+ Reply to Thread

Thread: High Salt Intake Directly Linked To STROKE & Cardiovascular Disease

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 times in 146 posts

Default High Salt Intake Directly Linked To STROKE & Cardiovascular Disease

Somewhere in my notes... I read Finland banned White Salt in the Diet. This resulted in 30-50% decrease in Strokes and Heart Attacks across the country.

I can not place my finger on it at the moment.. but numerous other studies show the same..

SEARCH !

Cardiovascular disease is the first cause of death and disability in the world among people aged over 60 years and the second one among those 15 to 59 years old.

According to the World Health Organization, 62% of all strokes and 49% of coronary heart disease events are attributable to high blood pressure.

There is a direct causal relationship between levels of dietary salt intake and levels of blood pressure.

Most of the salt we eat comes from that added to food in the manufacturing process by industry, caterers and food producers.

Numerous articles confirm this...

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/20...t-disease.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...83O19620120425

https://dunyanews.tv/en/Health/66465...Disease-Stroke

https://southflcardio.com/the-connec...d-stroke-risk/

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Perdido For This Post:

atman (7th June 2023), Bill Ryan (7th June 2023), Docim369 (7th June 2023), Ewan (7th June 2023), George (7th June 2023), gini (7th June 2023), Harmony (7th June 2023), Matthew (6th June 2023), Miller (7th June 2023), Pris (7th June 2023), pyrangello (9th June 2023), Stephanie (7th June 2023), Strat (7th June 2023), thepainterdoug (7th June 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,212 times in 2,396 posts

Default Re: High Salt Intake Directly Linked To STROKE & Cardiovascular Disease

Avoid salt? Yes, I'd say so. I learned from Andrew Norton Webber that there's a HUGE difference between organic and inorganic minerals (including salt) and you want to avoid the inorganic minerals. That means it's best to get all your salts/minerals, naturally, from raw fruits and veggies (I'm guessing raw nuts and seeds, too). Try to avoid processed food and anything with added salt. I have a weak spot for some condiments and refried beans lol. But, I do my best to counter anything bad in my body by drinking lots of pure distilled water. Every day, I aim to drink one entire gallon.

Besides giving you high blood pressure, I heard that salt also ages you.

Thinking about our insides... and all our delicate mucus membranes... Realize what happens to a poor slug in the presence of salt. Salt burns.

When we eat from nature, there's a reason why nature doesn't provide a salt shaker.
    Last edited by Pris; 7th June 2023 at 03:37.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

atman (7th June 2023), Bill Ryan (7th June 2023), Docim369 (7th June 2023), Ewan (7th June 2023), gini (7th June 2023), Harmony (7th June 2023), Isserley (7th June 2023), Miller (7th June 2023), Perdido (8th June 2023), pyrangello (9th June 2023), Stephanie (7th June 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,652 times in 21,533 posts

From the first of your four references, https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/20...-disease.html:

Quote ... lower salt consumption and higher potassium intake is linked with lower risk of strokes and heart disease.

The study also reaffirms that increasing potassium intake is linked to reducing strokes and heart disease. Potassium has an opposite effect in the body to salt – it can help relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure.
    From the third of your references, https://dunyanews.tv/en/Health/66465...Disease-Stroke

Quote Potassium and sodium often work together to keep a proper fluid balance in the body
    From my understandnig:

The bodies of humans and other animals need both sodium and potassium ions in abundance. Most cells in our bodies spend a significant portion of their energy pumping sodium ions out of the cell into the interstitial fluid, and potassium ions into the cell, using the sodium-potassium pump, aka the Na+ K+ pump.

From Physiology, Sodium Potassium Pump:

Quote The Na+ K+ pump is an electrogenic transmembrane ATPase first discovered in 1957 and situated in the outer plasma membrane of the cells; on the cytosolic side. The Na+ K+ ATPase pumps 3 Na+ out of the cell and 2 K+ that into the cell, for every single ATP consumed. The plasma membrane is a lipid bilayer that arranged asymmetrically, containing cholesterol, phospholipids, glycolipids, sphingolipid, and proteins within the membrane. The Na+K+-ATPase pump helps to maintain osmotic equilibrium and membrane potential in cells.

The sodium and potassium move against the concentration gradients. The Na+ K+-ATPase pump maintains the gradient of a higher concentration of sodium extracellularly and a higher level of potassium intracellularly. The sustained concentration gradient is crucial for physiological processes in many organs and has an ongoing role in stabilizing the resting membrane potential of the cell, regulating the cell volume, and cell signal transduction.[2] It plays a crucial role on other physiological processes, such as maintenance of filtering waste products in the nephrons (kidneys), sperm motility, and production of the neuronal action potential.[5] Furthermore, the physiologic consequences of inhibiting the Na+-K+ ATPase are useful and the target in many pharmacologic applications.
    Many of us in the past got our water reliatively unfiltered from streams, lakes, rivers and wells. This water will have a variety of dissolved minerals in it, in varying amounts. Municipal processed water, and some such natural sources of water, will be deficient in some of the nutritionally essential minerals. Some larger animals will eagerly seek out salt licks if their water source is deficient.

