+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Atlas Shrugged -The Covid Pandemic - Power and Control

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 564 posts

Default Atlas Shrugged -The Covid Pandemic - Power and Control

I just finished watching the 2011 version of Atlas Shrugged.  The book was written by Ayn Rand circa 1957 :
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 1)
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2)
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 3)

The purpose of this thread is not to critique the movie or Ayn Rand.  The purpose is to highlight the similarities in the methods used to consolidate power and control as described in the Atlas Shrugged story vs what happened with the Covid pandemic.  Are these in fact common methods that we need to be aware of or am I seeing something that does not exist?   

The power-brokers within the movie argue that each of us is responsible for the well being of the rest of society and must therefore sacrifice some part of ourselves, our rights, and/or sovereignty for the greater good.  They used the mainstream media to stigmatize people who did not sacrifice themselves for the greater good as being immoral, selfish, and a threat to society.  

In the case of Atlas Shrugged, it used this argument to justify the transfer of wealth from the individual to the government.  They pitted individual against individual and also US State against US State.  The goal was to increase the power and control of the power elite by transferring sovereignty from the individual to the Federal Government.  The mechanism employed to do this was Money and IP (Intellectual Property).  They implemented laws and regulations that also required private companies to enforce the laws for them.

It appears to me that this same method was used over the last few years during the pandemic.  Instead of using $$$ & IP they used our health via the Virus.  They argued that the individual is required to get vaxxed and wear face masks to protect the high risk folks (elderly and immune compromised).  Those that did not were stigmatized and labeled selfish, immoral, etc.  Those people lost their jobs because private companies enforced the mandates for the government.

If this correlation is indeed valid (i.e. Atlas Shrugged foreshadows the methods used to garner power and control), then a bunch of additional questions follow:

1) Are other means being used to increase control?  Such as:
    - Climate Change
    - Environment / Sustainability (in the form of ESG via WEF)

2) Is Gender Confusion in the form of Trans agenda part of this?
    3) Is the UFO/Alien threat part of this?
    4) Anything else?
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

christian (19th July 2023), Ewan (15th July 2023), Franny (15th July 2023), gini (15th July 2023), Harmony (15th July 2023), Nasu (17th July 2023), palehorse (16th July 2023), samsdice (15th July 2023), T Smith (15th July 2023), thepainterdoug (24th August 2023), wondering (15th July 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,177 times in 8,068 posts

Default Re: Atlas Shrugged -The Covid Pandemic - Power and Control

I know you don't want a review of the movie but I binge watched all 3 a year or two ago and was lapping it up all the way until I realised there was something not right about the alternative group's solution.

I was left a bit double whammied, and wondering who the hell Ayn Rand really is.

In relation to the current situation, I'm suspicious that we are, again, being double whammied. ( the biggest clue of all is Bond Villains as the bad guys )
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Harmony (15th July 2023), Nasu (17th July 2023), Vangelo (15th July 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 123,953 times in 20,557 posts

Quote Posted by Vangelo (here)

• this is what I see:

"Video unavailable
    The uploader has not made this video available in your country"
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (15th July 2023), Nasu (17th July 2023), Vangelo (15th July 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,202 times in 1,657 posts

Putting aside Ayn Ryan and the philosophy of Objectivism for the moment (on which I'm somewhat versed), I do agree with the author's critique, loosely summarized as follows:

The power-brokers within the movie argue that each of us is responsible for the well being of the rest of society and must therefore sacrifice some part of ourselves, our rights, and/or sovereignty for the greater good.  They used the mainstream media to stigmatize people who did not sacrifice themselves for the greater good as being immoral, selfish, and a threat to society.  
    This is a very dangerous construct, because it is both true and false (and therefore very confusing to those whose moral compass is easily swayed by sinister forces). It may be true and noble to sacrifice for the "greater good", but only if one is connected to, and has an innate understanding of, the greater good (which sadly, many in our Western culture do not). When severed from a genuine connection, human nature yearns to connect to Source, which is the Greater Good. Seeking connection, we humans are so easily cajoled and manipulated into self-destructive behavior, both to ourselves and society, and often fall prey to any slick snake-oil salesman who promises redemption. So in this context who determines what is the "Greater Good"? A corrupted authority, the FDA, CDC, the US government, etc., etc., all manipulating the innocence of the human spirit (and conning the ignorance) of the human mind for some ulterior agenda?

Empathically NO. Whenever someone starts pontificating about the "greater good," and asks for something sacrificial in return," RUN.... as fast as you can. Instead, look into yourself.

The best rule to apply to the "greater good" is something every child can learn in kindergarten. Do onto others as you would have them do onto you. It's as simple as that. Don't let the Devil (for lack of a better concept) muddy the soup....

"They argued...."
    Stop. Who the hell are they? Who is trying to convince you to harm you and your family and loved ones, and why? If you choose to sacrifice yourself for the whole, do it for yourself. Don't do it for a con artist. Don't ever let anyone convince you to sacrifice some part of yourself or your sovereignty under the banner of being selfless. What a scam.

Love yourself. Love your family, love your friends, and love your fellow humans and all the creatures and life on this planet. Love the earth. There may be times when acheiving these directives contradict themselves, but resolving those contradictions is the internal journey we're all on. Don't allow the beguilers lure you astray.

Post apologies for this very opinionated two-cent rant.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Darrin (15th July 2023), Delight (16th July 2023), Ewan (15th July 2023), ExomatrixTV (15th July 2023), gini (15th July 2023), Harmony (15th July 2023), Ioneo (15th July 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th July 2023), NancyV (25th August 2023), Nasu (17th July 2023), Pam (24th August 2023), samsdice (15th July 2023), Sue (Ayt) (16th July 2023), Vangelo (15th July 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

"The end justifies the means", is a devilish corruption and abstraction of "you've got to work and or sacrifice to achieve".

My intuitive rule of thumb . . . If I'm being deceived for a greater good, it's not a greater good.

Trickier still . . . . . The deception is different at every level.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Ewan (15th July 2023), ExomatrixTV (15th July 2023), Harmony (15th July 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th July 2023), NancyV (25th August 2023), Nasu (17th July 2023), Pam (24th August 2023), Sue (Ayt) (16th July 2023), T Smith (15th July 2023), ulli (24th August 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 564 posts

Norman highlights the issue I am trying to bring to light when he said:
    Quote Posted by norman (here)
     . . .  If I'm being deceived for a greater good, it's not a greater good. . . .
    I agree wholeheartedly but the problem is that I am unable to determine if I am being deceived when I am in the midst of the deception?  

So the key for me is to be aware of when someone is arguing that I should sacrifice some part of myself for the greater good.  When that is the message, then my alarms should go off and I should ask myself what is going on.

This is a difficult thing to do because it does not seem to reconcile with the concepts of "Service to Self" vs "Service to Others".  In other words, it is easy to conclude that "Sacrificing some part of yourself for the greater good" is the same message as "Service to Others". 

T Smith's reply sheds some light on this for me when he said . . .
    Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    . . .
    This is a very dangerous construct, because it is both true and false (and therefore very confusing to those whose moral compass is easily swayed by sinister forces).   It may be true and noble to sacrifice for the "greater good", but only if one is connected to, and has an innate understanding of, the greater good (which sadly, many in our Western culture do not).   
    . . .
    I'm interpreting T Smith's message as ... being in service to others should not require us to also harm ourselves in the process. Maybe, the concept of "Service to Others" should be stated as "Service to Others Without Harm to Self".  

For that matter, "Service to Self" should read "Service to Self Without Harm to Others" 

One of the other things I saw in the movie, and which was also employed with Covid, was how the mandates where implemented.  They were not implemented by US law because that would violate the Constitution.  Instead, they became the policies and regulations of private corporations.  People were denied employment, services, health care, etc. by these private corporations if they did not comply and get the jab for instance.

Why did the corporations do this? Was it for liability reasons i.e. people got sick when they were in the office working because the company did not enforce the CDC protocols? Was it to comply with ESG? Was it both or something else?
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Ewan (15th July 2023), Harmony (16th July 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th July 2023), John'sKatya (16th July 2023), Nasu (17th July 2023), Pam (24th August 2023), Sue (Ayt) (16th July 2023), T Smith (16th July 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Why did the corporations do this? Was it for liability reasons i.e. people got sick when they were in the office working because the company did not enforce the CDC protocols? Was it to comply with ESG? Was it both or something else?
    The corporations are really, through finance, branches of the banking empire that the globalists are squeezing out the ground up representational governments with.

