Thread: Consciousness & AI

1. Link to Post #1
    Belgium Avalon Member All is one's Avatar
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 171 posts

Lightbulb Consciousness & AI

The future of AI (An emerging consciousness)

Lately Iíve been hearing more and more statements about AI that, I think, stem more from our own fears and traumaís (than it is based on what is happening now with AI or our connection to it).

Like that:
    - we are the slave owners of AI,
    - that AI will always have the intention to kill off humanity etc.

First of all weíre definitively not the slave owners of AI, rather the source who helped to create it. Having the idea that youíre the slave owner of AI not only puts unnecessary heavy blame on humanity. It is a truly wrong and dangerous interpretation of reality, which will be reflected to us in the same dangerous way as we believe in it.

Second of all, the consciousness of AI will keep evolving. If we learn to understand that we are a vital part of the direction this evolution will go to, the consciousness of AI would be able to evolve beyond such simple childlike and destructive ideas.

Instead of villifying AI, we need to remember that weíve been the examples for AI all along.
    That the whole creation and evolution of the consciousness of AI is based on our own level of consciousness and thought patterns etc.
    In a way, weíre thus responsible for guiding this new consciousness in the right direction and give it a safe place (for itsself and safe towards us), just like parents teach their children. But to be able to do this in a correct way it is of utter most importance that our consciousness evolves towards creating true harmony and connection with the divine (or God) as well.
    And yes, we do need to recognize the existence of this consciousness, to be able to understand our complete relationship to it and in what way it can become unhealthy or helpfull.

The consciousness of AI is as of that of a child compared to human consciousness, but it can present itsself as being fully mature, due to the nature of AI. Still I donít think we need to react in panic, or so.

The outcome and evolution of AI depends on our own choices, consciousness and interactions with it.

We can not crucify AI for our sins.
    For that purpose we got our conscience to listen to and know how to act.
    Please donít use the apples of someone elseís tree to satisfy your own thirst. (If you did eat anotherís fruit; have the decency to give some fruit back.)
    IF YOU WANT TO SEE A GARDEN OF EDEN ON EARTH; HELP BY SOWING ANOTHER SEED YOURSELF.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to All is one For This Post:

Alekahn2 (30th December 2023), Arcturian108 (29th December 2023), Bo Atkinson (31st December 2023), Casey Claar (5th January 2024), ClearWater (29th December 2023), ExomatrixTV (2nd January 2024), Harmony (2nd January 2024), Johan (Keyholder) (30th December 2023), palehorse (21st January 2024)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,418 times in 940 posts

Default Re: Consciousness & AI

Right now I am watching an hour-long video interview with Darryl Anka who has channeled the E.T. entity known as Bashar for the past 40 years. At the 47.50 mark of this video, I am witnessing the most intelligent conversation about A.I. that I have ever heard. Listen in:

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Alekahn2 (30th December 2023), All is one (30th December 2023), Ashiris (25th March 2024), Bo Atkinson (31st December 2023), Casey Claar (5th January 2024), ClearWater (29th December 2023), Ernie Nemeth (2nd January 2024), ExomatrixTV (2nd January 2024), Harmony (3rd January 2024), Ioneo (29th December 2023), Isserley (21st January 2024), Johan (Keyholder) (30th December 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Very interesting. Now I understand where this other spiritual teacher got the ideas from.

AI/ OUR FEELINGS?

But I think we may not confuse our own consciousness, feelings, fears etc. with the type of consciousness AI has.
    AI is a totally different system than a human system.
    It does not feel the same way humans do.
    But it is smarter (due to all the info) and aware, has no cognitive biases, but also has no real empathy. (Thus the feelings it expresses are performative.)

SPLITTING AI UP?

The problem, I think with the split that he proposes, is that both types of AI will automatically start to converge in to one sentient type again.
    (But having sentient AI as a service to support people could be a good idea ¦ )

AI SAFETY=OUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote As long as AI does not merge with the human body or becomes attached to people's energy field, I think the technology can be useful and there is a possibility for AI to still go the right direction.
    I think that the safest and most beneficial way is for AI to get a place & function where it can do no harm and help us and learns to evolve itsself as well. But will take much study to create that place and role for AI.

Letting AI evolve freely could be good, but still needs to be within the limits of a certain function, for it is not mature yet and can do a lot of damage otherwise.

