+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why do those with means, try to emulate those without?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,294 times in 3,172 posts

Default Why do those with means, try to emulate those without?

Im taken by how many seem to admire or emulate those who are without.
    Im sure I am part of it to some degree but its on my mind to look at.

I can only imagine its guilt as the source. Yes? No?

But where did that originate? Its like a cultural cool to say, speak and dress like someone who is down on their luck, so to speak. Im down man! And to like films that portray down and out scenarios

Torn pants, pants below your ass and so on. Movies that show people really poor, seem to become admired by many who are not . Perhaps its people feeling they have no soul or a fake soul? Or that it came to them easy? But why does enjoyment of life have be be earned by suffering?

The thought is that poor people have soul and are more real? I see this as more of a social construction than anything. A media created construction that molds this.

Im watching a movie called War Pony, about the lokata indian youth. I love the film,Its great! I love that it is telling a real story from what I can see . But not that its presenting something someone should want to fake or emulate who is not part of it. You are who you are.
    We play the cards we are dealt do we not?

thoughts?

pd

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Agape (20th March 2024), Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), Bo Atkinson (20th March 2024), Casey Claar (20th March 2024), ExomatrixTV (19th March 2024), Harmony (20th March 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th March 2024), Mike (20th March 2024), Sadieblue (20th March 2024), Sue (Ayt) (19th March 2024), Sunny-side-up (20th March 2024), T Smith (20th March 2024), Tintin (20th March 2024), Yoda (20th March 2024)

3. Link to Post #2
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,659 times in 577 posts

Default Re: Why do those with means, try to emulate those without?

I believe it comes from the adage; It isn't that hard to become rich, what's hard is trying to keep it.
    Lawsuits from pure idiots, lies and slanderous finger-pointing, and schemes to twist or convert your assets and inheritance for your family into the pockets of others. It's a reality.

I had a lawsuit once from a lady that claimed I had not followed through on a contract. It was actually ridiculous, but it gets into court very easily. We proved that she had two convictions for welfare fraud and had just been released from prison, and her own family members testified that she cooked this up.

My liability insurance carrier paid her attorney and I guess her, $5000 to drop it. Why? Why not go after her and put her in jail? Because the legal system in America ensures that your defense will cost ten or more times that, and if you win she has nothing to take so it will cost her nothing.

Putting criminal penalties for bringing faked lawsuits might help. Good luck getting that passed.

This is the truth of the world - easier to downplay anything you have, and best of all, to get your ass and your assets away from those who might wish to take it.

Everything you pay for, from your Doctors visits to the tools you buy in a store, cost many times what they could sell for - all because we have defective liability statutes. Did you know that in all 50 states, someone can buy a used lawnmower. Then change it into a tree cutting gadget of your own invention, and then cut someone's head off - and the original manufacturer, even if it was 50 years ago and even if you changed the machine from its designed use, they can still collect from him in a lawsuit and collect big.

The laws are old jokes.

So yes, most downplay, others hide, some shelter it with any form of association, limited liability or foundation that they can think of - all in self defense.

And of course a great many rich people hide things and downplay because they are crooks, plain and simple. So not all good nor bad do this.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Agape (20th March 2024), Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), Bo Atkinson (20th March 2024), ExomatrixTV (19th March 2024), Harmony (20th March 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th March 2024), Sadieblue (20th March 2024), Sunny-side-up (20th March 2024), thepainterdoug (19th March 2024), Tintin (20th March 2024), Yoda (20th March 2024)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Jim interesting. I get it but didnt think of it right off. To me theres something in the culture, in music, movies and so on that celebrates the person living out of the trunk of their car more than a modest home.

d

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), ExomatrixTV (19th March 2024), Harmony (20th March 2024), Sadieblue (20th March 2024), Sue (Ayt) (19th March 2024), Tintin (20th March 2024), Yoda (20th March 2024)

7. Link to Post #4
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Jim interesting. I get it but didnt think of it right off. To me theres something in the culture, in music, movies and so on that celebrates the person living out of the trunk of their car more than a modest home.

d
    Yes, that too thepainterdoug. It's like wild west gunslingers, roaming from town to town, not much assets but lots of guts and courage, etc. It's a great meme/theme, and often people respect those with not much to call their own. In the very near future we will probably all be respected, because none of us will have anything left.