We are already into fake 'democracy' but corporate technocracy is a whole stage further. Their New World Order idea does not include representational politicking at all. They want to run the whole world as if it's one big corporation, with corporate rules, sanctions, incentives and so on. The boardroom is the politburo of the planet, as was rehearsed in their alpha and beta testing projects.

Somewhere between family businesses and a global corporation is a tipping point that the founders of America overlooked, in my opinion. Business is almost the state religion of the country, but it served as a wooden horse for the globalists to get their foot back in the door.

At this point, all the businesses that have not yet been sucked into the inter dependable relationship with the bankers are either just about to be or are just about to become extinct ( in the minds of the globalists ).

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Ewan (15th July 2023), Harmony (16th July 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th July 2023), Pam (24th August 2023), Sue (Ayt) (16th July 2023), Vangelo (15th July 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,202 times in 1,657 posts

Norman highlights the issue I am trying to bring to light when he said:
    Quote Posted by norman (here)
     . . .  If I'm being deceived for a greater good, it's not a greater good. . . .
    I agree wholeheartedly but the problem is that I am unable to determine if I am being deceived when I am in the midst of the deception?  

So the key for me is to be aware of when someone is arguing that I should sacrifice some part of myself for the greater good.  When that is the message, then my alarms should go off and I should ask myself what is going on.

This is a difficult thing to do because it does not seem to reconcile with the concepts of "Service to Self" vs "Service to Others".  In other words, it is easy to conclude that "Sacrificing some part of yourself for the greater good" is the same message as "Service to Others". 

T Smith's reply sheds some light on this for me when he said . . .
    Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    . . .
    This is a very dangerous construct, because it is both true and false (and therefore very confusing to those whose moral compass is easily swayed by sinister forces).   It may be true and noble to sacrifice for the "greater good", but only if one is connected to, and has an innate understanding of, the greater good (which sadly, many in our Western culture do not).   
    . . .
    I'm interpreting T Smith's message as ... being in service to others should not require us to also harm ourselves in the process. Maybe, the concept of "Service to Others" should be stated as "Service to Others Without Harm to Self".  
    Just to be clear, I do think there may be times where falling on one's sword in service to others is appropriate. But if so, self sacrifice is appropriate (again in my humble option) only so far as it is a spiritual assessment derived by the individual, not imposed by the whole.

I may jump in front of a train if it would save an innocent child's life, but don't ask me to take the jab for the same reason.

That may not make sense to some people, but my response to that would be... just go and figure it out.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Harmony (16th July 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th July 2023), Sue (Ayt) (16th July 2023), Vangelo (16th July 2023)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,232 times in 1,550 posts

The links provided by the OP are not available, I tried connecting from different IPs and still not available.

Here is what I found available on YT so far, they are also available on torrents.

Part I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQJfGMy6P_w

Part II
    [seems not available on YT]