So, as pointed out in two of your four references, the key to healthy sodium intake is not to minimize it, but to balance it with potassium. Our bodies need both, in some abundance, as well as the chloride ion that usually comes with sodium or potassium salts.

Personally, I include abundant amounts of salt, sea, Himalayan or Real(tm) salt, which has other trace minerals in addition to sodium chloride, as well as sodium bicarbonate (aka baking soda) and potassium bicarbonate in my carefully filtered, re-mineralized and re-energized drinking water. I also salt my foods to taste, without hesitation or restraint.

The above sodium-potassium pump explains why chlorine dioxide ClO2 (aka MMS) is not harmful to our (positively charged) body's cells, but is a strong neutralizer or detoxifier of many disease and toxin molecules, which are typically negatively charged. ClO2 remains inert in the presence of neutral or positive charges, but breaks down into a chloride ion Cl- and oxygen, including at least one free oxygen atom, which will rapidly bind to the nearest thing it can find, which is usually the negative molecule that just disassociated that ClO2 molecule, thus neutralizing that negative "bug" or toxin. Being quite tiny, and both chemically (until it finds a negative molecule) and electrically (until it then breaks down) inert, ClO2 molecules travel easily and freely throughout the body, until they find some (negative) molecule to neutralize. The Cl- chloride ion that also results from this reaction (and from consuming sodium and potassium salts, as noted above) is abundant and essential in our body's fluids.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 7th June 2023 at 21:47.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Alan (7th June 2023), atman (7th June 2023), Bill Ryan (7th June 2023), Ewan (7th June 2023), gord (7th June 2023), Orph (7th June 2023), Perdido (8th June 2023), selinam (7th June 2023), Stephanie (7th June 2023), Sue (Ayt) (8th June 2023), tessfreq (7th June 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Our bodies are electrical... and very much like batteries. You want to keep the voltage up and avoid shorts. Just like a car battery, the body needs pure water to conduct electricity properly. You don't put muddy water into a battery and expect it work.

This isn't about avoiding all salts, it's about avoiding INORGANIC salts. Natural raw food provides us with the required organic salts/minerals.

Dissolved inorganic rock (ie. mud) is present in ponds, rivers, and lakes. I've tested municipal water (where all kinds of chemicals are also added) and well water with a ppm reader and it varies on how contaminated it is by dissolved solids. From different places I've lived, I've seen readings from around 35 ppm to 220 ppm . When the ppm count is very high, you may as well be drinking a cup of death.

You want the purest water and/or living water to go into your body. You want "brand new" water at the top of the precipitation cycle as close as possible to zero parts per million -- no contaminants, no bacteria. It can be in the form of rain, dew, snow, fog, and machine distilled water. Living water includes all pure raw fruit and vegetable juices and your own urine (Urine Therapy). Urine is not only "the water of life" that, through drinking, helps maintain strong natural immunity, it's also great for skin, hair and teeth, heals burns, and has a myriad of other health benefits.

(Note: VOCs -- volatile organic compounds -- may also be present in water and should be removed. This can be accomplished by using an activated charcoal filter. This can be done in conjunction with water distillation. Fortunately, where I live, the well water doesn't require the extra filtering because I don't get that plastic-like smell/taste in the water after it is distilled.)

Inorganic mineral build up in the body shows up, for example, as calcification in tissues and veins/arteries. High blood pressure, premature aging.

You don't want your body to be a stagnant pond. The idea here is to have a "river" flowing through you, to pick up and remove all the positively charged contaminants collecting in your body -- minerals, metals, dead debris and so on. The key here is that distilled water is negatively charged and will latch onto anything positively charged and help the body remove those contaminants via the liver and bowels, and also through the skin/perspiration. Anything negatively charged like living cells and organic minerals are left alone.

Every day I aim to drink one gallon of distilled water (for average size adult person). To start my day, I like to chug down 32 ounces of pure water all at once -- that's four cups. Doing this four times a day gives me one gallon.

I have been drinking pure distilled water and performing UT for about 12 years now. No issues. My bones are strong. The grey in my hair gained blonde highlights again. I'm an X-Gen and there's almost no wrinkles on my face and my skin is plump and moist. Joints are lubricated, no creaking or popping. No water retention. I rarely get sick and if I do, I usually get over it in about 2 or 3 days. It's great that I can experiment on myself and prove these things to myself. For the record, I also make my own, strong, colloidal (ionic) silver as a "just in case" backup (great for things like stopping food poisoning, and stops eye infection almost instantly).