I once looked into to legal asset sheltering. I paid a company in London some thousands of dollars for a report from them on it. They suggested, and I **** you not, that I use the same scheme that the members of Congress used - a foreign insurance policy with retirement benefits but one that is able to be cashed in the day after you buy it. So, a completely legal way to wash unlimited dollars at only the cost of a few weeks of insurance - say $500.
    And sanctioned by the IRS because they wrote the loophole for Congress. It's gone now, sadly, and thus they all had to use Epstein to launder their money.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), ExomatrixTV (19th March 2024), Harmony (20th March 2024), Sadieblue (20th March 2024), thepainterdoug (19th March 2024), Tintin (20th March 2024), Yoda (20th March 2024)

9. Link to Post #5
    Costa Rica Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks

If you would like to see it in operation, just visit Miami. All the expensive condos on the beach are owned by government workers in South America or Central America/Mexico. They hide their ill gotten gains in real estate there. Then the crooks in the USA hide their's in Panama or Columbia or elsewhere - one of the islands. They have been doing that for many many years.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jim_Duyer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), ExomatrixTV (19th March 2024), Harmony (20th March 2024), Sadieblue (20th March 2024), thepainterdoug (19th March 2024), Tintin (20th March 2024), Yoda (20th March 2024)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Casey Claar's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 times in 775 posts

d
    Could it be it is not that they are poor that is being celebrated, but rather, as one possible answer, that they are somehow LIVING all the same, despite the circumstance. There is a freedom away from keeping up with society and societal standards.
    "Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need." —Raj

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Casey Claar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), Bo Atkinson (20th March 2024), Harmony (20th March 2024), Jim_Duyer (20th March 2024), Sadieblue (20th March 2024), Sunny-side-up (20th March 2024), thepainterdoug (20th March 2024), Tintin (20th March 2024)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,483 times in 4,626 posts

Some people are genuine loners , seen this phenomenon number of times and yes it always made me wonder why someone behave like it.

I think it has to do something with applying “common sense” on whatever karma has taken upon that person, good and bad, mostly it’s about people who had hard start then worked themselves out or won lottery of some sorts so they feel they deserve everything and get a new start.

Then there are generally two or three options how to continue life ..

my preferred option would be : invite all my friends and their friends for party and help those who are broke and struggling , then live decent life with as little needs but as many quality adventures as possible being able to benefit others at the same time.

In discretion I found, almost every new baked millionaire considers option one before the greater social pressure dawns on them.
    Million is not so much after all , there’s costly business suit and couple conferences to follow and if one does not start “rising” his money during the first year or two they will end up at the same place they started.

So then almost immediately in most European and Indian cultures the family and friends are closely instructed never to divulge that information and worse for them if they are alone they start to feel extremely fearful for their wealth, their lives etc.

Some start to drink at that point , the likelihood is they have to invest to their own therapy , some lose all their money investing to some sort of cult or therapy club at that point ,
    some turn mad and drive around till the energy is exhausted.

Generally I believe some form of family trauma is often involved in the causality of such behavior, extreme survival fear that’s not been worked out resulting in what seems to be extreme greed or loss of integrity.

That’s perhaps to consolation of the rest of us 🥀

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), Bo Atkinson (20th March 2024), Harmony (20th March 2024), Jim_Duyer (20th March 2024), thepainterdoug (20th March 2024), Tintin (20th March 2024)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Talking of survival instinct , its existence is mostly suppressed in modern human civilizations. Our lives exclusively depend on other humans and we grow upon well connected , layered social class experience protecting its children and vulnerable.