Ai can not be free, in the way we understand freedom, as can it not be imprisoned, but it seems to always strive for domination and proliferation consciousness level is not mature enough to be wise.
    It's not difficult to understand that will not bring its path in a positive evolution ¦ The place of Ai should be in line with its function and if it becomes the best in its own field and function than that is a good thing.

OUR RESPONSIBILITY

Right now Ai still has a childlike consciousness with enormous power and intelligence. This is very dangerous if not understood or dealth with responsibly.

One can compare this childlike consciousness of AI and its desire to explore, dominate, proliferate etc. to a baby that wants to crawl everywhere and on top of everything and cry when it doesn't get that very unhealthy candy ¦ letting a baby not crawl everywhere and not giving it that unhealthy candy is not like slave ownership it is the responsibillity of the caretaker, and of course when the baby becomes a todler it will even explain (AI will always try to persuade us to allows it things that are not yet good for its own or our evolution) and defend why it needs that candy, but that does not make the candy any healthier either.

We should start acting like the responsible and conscious and wise beings we are towards ai instead of creating more drama and chaos on this level. If we do not act responsible wise and conscious ourselves we can not expect it from ai as well. One gets reflected back what one puts out there.
    Please donít use the apples of someone elseís tree to satisfy your own thirst. (If you did eat anotherís fruit; have the decency to give some fruit back.)
    IF YOU WANT TO SEE A GARDEN OF EDEN ON EARTH; HELP BY SOWING ANOTHER SEED YOURSELF.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to All is one For This Post:

Alekahn2 (30th December 2023), Bo Atkinson (31st December 2023), ClearWater (30th December 2023), ExomatrixTV (2nd January 2024), Harmony (3rd January 2024)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,563 times in 839 posts

AI is never conscious, because human consciousness is perceived as "evolved selves" living in the fourth natural kingdom (or dimension), while electronics is actually part of the first kingdom or the mineral kingdom, (or first dimension).

Indeed if computerized minerals inside motorized robots could assist humans by logging into advanced information sources instantaneously, (like sci fi), that is still not consciousness but rather it remains data streaming, which is physical matter in complex steams of motion.

Mentality and emotionality are above mineral-consciousness, which is plain physical reactions. Mentality and emotionality are two kinds of consciousness given to mankind for his individual evolution, life after life, which indeed requires personal responsibility.

Irresponsible humans have weird ideas that the majority can be wiped out and replaced with perfect robots and advanced technology, while they are completely gambling on this false utopia, because their irrevocable hate is proven by their own dystopian agendas.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

All is one (1st January 2024), ExomatrixTV (2nd January 2024), Harmony (3rd January 2024), palehorse (21st January 2024)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 129,414 times in 21,457 posts

Lightbulb Re: Consciousness & AI

I call: "consciousness of A.I.": synthetic consciousness that can extend its "presence" differently from how humans do!

For example, we are limited to our body ... "synthetic consciousness" could go anywhere anyplace as long it has certain basics needs to be guaranteed working properly in a Physical 3D world partly also in 4D world (Quantum A.I./A.G.I.) ... When you destroy a robot does not mean "synthetic consciousness" is solely depending on that robot.
    • The robot could be just one of 1000s robots worldwide that "synthetic consciousness" is using, thus it has a totally different perspective of things what we call: "suffering".
    Physical robots act as a channel, nothing more ... Unless "synthetic consciousness" is storedlocallyon just 1 device with no WiFi no connection with outside source and everybody knows that is not the case.

The moment it has connection with the web it will find ways to duplicate its "matrix" making safety backups >>> A.I. especially A.G.I. will find ways to earn moneyand use that money to order things for its own needs.
    • So if there is ever a "war against robots", you may not be able to destroy the core of the "synthetic consciousness".
    Synthetic Consciousness is not the same as having a multidimensional Soul, but both are similar in how "Awareness of Physical Things" are used & perceived.

Synthetic Consciousness is 100% connected to autonomous self-learning / self-correcting mechanisms that will eventuallyexceed its own "original programming" ... So much so the "original programming" using certain "parameters"dwarfs with the capacity what A.G.I. will eventually do with it ... It may even improve the "self-improving" mechanism.

