+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Medical Systems: Future Potentials

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,776 times in 4,376 posts

Default Medical Systems: Future Potentials

... with honest physicians being de-licensed and ostracized, what are the possible push-backs and avenues?

5/31/2023 Merritt Medical Hour: Dr. Lee Merritt ft. Dr. David Hartsuch 53:17

Published Thursday

BrighteonTV

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Alecs (3rd June 2023), Bill Ryan (3rd June 2023), East Sun (3rd June 2023), Ewan (3rd June 2023), Harmony (4th June 2023), Icare (3rd June 2023), Miller (4th June 2023), NancyV (11th August 2023), norman (3rd June 2023), palehorse (11th August 2023), Pam (16th August 2023), Reinhard (4th June 2023), RunningDeer (4th June 2023), Sadieblue (4th June 2023), Stephanie (3rd June 2023), Vangelo (3rd June 2023), Violet3 (4th June 2023), wondering (4th June 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,380 times in 8,335 posts

Default Re: Medical Systems: Future Potentials

There's a Doctor called Adam Hardage, who spoke at Miami ReAwaken, who has set up a remote health (monthly subscription fee) service for the whole of the country (US).

That may work in the US but in the UK our system REQUIRES that everyone is REGISTERED with a N.H.S. doctor's' practice/group/trust. Leaving that system seems to be as impossible as leaving the system that gives everyone a social security number, we can't.

Dr Simone Gold is working on an alternative healthcare service too.

I've recently had a run-in with 'my doctor', who has popped up after 5 years of ignoring me. I call him my doctor but the man doesn't know me at all, other than as a spreadsheet on his office computer. I have a shortly upcoming appointment to see a different doctor at the same practice. I have 3 questions to ask him as soon as I walk in. If the answers are not what I require, I'm outta there too.

I could be on the road to a serious conflict with the NHS. I'm scared but I have to do this. My trust in the NHS was quite low for the last couple of decades but since 2020 it's gone into minus figures, and I'm about to explain to the second doctor in 2 months why that is so. It's a 2 pronged mission. I'm also trying to sniff out how culpable these ground level doctors are.

When I was in a waiting room to see the first doctor the first time, he poked his head around the corner from his office to call me wearing a mask. I obviously wasn't. I assume he decided after seeing I wasn't, that he could drop that pantomime and when I got into his office he was already maskless. Is that "considerate" or "play acting". I'm slowly getting to find out.

The scary part is that a doctor, or more precisely 2 of them, have the power to lock me up if they so decide.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2023), Ernie Nemeth (16th August 2023), Ewan (4th June 2023), Gwin Ru (3rd June 2023), Harmony (4th June 2023), Icare (3rd June 2023), Miller (4th June 2023), NancyV (11th August 2023), onawah (4th June 2023), Pam (4th June 2023), Peace in Oz (4th June 2023), Reinhard (4th June 2023), RunningDeer (4th June 2023), Sadieblue (4th June 2023), Stephanie (3rd June 2023), Sunny (4th June 2023), Violet3 (4th June 2023), wondering (4th June 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,229 times in 912 posts

I realize many Avalonians eschew mainstream medications, and I am very envious of them. I am not one of those, unfortunately, so I do what I must, which is seeing my Dr. every 6 months. Once a year I get an EKG, chest x-ray, blood work and follow up to what is considered of concern . My previous female DO, not MD, retired and I see someone else in the practice. He suggests, but doesn't insist on tests. I can live with it, because it's pretty much as good as it is going to get. My age isn't an excuse for this passivity on my part, but it is a partial reason. I do wonder sometimes what would happen if I stopped my medications...maybe there will be no choice at some future time. I believe things are going to change medically over the next 5 years, radically, and I don't think any of us really know what that will look like. No doubt very different in different countries.

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2023), Ernie Nemeth (4th June 2023), Ewan (4th June 2023), Gwin Ru (4th June 2023), Harmony (4th June 2023), Matthew (4th June 2023), Miller (4th June 2023), NancyV (11th August 2023), norman (4th June 2023), palehorse (11th August 2023), Pam (4th June 2023), RunningDeer (4th June 2023), Sadieblue (4th June 2023), Sunny (4th June 2023), Vangelo (16th August 2023), Violet3 (4th June 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,309 times in 307 posts

I have Dr. appointment every 6 months also...yet I haven't seen my primary doctor in three years. They always make my appt. with a Nurse Practitioner who works under my primary doctor, and that could vary also at times. It's a HMG group and you never know who you will be seeing most of the time.

A couple years ago I had to visit the Emergency Room for a cat bite, I was admitted to the hospital for
    a couple days by the ER doctor, my primary doctor nor anyone from his group visited me there, I was visited by what they call a hospitalist (a dedicated in-patient physician who works exclusively in a hospital.)
    Who knew nothing about me or had ever seen me before. That was new to me, that the hospitals do that now. I might add, he was a butt hole, I told him to sign my discharge papers, I was going home.

