+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Day after Roswell book by Philip Corso

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member Victoria Tintagel's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up The Day after Roswell book by Philip Corso

Hi there, just found this book at www.isohunt.com as a pdf document. It's for free, just needs registering, that's all. Interesting little treasures to be found there, by the way...... books, videos, films.....have a great day!

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: The Day after Roswell book by Philip Corso

The Day after Roswell is a must-read for anyone seriously interested in UFO's IMHO. There is some disagreement about the veracity of some of Corso's claims but one should read it and make up one's own mind. And thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
    Last edited by Ventana; 18th April 2010 at 15:14. Reason: punctuation, as usual

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 times in 339 posts

Yes, this is a great book, from one of the most credible witnesses anyone could ask for. I've seen Phillip Corso speak as an older man, and I can't imagine why a man with his credentials would waste anytime whatsoever making things up. He essentially wrote this book in the last years of his life and was very sincere about what he knew.

I remember him being interviewed after its publication. Peter Jennings was grilling him and he was answering all of the questions faithfully. I think then Peter Jennings closed by saying, "Next thing you'll tell me our government has a time machine...."

And Corso replied "I'll tell you bout that sometime..."

Stellar stuff:-)
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”
    ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hiram (here)
    Yes, this is a great book, from one of the most credible witnesses anyone could ask for. I've seen Phillip Corso speak as an older man, and I can't imagine why a man with his credentials would waste anytime whatsoever making things up. He essentially wrote this book in the last years of his life and was very sincere about what he knew.
    I do personally believe 'some' of what Corso had to say, whether off record or on, but as to the 'possible' reasons for making stuff up only a few years before his death. About two years ago I listened to an interview with a gentleman by the name of Robert Emenneger, who produced some ufo documentaries many years ago (in the 70s), and he said quite a few interesting things in this interview, from his tone and just generally the things he was speaking of, and the fact he is not well known, made me conclude that he wasn't actually out-to-get anyone or a "disinfo agent" or anything like that. When this whole topic was brought up - and he was speaking very casually by the way - he said that Corso wanted to leave something (a legacy) for his grandchildren, or something of that nature, by making grandious claims of dealing with recovered craft, seeing bodies, etc. Basically saying that his 'intent' was pure, but the testimony is mostly made up to make him out to be a hero of sorts.

Another thing about the book is its co-author Bill Birnes, who is widely regarded as a sensationalist ufologist, and so many people attribute the book's extravagance and monstrous nature to this man, while essentially saying that Corso is telling the truth.

What tipped me off personally, of 'not' completely trusting Corso, was the Carlos Diaz case, when Phillip Corso joined the likes of Jaime Maussan, Jim Dilettoso and the others to validate this case, when the evidence is dubious at best. In the documentary Ships Of Light Corso takes one look at a photograph and gives his stamp of approval, then goes on to say that the craft is alive and the pilot(s) are integrated with the ship, or something like that.
    Last edited by Majorion; 27th April 2010 at 14:46.

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 times in 339 posts

[QUOTE=Majorion;14146]I do personally believe 'some' of what Corso had to say, whether off record or on, ......................
    What tipped me off personally, of 'not' completely trusting Corso, was the Carlos Diaz case, ..........................................

I think it was Richard Hoagland who had a highly placed friend who told him:

"The Lie is different at every level"

I really believe that.

Any time we ask the question, "Why would this person lie?" there will be many, many reasons people can come up with. We probably shouldn't be asking that question, or at least not hinging our total evaluation on it. So point well taken Majorian.

With that being said, I think much of what Corso describes in his book is factual. It has been corroborated by many other sources.
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”
    ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hiram (here)
    "Why would this person lie?" there will be many, many reasons people can come up with. We probably shouldn't be asking that question...
    No I think we should be asking that question, especially if we really wanna get that accurate info. I don't know about you but I prefer solid answers, and if someone has lied about anything then we must also take everything else they say with a grain of salt. Honestly I agree with you that some things will turn out true anyway, and btw (as already said) I too believe Corso, but nothing here is 'factual' like you're saying. It may be factual-to-us, but not with the rest of the world.

Unless you have some documentation or clear physical evidence to back it up, you simply cannot state it to be factual.

7. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Majorion;18299]No I think we should be asking that question, especially if we really wanna get that accurate info. I don't know about you but I prefer solid answers, and if someone has lied about anything then we must also take everything else they say with a grain of salt. Honestly I agree with you that some things will turn out true anyway, and btw (as already said) I too believe Corso, but nothing here is 'factual' like you're saying. It may be factual-to-us, but not with the rest of the world.

Unless you have some documentation or clear physical evidence to back it up, you simply cannot state it to be factual.[/QUOT I don't say what Corso wrote is factual I just believe he's telling the truth. There is a difference. I can't prove his story but I CHOOSE to believe him or at least give him the benefit of the doubt based on his bona fides.

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ventana (here)
    give him the benefit of the doubt based on his bona fides.
    Which is otherwise known as an appeal-to-authority. You shouldn't make decisions based on "bona fides", that is all I am saying friend.

+ Reply to Thread