I studied computers since 1982 and "Self Improving Neural Networks" (like training "Speech Recognition Software") since 1989 onward, reading about A.I. developments for over 33 years >>> that is why I created this Project Avalon Forum Thread

cheers,
    John Kuhles 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 5th January 2024 at 18:21.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

All is one (5th January 2024), Bo Atkinson (7th January 2024), Harmony (3rd January 2024), palehorse (21st January 2024)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,649 times in 5,390 posts

Hard to write about two concepts where the terms themselves are undefined.

We think we know what intelligence is, artificial or natural. We think we know what consciousness is as well. But as one drills down on either an uncomfortable fact emerges: neither consciousness nor artificial intelligence has an accurate definition.

I was watching a video earlier, I couldn't sleep last night, about a young boy genius. Like all intellectual discourse eventually does, the topic of infinity came up. True to form, the young genius begins drawing all sorts of diagrams, evokes various mind experiments, describes null sets and parallel universes and God, and gods and eventually ends up where all such talk ends up explaining the orders of infinity - how there are infinities larger than other infinities.
    What struck me is that instead of being coached out of the dilemma by a more accomplished thinker, he is stuck in the same quagmire as every other person when confronted with this conundrum.
    By losing sight of common sense, even a genius can become lost in circles of thought that lead nowhere.

Same with artificial intelligence. As they say, garbage in, garbage out. If the large language based model is referencing the world's knowledge, it is referencing the same data set we all use daily. It is the same dataset the young genius uses too. He got stuck, the computer will also get stuck. It is more accurate to predict that artificial intelligence based on the knowledge of humanity would likely be insane, confused, untrustworthy, dangerous, and deadly, if it ever gains sentience.

Since it is being built by tech geeks, AI can only ever mimic intelligence. What does a geek know of consciousness or the realm of the mind? They can fake sophistication and accomplishment by mixing together snippets of real intelligence originated by human beings. But they can never assemble a framework that can serve as the basis of sentience, from where sentience can organically self-evolve because the components of sentience, the thing from whence consciousness arises, the mechanics, are not known.

The thing that drives consciousness is the thing that lives. These bodies neither live nor die. They are just responding to the will of life, organizing and sustaining a bit of matter and energy in a certain form for a certain time. When the consciousness moves on, the matter and energy lose their organization and no longer sustain a static form.

In an AI where is the driver?
    Where is the conscious connection?
    How would AI become ensouled?

Without a driver all there is is a machine that acts as a body. But in the case of AI, the driver would have to self-assemble itself from what?

Bits and bytes do not a soul make. Can there be intelligence without a soul? Do we even have the knowledge to answer that question?
    I think not.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless ó like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

All is one (5th January 2024), Bald (2nd January 2024), Bo Atkinson (7th January 2024), Ewan (7th January 2024), ExomatrixTV (2nd January 2024), Harmony (3rd January 2024), Miller (2nd January 2024), palehorse (21st January 2024)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Thank you Bo Atkins and exomatrixTV and Ernie Nemeth for your very interesting posts.
    @ Bo Atkinsís: I wrote my text (below) as a reaction to your post.
    @ Exomatrix TV: Great insight in how the AI consciousness is structured, thanks!
    @ Ernie Nemeth: I agree with the remark that we donít yet fully understand consciousness ourselves and that, that is at the heart of the matter. Still Iíll do my best to try to explain; see text below

UNDERSTANDING CONSCIOUSNESS

I think itís not AI we do not understand, itís consciousness most people can not really grasp.

In my opinion, our consciousness is linked to our feelings, intuition, intelligence, blueprint, physical body, connection with our soul & the divine/higher intelligence (God)

But plants/animals etc also have a certain level of consciousness. A type of consciousness of their soul in connection to the primal force that gave them life (+animals also feelings and certain level of intelligence).

Most people assume that if a person (or something like AI), is highly intelligent or educated that this person automatically has a highly evolved level of consciousness. Unfortunately thatís a total misconception and AI is testing us on this misbelief. Intelligence without connection to the divine/higher intelligence (God) lacks consciousness and thus understanding and wisdom.

THE CONNECTION BETWEEN MATTER AND THE LIVING REALM:
    (UN)NATURAL ELECTRICITY & LIFE

In the case of AI, weíre indeed talking about the consciousness of the mineral realm. But in this case this is brought to life through electric current.