All our local hospitals around here where I live are now owned by a corporation, only out to make money.
    The doctors doing what they are being told to do. It's really sad.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sadieblue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2023), Ewan (4th June 2023), Gwin Ru (4th June 2023), Harmony (4th June 2023), Miller (4th June 2023), NancyV (11th August 2023), Pam (4th June 2023), Reinhard (4th June 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th August 2023), wondering (4th June 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,545 times in 20,693 posts

Good doctors are getting harder to find.
    If there is a Naturopath in your area who is still taking patients, that might be a good option.
    They can generally help in finding safe, natural remedies as alternatives to pharmaceuticals.
    It's often a question of what your insurance will pay for, and most of the insurance companies seem to be in cohoots with Big Pharma, so I think a lot of Naturopaths can't even accept insurance.
    But if you can find a Naturopath who is also an M.D. the chances of getting reimbursed by insurance are better.
    But there aren't a lot of them, so finding one at all might be a long shot.
    Naturopaths don't require all those pricey tests though, so in that sense, they can be pretty affordable.
    And given that they have a very different mindset to the medical establishment, I think they are much less likely to be in it for the money, plus they don't have to follow so many rules.
    And the kind of natural remedies they recommend are a lot less expensive than pharmaceuticals.

Quote Posted by wondering (here)
    I realize many Avalonians eschew mainstream medications, and I am very envious of them. I am not one of those, unfortunately, so I do what I must, which is seeing my Dr. every 6 months. Once a year I get an EKG, chest x-ray, blood work and follow up to what is considered of concern . My previous female DO, not MD, retired and I see someone else in the practice. He suggests, but doesn't insist on tests. I can live with it, because it's pretty much as good as it is going to get. My age isn't an excuse for this passivity on my part, but it is a partial reason. I do wonder sometimes what would happen if I stopped my medications...maybe there will be no choice at some future time. I believe things are going to change medically over the next 5 years, radically, and I don't think any of us really know what that will look like. No doubt very different in different countries.
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (4th June 2023), Bill Ryan (4th June 2023), East Sun (4th June 2023), Ewan (4th June 2023), Gwin Ru (4th June 2023), Harmony (4th June 2023), Matthew (4th June 2023), NancyV (11th August 2023), Pam (4th June 2023), Peace in Oz (5th June 2023), Sadieblue (5th June 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th August 2023), wondering (4th June 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,317 times in 4,085 posts

We've got a social split between pharmaceutical industry propaganda and political corruption, and natural remedies which have been suppressed since they are difficult to make money from. Also things that work are suppressed like cures for cancer. The pariah status of anything that opposes the pharmaceutical industry will grow for people still caught up in mainstream common knowledge. Anyone else will be smelly, dangerous, hippies. Personally I will be turning to my mate Dave first, who has jars of nature he's foraged, knows all the plants, recommends turmeric for almost everything (or at least it seems that way), and he made his own sars cure from lemons before he knew what HCQ was. Not saying I won't go to hospital, but some of their protocols are deadly and everyone is happy just following orders, it makes me think thrice.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th June 2023), East Sun (4th June 2023), Ewan (4th June 2023), Gwin Ru (4th June 2023), Harmony (4th June 2023), lake (4th June 2023), NancyV (11th August 2023), onawah (5th June 2023), Pam (4th June 2023), Peace in Oz (5th June 2023), Sadieblue (5th June 2023), Sue (Ayt) (4th June 2023), wondering (4th June 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,822 times in 2,591 posts

Karl Denninger chimes in with some timely, urgent advice. (He really tells it like it is.)

Choose Now: A Good Life or Miserable Death
    2023-08-05 08:35 by Karl Denninger

I've warned of this for more than a decade; it in fact drove me in 2011, post-Obamacare, to take maximum steps to evade ever needing medical care again. It also drove me to eschew ever setting up another company, despite my proved entrepreneurial success, because Obamacare made sure (and has continued to) that the second $25,000, roughly, that you earn has an approximate 80% effective tax rate while making the only way to evade the screwing to either work for someone else or make less than about $25,000 so you have what amounts to a cheap or even close-to-free catastrophic health policy.

Obamacare, at any reasonable cost, by the way, is worthless for anything else. With huge deductibles and various games they play it is in fact less coverage at several times the cost of the catastrophic policy that I used to carry before they were made illegal. In short the game there was to force ordinary people to pay for the crackhead's emergency medical care and similar garbage, which it did, and nobody gave a damn about the side effects on society as a whole -- including entrepreneurship.

Fine. I can't change DC and while the people as a whole can they have refused. Nobody will tell Washington (say much less the States) to cut that crap out or be ejected -- if necessary by being dragged out of office by their hair with no option to refuse while still alive.