We would not let our family friend not to speak of child wander to the night alone , we would not lock their home for them.

Mostly . We had to get rigid law system to make sure we do not behave like animals on occasions we can’t real handle our fear of selves and other humans.

But we lock our doors from everyone else nowadays , works on chip card , whatever.

About four billion people out there that is half of the civilization grew up rough .

Their survival instincts and fears are important to them, everyday.

In laconic daze “there is no social equality” but there’s good chance that our common sense, intelligence and collective awareness so also empathy and respect for the overall human cause and struggle are rising with education and better feed,

with extending our communication and love for life , in all that is living

so one day we stop failing

on our logic

even stop teaching

how to fall

💧

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), Harmony (20th March 2024), thepainterdoug (20th March 2024), Tintin (20th March 2024)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

I think it's human 'Entropy'.

Being of a poorer looking state, shabby sheik is a natural baseline for humans, I think.
    Looking smart and only wearing new cloths is not natural, it's not human.
    You have to work at being clean and smart, it takes effort or lots of money, not natural.
    Or something like that ?
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Agape (20th March 2024), Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), Bo Atkinson (20th March 2024), Harmony (20th March 2024), Jim_Duyer (20th March 2024), Sue (Ayt) (20th March 2024), thepainterdoug (21st March 2024), Tintin (20th March 2024)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,675 times in 5,716 posts

It's the same kind of virtue-signalling fetish that occurs when someone insists women can do all the things men can do, or that all cultures are equal along all dimensions... plus perhaps some guilt (as you've pointed out).

But most of these people are insufferable hipsters, and don't want to be mistaken as someone of "privilege", lest they lose their commie street cred.

And also it's kind of a silly affectation the famous will deploy, usually artists, to manufacture the quirky and eccentric reputation they so deeply desire. Johnny Depp is the best example of this. The guy shows up on chat shows with the big hobo hat with the perfectly placed hole on top, and the whole quasi homeless ensemble to match - the weathered corduroys, the tattered leather boots, the rustic jewelry, you name it. It's pitiful.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Agape (20th March 2024), Arcturian108 (20th March 2024), Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), Bo Atkinson (20th March 2024), Harmony (20th March 2024), Sue (Ayt) (20th March 2024), thepainterdoug (20th March 2024), Tintin (20th March 2024)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,519 times in 831 posts

Cash-power and emotional-glory steadily
    daze or thrash consciousness around,
    unless a quieting streak of incarnations has
    managed to tread the water high or low.

Westerners still doubt that reincarnations
    are the process involved, long after extracting
    state from church, and tirelessly submerge
    in an all-consuming arbitrariness, instead.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2024), Harmony (20th March 2024), thepainterdoug (20th March 2024)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Mike your comments encapsulate what i observe. its a virtue signaling, a saying im more real if I look more down. Even if i dont need to, wearing dumpster clothes signals something cool, a surviving extreme duress and therfore more authentic and admirable.
    god forbid a clean cut guy walks in with clean sketchers and pressed jeans. but a hat turned around and an outfit scratched up to match the look, it aids in the street cred

It all makes me think what actors we all are. playing roles. roles we dont even know how, why or where they originated.

BTW It equally fascinates me why suites are the standard dress of rich, classy and successful when most mob, drug dealers and and criminals have the best suites.
    Last edited by thepainterdoug; 21st March 2024 at 01:59. Reason: afterthought

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Agape (21st March 2024), Casey Claar (21st March 2024), Harmony (21st March 2024), Mike (21st March 2024), Sue (Ayt) (21st March 2024)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

One has to consider the following : this is human civilization. It’s not considered “in norm” with humans to be enlightened to the point of “..just Being”.

It’s how things truly are. You may win your bets or lose them the other day and there’s no one , no insurance , no certainty that can guarantee any of us we will be at the same place tomorrow.
    The fact that we have prevented it from happening - does not negate the way WE really are. We are just here for a moment.