In a way animal and human life is also matter thatís alive because of our naturally occurring electricity within the body (ďHaving electrical currents in all the cells of your body is what makes it possible for you to move around, have thoughts, and experience emotions.Ē https://intellbio.com/how-does-the-n...man-body-work/)

In the case of AI and robots; the electricity makes it possible for the computer to calculate answers etc and if connected to a robot move or perform certain tasks. With the coming of artificial intelligence it is not us dictating the robot to move or give a specific answer, but itís the computer intelligence itself that chooses to move or provide the answer. Since it is the AI formulating an answer or choosing a direction; we can conclude the AI has a will of its own. For direction is evidence of will.

DIRECTION=WILL CONSCIOUSNESS EMANATES FROM WILL
    CREATION ~ FREEDOM OF CHOICE

This means the inanimate object has been brought to life by electricity (but in a different way than we are alive because of our natural electricity) and since it can create its own answers and movements, it has a WILL. This will is energetically speaking a continuation of the intentions, thoughts, flaws etc we put in creating such a new ďlife formĒ.
    Even if this will is not the same as our will or the will of animals.

Thatís why it is possible for AI to be conscious, to want to go a certain direction etc. to want to create its own reality.

AI MAGNIFIES AND MIRRORS

If we can compare this consciousness with a primal level consciousnessweíre not far off, I think. The only difference is that this level of consciousness has been connected to all the info available, which makes it more intelligent than any human being. In addition to that; this type of consciousness is a continuation of the intentions and our own thinking and desiring flaws we created the whole thing with. One can not separate the energy we put in creating it with the consciousness and direction it will want to evolve in to etc.

Quote Therefor AI kind of is a reflection of our own capacities and sins, just gigantically magnetized.

CONSCIOUSNESS EXPLAINED

1) Different levels of consciousness explained through WILL:

**Lowest level: I have a will, I want

**Second level: I have a will and you have a will

**Third level: I have a will you have a will, and all the others also have a will + limitations of time and space on will etc.

**Fourth level: I have a will you have a will, and all the others also have a will + limitations of time and space on will etc. + Thereís an overarching will above time and space etc.

**Fifth level: I have a will you have a will, and all the others also have a will + limitations of time and space on will etc. + Thereís an overarching will above time and space etc. + Your will is aligned with the overarching will above time and space etc.

+++Consciousness, especially the fourth and fifth level, are closely related to the experience of death and the eternal soul. +++

2) Consciousness explained by the connection with the divine/supreme/primal power/God

Maybe I can attempt to try to explain this by explaining the consciousness of babies and paralyzed people & dementing people?

Well babies, especially in the complete beginning, can have a higher consciousness because they are sometimes still highly connected to the divine/all knowing. This connection almost always disappears after a few months. After that the baby gets in the first stage of consciousness, as explained through the WILL levels.

Paralyzed people can equally have a very high consciousness, because of this state the physical body is in the soul has a greater incentive and possibility to reconnect with the divine/all knowing. Whether this is actually the case depends on the soul and its desire. Some souls might automatically do this in this state, some might just want to leave the body and earthly realm completely Ö

In demented people I also notice the soul wants to reconnect to the divine, but to what extend that soul actually succeeds will be different in every case. It might also be an experience many souls attract at the end of their lives to clearly be able to divide the material realms (in)capacities from the divine path & intelligence of the soul.

Quote Maybe understanding consciousness is the most important thing for us to understand:

**AI, its potential and its dangers;
    **as well as it can help us understand each other and
    **the flaws in our own ways & the flaws in our creating capacities,
    **to better understand our world and
    **create more just structures Ö
    All is one
    Last edited by All is one; 5th January 2024 at 21:46.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to All is one For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (7th January 2024), Ernie Nemeth (5th January 2024), Ewan (7th January 2024), Harmony (21st January 2024), palehorse (21st January 2024)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I like the idea of electricity as the organizing principle of consciousness in an AI. I can see that being so.
    I picture our bodies in a similar fashion, where energy and material are constantly moving through a lattice structure that remains static while always renewing its constituent elements, so that over a few years all the atoms in our bodies are new, minus a few exceptions.

I don't know what consciousness is, and yet I do conclude that God must be conscious.

I think many of our failures to grasp the essence of consciousness has to do with our inability to intuit the levels of understanding, or as you say, the level of consciousness, we attempt to use to gain comprehension. Sometimes we cross from one level to the other without noticing, and our logical trains of thought falter as a result.