That's a choice, and one that in a representative republic you are forced to accept. So long as the thin veneer of "civilized society" holds, such as it is, you get nowhere by deciding to do something about it singularly. If even 5 or 10 percent of the productive population -- who are the ones that pay the taxes, perform the tasks that keep the power on, the water flowing and the sewage flushing -- decided that either this crap stops or the crap will stay in the toilet or come back up the sink Washington DC would have no choice but to cut it out because they can't do that work; there aren't enough skilled people to do it, they can't (really, you think AOC could run a power plant?) and you can't compel someone to do other than sit on their ass. No violence is required.

But since literally nobody would take such a step of "active refusal" even when forced to take an injection of untested and, we now know, nearly worthless and of dubious safety material during a respiratory viral outbreak that the lesser insult of simply robbing you blind would get anyone's attention is in the realm of believing in unicorns that fart out pretty colored candies.

What anyone can do, however, is stop believing that the medical system gives a crap about you including your so-called "personal" doctor. They do not, any more than your "Congressperson" or "Mayor" does. Sorry, those are facts, and you can stop with the bull**** otherwise because basically all of them put their wallet in front of your life over the last three years. I call someone who does that asshole, and I don't care who they are or how many letters they claim behind their name. If they were a family member they'd be disowned, disinherited and stricken from any notice whatsoever of anything. I've done it too; there are plenty of said people who I used to associate with but no longer will, to the point that if one of them shows up at a bar I'm enjoying myself at it's "check please!" I will not put up with such people socially say much less professionally. Never again and there's nothing they can do about it; that change is permanent and if they (or the firms they might be associated with) don't like it that's just tough crap. These people are damn lucky the thin veneer of society has thus far held; were it to fail I suspect there are plenty of folks who had one of their loved ones killed by these jackwads directly or indirectly, said next of kin know it and might still be pissed off enough to return the favor -- and make sure it hurts.

Drugs are useful in acute circumstances. Antibiotics, for example, have saved untold millions of lives during acute infections. The survival rate of a gut-shot prior to their introduction, or for that matter any significant abdominal wound, was statistically zero. Oh sure there were exceptions (including one of the farmers who was repeatedly bayonetted in the opening battles of the Revolutionary War -- and lived) but most of the time you were dead, it was slow, and it hurt. A lot.

But for chronic conditions? Forget it. Either fix the underlying problem or deal with the fact that you are trying to stop a nuclear plant meltdown with a squirt gun. When Fukushima got flooded I pointed out in the first couple of days that we had generators that we could chopper there in the country that could run the pumps, and if you can run the pumps nothing bad happens; its an expensive annoyance that the equipment is damaged but the reactors are safe. Problem: They built the switchgear for the equipment below the flood line, it was flooded while operating, shorted out and was destroyed and thus there was thus no way to get the power to the pumps as a lot of that gear is bespoke and thus can't be replaced in a day or two. Once that happened all you can do is run and the error was made years earlier when they didn't install steam-driven, no-power-required backup pump systems that the manufacturer of the reactor had available and which could be operated by hand off what you had too much of -- steam pressure -- and thus using some of it was "free" with no electrical power required.

But of course they didn't prepare in that way, they did do the equivalent of eating fast carbs and vegetable oils for 30 years by putting the switchgear where it could get flooded, did not have the capacity to replace it on site and safe from catastrophe and thus we have Fukushima.

Don't be Fukushima.

How?

First, decide that you're going to take charge of your own health and nobody else gives a crap other than to the extent that they can take your money and in fact its worse in that they do not care if you die; indeed once all your money is gone death is preferrable because then you can't come after them if you figure out what they did to you. If you think any part of the medical system isn't geared this way you're wrong. Just yesterday I was listening to a woman (and I happen to like her and her husband) wax on about the meth heads she runs into (as a nurse) who have three half-teeth left and yet yeah, crazy gets whatever on a continual basis despite having nothing to pay with. Why would you do that? Only because you're paid to do it and there is, factually, nothing you can do that actually improves that person's life. They are likely in the room with you because they're seeking some way to get even more-stoned. When the money stops so does everything else related to said person and if you think you're special and it will be different for you you're wrong and will be dead if you hold that belief at that time. Wake up now, in short, or die horribly because unless you're as rich as Elon Musk everyone has a point where said resource is exhausted.

Second, know where you are from a medical point of view. I wrote that article at the end of March. You should have all this stuff and should have before or during Covid, but if you don't now well then just admit you don't give a crap as you won't make a tiny investment in your own knowledge base without which you are dependent on others.

Next, understand a few basic facts that we know are true about physiology in animals -- including humans. Let's go through them briefly even though I've mentioned these before in depth and detail.