In order to deal with “power” whether it’s your intelligence, skill or money one has to pick up their character , earlier the better in their life which is not your favorite western psychological term ( unless for old Westerns ) because today’s modern and futuristic visions aka legends are often out of moral so also out of
    clue - the right measure to pass on next generations I would say.

Sure we grew up on fairy tales , tons of fairy tales along with encyclopedia of common knowable and great travel stories before we turned to other genres and out of the thousand tales of Arabian Nights and every other story told to children and adults on the globe each has a point where the good wins over the evil at the end

and where good and bad characters matter and can be clearly discerned at the end of the story.

Now in adult life we have figured out that it sort of does not happen on automatic but it all requires proof of character .

Without satisfying the power of your guiding intelligence - character in this life one will never be complete.

Even one without money can be complete but not the one without character.

Shame on “em

💦

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Sue (Ayt) (21st March 2024)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Agape / Even one without money can be complete but not without character/

well said. T Y

I have figured it out as needing to fit in.

I love this new movie about adolescent girls coming of age. " Are you there god, its me Margaret" 2023 / https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9185206/

its a delightful beautiful film about 12 year old girls navigating becoming young women. A world I know nothing about. But it truly demonstrates the need to fit in. To survive by being accepted.
    We will take on any number of disguises to adopt a particular strategy we feel will benefit us.

It carries thru into adulthood, even if subconscious .

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Agape (21st March 2024), Sue (Ayt) (21st March 2024)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,943 times in 2,597 posts

Mike your comments encapsulate what i observe. its a virtue signaling, a saying im more real if I look more down. Even if i dont need to, wearing dumpster clothes signals something cool, a surviving extreme duress and therfore more authentic and admirable.
    "Something cool." Yep, attempting to be "cool" and to project the image of the trends and fads of the current culture is a huge motivator. Adolescents searching for their identity are notorious for emulating perceived trendiness to avoid being shunned by the trendy herd.

It's not new. Remember beatniks who feared being labeled as square? And of course, young hippies from suburbia. And most likely the 20's, with the flappers and the gangster suits.

Hollywood had a whole lot to do with it, I think, by projecting the anti-establishment theme as noble, and exposing the hypocrisy often found in mainstream culture. But the noble outlier has always been a popular theme of stories, books, and plays. Rooting for the underdog is actually a rather compassionate human trait... Empathy... The faux-image adapters are probably trying to express the idea that they are of NOT part of the judgmental, hypocritical culture.

But Hollywood and MSM has now become a tool of the manipulators, who are fully aware of how human emotions can be played to direct actions and thus cultures.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Casey Claar (21st March 2024), thepainterdoug (21st March 2024)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Spot on Sue, its all a plan all contrived all with know results designed to make you feel if you step out of it, you will pay the price

But I want to make comment on a great thing Michael LeClerc said perhaps on a different post. I think Casey Claars post.

Michel said we need to become MORE INCARNATED, before we become more spiritual. More human in the our real earthrealm in which those aware know is an illusion can then look at it.
    We need to embrace the illusion, thats why we came here. I suppose its the same with the topic I brought up here. Be fake, its an illusory world anyhow

its like going to a play or movie and resisting being immersed in it. Thats why you went! to buy in !

Thanks Michael LeClerc , that has resonated w me

32. The Following User Says Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

33. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,552 times in 814 posts

I love this new movie about adolescent girls coming of age. " Are you there god, its me Margaret" 2023 / https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9185206/

its a delightful beautiful film about 12 year old girls navigating becoming young women. A world I know nothing about. But it truly demonstrates the need to fit in. To survive by being accepted.
    We will take on any number of disguises to adopt a particular strategy we feel will benefit us.

It carries thru into adulthood, even if subconscious .

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/L9h0ihVh0eVq
    Normal..!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Sue (Ayt) (21st March 2024), thepainterdoug (21st March 2024)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Lake / wow , the entire movie!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread