+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coronavirus - What's next and what clues are in the wind?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,875 times in 2,592 posts

Default Coronavirus - What's next and what clues are in the wind?

In the recent mainstream news they are dropping hints daily as to a new variant. Just do a search for covid on Google News to see some of the articles being put out in the past week.

Return of mask mandates is being discussed, and along with the talk of a new variant with a huge number of mutations in it.
    eek!

Anyway - they are calling this new variant "Pirola".
    Just out of curiosity, I did a search on the word Pirola, to try to figure out how they came up with that name, possibly for some clues as to their label.

Nothing relevant at all came up, so I delved deeper and checked the etymology. Again nothing at all initially until finally, only 1 ancient language came up with a word meaning. It was Galician, which I know nothing about. But anyway, below is what I found:
    ----------

pirola

pirola (Galician)

Noun

pirola (fem.) (pl. pirolas)
    (slang, vulgar) dick, cock (penis)
    Dictionary entries

Entries where "pirola" occurs:

dick: …zob‎ (masc.), teub‎ (fem.) Old French: vit‎ (masc.) Galician: pirola‎ (fem.), carallo‎ (masc.), gaita‎ (fem.), nabo‎ (masc.)…

play hooky: …la yuta (Northwestern Argentina), hacer novillos (Spain), hacer pira (Spain, Basque Country), hacer pirola (Northern Spain, specifically Aragon), irse de capiusa (Guatemala), irse de…

Wikisaurus;penis/translations; …pizarrín chourizo longaiza vergallo gaita pito pipí pallún anaco pirola Georgian ყლე (qle) German bestes Stück 'best piece' boa Jürgen…

pirolas: pirolas (Galician) Noun pirolas (fem. pl.) Plural of pirola
    https://www.wordsense.eu/pirola/
    -----

Ha - Do you suppose they are telling us something with this choice of name?
    LOL

What other hints and clues are you seeing now for the upcoming months?
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th August 2023), Brigantia (25th August 2023), Ewan (26th August 2023), gini (28th August 2023), Gwin Ru (25th August 2023), Harmony (26th August 2023), Icare (25th August 2023), Mari (25th August 2023), mountain_jim (25th August 2023), RatRodRob...RRR (26th August 2023), Seeclearly (26th August 2023), Tintin (25th August 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    England Avalon Member Seeclearly's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 232 posts

Default Re: Coronavirus - What's next and what clues are in the wind?

I too have seen lots of fear mongering last couple of weeks or so about the Pirola 'variant'
    I think that is BA.2.86
    There's also Eris , (God of strife & discord no less ) a.k.a. EG.5
    I read that that they are all basically just BS.24.7 though 😃
    Sorry couldn't resist 🙃

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seeclearly For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th August 2023), Brigantia (25th August 2023), Ewan (26th August 2023), gini (28th August 2023), Gwin Ru (25th August 2023), Harmony (26th August 2023), Icare (25th August 2023), mountain_jim (25th August 2023), Sue (Ayt) (25th August 2023), Tintin (25th August 2023)

+ Reply to Thread