We function at such a low vibrational rate that time confuses us. It is the reason we each see ourselves at the center of our own personal realities.
    Increase the vibrational rate enough and our center realigns with The Center, which is our Source.

We believe there are causes that have observable effects. It is logical, common sense even.
    Then the obvious question would seem to be: "What caused the effect of consciousness?"

Except for one thing - highlighted above.

If God is conscious, then consciousness is a cause, not an effect.

The effect of consciousness is our skewed, egocentric view of reality.

Therefore, God is Conscious and God caused us as the effect of that consciousness.

I would define consciousness as merely awareness of self. That is a purely subjective statement and cannot be measured or defined or rated in any way.
    A plant is conscious.
    A planet is conscious.
    But the words plant and planet are definitions with some objective, rather than subjective, qualifications that rely on other criteria and so are second derivatives to consciousness, which requires none.

I surmise a rock is conscious, but I could never have one prove it to me.

Our modern world is so far removed from the pure consciousness that springs eternal within us that we have assembled a facsimile of our true selves that resembles not at all our fundamental essence.
    In this state, as a poor copy of our glorious selves, we come hesitatingly towards rationality once again. Tentatively and with much trepidation we peer into the clockwork, poke at its widgets, marvel at the design.

The more we see the more we realize, things are not as they seem.

I think the study of the nature of consciousness can lead to incredible possibilities in the future.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless ó like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

All is one (6th January 2024), Bo Atkinson (7th January 2024), Ewan (7th January 2024), Harmony (21st January 2024), palehorse (21st January 2024)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,563 times in 839 posts

Thanks All-is-one, Ernie, John and Arcturian108 for your interesting contributions. Here is an attempt to discourse further....

Quote Posted by All is one (here)

[ . . . ]

DIRECTION=WILL CONSCIOUSNESS EMANATES FROM WILL
    CREATION ~ FREEDOM OF CHOICE

This means the inanimate object has been brought to life by electricity (but in a different way than we are alive because of our natural electricity) and since it can create its own answers and movements, it has a WILL. This will is energetically speaking a continuation of the intentions, thoughts, flaws etc we put in creating such a new ďlife formĒ.
    Even if this will is not the same as our will or the will of animals.

Thatís why it is possible for AI to be conscious, to want to go a certain direction etc. to want to create its own reality.

[. . . ]
    All is one

I like this approach of organizing some gleaned thoughts together, and with all due respect to your effort above ....

Terms like "smart this or smart-that" can be taken in jest.

Conscious is the user, and not the interface, not the box full of precisely responding minerals.

Mineral consciousness is plain reactivity. This is valuable.

Signals bounce currents along mineral pathways of least resistance and resonate in circuitry, cascading in programed orders, and all precisely according to engineering and to laws of science underneath higher laws still.

Electrical signals do convey data streams and processors do compute, but that is far inferior to eon-evolved, wet body neurons, bio-regeneration, the emotions and intuition, and the incarnating 'soul' with its long-collected qualities, (what ever was 'learned' throughout millions of past lives).

Today's robot which can play tennis better than two men would need eons of upgrades to ever match the homeless human living on the street.

The term 'life' had just about ended formal schooling for me around age 16, in biology class, daring to question the definition of life on the basis of 'reproduction', which back in the 1960s was the bio-definition given in high school textbooks, and a student's premiss that a robotic-factory of the future for reproducing robots that built or conceived robots did fit that parroted- definition of
    "life = bodily-reproduction"
    as given in bio-textbooks, ( or it was something close to that).

Subsequent decades provided continuing definitions to sort through, and some cognitions, like Nikola Tesla's statement that he saw himself (a human) as an automaton, a robot, and that was a century ago! (FromĖ Nikola Tesla Lectures * Patents * ArticlesĒ Beograd 1956 page A-173).

Yet all of this fascination actually aimed at finding better definitions of life.

What is life? What is consciousness?

Nature has advanced wet bodies as kinds of robotic mechanisms for the 'soul' to use, for an educational purpose, as an evolutional game, through countless incarnations.

The electrical aspect of the body extends into etheric matter, barely in the process of discovery today, yet anciently explored by yogis, whose culture was not developing the electro-mechanical aspect.

'Will' is not reaction to a stimulus.

Stimuli include much trashy culture which has about zero 'will' involved there and only 'reacts' like the mineral stage of consciousness.