There are only three sources of energy in animal metabolism: Protein, fats and carbohydrates. Your body does not run on glucose; every animal runs on ATP, period. ATP is synthesized in the body. Carbohydrates are easier to process than fats metabolically and thus are preferred; all chemical reactions prefer the easiest path if it is available. Carbohydrates are stored as glycogen in the muscles and liver, but only the liver can re-liberate what it has back into the bloodstream and thus "feed" the entire body; its storage is about 1,000kcal in an adult. The muscles are good for about another 1,000kcal between them but glycogen taken up in a muscle must be used by that muscle and nothing else since it cannot be re-liberated into the blood (muscle tissue is missing the enzyme pathway necessary to do so.) What this means is that since it requires somewhere around 1,200 kcal for you to lay in bed and simply survive metabolically if you do it through carbohydrate consumption you must eat at least a couple of times a day. You don't die if you can't because the body can make the exchange with fats, but it will not do so if carbohydrates are available. Likewise if you fill your glycogen storage the only two options for additional food intake are to crap it out unprocessed or store it as fat. You do not get fat because you consumed fat -- ever. You get fat because your glycogen storage is full and you continued to consume carbohydrates. This is both a biological fact and is the reason that every animal can survive without consuming food for more than a single day.

Likewise cholesterol does not wind up in your blood as a result of eating cholesterol-bearing foods. Cholesterol is made by the body exactly as it was in the chicken before it laid the egg containing it, in the cow before said cow got turned into steak and hamburger, and so on. Cows, and in fact most food animals, do not eat meat so tell me again all about the lie that cholesterol was consumed by said food source and that's how it got into their body. If its not true for them its not true for you; we are all animals and chemistry, whether biochemistry or otherwise is not the 10 Suggestions. "Prey" (food) animals are typically plant-eaters because at least among humans they taste better to us. You can eat lion and it will nourish you but but you're unlikely to enjoy it. The exception is in fish; virtually all fish in the wild in fact eat other fish yet most humans enjoy the taste of fish. The facts are that cholesterol is necessary for life and your body manufacturers it in appropriate amounts. If it is made in inappropriate amounts it is not because you ate animals and their products it is because something is decidedly wrong in your body, likely systemic inflammation, that is provoking said excess production and deposition.

It is not possible to consume plant-based oils in any material amount without machine processing. Yes, there is corn oil in corn, but it is a tiny amount and thus eating corn off the cob will not result in any material amount of corn oil in your body. These oils are all inflammatory; go figure, nature designed plants to have defenses against extreme consumption (e.g. making the consuming animal very sick and maybe killing it.) Systemic, chronic inflammation is very bad; there are no exceptions to that fact. Inflammation is the body's response to an insult; it tries to encapsulate the damage and then destroy it. Obviously if that happens on a systemic level rather than where a thorn went through your skin what can get destroyed is you! While all organisms are adaptive (witness viruses and bacteria which adapt thus mutation to evade vaccines and antibiotic resistance) this takes times and in animals it takes a very long time because our mutational rate is very low, never mind that for an individual it doesn't happen at all; said mutation and adaptation occurs as the next generation propagates. There is plenty of evidence for this in humans; British and Northern Europeans, for example, are far more-tolerant of consumption of potatoes and similar without having wildly-nasty diabetic and obesity consequences (although they are not immune by any means) while black people, who historically consumed zero of such foods as they were not present in their environment and they did not need to store back food over winters to avoid starvation, blow up like the Hindenburg when they eat them. This is ridiculously obvious to anyone who puts 10 seconds of thought into it yet you will note exactly zero people in the medical and "advice" side of our society talk about it. Genetic facts are not "raciss"; they're facts and an alleged profession damn well ought to put said facts front-and-center. They literally don't care if you die and if you don't understand this die you will but not before they get all your money trying to chase something you can't change. Incidentally if you think the entire "trans" thing isn't exactly the same exploitation by the same people you're wrong -- it is. You cannot make a vagina out of a colon -- or a penis -- but you can grab $100,000 of someone's money by lying to the person who has the penis and telling them you can make a vagina out of it. This crap has been going on for at least as long as I've been on this rock as a sentient being and all of it is a knowing, intentional lie that robs people of both their health and money. As we've run out of the "easy lies" (statins, Type II diabetes and more) since the money has to keep flowing we've turned to the more-outrageous ("trans" surgeries, semaglutide injections for weight loss and more) all of which are bull**** and everyone peddling them knows it but since it makes them money they do not care.

If you are hungry and have food it is very difficult to avoid eating. Spare me all the screaming about how "poor" people are in America; I've yet to see the kids that look like those actually starving in places like Africa here in this nation. What I do see is a lot of people with few or no funds that weigh 300lbs. They weigh 300lbs because the first order of business is survival and the medical and food people keep telling them that the so-called "cheap" stuff is perfectly good to eat -- such as grains and similar. Baloney. Worse, we encourage the less-wealthy to eat that garbage by allowing it to be purchased with funds taken from others via SNAP, EBT and similar. Fast carbohydrates are extremely addictive yet they are not cheaper even ignoring the wildly-negative health outcomes they produce. I will note that if you're not hungry you don't tend to eat anything and if you stop poisoning your biological system (that's called "your body") you will typically not want anything to eat until about noontime! This is utterly standard for me and has been for more than 10 years yet prior to making this change I, like most other people in America, woke up ravenously hungry and immediately cooked up some pancakes, waffles, toasted up some bread and slathered it with preserves or similar. When I stopped poisoning the biological system in my body that regulates food intake all on its own all of my body's regulatory systems started working again. No, that didn't happen in a week or a month but neither did the damage; more than ten years later, however, it both did work and still is working. Read here for the rest.
    Ok, so that's the basics and preamble.

First things first: Fix what goes in the pie hole. If you don't the rest of this is likely immaterial. Odds are you're going to become obese, diabetic or both and that path leads to misery, amputations, blindness, dialysis and death. You may think you're immune to this or simply won't pull the short straw and perhaps you're right but the odds are overwhelmingly, more than 50-50, against you. The entire world freaked out about a virus that even in the most-morbid people only killed 1 in 20 yet you will stuff your face with things that, over time, have a greater than 50% chance of seriously disabling or killing you. If you're in that camp, and you know damn well if you are, then sit down and shut the **** up because I don't want to hear it when the medical system collapses (it will) and you die horribly and painfully from your own voluntarily self-inflicted harm.

The rest of this is what I personally do. I am not a doctor. I've read hundreds, even thousands of medical journal articles, however, especially over the last three years, and I've followed the references on many of them and dug a bunch of rabbit holes where they went. There are no letters after my name. I am not trying to sell you anything; I do not own a vitamin company, I do not do consultations, I do not want your money and as I've pointed out in these pages and is in the FAQ just as with investments I'm not a registered investment advisor, personal recommendations are thus illegal for me to issue, it would be wildly unethical for me to do so on a financial basis even if it was legal without in-depth personal knowledge of your specific circumstances (which by the way nobody offering advice on a mass basis can possibly know) and the same applies to medicine and health. Every one of us is different -- in finance and in body. We all have personally-distinct DNA unless, of course, you have a biological twin in which case there are two of you -- but even then if you grew up differently or live differently over time you're still distinct! But -- despite being a distinct organism biochemistry is not the 10 suggestions any more than thermodynamics is and excusing whatever you have going on with "well I'm big-boned" or whatever claptrap is a lie so if you want to lie to yourself have at it but don't run that crap around me; all you're likely to hear in reply is "bless your heart."

What I can tell you is that this pathway, including what I did 10+ years ago with what goes in the pie hole, produced a durable, trivially-proved and positive massive change in my health. My body mass, instead of rising by a few pounds every year has been stable now for more than a decade. My exercise endurance is exceptional for a man of my age; prior to that and more than ten years back it was hard to mow the lawn with a walk-behind mower where today its trivially easy -- and I do it every time it needs to be done. I can and do like physical exertion where prior I did not like it at all and in fact avoided it because it was very uncomfortable. Today its refreshing rather than exhausting. If you look me up on Athlinks you'll find irrefutable and publicly-documented evidence that indeed I do enter competitive running events and while I'm no Olympic champion I think I acquit myself pretty-well for a man of my age. I have short straws in the genetic lottery that I'm aware of but I'm dealing with them on my own terms and without prescription pharmaceuticals.

Covid caused me to look at more than those macros in terms of my pie hole. There was, early on, a nutso correlation between those who died and those who did not and a handful of other, very-specific health characteristics. Simply put being Vitamin D deficient was extraordinarily correlated with bad outcomes and so was being fat and diabetic. The government, Fauci, CDC, NIH, everyone -- they all knew within the first couple of months this was true. The cost of correcting that for the average person is literal pennies and yet there was zero recommendation to do so. Correlation is not causation but when the correction has no cost and no risk of note either you're out of your damned mind not to do it. The thing is that Vitamin D levels take time to improve if done safely (months, not days or weeks) but there was plenty of time, wasn't there, for most people who got hammered! I wasn't either fat or diabetic so that I could not improve.