By the way, healthy urine is anti-bacterial:
    "Urine is normally sterile. It has become evident over the past several years that microbial growth within the urinary tract is constrained by a dynamic orchestration of antimicrobial peptides and proteins, some expressed constitutively and others following the appearance of bacteria within the urinary tract. These front-line defenses are an arm of the innate system of immunity."
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...85253815558043

Here's a post I made which includes links and videos of Andrew Norton Webber talking about distilled water, UT, and organic vs inorganic minerals:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...=1#post1559079
    Last edited by Pris; 8th June 2023 at 03:21.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th June 2023), Ewan (8th June 2023), ian33 (9th June 2023), Mari (8th June 2023), Perdido (8th June 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

This is your body on salt.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

pyrangello (9th June 2023), Strat (8th June 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Avalon Member ian33's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,306 times in 467 posts

according to traditional chinese medicine 5 element theory...too much of any flavour will disturb the corresponding element, organ, and emotion
    too much salty flavour increases the water element(kidneys, fear) and weakens the fire element(heart, joy)
    ..it is best to balance all 5 flavors, salty, sour,bitter, sweet, and pungent/spicy,,,water, wood, fire, earth, and metal. to obtain balance and harmony of organs and feelings
    when balance is achieved in cooking the meal tastes and feels good

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ian33 For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (9th June 2023), Ewan (8th June 2023), pyrangello (9th June 2023), Seeclearly (8th June 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What's commonly called salt, namely sodium chloride, is not organic. It's a simple molecule of two atoms, one sodium, and one chlorine. It matters not whether you find it in organic food, or in water. It's still "salt", and your body needs it. It readily dissolves in water into a positive sodium ion, and a negative chloride ion. Both these ions are chemically innert (complete outer electron shells, like noble gases), and electrically charged.

Distilled water is neither positively nor negatively charged. It's pretty much neutral. So long as you have other sources of the many essential minerals, including sodium chloride, then your body can take the various water soluable minerals that it requires to be in healthy blood and tissue from these other sources to bring that water up to healthy levels for use in your body. If distilled water were your only or primary source of water, and if you lacked other abundant sources of essential minerals in your diet, then you'd likely become deficient, over some longer term, in various minerals, as it had to steal from existing stores of these minerals in the body to keep your blood and active tissues healthy.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ewan (9th June 2023), gord (9th June 2023), ian33 (9th June 2023), Perdido (30th July 2023), pyrangello (9th June 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pris (here)

This is your body on salt.

Damn - how did you get my picture? Did you hack into the camera on my computer?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Pris (8th June 2023), pyrangello (9th June 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ThePythonicCow (here)
    What's commonly called salt, namely sodium chloride, is not organic. It's a simple molecule of two atoms, one sodium, and one chlorine. It matters not whether you find it in organic food, or in water. It's still "salt", and your body needs it. It readily dissolves in water into a positive sodium ion, and a negative chloride ion. Both these ions are chemically innert (complete outer electron shells, like noble gases), and electrically charged.

Distilled water is neither positively nor negatively charged. It's pretty much neutral. So long as you have other sources of the many essential minerals, including sodium chloride, then your body can take the various water soluable minerals that it requires to be in healthy blood and tissue from these other sources to bring that water up to healthy levels for use in your body. If distilled water were your only or primary source of water, and if you lacked other abundant sources of essential minerals in your diet, then you'd likely become deficient, over some longer term, in various minerals, as it had to steal from existing stores of these minerals in the body to keep your blood and active tissues healthy.

Inorganic minerals/salts are positively charged.

Organic vs inorganic minerals/salts...

Plants. Plants can take in inorganic minerals/salts and transform them into organic/living compounds.

The way I might describe it... Inorganic minerals/salts transformed/processed by a plant into organic/living compounds (with the addition of carbon). The state of the minerals/salts (inorganic vs organic) is based on whether or not they are subject to a plant's biological processes and transformed into an organic/living compound with a negative charge.

https://nelsonwater.com/blog/organic...s-differences/

The human body is negatively charged.

"Distilled water has a negative charge, unlike inorganic minerals that have a positive charge. When inorganic minerals are added to distilled water, the positive and negative matter magnetically stick to each other. Distilled water produces a completely negative ion reaction in the system, which draws positively charged acid waste products into the elimination channels of the body for excretion. Negatively charged water reduces the damage caused by harmful particles called radicals that destroy tissues and DNA, and some studies on animals have suggested that negatively charged water may be able to extend lifespans."

https://www.schweeet.co.uk/faq-items...iltered-water/

https://www.sacredvalleytribe.com/po...e-purest-water

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pris For This Post:

pyrangello (9th June 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I conclude that Pris and I did not take the same chemistry classes

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Perdido (30th July 2023), Pris (9th June 2023), pyrangello (9th June 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ThePythonicCow (here)
    I conclude that Pris and I did not take the same chemistry classes

Haha! Not exactly. No classes, no indoctrination.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

pyrangello (9th June 2023), thepainterdoug (9th June 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,950 times in 4,333 posts

It's worth noting that most table salt is fluoridated, they add fluoride to it to prevent it from caking.

Choose your salt wisely.
    I use kosher salt as a go to

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (9th June 2023), Ewan (9th June 2023), Perdido (9th June 2023), pyrangello (9th June 2023), thepainterdoug (9th June 2023)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,992 times in 2,110 posts

I spent 4 hours today in the ER, Bunch of tests and doc came back with one main common mantra , watch your salt intake above all else. .Im shocked too that processed salt has fluoride in it, that dam stuff was used in mice and rat poison in t he 40,s. It's not wonder our bodies are having a hard time just being you. .

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

avid (9th June 2023), Ewan (9th June 2023), Perdido (9th June 2023), Pris (9th June 2023)

+ Reply to Thread