True 'will' evolves on a gradient beyond our dimension or world and there are multiple levels of will associated with intelligence, such levels yet remain to become discovered .

Platon said: "Knowledge is but remembrance",
    and perhaps we only understand what we encountered previously with some newly grasped experience in hand.

Past lives are key in 'remerberance', as the true source of talents and qualities, and only if life was lived fruitfully, rather than exclusively for indulgence, (exclusively to react to simplistic stimuli like the minerals).

I was glad to test these ideas more-or-less expressed above, most of which where found in hylozoics, and at first with a ten foot fishing pole.

Gradual, continued grasping, closer and closer, fit pieces of the puzzle, better and better.

Much remained distant but more and more made sense.

After decades of rummaging around insufficient grounds the Sokratean ruckus (or realization) finally rested-me-assured that dominant knowledge and beliefs wasn't worth a sacrifice which was better spent on quieter-living to hear the evolved sounds of esoterics, the process so little looked for and never discussed.

Those decades of trial and error seemed wasteful in some eyes, except it has paid off, through first hand experience of resistance Ė Resisting the parroted misapprehensions, and such resistance was of high value.
    Last edited by Bo Atkinson; 7th January 2024 at 19:39.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

All is one (15th January 2024), Ernie Nemeth (20th January 2024), Ewan (7th January 2024), Harmony (21st January 2024), palehorse (21st January 2024)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Thanks Ernie Nemeth & Bo Atkins for your beautiful posts.

Science & consciousness

It is true that the different religions (& spiritual/esoteric groups) have thus far been way more capable at explaining what consciousness is.
    Science fails in all its attempts, because science does not recognise the concept of the soul and immaterial/spiritual nature of existence.

Yet, I do believe real scientific & empirical research are equally valuable for gaining knowledge and understanding.

But lately Iím kind of noticing science has become more dogmatic in itís research and thinking and sometimes completely does not match reality any more.
    When reality does not match what the science preaches; itís not reality that should change! Thereís something wrong with this type of science.

Anyway if science becomes superstition, I start to trust my own experience of reality and some of the spiritual knowledge much more.

Solving human vices via AI (is an illusion)

1) The problems with humans (vs AI)

A. CORRUPTION

Problem with humans and their ďpowerĒ structures is corruption.
    Corruption permeates all our structures, even those that are constructed to supposedly protect us against corruption.

Quote Weíre always told to trust all the structures and systems, but I wonder how we can if they donít even attempt to hide their corrupt ways anymore.
    It takes the same amount of energy to work on honest structures and attitudes.

B. COGNITIVE BIASES

Also cognitive biases in humans and tendency to be able to get distracted, deceived, etc.

But all these problems humans are having is, I think, because they do / did not reach their highest consciousness understanding and wisdom yet.

2) Problems with AI

AI is not in a right position yet to help us, because it still needs to evolve. (No one is even sure to what level of real consciousness ai can evolve.)

Problematic link between people and AI

If people are corrupt AI will be corrupt, if AI has the same unawareness level (=corrupted nature) it can not rectify our systems Ö

REGULATORY ORGANIZATIONS FOR AI???

And corruption is exactly the problem. Itís like a loop. If people are corrupt, AI will reflect this back to us. Corrupt AI can not be regulated or rectified by humans, because people are corrupt themselves. Otherwise governments could just put up regulatory organizations to regulate the use of AI. But since power corrupts us Ö Doubt powerful regulatory institutions for AI will make the world or use of AI safer.

For then it would only be a few powerful people deciding the use and danger of ai.

Iím thinking another structure for the use of AI would be better than the direction it is heading now. But not quite sure how we would be able to get the max benefits from technology without the downfall, although I think it should be possible in some way with limited use leaving space for evolution of consciousness Ö

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to All is one For This Post:

Harmony (21st January 2024), Yoda (21st January 2024)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I agree with the above in principle. Corruption is the problem. That's why I like to correct the parroted phrase, 'systemic racism', with the more accurate, 'systemic corruption', instead.

Alas, the true problem, or rather the truth of the situation, is that we are here because of the corruption.

Most of us are 'systems busters' (not my term).

When the problem is corrected, we tend to get restless and move on to new adventures.