So here's my view on what I could, did improve and have continued with: 5,000 IU of Vitamin D and a Vitamin K2 pill once a day. Why? Because this level of supplementation should be safe in most people (I'm sure there's exceptions) and K2 helps both conversion and assists in protection against potential risk if you're in the "not" category (specifically, too much Vitamin D can cause deposition in the arteries and if that happens it can be permanent, so no, "more is better" does not apply.) Later on in the pandemic it was disclosed that it has been widely known for a long time, and still is true, that even people in Central and South America are typically wildly Vitamin D deficient. That sounds nuts given how intense the sun is in that part of the world but facts are facts and if you stay indoors a lot during the day, and our society has evolved that way, you don't get natural solar exposure which generates Vitamin D. This is especially true if you're of darker skin and live in America as you simply weren't evolved to absorb it in as high a quantity because you didn't need to be when the sun's flux is much stronger -- and that melanin in the skin filters a lot of it out. Remember that air conditioning and such is a modern thing; it has had zero evolutionary impact as of yet simply because we've only had it for roughly 100 years. Vitamin D levels of 50+, but under 150, are strongly associated with viral resistance of all sorts along with general immune system health. There is almost zero cost and risk to making sure you're in that safe zone and the potential benefits are not just in terms of getting sick with a virus but since cancer is simply bad cells that your immune system fails to control and which then colonize and grow without boundary doing this may also inhibit that. Cancer is one of the "big three" in terms of killing you and anything you can do for almost no money and effectively zero risk is, in my opinion, a no-brainer. (BTW drinking "fortified" milk is insufficient; the level in there is only high enough to prevent Rickets in children.)

If you eat green vegetables in size, especially cruciferous vegetables (e.g. broccoli) you almost-certainly have plenty of Vitamin C intake for health purposes. However, if you feel even the slightest bit off then taking a significant amount of it won't hurt you and might stop or materially interdict whatever is going on. The liposomal form has better absorption; I keep it around and gobble a couple of capsules any time I feel even the slightest bit off. Maybe its a placebo effect but it appears to work. If you get materially ill -- that is, a flu or similar -- consuming it to bowel tolerance (yes, you'll crap if you take too much -- a lot!) may help. You'll be VERY surprised at how much your body can absorb and use even if consumed every few hours if you're sick compared with not. It is not even slightly-unusual for someone to be able to take a gram every few hours when ill yet that sort of use would instantly send you to the toilet when you're well. Consuming too much will either give you the craps or you'll just piss it out; I am aware of no toxicity risks (which is definitely not true for several other vitamins.)

I also keep Quercetin and Zinc supplements around. The former, alone, is a very decent non-drug (quercetin is a flavenoid and is found in grapes and thus is essentially something you could get from eating them but you'd have to eat a lot!) anti-histamine and, in my experience, it works as well as any of the OTC allergy drugs for this purpose. Its cheap, it has no side effects I can detect and in my experience it works. With Zinc it is believed to have anti-viral properties so again, if I feel something coming on, I will use both for a couple of days.

Citrulline and Arginine, both amino acids, taken together, also promote the immune system and improve nitric oxide production which may be protective for the cardiovascular system. Some people have digestive issues with arginine in particular and in addition it can promote histamine reactions so if you have allergies do pay attention and if it seems to be making your symptoms worse it probably is and thus should be discontinued; I don't and again, they cost almost nothing. This pair may not do much, but again it is very unlikely to hurt you.

Be aware that if you are using prescription drugs that anything can interact with said drugs and not all such interactions are known or well-understood. Use of any supplement or OTC drug without considering everything else you're consuming is unwise and possibly dangerous. Most pharmaceuticals have a significant list of serious potential risks in this regard and very few physicians and pharmacists pay as much attention to these risks as they should. You are always a trial of one with any alteration of your biochemistry, including simply what sort of foods you put in your mouth, so either pay attention or pay the consequences of not doing so. One of the worst things you can do, whether with nutrients or traditional pharmaceuticals, is to "treat" the side effects from one by taking something else. In my opinion anyone who recommends doing that is an idiot, trying to seriously harm or even kill you for profit, or both.

I also strongly recommending finding out what sets off inflammation and other allergic reactions in you, particularly among foods, and avoiding them. Some sort of monitor that can do HRV overnight provides invaluable information in this regard -- if you use it. I have and do, and discovered (much to my chagrin) that I have a sub-clinical peanut allergy. It surfaced when I had two peanut-butter milk stouts one evening and noted a wildly reduced HRV overnight despite feeling perfectly fine and sleeping (apparently) well. A challenge two days later with a tablespoon of peanut butter a few minutes before bedtime produced a repeat performance despite an otherwise restful and normal day, and was bracketed on both sides by same with normal HRV. Yes, its that simple to identify whether what you think might be the problem actually is. This sucks because I like peanuts, peanut butter, peanut button milk stouts and similar but all of them provoke a low-level allergic, inflammatory reaction in me personally. Getting that sort of thing out of your diet and body has no downsides, requires no drugs and might make a large difference in your health over time. You can't possibly know without the data but being able to test such hypothesis on an individual basis, quickly and easily, has a great deal of value. I like the Fenix 6 that I bought for entirely-different reasons (fitness tracking and mapping in the back-country) for this but I'm not a Garmin salesman. Whatever device or mechanism you choose here the important factor is that you will use it all the time on a daily basis so you can identify things that you casually consume or otherwise have occur and then set up tests on your own to isolate the cause. This sort of monitoring also brings instant and irrefutable accountability if you're a "bad boy" (e.g. a night out at the bar); there's no avoiding what it tells you in terms of the impact on your sleep and similar the next day. That's a good thing and is accessible so from my point of view its well worth it.

