resort. But so far things are good, and getting better and better.
    Also, I didn't realize how tired the hypertension pills were making me. I just thought it was because I was getting on in years - have never been this age before!? No. Am much less tired.
    In closing all I can say is get the book. It is the answer to my prayers, and could be to yours too.

Outstanding Work
    Well written book by not just a medical doctor but even better a research scientist who has been deeply involved with significant research in this area. A lay person will have no problems understanding the great damage salt does to ones health. The "Six Lines Of Evidence Point To The Same Conclusion" section in the preface is a well-stated summary of the contents of the book. One feature that I particularly like is the depth of information provided at the cellular level and the impact that potassium, sodium, and other minerals have therein. This section takes a bit more study that the remainder of the book, but I was pleased by the end result. This is a section that one could completely skip if not interested without distracting from the rest of the book. Through this book I have been able to understand my own blood pressure issues and bring my blood pressure under control without the aid of any medication. This book stands above all others that I have read on this subject, and I highly recommend it to anyone wishing to take charge of their own blood pressure issues. John P. Wheeler
    High Blood Pressure Reduction in a Nutshell
    This book has diets, medical advice, processes, and anecdotal information to help you reduce your Hypertension and keep it lower. In fact, this is one of the better books written with the lay person and the medical professional in mind. Easy to follow and understand, I especially appreciated the diet section, it is the hardest thing to work out at home and on the road if you travel and lot and need to reduce your salt and fat intake.

Get off the blood pressure pills!
    Researcher explains in great detail what most M.D.s don't even know about the true causes of high blood pressure and the straight forward ways to resolve it. Worked for me!

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2023), DeDukshyn (26th May 2023), Ewan (25th May 2023), Harmony (26th May 2023), Jambo (5th September 2023), Miller (25th May 2023), onevoice (25th May 2023), Sue (Ayt) (7th June 2023)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2023), Harmony (26th May 2023), Jambo (5th September 2023)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,053 times in 2,398 posts

Quote Posted by Perdido (here)
    Book - The High Blood Pressure Solution:
    A Scientifically Proven Program for Preventing Strokes and Heart Disease

Richard D. Moore, M.D. & Biophysicist
    That's the book, well done!

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th May 2023), DeDukshyn (26th May 2023), Harmony (26th May 2023), Jambo (5th September 2023), Perdido (30th July 2023)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

As a note of interest..

Via an Dr, MD, DMD, an Oral Surgeon that I had previously used, I managed to meet with a Dr, M.D. - Univ of Pitt Physician Dept of Otolaryngology - UMPC at his office Monday. He was very interested in my theory of a Potassium Deficiency and a Sodium Excess in the Cells ... With Potassium being an Antifungal, this deficiency leads to Fungus growth, and thus Cancer and Alzheimer's.

The Doctor stated that he believed Cancer is caused both by an Immunity issue and a Nutritional Issue, but the Medical System had not been able to identify it. "Mainly because there was no Money It Finding It. "

Without even presenting him with my printed info to him, he said he would start reading about it Monday night. In addition, I have a follow up appointment to meet him next week to discuss this.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

Ewan (7th June 2023), Harmony (7th June 2023), Jambo (5th September 2023), Sunny (8th June 2023)

+ Reply to Thread