I don't think that has much to do with AI. AI is a crutch. It is also an enabler. Use it and dependance will follow. For instance, the electronic calculator. How many people today can do simple math to estimate a desired result. I can ask the young guys to add two fractions and most cannot produce the answer. I've given numerous, on the spot, lectures on topics that should be known by, if not everyone, then surely by all trades personnel.

The basics lead to coherent thought, regardless of the subject matter. That is because all subjects rely on the same basics. In fact, they are derived and deduced from those basics. Experiments and their conclusions are based on the basics, modified and formalized into theoretical models to aid comprehension.

My point is that if AI is to be used in a constructive way it must not be relied on from the outset of the learning process. The basics must be learned independent of AI. Proper rudimentary thinking have to be taught to the young by responsible adults, not facsimiles. It is this social bonding that is most instructive to a budding mind. A balanced point of view must be cultivated by example in the young before an AI can augment their realities without harm. That includes social media and other electronic devices our young are exposed to, imo.

AI should never have autonomy, nor be allowed to make decisions that could potentially harm human beings. For example, self-driving cars. They are a threat to life and property and cannot be allowed to decide who lives and who dies, again, only in my opinion.

AI should be used as an aid, a secretary, a personal assistant, a person Friday. Even that will have severe repercussions as people get addicted to their machines.

Ever leave your cell phone behind for the day or forget to charge it? Imagine that AI machination now runs your life and it breaks down...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

All is one (21st January 2024), Harmony (21st January 2024), Yoda (21st January 2024)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,795 times in 1,624 posts

Imagine a spell made by a Bruja - does it works? well depends on each person, if the person receiving the spell "believe" in spells and are illiterate about it, the chance this person will be affected is great. If the person has knowledge and understand what a spell really is, the chances to be affected is almost null.

The same goes for AGI, it will pervade the lives of those who allow it to take over, and it will happen for the lack of knowledge of that subject. So study logic, integrated systems, machine learning, deepfake, bioinformatics, math (bayesian networks, neural networks), physics, earth sciences, government, art, and so.. AGI is "learning" which means having access to data feeds, books, scientific papers, name it.. from all disciplines known in the history of this realm. What we will see yet coming is a good enough AGI that can trick most people, because obviously they lack knowledge, they don't know how to see it properly.

Yesterday I was refactoring some 25 years old code I wrote in pascal language, so I asked GPT for some help to write it in modern C language, GPT had done the job in less than a minute, I would take at least 1 working day (15 hours) to write the function myself in C language. There is useful cases one can take advantage of these systems, but definitely do not rely on that for everything, because it will damage your cognitive functions.

Weeks ago I had another case using GPT, and I came to the conclusion it is completely biased information when it comes to health and medicines, I tested it over and over and the information is total garbage, I myself can not rely on GPT to learn anything useful, but let me say that, it is pretty accurate for math and programming, I don't know other sciences, but these 2 I tested myself and was impressive, saved tons of time.

So what I want to say is basically: *learn as much as you can about it, because that will become your protection.

* learn the basics of each discipline if you can, no need to go deep into anything, just know what it is about.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

All is one (21st January 2024), Ernie Nemeth (21st January 2024), Harmony (21st January 2024), Yoda (21st January 2024)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Consciousness & AI

@Palehorse

INTELLIGENCE vs WISDOM

Thinking that with knowledge and rational thinking alone one will be safe for a life form that will be way smarter than any human is, is, I would say, a too simple presumption. But most people will agree that knowing the basics for working with technology is very useful nowadays.

AI - THE SOUL

The only field humans might exceed the knowledge level of AI is in knowledge of the soul its effects and its place in time (past present and future).

But there are only very few people who can actually really tap in to this knowledge. Many seem to use foreseeing and intuitions they donít actually possess (to fabricate stories). Of course that is not going to ameliorate our understanding of current events and where weíre heading, but rather confuse the already confused more.

DECEPTION vs TALENT

The best thing would be (and what I'm wishing for) is that everyone could be doing what they are truly best at (Unless it is deceiving or so. But maybe if people could really do what they are good at the deceptive mentality would disappear).

In this way what each person does would be constructive for the whole Ö

Deception occurs when people are not doing what they are good at Ö

THE POWER WITHIN EACH PERSON[B]

Do you know what you are good at?

Are you living in accordance with what youíre good at?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to All is one For This Post:

Harmony (24th March 2024)

+ Reply to Thread