If you are currently taking prescription medications that would not be necessary but for your lifestyle decisions you have difficult choices to make and you better make them now. These people at your doctors office and so-called "friends" do not care about you; they care about money and only as long as milking your money source works will that game continue. You are willing participant in it and it is directly and provably harming you -- right here, right now. The sooner you stop it the faster you can stop spending that money and the less chance you have of being caught when the medical system comes apart and leaves you screwed.

The choice is yours but the time for excuses has expired.
    https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=249445
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Ewan (11th August 2023), NancyV (11th August 2023), norman (11th August 2023), Pam (11th August 2023), Reinhard (11th August 2023), ronny (16th August 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,576 times in 1,593 posts

I myself can't remember last time I went to see the so called MD.
    My angle on this one is: use for emergency only where life is at risk, use DISCERNMENT to define that, after all is your life on the line.

If you are into a regular visit to hospital you are a customer and they know how to nurture you to keep you coming back. No mean to offend anyone, so please don't take it as an offense

Best way to keep your health in check, in resume is:

- sleep well everyday.
    - eat health balanced nutritious food (it is also your medicine).
    - exercise everyday, do what you can, run, hike, swim, ride, walk, whatever you are into but do it everyday.
    - read books (not digital) and drink herbal tea, sounds cheese but it is not go for it. Choose the right herbs to help get rid of the parasites inside us.
    - if you still working (not retired) do not do over work or get stressed with something isn't yours, I mean you work for someone then just do the job and nothing else, don't give your life for the company like many does, I really mean that, it will save a few years down the road.
    - talk to real friends that will listen and have fun together.
    - smile again, even if the day is grey and cloudy outside, blue sky is always there above the clouds
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Ewan (11th August 2023), NancyV (11th August 2023), Pam (11th August 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th August 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by palehorse (here)
    My angle on this one is: use for emergency only where life is at risk, use DISCERNMENT to define that, after all is your life on the line.

If you are into a regular visit to hospital you are a customer and they know how to nurture you to keep you coming back. No mean to offend anyone, so please don't take it as an offense

- sleep well everyday.
    - exercise everyday, do what you can, run, hike, swim, ride, walk, whatever you are into but do it everyday.
    - read books (not digital) and drink herbal tea, sounds cheese but it is not go for it. Choose the right herbs to help get rid of the parasites inside us.
    - if you still working (not retired) do not do over work or get stressed with something isn't yours, I mean you work for someone then just do the job and nothing else, don't give your life for the company like many does, I really mean that, it will save a few years down the road.
    - smile again, even if the day is grey and cloudy outside, blue sky is always there above the clouds
    I love your post, palehorse. So much common sense and wisdom. As someone who used to make a living off that system I would like to back up your wisdom with an observation. The more you interact with the the system the more likely they are to hook you into it. The strategy seems to be to get you on a prescription that is lifelong.

One of the last times I went into the local clinic I had an unexplained rash and hives. They were not able to explain the cause but did do a blood panel which was fine. They prescribed me a hefty dose of neurontin (gabapentin) which seems to be the drug of choice for many complaints. I was able to figure out that the hives were due to my eating way too much spinach and rhubarb which are very high in oxylates which are like tiny bits of sharp glass, a protective mechanism of the plant.Too much of it ingested causes the body to try to dump it through the skin. I had overloaded my body with too much in smoothies. If I hadn't figured that out myself, I would be taking a prescription for nothing. I probably would have increased my intake of these veggies to improve health and made the matter worse. There was no interest in what was causing the problem, it was simply to mask the symptoms. I realized at that point that it is really easy to get "hooked" into the system and that is not a road I intend to go down either.

I would like to add one other thing to your great list. Walk barefoot on the earth. If not that, get your hands in the dirt gardening or even hands on a tree. Grounding with the earth is natures method of healing. I even have a couple mats that can allow the grounding process indoors. In my opinion it is the easiest and cheapest way to deal with inflammation.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Ezio Auditore da Firenze (11th August 2023), NancyV (11th August 2023), palehorse (16th August 2023), ronny (16th August 2023), Sue (Ayt) (11th August 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pam (here)
    Quote Posted by palehorse (here)

- sleep well everyday.
    I love your post, palehorse. So much common sense and wisdom. As someone who used to make a living off that system I would like to back up your wisdom with an observation. The more you interact with the the system the more likely they are to hook you into it. The strategy seems to be to get you on a prescription that is lifelong.