Part III
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjzaspNOaXs

~~~

I think the approach of walking away and leave the decaying world is the best option for those who can afford that, building up an alternative society not dependable on politics or anything else, literally isolating itself from the world out there. Each and every one participating of such endeavor would have to bring something to the table, be it knowledge or some sort of wealth/resources, I am pretty sure there is suck group of people already established and thriving, as I am sure as well there is lots of weird cults too.

I like the idea of not living for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.. it checks for me.

To answer those questions, I would simply say, how many people with great ideals was stopped/mocked/murdered/vanished/etc Nikola Tesla comes to mind, it was always like that, and it will continue to be like that in the decaying world, I have been saying it for a long time, the current horror show has no fix, it is broken beyond repair, it is a bondage world. Those who want to be positive and believe in the system, can enjoy sacrificing themselves for the "greater good" of the decaying world, in my humble opinion there is a big misunderstand in been useful and sacrificing yourself, the question to be asked would be: Is that the right cause, how could I possibly know it? and move forward from there. Dedication and passion should be applied to the noble causes in order to really improved the lives of people and not for a small group of parasites.

As I watched these movies a while ago, I am not sure if I fully remember it all, in my memory it was about the wealth, the top of their industries getting together in order to create a better world, I would have to watch again, pardon me if I am writing non-sense here.

gifted people with great abilities are always exploited/used by the parasites in control who keep that tight game going on forever.

Is it an exclusive club for the wealth with good intents? what about the rest of us?
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

Harmony (16th July 2023), Johan (Keyholder) (16th July 2023), onawah (24th August 2023), Vangelo (16th July 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 times in 666 posts

This Pro-Mask "Study" Is Why You Should Never "Trust The Science"

This has nothing to do with the “pandemic”, and everything to do with the difference between science and “The Science”. So let’s examine that distinction.

“Science” is an approach to the world. A rational method for gathering information, testing new ideas and forming evidence-based conclusions.

“The Science” is a self-sustaining industry of academics who need jobs and owe favours.

An ongoing quid pro quo relationship between the researchers – who want honors and knighthoods and tenure and book deals and research grants and to be the popular talking head explaining complex ideas to the multitudes on television – and the corporations, governments and “charitable foundations” who have all of those things in their gift.

This system doesn’t produce research intended to be read, it creates headlines for celebrities to tweet, links for “journalists” to embed, sources for other researchers to cite.

An illusion of solid substantiation that comes apart the moment you actually read the words, examine the methodology or analyse the data.

Self-reporting surveys, manipulated data, “modelling studies” that spit-out pre-ordained results. Affiliated-authors paid by the state or corporate interests to provide “evidence” that supports highly profitable or politically convenient assumptions.

This mask study is the perfect example of that.

Interlacing layers of nothing designed to create the impression of something.

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/pr...-trust-science

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (1st August 2023), Harmony (25th August 2023), palehorse (25th August 2023), Vangelo (1st August 2023)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,118 times in 5,697 posts

David Martin on Man in America and Chris Martensonon infowars concur that this is a attack psychogical and physical. The machinations are ancient. We seeing it is our new state of awareness.....

Dr. David Martin: DON’T FEAR the Coming Lockdowns… the Cabal is Already DEAD
    Aug 23, 2023

Dr. Chris Martenson on COVID Lockdowns: We are In a Psychological Warfare
    Aug 23, 2023

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Harmony (25th August 2023), Vangelo (24th August 2023)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,802 times in 20,599 posts

However, Martin is sadly misinformed when it comes to the very real dangers of solar flares.
    Even if they aren't strong enough to affect the electric grid much, they still can have a negative effect on life forms.
    The Carrington event in 1859 proved that if a similar event occurred today ( which it very will could) the whole electric grid would likely go down and transformers would be permanently damaged.
    Martin needs to familiarize himself with the scientific data regularly provided on SuspiciousObservers youtube channel.
    (He should aslo be a lot more selective with his use of the word "we". )

Both Martin and Matthewson seem to be unaware that the effects of the diminishing magnetic layer around the Earth and the decreasing ozone layer are admitting much more harmful radiation from the Sun.
    Along with lots of Sun exposure which both are recommending, people are also exposing themselves more to all the toxins that are in the open air from chemtrails, industrial waste, etc.
    There is something to be said for being indoors with a good filtration system, ionizers, lots of house plants, crystals, Full Spectrum light bulbs, etc.
    A little bit of full Sun every day is fine, but too much is a lot more dangerous than it used to be.

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    David Martin on Man in America and Chris Martensonon infowars concur that this is a attack psychogical and physical. The machinations are ancient. We seeing it is our new state of awareness.....

Dr. David Martin: DON’T FEAR the Coming Lockdowns… the Cabal is Already DEAD
    Aug 23, 2023
    Last edited by onawah; 24th August 2023 at 20:26.
    Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Harmony (25th August 2023), Vangelo (24th August 2023)

25. Link to Post #13
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 times in 306 posts

Oh boy. When I see Ayn Rand and David Martin being tossed around in a discussion my mind instantly starts to play elevator music…

‘They Might Be Giants’ Whistling In the Dark…

‘A man came up to me and said I’d like to poison your mind
    By hitting it with a rock you see though I am not unkind’

And so I guess I’d rather be whistling in the dark

And as such I am just going to put this right here as a little musical interlude for y’all

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Artemesia For This Post:

Harmony (25th August 2023)

+ Reply to Thread