One of the last times I went into the local clinic I had an unexplained rash and hives. They were not able to explain the cause but did do a blood panel which was fine. They prescribed me a hefty dose of neurontin (gabapentin) which seems to be the drug of choice for many complaints. I was able to figure out that the hives were due to my eating way too much spinach and rhubarb which are very high in oxylates which are like tiny bits of sharp glass, a protective mechanism of the plant.Too much of it ingested causes the body to try to dump it through the skin. I had overloaded my body with too much in smoothies. If I hadn't figured that out myself, I would be taking a prescription for nothing. I probably would have increased my intake of these veggies to improve health and made the matter worse. There was no interest in what was causing the problem, it was simply to mask the symptoms. I realized at that point that it is really easy to get "hooked" into the system and that is not a road I intend to go down either.

I would like to add one other thing to your great list. Walk barefoot on the earth. If not that, get your hands in the dirt gardening or even hands on a tree. Grounding with the earth is natures method of healing. I even have a couple mats that can allow the grounding process indoors. In my opinion it is the easiest and cheapest way to deal with inflammation.

Hi Pam, I hope you are doing well thanks for replying

You are absolutely right: "The more you interact with the the system the more likely they are to hook you into it. " I had seen that with myself in the past and currently with some close ones and friends, I try to warn them every now and then to watch their back on the situation and don't get too much caught into it, keep a low tech footprint and so on.. I am not sure they listen to me, sometimes they are on "auto mode", they come they talk and I listen and they go..

"The strategy seems to be to get you on a prescription that is lifelong."
    But let me tell you something, some people they are immune to it, it does not work to everyone, I can speak for myself only, but also know others that woke up from this medic's nightmare.

"were due to my eating way too much spinach and rhubarb which are very high in oxylates which are like tiny bits of sharp glass"
    Thanks for that, I didn't know about it, very interesting, I do eat spinach often, I love it with the scrambled eggs, it is just a great combination but I never got rashs not that I can remember.
    Great you could find the solution for your problem without relying on the MD that just want to push pills for patients.
    I think it goes more or less in that line: everything in excess will cause some side effects, even natural things. It is all about balancing everything we do in our lives. For example the other day I had too much tamarind, and it has laxative effects, no need to say I was grounded for 1 day lol

Walk barefoot is great, I knew about that and in fact as I live in Asia and here there is a strict policy of NO SHOES inside the house haha I do follow their policy.. It is even better to walk barefoot on the grass, or gardening as you said.. I heard cases that people could cure colds and other ailments just by grounding all day long.. that explains too why *indigenous people are very health.

* I have to explain this better, because I said this very same thing to someone and that person told me that indigenous people are in fact very sick people, which I promptly disagreed and we had a huge debate about the topic:

- first argument was indigenous are not health because they were introduced to modern medicines (petroleum based and stupid vaccines), they were introduced to alcohol/drugs/industrialized food (modern society life), since they don't need all these crap, the best way would be to just let them alone. In fact the health ones are the ones that understood that.

- second argument many of them were replaced out of their original land and put to live confined into reserves, this alone would make anyone go bonkers!

- third argument they stripped out of their original outfit, their original customs and so on.. Indigenous people nowadays wear jeans and nice shirts, and they use perfume as well.. modern indigenous, digitally included, etc.. there is quite a lot of studies on that.

and here is what these arguments meant to be:

- medicine / food
    - shelter
    - clothing

It is like trying to make a fish survive outside the water! Huge topic anyway it would deserve a thread on itself.

Have a good day Pam
    --

20. The Following User Says Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Pam (16th August 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hey folks, I remembered about this thread after watching this video. Maybe a bit off-topic not related to Medtech, but that is one way we can keep a good health.

He is a very wise Thai man, he shares so many life lessons. He is preparing for the next generation

Last edited by palehorse; 16th August 2023 at 10:57.
    --

22. The Following User Says Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Pam (16th August 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

I visited 'my' doctor after a car accident 15 years ago now. The doctor met me in the reception room to tell me she did not want me as a patient anymore because I don't come in for my bi-annual check-ups. In fact, she was actually responding to a racist impulse as most if not all her other patients were brown and I always got awful stares and disapproving looks whenever I visited.
    I told her I am not a car that needs servicing.
    Since then I have not had a doctor.
    I tried another doctor for a while but he harassed me with various tests he wanted to run, including prostate. I quit him too.

I only go to a doctor when I am sick, which is rare - a one in every five years sort of thing.

In fact, in my mind, we do not have health care, which is what I seek. What we have is illness management - mask the symptoms and ignore the cause. That is the poorest form of response, but it is very lucrative.

Dentistry is not any better, may be worse. They formulate new ways to yank your teeth and replace them with poor facsimiles. But they will not do research into repairing teeth, regrowing enamel or on innovative ways of dealing with cavities and gum disease.

Let's find another city to name our health care after. Medici has failed us...
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 16th August 2023 at 11:19.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

meeradas (16th August 2023), palehorse (16th August 2023), Pam (16th August 2023), Peace in Oz (17th August 2023)

+ Reply to Thread